~2014 Reading Challenge~ discussion

2011 Challenge Tracking > Lisa's List for 2011

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Lisa P (last edited Dec 12, 2011 07:41AM) (new)

Lisa P FEBRUARY 2011
12. The Matchmakers by Jennifer Colgan
This was a cute story...quick easy read...got it free on my Kindle.

I can't believe I only finished one book this month...next month will be better!

The Matchmakers by Jennifer Colgan

message 3: by Lisa P (last edited Dec 12, 2011 07:42AM) (new)

Lisa P MARCH 2011

13. Candle in the Darkness by Lynn Austin.
Great Historical Fiction taking place during the Civil War.

14. Darkness Dawns by Dianne Duvall
I really enjoyed this paranormal romance...however, it is the first in a series that hasn't been finished yet...I don't like waiting. I am trying to read all free kindle downloads this month...so far so good.

15. Murder a la Mode by G.A. McKevett

16. Out of Time by Monique Martin

17. How To Marry a Millionaire Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks

18. Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward

Candle in the Darkness (Refiners Fire #1) by Lynn Austin Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians, #1) by Dianne Duvall Murder a la Mode (Savannah Reid, #10) by G.A. McKevett Out of Time by Monique Martin How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1) by Kerrelyn Sparks Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9) by J.R. Ward

message 4: by Lisa P (last edited Dec 12, 2011 07:42AM) (new)

Lisa P APRIL 2011

19. Kiss of Midnight by Lara Adrian This one was just ok for me...I enjoyed it, but it was nothing special. I will probably eventually read the next in the series, to see how it goes.

20. Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts I really enjoyed the first half of this book (the descriptions of India's people and places was amazing)...the second half (of this 1000 page book), not so much.

21. Vamps and the City by Kerrelyn Sparks This book was not as good as the first in the series...hope the third one gets back on track.

22. Be Still My Vampire Heart by Kerrelyn Sparks I am reading these for a reading challenge (3 in a row froma series). I was desappointed in the last one, but this one redeemed itself...I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next in the series.

23. The Undead Next Door by Kerrelyn Sparks Not as good as the last one. Seems to be hit or miss with this series...not sure if I will continue.

Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts Vamps and the City (Love at Stake, #2) by Kerrelyn Sparks Be Still My Vampire Heart (Love at Stake, #3) by Kerrelyn Sparks The Undead Next Door (Love at Stake, #4) by Kerrelyn Sparks

message 5: by Lisa P (last edited Dec 12, 2011 07:43AM) (new)

Lisa P MAY 2011

24. All I Want for Christmas Is a Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks This was one of my favorites in the series so far.

25. When the Lion Feeds by Wilbur Smith I really enjoyed this historical fiction taking place in Africa...I must read more from this author.

26. Kiss and Tell by Cherry Adair Just OK.

All I Want for Christmas is a Vampire (Love at Stake, #5) by Kerrelyn Sparks When the Lion Feeds by Wilbur A. Smith Kiss and Tell (T-FLAC, #2) by Cherry Adair

message 6: by Lisa P (last edited Dec 12, 2011 07:43AM) (new)

Lisa P JUNE 2011

27. The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett Awesome book!!!

28. A Knight in Central Park by Theresa Ragan Free Kindle book...just so so for me.

29. Secret Life of a Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks Another good one in this series.

30. Napoleon's Pyramids by William Dietrich This one started out a little too heavy on the history for my taste...second half picked up with much more action...might read the next in the series.

The Pillars of the Earth (The Pillars of the Earth, #1) by Ken Follett A Knight in Central Park by Theresa Ragan Secret Life of a Vampire (Love at Stake, #6) by Kerrelyn Sparks Napoleon's Pyramids (Ethan Gage, #1) by William Dietrich

message 7: by Lisa P (last edited Dec 12, 2011 07:44AM) (new)

Lisa P JULY 2011

31. Stingray Bit My Nipple!: True Stories from Real Travelers by Erik Torkells A few of the stories were funny...not as hilarious as I thought it would be though.

32. Reflections in the Nile by J. Suzanne Frank Really enjoyed the time travel element to this one.

33. Daughters of Rome by Kate Quinn Looking forward to the second book in this series.

Stingray Bit My Nipple! True Stories from Real Travelers by Erik Torkells Reflections in the Nile (book 1) by J. Suzanne Frank Daughters of Rome by Kate Quinn

message 9: by Lisa P (last edited Dec 12, 2011 08:02AM) (new)

message 12: by Lisa P (last edited Jan 01, 2012 02:52PM) (new)