TWILIGHT HATERS discussion

Twilight: Characters of Shame > Edward: Runner-up

Comments Showing 1-50 of 780 (780 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

message 1: by Gemma, The Bitchy One (new)

Gemma | 357 comments Mod
Maybe I would have had a bit more respect for Edward if he hadn't fallen for the perpetual moron Bella Swan. But not a lot.

He is probably the most unrealistic character I have ever come across (before you all jump on me for saying that about a fictional fantasy character, let me explain). He is 100-something years old and a forever17-year old. NOW if he has the needs and desires (sexual) that Stephanie Meyer proclaims. How in Gods name did someone stuck in a hormonal 17-year-old's body stay a virgin for over 100 years!!! WFT??

I'll admit, my dislike for Edward probably has less to do with his actual character and more to do with the hordes of tweens that run around the internet proclaiming their love for him. every time I see an "I LOVE EDWARD" bumpersticker, I lose a piece of my faith in humanity.

...ok I might be being a taaad dramatic. But he still annoys the crap out of me.

message 2: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~ (tripoddog) | 712 comments Mod
Your right! No matter how "innocent" Deadward is he still could of never gone that long with out harassing a girl! Then like a 100 years later, JUST BECAUSE HE CAN'T READ HER MIND! He decides to harass some idiotic 17 year old girl.

message 3: by Kataury (new)

Kataury How true! It's simply hilarious of how many people need to get over such a simple and insignificant if not a defile and decrepit book

message 4: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

I mean seriously! Hes a "vampire"(or so they say) his job IS to go around and harass unexpecting girls

message 5: by Gemma, The Bitchy One (new)

Gemma | 357 comments Mod
Instead of the 40-year-old virgin, hes the 100 year-old virgin (snickers)

message 6: by Kataury (new)

Kataury haha! XD

message 7: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) I think that Meyer wanted Edward and Bella to be a 'true' and 'pure' love. But, I mean, Ed's a vamp. Vampires aren't pure. They're rather the opposite.

I think she also wanted it to be an innocent first love, but with Bella constantly trying to rape Eddie...it's not the most innocent book.

message 8: by Gemma, The Bitchy One (new)

Gemma | 357 comments Mod
lol i know!!! Im surprised Edward isn't in therapy by the end of the book for how much bella is constantly sexually assaulting and peer pressuring him! lol

message 9: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) Tell me about it!

message 10: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

just the thought of edward makes me shutter!

message 11: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) Do you think Meyer's trying to tell her husband something?

message 12: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

what that she would like to do what bella did to edward?

message 13: by Gemma, The Bitchy One (last edited Aug 17, 2008 06:29PM) (new)

Gemma | 357 comments Mod
thats a scary thought

message 14: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) That her husband needs to lose some weight, start helping with the kids, want to give her everything she wants, stalk her...the works :)

message 15: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

0_o shes even sicker than i thought

message 16: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 19 comments Edward, ugh. The rabid tweeny fan girls following him are even worse than those that obsessively follow the Jonas Brothers...oye...

Plus, he is completely unbelievable. He's got- A-god like good looks, B- an infinate amount of money, C- The sexiest bod you can imagine (gee sure not teaching girls materialism, are we Meyer???)D- He's a good vampire. E- He's the "Perfect" (coughSTALKER/CONTROLLINGcough) boyfriend. E- He's got that whole innocent virgin vampire thing going on. (seriously?)

WTF?!

Honestly, he's too perfect. I mean yeah, he's a vampire, but so what? He's one of the good vamps (surprise!). Oh and his temper...well, yeah that's a flaw, but she could bring it out more. Plus his obsessiveness with the Epic Fail completely uninteresting Bella is re-he-heally annoying. But, hey, whatever floats your boat (coughBellaEpiclyFailscough).

message 17: by Gemma, The Bitchy One (new)

Gemma | 357 comments Mod
Omg its funny that you brought up the Jonas brothers!! There was a showdown on one of the forums lol

Stephanie Meyer tries to pass clumsiness and a temper off as character flaws. Shes delusional

message 18: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

Their excistence is a flaw to me!!!!

message 19: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) Lol, too true :)

message 20: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

I took one look at the actor's face who is going to play Deadward and thought "thats the preetiest butt I've ever seen!" XD

message 21: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) Lol, you're too kind. See, I thought he looked really drugged out, and I started crying. No joke.

message 22: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (chocoholic047) hahahah thats HILARIOUS.

i think he does look really stoned...not exactly sure if thats a side of edward we haven't seen but was always there?

another reason not to like him:)

message 23: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) Possibly...lol, oh jeez, tearing this book apart has made me fear for my younger sisters. What junk book will be out at their time?

message 24: by Gemma, The Bitchy One (new)

Gemma | 357 comments Mod
what?!?! is that serious??

message 25: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 19 comments LMAO, if that is real, then that is freaking HILARIOUS! Doesn't matter though, her style of writing reads like the crappy s*it you may find on fanfiction.com. XXXD

message 26: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) OMJ, that's awful...I'm starting to feel bad for the poor, poor woman. I mean, does she realize what she's doing to the youth?!

message 27: by Gemma, The Bitchy One (new)

Gemma | 357 comments Mod
I could never feel bad for the woman that prompted a vicious cycle of bad taste in today's youth. She has s-it for brains...and taste for that matter

message 28: by Ellie (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:16AM) (new)

Ellie | 19 comments Yes, I do feel a wee bit sorry for her because not only do her books suck (well, not according to the brainwashed thousands), but Breaking Dawn was a complete epic fail, and she got a lot of backlash for that (well, I guess she did deserve it since it blew so much...)), then there was the whole Midnight Sun coddleswap (which, I have to say, she is totally overreacting to and being so dramatic- probably aiming for sympathy so the fans will "return" to thier goddess worship of her. UGH!) and....wait, was I saying I felt sorry for this woman!?!!?

message 29: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

Breaking Dawn... was a teeny bit scary...

message 30: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) I posted that before the Midnight Sun crap. Now I'm just freaking mad.

message 31: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

he he aern't we all?

message 32: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) I'm mad!! Me! Me! Me me me!!!

message 33: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

Aww who cares about "Midnight Sun" Deadward will probably will just go on and on and on about "how good she smells" and how she is the hawtest thing he's ever seen.

message 34: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) I read the first twelve chapters and (don't murder me, please) I think she's getting better at writing. It held my intrest 'til page sixty-seven. Then I got terribly bored. There were more descriptions, but, Khloe was right. There was a lot of 'She smells really good' 'I dont' want to hurt her' 'she's so pretty' blah. Blah. Blah.

message 35: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

That story was finished before it began. So just shove it up your butt Meyers.

message 36: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) Ouch. Harsh :D

message 37: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

he he well thats how I roll. =)

message 38: by Phantompickles (new)

Phantompickles I know what happened in those twelve leaked chapters through recap, but I only actually read the first chapter of Midnight Sun. I'm tellin' you folks - creepy! It's official. Deadward is an effing psychopathic killer. You remember when Bella first meets Edward in bio, and he's all shrinking away from her because she smells like delectable flowers? Well, what he's actually thinking: He's planning on how he's going to get rid of the witnesses, and if he should kill the class first, or Bella. Meyer, if you were going for the whole "animal within" thing, you fail. EPICALLY. Instinct does not plan in which order it's going to kill its victims!

message 39: by ☼☼Khloe☼☼~*~Thirteenth Step~*~, The one who just looks good in tights (new)

I know he was like if i do this and this, this way, no one can escape. Then i can kill everybody in a blink of an eye! He's so diabolical it makes me SICK!! I don't want to be the victime of a deranged vampire(if he even has the RIGHT to be called a vampire *pouts*) I wish she would just make everything right and make Deadward gay with Jake.

message 40: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) Gross...

message 41: by Phantompickles (new)

Phantompickles You know, the story might have had some potential if SM had PURPOSELY made him a psychopathic stalker with a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde complex going; inwardly a monster, and hating himself for it. And Bella (again, the keyword being purposely) written as girl with self-destructive fetishes. Kinda like how Wuthering Heights (that book featured as a metaphor at one point)had two people who were in love but obviously had issues.

message 42: by Gemma, The Bitchy One (new)

Gemma | 357 comments Mod
personally, I think SM is milking this twilight thing for all it is worth by basically rewriting every book from a different point of view. It seems lazy and pointless to me.

message 43: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) No kidding :)

message 44: by Phantompickles (new)

Phantompickles Hell yeah, she's lazy. SM was asked if she would write a book on Carlisle's story, and she said that she wouldn't because it would take too much research. -_-

message 45: by Gemma, The Bitchy One (new)

Gemma | 357 comments Mod
yup why am i not surprised??

she'd rather reuse the same tired storyline over and over again.

message 46: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (chocoholic047) thats the sign of a true un-genius. its like she ran out of ideas wayyyyyy too early in her career...and she calls herself a writer?

message 47: by Gemma, The Bitchy One (new)

Gemma | 357 comments Mod
ughhh im just hoping she doesnt publish any more after this. hopefully all her unoriginal ideas have run out!

message 48: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 19 comments That is so true Gemma! Gor, what's she gonna do next, right it from Charlie's POV?!

message 49: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) Sorry dears, but it's a saga, so two more are coming out. Joy.

message 50: by Phantompickles (new)

Phantompickles I don't know. I read something on her website, and if I am right (oh please God, Buddha, Minerva, whoever, let it be true!)she seems to be saying that she's not going to be doing anymore vampire books after Midnight Sun. *airfist*

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16