Start by marking “Rogue (Shifters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rogue (Shifters, #2)

Rogue

(Shifters #2)

Okay, so cats don't always land on their feet.

I know that better than most. Since rejoining the Pride, I've made big decisions and even bigger mistakes: the kind paid for with innocent lives. As the first and only female enforcer, I have plenty to prove to my father, the Pride, and myself. And with murdered toms turning up in our territory, I'm working harder than ever, t
Mass Market Paperback, 394 pages
Published March 25th 2008 by MIRA

To ask other readers questions about Rogue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rogue

Emily May
May 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal-uf, 2011
I'm not going to write a lengthy review of this because I already said pretty much everything I wanted to in my review of Stray. I will just pause to remind everyone that Jace is sexy awesomeness and Marc is a whiny control freak.

Samantha
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
After all the fun I had with Stray, I was expecting to love Rogue just as much. Sadly, I found it disappointing.

First off, although this one is smaller than the first book, I found it to drag. I thought the plot was very predictable, and we were missing all of the character interactions that I loved from the first book.

Also, Faythe's character wasn't what it was in the first book. I found her rashness to be more annoying than enjoyable. There were also times where a plot point was very obvious,
Jacqueline
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
4/5 stars

Compared to the first I think it started off a lot slower but towards the end it really picked up! I'm loving this series so excited to continue on.
1st Read - February 2010
2nd Read - July 2015

Original Review

I loved Stray, the first book in this series, and I was far from disappointed with Rogue. I would really recommend reading this series in order & although there won't be spoilers for Rogue in this review I can't help but give away some things that happen in Stray. If you've not started this series yet then I suggest you don't read any further.

The story continues several months after the end of Stray and as she promised her father Fa
Theresa
Feb 20, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: anybody that likes selfish, moronic female leads.
Shelves: fantasy, 2008, tgif
Pam Nelson
4.5 Rogue Stars

Wow, if I thought book 1 was action packed this one takes that by a mile. I loved it.

I loved the dynamic between all these characters. Mark is a favorite of mine as is Jase. I am rooting for Mark though. Even if his nose got out of joint just a little bit in this book.

Also in this book we found out that Fayth is a Canadian were-cat.. Hell ya Go Canada :op

I have to say Fayth kinda grew up in this book. She is and has taken responsibility for her actions. She didn’t really whine
Alaina
UGHHHHH!

Okay before I dove into this review.. I was young and naïve because I was going to give this 4 stars. However, since I started book 3 this morning.. I've come to the conclusion that everyone in this book is fucking annoying.

Faythe.. first off, I hate the way her name is spelled. Second, she's annoying. Third, she makes terrible fucking decisions and probably needs to be monitored at all times. Fourth, DID SHE REALLY THINK IT WAS OKAY TO LIE TO THE LOVE OF HER LIFE??? Fifth, obvi he isn't
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Nov 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Patricia Briggs Mercy Thompson series.
I have been more than pleased with this series--although I am only
2 books into it. I like the fact that Faythe seems to be embracing her
roots & her status as possible future leader of the Pride. I have enjoyed
watching her transformation from the whiny brat-like twenty something
who is in serious need of a reality check to the more mature leader
who is learning when to hold and when to fold...she hasn't perfected
the art of diplomacy, but she is working on it.

I thought the plot of this boo
AH
Apr 18, 2010 rated it liked it
3.5 stars, just because of the last part of the book

I wasn’t sure how to rate this book. I took a peek at my status updates and they were about the main character Faythe’s level of too-stupid-to-live moments. Now, don’t get me wrong. I don’t hate Faythe – she just drove me a little bonkers. I actually did like this character. She is snarky, she is strong, she is also a little vulnerable. I also enjoyed her thought processes, even though some of her decisions made me want to scream. Faythe’s self
Fangs for the Fantasy
May 25, 2016 rated it did not like it
There’s another serial killer targeting women. And this one isn’t focused on tabbies – but is completely focused on Faythe. She is paying a hard price for her limited freedom.

This book is pretty bad – but what makes it far worse is the epic awful misogyny of the first book that is carried on, brushed over and justified. It’s that last part which especially annoys me.

They constantly downplay how Faythe is treated (also can I say now that every time I have to type the abysmally spelled name “Fayth
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
Okay, so Faith has decided to stay on in the pack for a few years trial and seems to have given up on ever returning to college basically. Maybe it’s back in her mind somewhat but she seems to have shrugged off most inhibitions and objections that she held in the first book. It seems her father is training her to be an enforcer and eventual pack leader, which is unheard of for a tabby (female).

I’m still not crazy about her personality, but the story for this one rocks more than the first. She r
Jane
Apr 14, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, paranormal
Book one of this series dragged a bit for me, but the premise was interesting enough to have me pick up book 2. Rogue has tighter writing/plotting and I really enjoyed the book. If the protagonist, Faythe, is sometimes a bit too self-centered, I forgave it because it feels like the author is going to take her through an arc that will have her mature.

Other reviewers have not liked Faythe's response to Marc's (love interest) needs, and though I agree that she isn't giving him everything he says he
Buqet
Jun 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Gel pisi pisi ...
Konusundan bahsetmek gerekirse , Faythe'in başı yine belada ama bu belaları bilmeden de olsa kendi başına açıyor. Bizim Gururun şehrinde birileri serseri öldürüp , striptizci 'masum' kızları kaçırıyordur. Olaylar göz ardı edilemeyecek hale gelince Gururun Alfası ve Faythe'in babası Greg duruma el koyuyor. Bu katil ve kız kaçıran adamı bulmak için harekette geçiyorlar. Yalnız aradıkları kişi , aslında düşündükleri kişi değil. Hatta adam aslında adam bile değil.

Ben bu kitabı çok
Suz
Dec 20, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Cliff hanger type set up for next book. Series should be renamed Dysfunction Junction. Faythe is still too stupid to live and it's used as a plot pacing device. Any movement in EVERY relationship in the series is based on emotional dysfunction and drama. The only tension that was in this drab book was the emotional over reacting in the romance. Faythe once again made everything worse, and put everyone in more danger, because she prefers to avoid seeing or speaking about reality until she is forc ...more
Melissa **Just Really Loves Musicals**
*3.5 stars*

Not quite as fun or quick as the first book, despite being 200 pages shorter. But still a good sequel, developing the characters and story arc well. I will definitely be continuing with the series in the upcoming months.
MISS VAIN
Can I get a Marc for myself if Faythe doesn't want him??!! ;-)
Sophia
May 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
To be blunt from the start, I'm gonna tell you something. I have no clue whatsoever why I kept reading this and why I'm probably gonna start the 3rd one later on today.

Rogue was mediocre. I was honestly hoping and -while I shouldn't have- expecting it to be better than the first, and though it was by maybe 1 degree, I was once again let down.

Maybe it was my belief's fault, meaning that usually in Urban Fantasy books of this kind, if book one doesn't do it for me, the second one definitely will
Sharon Mariampillai
This was an enjoyable read. I thought the first book was better than this one, but I still think this series is really good. The story was action-packed, but a bit lacking as well. Faythe is a badass character. I thought Jace was great. Marc was alright in this book. I wish he did not whine about their relationship in the past a lot. The ending was great. I cannot wait to see what the rest of the series has in store for me. Overall, a great read.
Andrea
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018-read, trash
I'm fucking pissed. Faith has reverted. She was a whiny little four year old in this book. She also acted like a stupid idiot so many damn times! I am kind of starting to hate her.

The mystery of the book was intriguing but it took so damn long for Faith to put the pieces together and she deliberately withheld information from Mark and her father which was such a stupid fucking move on her part and I called it immediately. This series is really going downhill for me fast.

Also, Faith doesn't fuc
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good! Although Faythe and Marc are frustrating. Poor Marc. On to the next!
Esra
Apr 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Güzel bir kitaptı. yalnız okuyanların şunu iyi bir anlamasını isterim. Bu karakterler normal insanlar değiller! :D bunu neden mi söyledim. şu sebepten. okuduğum yorumlarda faythe (adıda bir acaip zaten) 'in marc ile olan ilişkisinde haklı çıkarılan taraf hep dişi kedimiz oluyor. Marc ve babası onu evliliğe zorluyor diye taşa tutulan hep onlar oluyor. Bu krakterler şekil değiştiren cinsinden. türlerinde dişilerde çok nadir bulunuyor ve hayatta kalma iç güdüsünün temeli olan üreme ile türü devam e ...more
Selin
Sep 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Okuduğum en iyi kitaplardan biriydi seride bariz bir gelişme var her şey seviyeli,espiriler beni gerçekten güldürtyor ve kitabı kaliteli yapan şey öyle büyük sözler kusursuz edebi bilgiler değil,yazarın son derece rahat ve gerçekçi yazmış olmasıydı,zorlama,kasma yoktu akıcılığı basitlikten değildi,profesyonelliği hissettim keşke böyle kitaplar daha çok olsa...
Baskıya ve çeviriye gelirsek;baskı iyiydi,elimi dolduran bir kitaptı sayfalar kalın ve kaliteliydi,kapak iyiydi ,orjinal olması da ayrı gü
Onur Birler
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Çok sevdim ben bu seriyi ya :D İlaç gibi geldi resmen :D
Natasha
Nov 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing

Rogue is the second installment in the Urban Fantasy Shifters series by Rachel Vincent. Once I read the first one in this series I immediately went out and bought the rest. I read the first three in 2 and a half days and loved each one more and more. I found the characters fun and exciting and always refreshing. And being a werewolf fan I was open to new suggestions and found werecats exciting and refreshing. I find in some series you can get a bit bored by some of the constant characters but i
LMM
Sep 25, 2009 rated it it was ok
Meh. This book pretty much bored me. I'd give it 2.5 stars. However, considering there aren't as many series about women Were's, Vincent is running an awfully similar parallel storyline (in some areas) as Kelley Armstong's, were series Bitten, Stolen etc. which is pretty lame.

Makes sense I didn't like it all that much. I had a hard time warming to Elena & the same thing is happening with Faythe. So if Elena was Vincent's model, which it sure seems like she was - than no wonder I feel lukewa
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
3.5 Stars

Faythe has been receiving mysterious phone calls from someone in her past, but it's something she can't deal with and certainly something she can't tell her boyfriend Marc. Especially as a bunch of missing strippers, strippers who look a lot like Faythe, seem to be missing and a sudden increase in murdered strays seems to be appearing, the only thing that seems to link them seems to be Faythe.

Since I started this series I have been told that it gets better as it goes on. It seems that
Deedee
I'm officially obsessed!!!! Like the action and drama in this and it totally makes up for the first. And Faythe is so hardheaded and badass at the sametime(but wouldn't you be,too?)

This story picks up three months after the first. And is packed with hard hitting parts. Things like the drama between Faythe and her boyfriend Marc. Her position in the pride. The murders of stray tomcats. Dealing with a jungle cat and a newly formed stray. And her still trying decide what she wants.

I don't how she
Ali
Dec 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Flying through this series like crazy! Sometimes Faythe's behavior gets on my nerves, but I still enjoy all the characters and the mystery plot.
Jamie
Nov 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
3 stars to the slow first half; 4 stars to the much better second half.

Rogue takes place a few months after the events of Stray. Faythe is settling in to her new role as the first ever female werecat enforcer. She is partnered with on-again, off-again love interest, Marc. Faythe has made some serious concessions since Stray: She's willing to stay at the Lazy S as long as she can train to be an enforcer, and she's freely admitting her love for Marc. The couple seems very happy at the beginning of
Shelley
Aug 02, 2010 rated it liked it
Faythe represents a rare and important minority in her species; a tabby, or female cat shifter. There are certain expectations of her within the Pride; she's expected to marry in order to reproduce children and be subjugated to the male dominated environment for which she exists. Her spouse will also represent the next Alpha, taking the place of her father.

Following events in Stray, she becomes the first ever female enforcer; an exclusive band of fighters that serve the Alpha and protect their P
  • On the Prowl (Tales of an Urban Werewolf, #2)
  • Embraced by Darkness (Riley Jenson Guardian #5)
  • Kitty and the Silver Bullet (Kitty Norville, #4)
  • Thin Air (Weather Warden, #6)
  • Another One Bites the Dust (Jaz Parks, #2)
  • Iron Crowned (Dark Swan, #3)
  • Witch Craft (Nocturne City #4)
  • Blood Drive (Anna Strong Chronicles, #2)
  • Diaries of an Urban Panther (Diaries of an Urban Panther #1)
  • Embrace the Night (Cassandra Palmer, #3)
  • In the Blood (The Maker's Song, #2)
[Note: Though Rachel's blog entries are cross posted here, she does not frequent Goodreads. The best ways to contact her are FB, Twitter, or her Wordpress blog. PLEASE DO NOT SEND HER MESSAGES HERE. SHE DOES NOT CHECK THEM.]

A resident of Oklahoma, Rachel Vincent has a BA in English and an overactive imagination, and consistently finds the latter to be more practical. She shares her workspace with

Shifters (6 books)
  • Stray (Shifters, #1)
  • Pride (Shifters, #3)
  • Prey (Shifters, #4)
  • Shift (Shifters, #5)
  • Alpha (Shifters, #6)
“Screw this. He’d blown his shot at nice-and-easy, which only left quick-and-brutal—my favorite way to play.” 184 likes
“I had no desire to hear another woman tell my boyfriend how hot he was. If I wanted him to know, I'd damn well tell him myself. ” 165 likes