Book Haven discussion

Buddy Reads > Buddy Read

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (last edited Feb 09, 2011 08:36PM) (new)

Samantha | 24 comments I would like to try a buddy read, I love to read and discuss book.

Heres a list of the books I would like to read if there is one on the list that you would like to read to let me know

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost
Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) by Gena Showalter
The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter

When Blood Calls (The Shadow Keepers, #1) by J.K. Beck
J.K. Beck

Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult
Jodi Piccoult

Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1) by Karen Marie Moning
Karen Marie Moning

Rogue (Shifters, #2) by Rachel Vincent
Rachel Vincent

message 2: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 440 comments Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 24 comments I wouldn't mind reading that one...I haven't ever read any of his books

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 148 comments I wouldn't mind reading Message in a Bottle. I don't have Nicholas Sparks' books on my Kindle because they are all at least $9.99 and I think they are relatively short stories.

But I would love to do a Buddy Read, sounds intriguing. Let me know if this is the one you choose and I'll go ahead and buy it.

message 5: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 24 comments Sounds like Message in a Bottle wins out..idk if you buy books anymore but Walmart has his books for 6 dollars. Everyone let me know when you're ready to start!

message 6: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 148 comments I don't read any paper books any more. I'll buy it for my Kindle. Let me know when the start date is.

message 7: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 24 comments Start tomorrow?..I will get the book today

message 8: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 148 comments Sounds good to me. I'll go ahead and buy it. I have Amazon gift card money that's burning a hole in my pocket. And I've been struggling getting into a book, so hopefully this one will be it. Oh, and I can create a new Collection on my Kindle called "Buddy Reads". I hope we do more than one!

message 9: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 24 comments That's nifty I wonder if my Sony reader will do that..if there's a book you'd like to try after this one I will read almost anything!

message 10: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 148 comments Samantha, I don't know if the Sony readers have an organization method, I don't have a Sony. I have a Nook and a Kindle 3. On Kindle they are called "Collections" but they are the same thing as Folders, so you can organize your books. I love the system.

message 11: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 24 comments Mine has a place for collections, I guess I will have to check it out..I look forward to our book discussions!

message 12: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 24 comments I guess before I post anything I should say that there maybe spoilers in here if you have not read Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks.

I have only gotten to page 87 out of 370 but I must say it has definitely caught my attention. I was actually thinking of making a copy of the fake letters in this book and posting them to my refrigerator!!
Nicholas Sparks has in my opinion so far created a beautiful love story that I hope can only get better! I guess this is a refreshing change from my paranormal romance books. Anyway that is just my opinion on the book so far. Hope everyone is enjoying it as much as I am and happy reading!

message 13: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 440 comments i just needed something happy to read and this is out of my league.

message 14: by Jill (new)

Jill shure | 8 comments Hello Sonya:

If you want to read something happy and light, read a book by author Jeanne Ray.

message 15: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 440 comments I'm going to finish the buddy read on this read.

message 16: by Krystine (new)

Krystine | 1 comments Who wants to read Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon

with me?

message 17: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 440 comments i'm going to read SHADOW BOUND, after I kill my neighbor. anyone want 2 join me??

message 18: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 440 comments i'm doing my darndest to ignore them. they're both innappropriate.

message 19: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 148 comments Goodness, Sonya, what's your neighbor doing??

message 20: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) Jill wrote: "Hello Sonya:

If you want to read something happy and light, read a book by author Jeanne Ray."

I loved Jeanne Ray's books, They are light but also very poignant.

Did you know that Ray is Ann Patchett's mother?