Terminalcoffee discussion

Group Info > Gail's (and Jim's) Kick-Ass TC Member Locator Map Thread...Is Heidi scary? Is Gail hungry?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 241 (241 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF...

Thanks, Gail! Click on this link for a global view of where some TC members are located. If we forgot you, don't cry, at this point we have over 900 members and I know we forgot a few regulars. Let us know.

Gail has represented her home country well...today, across the world, we tip our hat toward Sydney.

message 2: by Suefly (new)

Suefly | 620 comments Very cool!

message 3: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
Nice post! Nice thread!

Very nice. Gail, "cyborg" down under, we salute you.

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1107 comments Awesome!!! This is like uber fantastic! ~dances around~ I agree completely! Australia must be the best country in the world if you're in it.

~salutes~

message 5: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) Gail, you did a great job! Woohoo!

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 23, 2011 01:57PM) (new)

Thank you. I did have a lot of help from Jim. He's been working behind the scenes tidying up after me. He has also added quite a few people I missed.

Thank you so much Jim. ::hugs::

1. Please let me know if there is anyone who would like to be removed from the map. PM me if you would like it done discreetly.
2. If anyone is missing I apologies. It hasn't been deliberate, it was a big job setting it all up.
3. Jim has access to edit the map as well. If I'm not around he can edit it if you would like changes.
4. There are limited icons available. The map says you can create your own. I haven't been able get this to work, so if you have been given an icon that is a bit blah I am working on it.
5. ~ For those who need a little help zoom in and out with the - and the + sign use the arrows for left and right.
~ clicking on the icon reveals who lives there.
6. Hee, I really appreciate everyone’s enthusiasm for the map. It was totally unexpected. Thank you.

I notice that I located myself in Wollongong, I have to go and relocate. :)

message 7: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments Gail and Jim, what a sweet gift to TC! I'm sure it will be interesting for all you long-timers to look back on it and see who's still around, too.

message 8: by Sally, la reina (new)

Just an idea, can you get more icons from clip art somehow?

message 9: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7137 comments Oh I love being the favorite Iowan. WOW this is just so cool to see where all of you live.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Sally I have tried that. There is an option to add the url address for adding your own icons. I have tried serveral different things. So far I'be drawn a blank. I am obviously doing something wrong.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Who needs all those other skilled? I'm suitably impressed, especially as it comes with toasted marshmallows. Mmmmmm.

message 12: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Gail and Jim, thank you. The map is almost as awesome as its creator and her minion!

message 13: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Very fun! It's funny how there seem to be clusters of TCers in certain areas. Makes it feel a little bit closer all around. :)

message 14: by Michael (new)

Michael The map is fantastic! Thank you Gail and Jim.

message 15: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Perfect for stalking. Thanks, Gail!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I can take you off the map Gus if you are worried about stalkers.

message 17: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments too late! RA's got the locations programmed into his GPS

message 18: by Sarah (last edited Jan 24, 2011 12:40PM) (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Gail "cyborg" wrote: "I can take you off the map Gus if you are worried about stalkers."

And here I was planning on driving south til I passed the volcano in North Carolina and then going door to door til I found a walking reel to reel named Gus.

message 19: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I think Gus is less concerned about stalkers and more impressed that now he's been enabled to stalk. :)

I'm glad we have a Gail's map thread now. This is super!

message 20: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments gail put me in the wrong part of town so i'm not afraid of being stalked.

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I didn't notice the level of detail we could get down to. Either I'm riding my pony on the highway or I live in the Supermax prison.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope I put you in the seedy side of town Janine.

message 23: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments it's not really seedy, but there's a trailer park a few blocks away. there's a trailer park (for carnival people i think) around the corner from where i really live too, but that's not on the map.

i like my new tag line!

message 24: by Heidi (last edited Jan 24, 2011 03:19PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments WHOA! I just noticed that I'm smack dab in the middle of the hood... like the inspiration-for-HBO's-Gang-Bangin'-in-Little-Rock-documentary-kind-of-hood. Cool. Well, if I can survive the hood, then I can def. survive an apocalypse.

message 25: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments If you would like it all the way down to street addresses, let me know, but that seemed a little to much.

message 26: by Heidi (last edited Jan 24, 2011 01:33PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Jim wrote: "If you would like it all the way down to street addresses, let me know, but that seemed a little to much."

Nah. I like living in the hood. It makes me feel tough. \m/

message 27: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Heidi wrote: "Jim wrote: "If you would like it all the way down to street addresses, let me know, but that seemed a little to much."

Nah. I like living in the hood. It makes me feel tough. \m/"

Toughest Bear I know :-)

message 28: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Jim wrote: "If you would like it all the way down to street addresses, let me know, but that seemed a little to much."

Definitely too much. This is perfect, thank you.

message 29: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Jim wrote: "Toughest Bear I know :-) "

Damn skippy!

message 30: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Oh, and the Supermax will be the perfect place to prepare for the Terminator Apocalypse I'm supposed to survive.

message 31: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Hmm. Zooming in, it appears that I am living in Central Park. That last rent check must have bounced.

message 32: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7137 comments Poor baby. My brother works for Central Park, maybe he'll put a buck in your coffee cup.

message 33: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7137 comments I just figured out how to zoom in. I'm living on the new golf course. Better bundle up, no golfers will be out here for a couple more months.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Jonathan wrote: "Hmm. Zooming in, it appears that I am living in Central Park. That last rent check must have bounced."

I got moved to a better part of town. Upgrade!

message 35: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Cynthia wrote: "Poor baby. My brother works for Central Park, maybe he'll put a buck in your coffee cup."

Thanks, Cynthia. Every dollar helps.

Enjoy the golf course.

message 36: by Sally, la reina (new)

Oooo, I'm in a mobile home park way on the other end of town. Gus/RA will never find me now!

*cackles*

message 37: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments I got plopped in the middle of a pretty good mountain biking area. My home is actually about four miles due south. Nice guess.

message 38: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24357 comments Mod
I guess if my barge goes under, I can try to swim to South Haven, Michigan.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll change your icon to a boat, that should solve the problem.

message 40: by Sally, la reina (new)

AH< THAT CYBORg. Always ThinkinG.

message 41: by Brittomart (last edited Jan 24, 2011 03:59PM) (new)

Brittomart Are Mary and I in the same town?

who is Mary?

And gail put me actually on campus. Way to go, Gail!

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

RA should have no trouble finding you then.

message 43: by Heidi (last edited Jan 24, 2011 04:23PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Gail "cyborg" wrote: "RA should have no trouble finding you then."

Don't share your SSN with him, Britt! Next thing you know, he'll be impersonating you or committing credit card fraud...

message 44: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart I would love to see RA impersonate an overweight black girl from North Carolina.

message 45: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments Oh! I'm on the golf course, too! I can go sledding!

*waves to Cynthia*

message 46: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 24, 2011 08:37PM) (new)

Gee, I hope I'd better go and put Barb on a golf course. :P

Edit: I hope she likes the Idylwylde Golf & Country Club. The course looked more challenging than the Cedar Golf Club.

message 47: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7137 comments Hey Carol, is your bar/ snack shop open yet? Lotsa good sledding here, too.

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments Nice job on the map!

message 49: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Gail, that's spooky--I said Akron because nobody has ever heard of Cuyahoga Falls, and you put my icon in the town where I actually live. O.O

message 50: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Southern Fried Britt wrote: "I would love to see RA impersonate an overweight black girl from North Carolina."

I'd like to see him impersonate you, too... just not steal your identity. That's like something straight out of a credit card ad.

« previous 1 3 4 5