Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Recommendation?!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ghadah (new)

Ghadah (geishka) I fell in love with Nalini Singh and Jeaniene Frost

paranormal series and no matter how much I read other series, I can't seem to find something with the same gripping story plot, dialogue and attractive main characters that guild hunter, psy-changeling and night huntress series have.

So does anyone know something similar? or something better?

I almost read every paranormal series there is or atleast started reading and wasn't able to complete 'em

so please if you have any suggestions do tell.

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  (splue) | 11 comments I really enjoyed Rachelle Mead's two adult series and even her YA series Vampire Academy thats the first book. Her other series are classifed as "Urban Fantasy" but they have tons of juicy parts like jeaniene and Nalini's books.

The one series is The Georgina Kincaid series Succubus Blues thats the first book if I do recall

And the other one is The dark Swan Series (this one was my fav, well they both are)
Storm Born and Thorn Queen the third book comes out in march.

Hope you enjoy!

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) Have you tried Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward...that's a favorite among myself and many others.

Immortals After Dark by Kresley Cole

Lords of the Underworld-Gena Showalter

Kate Daniels series is also another good one. Kate reminds me a little of Cat from Night Huntress series.

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganannaz) | 21 comments I love Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan Series. She is not as slick as Cat is from Jeaniene Frost series, but she is hilarious. I also love the Chicagoland Vampire series by Chloe Neil. Merit is a strong woman character and Ethan is her mentor- much like the Cat and Bones relationship.

Immortals after Dark and Blackdagger Brotherhood both have a similar idea of a group of characters that each book explores so if that is something you liked about the Nalini Singh series I think you would like either of those series as well.

message 5: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments Richelle Mead's books are all great :)

message 6: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 9 comments I definitely second suggestions for the Black Dagger Brotherhood and the Lords of the underworld. I am on my last Lords of the underworld book and am loath to finish and wait until March for the next installment.

message 7: by Rafaela (new)

Rafaela (rafahta) | 60 comments I really like Richelle Mead's books as well.

One book that is really good and it remindes me of Guild Hunter is Queen of Shadows by Dianne Sylvan. The only bad thing is that there's only one book to the series so far, and the second one doesn't come out for another six months.

message 8: by LibraryLass (new)

LibraryLass | 81 comments Patricia Briggs' Mercedes Thompson & Alpha and Omega series are fantastic - I get as excited about one of her new books as I do JF and NS.

message 9: by Ghadah (new)

Ghadah (geishka) Hey
Thank you guys so much

I have read all the suggestions before, BDB was a really good series as with Richelle mead's series however lords of the underworld wasn't to my liking...Patricia Brigg's series are good although not as steamy as the other novels...I'll take a look at the Queen of Shadows since I 've never heard about it before.
Thanks again

message 10: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments Hey, Ghadah, have you tried Ilona Andrews' Kate Daniels series? You might like that one. The first book is Magic Bites. The romance is a little more subtle at first than the other series you mentioned, but the tension culminates, don't worry. ;)

message 11: by Kat (new)

Kat | 12 comments Try the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning :)

message 12: by Ghadah (new)

Ghadah (geishka) Hello

thanks for the suggestions! I've read both series they were good but the chemistry wasn't so strong...however thanks again!

message 13: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (cait1204) | 54 comments I second the Kate Daniels Series. I struggled to get through the first book, as the reader was thrust into a unique and somewhat confusing world, but you won't be dissapointed with Kate and Curran.

Another series I highly recommend is the Shifter series by Rachel Vincent.

message 14: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
Ghadah--if you haven't read Monig's Fever series yet--hold off until like Jan. 10th or so to start it. The last book in the series is due out on the 18th (who's counting down? Not ME!!) and the woman is a terror with her cliff-hanger endings. That way you won't be joining the rest of us long-timers in gnawing your fingernails off down to the elbow trying to figure out what is going to happen next.

Also, a much older series that is straight UF is Tanya Huff's Victoria Nelson series and Tony Foster series. Read the Nelson books first. Blood Price is book one. Tony starts as a secondary character in this series before getting his own series which starts after the end of Vickie's series.

If you are in the mood for something lighter, there is also her Keepers series. Summon the Keeper is book one of the series.

Oh--and Huff tends to do smaller series--3, 4, 5 books in the series.