Start by marking “River Marked (Mercy Thompson, #6)” as Want to Read:
River Marked (Mercy Thompson, #6)

River Marked

(Mercy Thompson #6)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  68,010 Ratings  ·  3,382 Reviews
Mercy Thompson is a shapeshifter, a talent she inherited from her long-gone father. And she's never known any others of her kind. Until now. As Mercy comes to terms with this new information, an evil is stirring in the depths of the Columbia River. Something deadly is coming, facts are thin on the ground and Mercy feels ill at ease.
Published March 3rd 2011 by Orbit (first published March 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about River Marked, please sign up.
Ken Not sure that is the question I want answered. I want to know if Patricia will outlive me. I need a steady diet of her books until I kick off this…moreNot sure that is the question I want answered. I want to know if Patricia will outlive me. I need a steady diet of her books until I kick off this mortal coil.(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Rae Whitefeather That would be.... interesting.

Anzu The Great Destroyer
*edit 22 Dec 2011*

No? Too much? Nevermind…

YES! Finally a great book! Finally a use for the mysterious walking stick!! Oh such a wonderful day! What a wonderful life!

Love Mercy
Love Adam
Love Coyote
Love Fishy Thing Creature

It just might be the best in the series.

P.S. Chris Hemsworth is so hot.

P.P.S.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Still love ❤ ...more
Mandi Schreiner
Feb 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: uf
Favorite Quote: Adam didn’t approve of Walmart.

Note: This is a spoiler-free review!

I had not read any blurbs or spoilers for this book before I started it and let me tell you how surprised I was at the first few chapters in this one. Yes, it tells the big surprise on the inside of the jacket cover – but since I am posting this review before release date, I don’t feel comfortable talking about it. So I’m not going to talk a lot about the plot. But I will tell you this.

I read this series for two r
Maria V. Snyder
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Still loving this series! (view spoiler) Another fun and fast read!
Kat Kennedy
Sep 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
River Marked is a good book. There's not really any reason to think otherwise.

It follows on faithfully the tale of Mercedes Thompson through her marriage and honeymoon. Fans of the series might be very relieved that this book's mystery doesn't deal with fae, vampire or pack issues unlike previous books.

After a lovely wedding, Mercy and Adam head off on their romantic and sex fueled honeymoon. The book is very light on any sexual descriptions, possably causing a number of frustrated groans from f
♥Rachel♥
Re-read March 27th 2017

****
Spoilers if you haven't read the previous books.****

Adam and Mercy go on a luxury camping honeymoon, and trouble and excitement follow, because nothing can be simple or boring in Mercy's life. River monsters, psycho otters, other shifters and Coyote show up to make things interesting.

Love Adam and Mercy together! They are definitely a power couple.

Lorelei King's narration as usual was amazing!
Carol.
Nov 13, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Briggs fans
I consider this the Mercy installment written for the romance fans. When I first read it in 2011, I felt like the pacing was awkward but overall appreciated and enjoyed the story, particularly the exploration of Mercy's heritage. Re-reading confirms the overall issues with the series Silver Borne/series review but it remains an enjoyable installment.

It begins with Mercy rescuing a male friend from himself, followed by pre-wedding jitters, encouraged by Mercy's mom now including butterflies and b
Angela
February 2018 Reread. Buddy read with Sarah and Erica
February 2017 Re-read

January 2016 Re-read: Buddy read with Sarah.

Next to Iron Kissed, I think this is the most emotional book for me. We get a LOT more time with just Mercy and Adam. A lot more insight into Mercy's heritage. And a lot more emotion throughout it all. I became very quickly attached to characters we just met, and love Adam and Mercy even more than I ever have.

Original Review:
Mercy's going crazy. And it's not the fae, wolves, or
Anna
Patricia Briggs has this amazing ability to keep this series feeling fresh. Unlike other longer series (for example, the Sookie Stackhouse Mysteries) the plot lines never feel contrived or forced. River Marked is the epitome of Brigg's ability to tell a story that feels so real, despite the fantasy. When more is revealed about Mercy's background it seems authentic, not like Sookie's fairyblood, which seemed pulled out of Harris' ass. The new supernaturals fall flawlessly into their place in Brig ...more
Cece ❀Rants, Raves &Reviews❀
River Marked

Mercy is back, sassier than ever and with her classic ability to find trouble literarlly anywhere

“I start to think he hates me, and he does something nice, like save my life or give me a cool pep talk”
We meet some new enemies and allies, see old friends again~ all just a great big Tahitian love fest

description

I love how she thinks both saving her goddamn life and getting a pep talk are both nice things to do

“You quenched Lugh’s walking stick in the blood of an ancient Native American monst
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This wasn't my favorite book in the series but it was still a really good story. If you have been following my reviews you probably already know that I adore this series. I remember reading this book back when it was first released and enjoying it and I liked it just as much on this audio re-read. This is a series that I have made a point to keep up with and look forward to every installment. I had a lot of fun listening to the audio
Duchess Nicole
Wow, I feel like this series needed this book at this point. If you've been aching for some quality Adam/Mercy time, you get it in spades! Most of this story is just the two of them, along with a few new secondary characters. There is a lot of romance, and not the uber sexy kind. Just good old loving and bonding between a couple that has very little face time in their every day life. Due to the enormous responsibility of Adam's position in the pack...and therefore Mercy's as well...they get mini ...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
I discovered this series when I read this book and that was it!!! I knew I was going to love reading Mercy Thompson’s adventures!!! And I do love this series!!! I am totally addicted!!

River Marked is the 6th book in the series and it’s quite different to the previous novels as it’s mostly set away from Mercy’s home and a whole new set of characters are introduced, which gives us more information about Mercy’s heritage.

Mercy & Adam are now married and mated and set off on their honeymoon to a
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
4.5 STARS!!!

Even after five books, Briggs is able to keep the Mercy Thompson world fresh. I found that this book was very different from the others. It’s set in an entirely different place. No garage here, even though I kind of missed that. The Pack is set on the sidelines, while Mercy and Adam take centre stage and new characters are introduced. The newbies are very interesting because they are the first Native Americans we’ve encountered in this series apart from Mercy. River-Marked explores
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
There's an old proverb that goes something like, beware of what you wish for, for you may get it. So I wished (i.e., asked the publisher) for a copy of the upcoming Mercy Thompson book, Fire Touched. I got my wish, yay! And then I realized how many books are between book #5, where I was, and Fire Touched, book #9. Plus there's an Alpha and Omega book that, I've been reliably informed, absolutely needs to be read right after River Marked. So I'll be plowing through these books in the next few wee ...more
Choko
*** 4 ***

So once again I have to write something about a book in the Mercy Thompson world and I feel like anything I say would be redundant... I love the strongly influenced by the Native American culture of storytelling and mythology tale Patricia Briggs has gifted us with. I love the characters she has created and managed to enthrall us with. I love the creativity the world is build upon and the unobtrusive descriptiveness everything from the smallest action to the wildest character feature a
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Feb 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
As much as I've loved reading every book so far in this series, it is about time that we got something like this one.

The old Mercy and Adam are back at it again but with sweeter, more tender moments between them that will make you melt. And while most of the pack wasn't present in this, it was okay because for once, this book is all about Mercy. Her heritage, her (finally) feeling like she belongs somewhere, and of course, her relationship with Adam and I couldn't of asked for more.

We got so mu
Bj
4 "Who is Mercy Thompson?" Stars for the story and 5 Stars for the narration!

Six books into the series and the Mercy Thompson Series is still holding strong as one of my favorite PNR/UF romance series of all time. All that said, this wasn't my favorite book in the series. To me, this book almost read as a stand-alone with a somewhat different focus than the prior books in the series. In that regard, the main driver of the plot in this book was discovering Mercy's previously alluded to, but yet
TJ
Jul 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5.0

*warning* a huge torrent of gushing admiration about to commence...

I now understand people who are so blinded by their love of an author, they truly believe they can write no wrong (listen closely Lisa Kleypas fans) The eye rolling is over, I am officially capitulating and stand repentant... I am now one of you - with Patricia Briggs. I love everything about the way she writes. Her Mercedes Thompson series is humorous, suspenseful, touching, warm, scary, inventive, romantic - everything,
Angela James
Okay, I finished this last night and I'm not going to do any type of in-depth review, but I wanted to get a few thoughts down. I think people will either love this book or feel a bit meh about it. The book is very much about two things: Adam and Mercy's relationship and Mercy's...biological roots. I think that the outside conflict of the "big bad" is instead used to support the development of those two stories, rather than being the driving force of the book. I enjoyed this.

This book contains a
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
I don't understand why so many people liked this book so much less than the others. It's my absolute favorite so far. I love, love, LOVED it. I've always loved Native American Folklore though. But that's just me.
samantha  (books-are-my-life20)
I never get tired of this series!!! i love patricia briggs. She is a very good writer. I can't wait to start the next book!!! 5 stars!!!
Lisa Kay
[image error]

★★★★☆ (This is a review of the audiobook.) This sixth installment of Mercy Thompson’s series is very well narrated by Lorelei King. Ms. King certainly has cemented her voice as Mercy’s in my brain and she delivers nicely for this first person narrative. Love her Italian accent for Stefan (a vampire), who features in the opening scenes of this volume. It has kind of a “I want to drink your blood…” cadence to it, but Ms. King totally
Dru Spiller
May 17, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: wishlist
I LOVE the Mercedes Thompson series!!!!!!!!! okay, so now that that's out of the way. Mrs. Briggs....you best bring my boy Stephan and his mystery machine back. or we gonna have a few issues.

*************************** after reading *******************************************
STEFAN WAS BACK! not in a way i expected but yes he was indeed back. Thank you Ms. Briggs. This book was pretty good, I felt you could see more of Mercy and Adams relationship develop and how they've grown, and how Mercy has
Christine
Jul 29, 2010 rated it liked it
Woo-hoo!!! Bring on a new Mercy, I can't wait :) :) :) :)
Laura the Highland Hussy
I really enjoyed this latest Mercy Thompson book.

I think that watching Adam and Mercy get married and have a honeymoon was great fun, especially since we all know Mercy can't go 5 minutes without a new enemy.

This time, the Fae are involved in their honeymoon plans, which can come to no good. But we get (for the first time) a bit of her Native American heritage here.

We learn about Mercy's father. We also see a lot of Coyote, the Coyote.

In this book, Mercy is up against an ancient river monster a
Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead

I'm sorry, this is going to come across as completely selfish but so be it, I didn't care what happened to anyone in this book EXCEPT Mercy & Adam. Saying that, the first 2/3 of the book involved a story I didn't care for with a group of people I cared less about. Yeah, I know, I'm a bitch. But I want Mercy and Adam, and I want them with the pack. So sue me, I'm selfish.
Lady Allison
She always has amazing covers, I can't wait!
Emma
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
In longer urban fantasy series, a road trip is often involved, taking the characters away on a quest and away from their usual world. This one focuses mainly on Mercy and Adam. We delve more into Mercy’s heritage and the world of walkers. I adore Mercy and Adam as a couple but I found I missed some of the usual players. I feel happy for Mercy to have immersed herself in Native American magic as up til now she hasn’t had much information to work with.
Next!
Shera (Book Whispers)
Most excellent! Going into River Marked I was very nervous. Especially when the wedding gets sped up and things happen lightening fast. A lot of fans won't agree with me, but at this point Mercy and Adam haven't gotten a lot of page time together. Most importantly when the stuff is going down Adam is always somewhere else, out of order, or something so that Mercy can save the day by herself.

Thankfully River Mark is the book where Mercy and Adam really get to interact. A lot of people have told
  • Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2)
  • Blood Cross (Jane Yellowrock, #2)
  • Magic Bleeds - Awake (Curran POV #9)
  • One Salt Sea (October Daye, #5)
  • Night Season (World of the Lupi, #4)
  • Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin, #4)
  • Kitty Goes to Washington (Kitty Norville, #2)

Patricia Briggs was born in Butte, Montana to a children’s librarian who passed on to her kids a love of reading and books. Patricia grew up reading fairy tales and books about horses, and later developed an interest in folklore and history. When she decided to write a book of her own, a fantasy book seemed a na

Mercy Thompson (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1)
  • Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2)
  • Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, #3)
  • Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4)
  • Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, #5)
  • Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7)
  • Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8)
  • Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9)
  • Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson, #10)
  • Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)
“Nothing says you're sorry like a dead bunny.” 295 likes