Young Adult Fiction for Adults discussion

I can't wait for [book] to be released!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jessie (new)

Jessie (jessiebz) | 10 comments So just name the new books that are coming out on 2011, that you just can't wait for!

Me..

- What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
- Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
- Undercurrent by Tricia Rayburn
- Illusions by Aprilynne Pike
- Queen of the Dead by Stacey Kade

message 2: by Wendy F (last edited Jan 21, 2011 08:09AM) (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) The Land of Painted Caves (Earth's Children, #6) by Jean M. Auel Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9) by J.R. Ward Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater Plague (Gone, #4) by Michael Grant City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11) by Charlaine Harris

Two that don't have covers yet that I can't wait for are Smokin' Seventeen, and The Son of Neptune

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton
Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead
Blood of Adoria by J.S Chancellor
Tempest by Becca Fitzpatrick
The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong
Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton

message 5: by Arphaxad (new)

Arphaxad | 335 comments For me:

River Marked (Mercedes Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggs City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare Defiance (Strange Angels, #4) by Lilith Saintcrow Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater Scorpia Rising (Alex Rider, #9) by Anthony Horowitz (Argh! Last Alex Rider book..)

Plus Clockwork Prince and Bitterblue, which don't have covers yet.

Oh, the anticipation! :D

message 6: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackie1301) | 75 comments Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles
City of Fallen Angels by Cassie Clare
Succubus Revealed by Richelle Meed
Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr
Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
Original Sin by Lisa Desrochers

message 7: by Arphaxad (new)

Arphaxad | 335 comments Oh yeah, I completely forgot about Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5) by Melissa Marr !

message 8: by Jessie (new)

Jessie (jessiebz) | 10 comments Wendy wrote: "The Land of Painted Caves (Earth's Children, #6) by Jean M. AuelLover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9) by J.R. WardForever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie StiefvaterPlague (Gone, #4) by Michael GrantCity of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare[bookcover:Dead Reckoni..."

omg! Which Black Dagger Brotherhood is that one? I stopped at Lover Enshrined. I promise I will catch up, hopefully before this one is released.

message 9: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 484 comments Wolfsbane (Nightshade, #2) by Andrea Cremer Deadly Little Voices twoCrossed Deadly Little Voices I wish was sooner because I finished the 3rd in the series in less then 4 hours when I was on the plane and I'm curious on how this series will end if this is even the last.

message 11: by Jen (last edited Jan 21, 2011 10:03AM) (new)

message 12: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Jessie wrote: "Wendy wrote: "The Land of Painted Caves (Earth's Children, #6) by Jean M. AuelLover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9) by J.R. WardForever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie StiefvaterPlague (Gone, #4) by Michael GrantCity of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare[bookcove..."

This one is about Payne and Manny. I'm don't think you've been introduced to Payne at that point. I think it isn't until the end of Lover Enshrined that she's mentioned.

Lover Enshrined was one of my least favorites, but definitely get through it because Rehv and John Matthew's books were good.

message 13: by Catie (new)

Catie (nematome) Pale Demon (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #9) by Kim Harrison & The Neon Graveyard (Signs of the Zodiac, #6) by Vicki Pettersson

Those are probably the only ones that I will purchase on the day that they come out.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

City Of Fallen Angels- Cassandra Clare... actually anything from her MI or ID series...
Forever- Maggie Steifvater
Original Sin- Lisa Desrochers
Tempest- Becca Fitzpatrick
Darkest Mercy- Melissa Marr

Thats all I can think of for now...

Stormi (BMReviewsohmy) (bmreviewsohmy) The Liar Society (The Liar Society, #1) by Lisa and Laura Roecker A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford Wolfsbane (Nightshade, #2) by Andrea Cremer Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare to name a few.

message 17: by Heidi (new)

Heidi The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta and The Peach Keeper A Novel by Sarah Addison Allen are the only two I can think of.

message 18: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Ooh! I forgot about The Pipers Son, I'll second that one.

Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) | 1328 comments Wendy wrote: "Ooh! I forgot about The Pipers Son, I'll second that one."

Wendy, how could you forget?

message 20: by Catie (new)

Catie (nematome) Stop rubbing it in Carmel!! Darn you and your proximity to Melina Marchetta. :D

message 21: by Catie (new)

Catie (nematome) Oh, I am also excited for Outside In (Inside Out, #2) by Maria V. Snyder . I probably won't be able to hold out until the featured author month for this one.

message 22: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Catie wrote: "Stop rubbing it in Carmel!! Darn you and your proximity to Melina Marchetta. :D"

Hahaha!

message 23: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Well, the only excuse I have is that I keep a list of series books that I read and when the new one is coming out (I'm a book list freak), and because I haven't read Saving Francesca yet and The Piper's Son isn't technically a series it didn't make it on that list that I was looking at... I hang my head in shame.

message 24: by Karen (new)

message 25: by Becca (new)

Becca | 1608 comments The Iron Queen
Bitterblue
Everfound so so so very excited about this one. I can hardly wait to see how this series wraps up.

message 26: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Bitterblue! I forgot about that one too.

message 27: by Becca (last edited Jan 22, 2011 06:54PM) (new)

Becca | 1608 comments I can't belive a cover hasn't been released for it yet. April 1st is the tentative release date. When do they typically release covers?

message 28: by Catie (new)

Catie (nematome) It makes me worried, like maybe it will be pushed back.

message 29: by Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) (last edited Jan 23, 2011 10:15AM) (new)

Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) | 1328 comments Wendy wrote: "Well, the only excuse I have is that I keep a list of series books that I read and when the new one is coming out (I'm a book list freak), and because I haven't read Saving Francesca yet and The Pi..."

Well, as long as you admit to this oversight. I guess we won't kick you out... this time. Maybe Carmel though since she's already read it.

Catie wrote: "It makes me worried, like maybe it will be pushed back."

I know!! It's been a while. Surely it's got to be sometime soon. I cannot wait for Bitterblue.

message 30: by Eden (last edited Jan 23, 2011 06:35AM) (new)

Eden (tsalagi_writer) | 135 comments I can't wait for Diana Wynne Jones new book Earwig and the Witch.

message 31: by Heidi (last edited Jan 23, 2011 08:18AM) (new)

Heidi I just saw Jaclyn Moriarty is writing a new series set in a partial fantasy world. She is already in a world of her own, so it should be fantaboulous!

message 32: by Traci (new)

Traci City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare Defiance (Strange Angels, #4) by Lilith Saintcrow Plague (Gone, #4) by Michael Grant Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder, #2) by Kimberly Derting

there's a few others I think.. but I'm having a mind blank

2011 seems like it's going to be a good year!

message 33: by Catie (new)

Catie (nematome) Jaclyn Moriarty + Fantasy = sounds awesome :)

message 34: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Catie wrote: "Jaclyn Moriarty + Fantasy = sounds awesome :)"

Agreed!

message 35: by Roshini (new)

Roshini | 243 comments Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman .

message 36: by Heidi (new)

Heidi That's how we roll Carmel.

message 37: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Tevy (angelswarriors) | 13 comments 'blue' just came out and it is getting rave reviews here on Goodreads. We have the author joining us tomorrow night on my internet radio show...please join us: My show, "Meet Lou Aronica" on "AngelsandWarriors" is airing 01/25/2011 on BlogTalkRadio. See the details and set a reminder at http://tobtr.com/s/1484072. RSVP to my facebook event:

message 38: by P. D. (new)

P. D. Griffith (gryff) | 1 comments Can't wait for this to come out! Became a fan of The Chronicles of Landon Wicker: The Search for Artemis and read the first chapter! This is link if you are interested ... might just be the next J.K. Rowling in the making :-)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Chr...

Brittany (UnderTheRadarBooks) Gosh there are so many books I am excited for. Here are a few off the top of my head! Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder, #2) by Kimberly Derting Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan Wither (Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano

message 40: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Tevy (angelswarriors) | 13 comments Just a reminder, Lou Aronica will be a guest on my radio show tomorrow www.blogtalkradio.com/angelsandwarriors

His newly released book 'blue' is getting rave reviews here on Goodreads...Please join us if you can.

Dawn Tevy
www.angelsandwarriors.org

message 41: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (closer2coma86) | 83 comments I can't wait for Wake Unto Me Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach by Lisa Cach.

Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) | 1328 comments Heidi I wrote: "That's how we roll Carmel."

Ha... look at us all united!!

message 43: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I can't wait for the next Patrick Ness book!

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

message 44: by Starry-Eyed Jen (new)

Starry-Eyed Jen (starryeyedjen) there are a ton of books i can't wait for, but here are a few off the top of my head:
Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare Passion (Fallen, #3) by Lauren Kate Blood Magic (The Blood Journals #1) by Tessa Gratton Divergent by Veronica Roth Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver

message 45: by Traci (new)

Traci Maureen Monlore wrote: "I can't wait for DAMNED by Chuck Palahniuk to be released!

Any Chuckie P. fans out there?"

Ouu I didn't know he was coming out with a new one already! This is exciting news. Running to Google it right now :p

message 46: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Wendy wrote: "I can't wait for the next Patrick Ness book!

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness"

Ohhhhh!

message 47: by Kourtni (new)

Kourtni (kourkyloo) | 602 comments Wendy wrote: "I can't wait for the next Patrick Ness book!

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness"

I am excited for this one too!

message 48: by Alicia (new)

Alicia I'm looking forward to The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) by Kelley Armstrong . Apparently it's set in British Columbia, which should be awesome - it's made me sad in the past that Kelley is such a great canadian author yet she sets almost all of her books in the US.

I will probably read Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman , although I'm not in a huge rush to get it the day it's released or anything.

I was lucky enough to get an advance of Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver , and I enjoyed it. Not my favourite dystopian ever, but Lauren Oliver writes beautifully. It's totally different from Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver , yet in some ways it seemed very similar... if that makes any sense, haha. Point being that those who like Before I Fall probably won't be disappointed by Delirium.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Andréa wrote: "City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra ClarePlague (Gone, #4) by Michael GrantDivergent by Veronica RothAngelfire (Angelfire, #1) by Courtney Allison MoultonA Touch Mortal by Leah CliffordDie for Me (Revenants, #1) by Amy Plum"

totally random question... but how do i put pix of book cover up? that is so cool

message 50: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments above the comment box is a link/button that says "add book/author" just click it and another window pops up. after you enter your search at the bottom of the window is a link or cover option - just select cover. It will not show up until you have posted the comment.

« previous 1