YA Apocalyptic and Dystopian Fiction discussion

Archived > What are you reading right now?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,674 (1674 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 33 34

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Tell us what you're reading and how you're liking it!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

So I'm reading
Obernewtyn (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #1) by Isobelle Carmody
its a bit hard to get into. Anyone else read It?

message 3: by Cat (new)

Cat (bonnie21) | 2 comments Uglies but just started that last night so I can't tell you what I think of it yet. I just finished Matched, it was ok could have been better but I will be reading the follow up to it whenever that is out so it can't have been that bad.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Dang I really need to read the Uglies. I think I'll read it next! I was a bit disappointed in Matched too Cat! It was good, but there was so much hype about it before it came out that I thought it would be a lot better! I'll probably read the sequel too though haha.

message 5: by Aubrey (new)

Aubrey (aubrey0199) I heard that a lot of people were disappointed in Matched...that's probably why I keep putting off reading it.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Well it was good but it could have been a lot better. I have higher hopes for the next one.

If you read it Aubrey, let us know what you think! :)

message 7: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Wright I just finished Matched, and I really, really enjoyed it. I'm a little frustrated that I have to wait until November for the sequel....

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

That's great that you liked it! Ugh...waiting for sequels sucks!!

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 22, 2011 03:52PM) (new)

So at the moment, I'm almost done reading:
Ship Breaker (Ship Breaker, #1) by Paolo Bacigalupi
anyone heard of it? It's pretty interesting, and the action is great.

message 10: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicole_sheree) | 34 comments I just started I Witch by Erin Munday , to early to tell whether or not I'll like it. It is a fairly short read for me, less than 300 pgs(ebook), so I will either drop it, or finish it after I get through the first 50 pages or so.
Has anyone else read it?

message 11: by Nyimah (new)

Nyimah I just finished Ascend by Amanda Hocking. Thought it was really good. For some reason I can always finish her books in 1 to 2 days.

message 12: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicole_sheree) | 34 comments Nyimah wrote: "I just finished Ascend by Amanda Hocking. Thought it was really good. For some reason I can always finish her books in 1 to 2 days."

I can relate. It took me two days to read each one of her books, they're jsut really easy reads.

message 13: by Nichola (new)

Nichola | 28 comments I'm finishing up Switched by Amanda Hocking today.

*Suzy (ereaderuser)* (suzyereaderuser) I started a new one last night. Allison Hewitt is Trapped: A Zombie Novel
Its really good!!!

Allison Hewitt Is Trapped A Zombie Novel by Madeleine Roux

*Suzy (ereaderuser)* (suzyereaderuser) @Amy
I was wondering if as we post books we are reading if you could then add them to the group's bookshelf? That way we wouldn't have to sort through tons of individual posts later to find good book suggestions.

message 16: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 23, 2011 01:14PM) (new)

Fersure! You can add them too! :) But only PA and Dystopian books on the bookshelf, we can start other discussions for off-topic books.

message 17: by Tish (new)

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow, you're powering through that series! I've added them to my TBR pile!

message 19: by Tish (last edited Jan 23, 2011 01:33PM) (new)

Tish (paradiseisalibrary) | 33 comments lol Yeah just 5 more to go... I'll probably finish this 5th one tonight haha

message 20: by Tish (new)

Tish (paradiseisalibrary) | 33 comments Heh Onto The Siege of Macindaw now. :)

message 21: by Tish (new)

Tish (paradiseisalibrary) | 33 comments And finished with the 6th book. Just 4 more to go. haha

message 22: by Katie (new)

Katie I am currently reading Incarceron by Catherine Fischer. I am really liking this book so far and having trouble putting it down! :)

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

OOoo! I liked that one! I have yet to read Sapphique, but Incarceron was awesome! :)

message 24: by Katie (last edited Jan 25, 2011 05:00AM) (new)

Katie I just finished Incarceron and want to read Sapphique but it's not available on the Kindle!!! Ugh! Any suggestions for my next read?

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

What?! That's so lame! I'm waiting for Unearthly to become available for the Nook. Ugh, waits are agonizing!

I loved Birthmarked and Across the Universe, they're both amazing. But if you haven't, you can read The Maze Runner. That's our read for next month, and it's a really awesome book! :)

message 26: by Katie (new)

Katie Thanks for the suggestions! I will check them out and let you know what I think. I'll probably start with The Maze Runner if that's the book for next month. I really like this group! :)

message 27: by Tish (new)

Tish (paradiseisalibrary) | 33 comments Yeah I'm super annoyed that Sapphique isn't available on Kindle. Especially since I'm pretty certain it was available at one time because I added it to my Kindle books wishlist. I keep checking back and hoping. I'm guessing maybe they ended up having to remove it to maybe do some edits. I don't know... All I know is I want that book. May have to just go out and buy it.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't know if the Kindle is like the Nook, but I know that Nook books depend on the publisher. That's why Unearthly hasn't been released yet for the Nook. Jeez, why can't they just make all books available in ebook format? Ugh!

Oh, and just to let everyone know, Drought by Pam Bachorz comes out today. It looks pretty good. I might start it in a couple days...haha depends on what else comes out today.

message 29: by Tish (new)

Tish (paradiseisalibrary) | 33 comments Yeah Kindle is the same way. It depends on the publisher. Which is why I think maybe they found some issues with the Kindle versoin and had to fix them. I work for Amazon so I spend a lot of time on the Amazon website and I promise it was on Kindle at one point and they removed it. lol

*Suzy (ereaderuser)* (suzyereaderuser) For everyone with Nooks...I keep a list of books I want that aren't yet available for the Nook. Each time I'm on the B&N website, I go to the books and click that I want them to notify the publisher to release them in Nookbook format. It really doesn't take that long and I've already had at least one book become available after I started doing this. So I'm guessing there must be alot of us out there doing this.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I do that constantly, but it doesn't seem to help! Ugh, it's annoying! I've been trying for Unearthly for weeks and it doesn't seem to be doing anything. A couple more from the same publisher coming out soon are Delirium (which is dystopian) and Angelfire. Neither are available for the Nook as of right now. Lame!

*Suzy (ereaderuser)* (suzyereaderuser) I have Angelfire on my TBR list. I'm not giving up hope! LOL!

message 33: by Tish (new)

Tish (paradiseisalibrary) | 33 comments So right now I'm reading Lyonesse: Suldrun's Garden. I haven't gotten the 7th book of The Ranger's Apprentice because it's 14 bucks on Kindle and 10 for hardback... So I'll probably just order the hardcover and save myself the 4 bucks since I get free two day shipping on Amazon. None of the other Ranger books ask so much for the Kindle version and they're certainly never more for Kindle than for a physical copy. Though for the moment I'll just read other stuff lol

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmm...that's weird, I've never heard of such an expensive ebook! That totally sucks!

I'm reading The False Princess. It is pretty good so far!

message 35: by Tish (new)

Tish (paradiseisalibrary) | 33 comments Yeah it's super strange. I'm baffled. Kindle books are always cheaper. Plus the 7th book is 14.99 and yet books 8, 9, and 10 are only 10.99 on kindle.

message 36: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Turner (ladybugt15) | 32 comments Well I'm reading Succubus blues by Richelle Mead. I'm not finished yet but it won't be long. I can't seem to put it down.....lol

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Richelle Mead, but I haven't read that series. I might give it a try sometime soon though :) It sounds pretty good.

Well, Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver came out today, and that's what I'm reading. Really enjoying it so far!

message 38: by Laura (new)

Laura | 70 comments Cat wrote: "Uglies but just started that last night so I can't tell you what I think of it yet. I just finished Matched, it was ok could have been better but I will be reading the follow up to it whenever tha..."
I agree about Matched! I was really looking forward to it and it was very different to what I expected. Perhaps it will pick up in book two?

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope it will pick up in book two, because Matched was a huge let down. Did you hear that she got a seven figure paycheck for that book? That's why I was expecting so much. Book two better be good!

message 40: by Nichola (new)

Nichola | 28 comments I have Matched but didn't start it yet. Is it really the bad?

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

No, no! It's not bad. It just wasn't as good as it could have been. I gave it four stars. If you read it, you'll have to share your thoughts! :)

message 42: by Laura (new)

Laura | 70 comments Seven figure? Pfft. I gave it four stars too. It's not bad - just different to how I imagined.

message 43: by Shakira (new)

Shakira Laufer (shiver623) | 28 comments I am currently reading Life as We Knew it. It's a little bit hard to get into it at first, but once you get about two or three chapters in, it gets pretty interesting. Not too much action, but you can relate to the characters.

message 44: by Nichola (last edited Feb 03, 2011 02:58PM) (new)

Nichola | 28 comments I have that in my library too, can't wait to read it. I will be putting an epub list together for everyone to take a look at.
How can I put the links or book covers into my post?

message 45: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicole_sheree) | 34 comments Nichola wrote: "I have that in my library too, can't wait to read it. I will be putting an epub list together for everyone to take a look at.
How can I put the links or book covers into my post?"

You click on the add book/author link right above the comment box, then search the title or author you want the click add.

If that is what you meant.

message 46: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicole_sheree) | 34 comments I'm reading The Watchers which is book three in the series, which I'm not sure if it ends with the four novella(which I haven't found yet if its out). And they so far are all really quick reads.

And I just purchased The Maze Runner and will be starting it tonight and can't wait to get into in!

message 47: by Nichola (new)

Nichola | 28 comments Thanks Nicole, I never noticed it before.

message 48: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicole_sheree) | 34 comments Nichola wrote: "Thanks Nicole, I never noticed it before."

lol no problem :) happy to help!

message 49: by Shakira (new)

Shakira Laufer (shiver623) | 28 comments Nicole wrote: "I'm reading The Watchers which is book three in the series, which I'm not sure if it ends with the four novella(which I haven't found yet if its out). And they so far are all really..."

The Maze Runner was SUCH and amazing book! You will love it. Oh and the next book in the trilogy, The Scorch Trials is great too...but quite the cliffhanger...

message 50: by Shakira (new)

Shakira Laufer (shiver623) | 28 comments Try reading Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood it's certainly very interesting... It's well written, if not a little bit unorthodox, but it wasn't a bad read.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 33 34