YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

Single Books > Matched by Ally Condie

Comments Showing 1-50 of 135 (135 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
Matched (Matched #1)

goodreads summary- Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments I read it as soon as it came out! Man...

message 3: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

lol was it good???

message 4: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) This book looks really good.

message 5: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

i know right i am sooo stoked!!

message 6: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I'm not giving in and buying it yet though I have too many others to get through.

message 7: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

same here i am waiting till january!! so excited!!!

message 8: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Same! And hopefully get Unearthly too.

message 9: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

right!! have you gone to netgalley.com ??? you can request a free ARC there

message 10: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

for Unearthly that is

message 11: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Oh, really? Awesome.

message 12: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Dec 14, 2010 10:48PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I liked Matched but got sucked into the hype of having people that I know read it way back when it was going out as the ARC hardcover, and so I was overexcited and went into it expecting more. It was still a great read, but some parts did drag a little bit I thought.

The series is going to be great though. I can feel it. I bet book 2 is even better.

message 13: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

i soooo cant wait to read this i have been having to hold myself back from reading it!!!

message 14: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments It's really good, but I do think that the best part was at the end. That's where it really picked up for me. But I can't wait for book two now!!!

message 15: by Akanksha (new)

Akanksha  Singh (akankshasingh92) | 95 comments It was great!!! Can't wait for the next book!

message 16: by Michele (new)

Michele I've got Matched sitting here but I'll be reading
Misguided Angel (Blue Bloods, #5) by Melissa de la Cruz
first *yay*
Then Matched, hope it's as good as everyone says : D

message 17: by Ashalyn (new)

Ashalyn | 4 comments Read it not a big fan

message 18: by Tessa Quin (new)

Tessa Quin | 5 comments I had lowered my expectations because I'd read some mixed reviews on Matched. I ended up loving it. Can't wait for the next book!

message 19: by Maritza (new)

Maritza | 169 comments there's a sequel?????

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) The sequel will be out next year sometime. There's no confirmed date yet.

message 21: by Maritza (new)

Maritza | 169 comments Y must there be many sequels... Nd thx !

message 22: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 914 comments IKR!!!! Geeze! Here I thought that I was buying a "single" book! But I will start reading it on the first!

message 23: by Maritza (new)

Maritza | 169 comments Lol it's very frustrating

message 24: by Tessa Quin (new)

Tessa Quin | 5 comments I believe it's a trilogy.

message 25: by Michele (new)

Michele Yeah it kinda gets a bit like watching a dozen movies but only half way through, really hard to wait with good series but I still like books better

Rachael (pagesofpiper) (piperbunny) My copy is on it's way :)

message 27: by Maritza (new)

Maritza | 169 comments Tessa wrote: "I believe it's a trilogy."

Really?

message 28: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

dude i got this for christmas an i am sooooooo stoked to read it!!

message 29: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments I know Artemis... I was so excited that I couldn't stand to wait & just went ahead & read mine. lol You have more self control than I do!

message 30: by Michele (new)

Michele I had it staring at me sitting in the corner for 2 weeks before my will power caved. So yeah I read it too, but won't say a word until everyone else has read it.

message 31: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments Michele wrote: "I had it staring at me sitting in the corner for 2 weeks before my will power caved. So yeah I read it too, but won't say a word until everyone else has read it."

I'm trying to behave as well Michele!

message 32: by Michele (new)

Michele Catherine wrote: "Michele wrote: "I had it staring at me sitting in the corner for 2 weeks before my will power caved. So yeah I read it too, but won't say a word until everyone else has read it."

I'm trying to beh..."

: ) : +

message 33: by Maritza (new)

Maritza | 169 comments I got matched today!

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) I just started reading it a few hours ago and I'm seriously almost finished. I am SO effing hooked! Cassia is kinda weak minded, but I have high hopes for her.

message 35: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Going to start reading soon Thanks to @Meghannn (:

*Mrs. Brightside* I have this book. Now that January is here, I can finally start!

message 37: by Isamlq (new)

Isamlq here's a cool book trailer... :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaeNWL...

message 38: by Tessa Quin (new)

Tessa Quin | 5 comments Maritza wrote: "I got matched today!"

Hope it was a good match ;)

message 39: by Maritza (new)

Maritza | 169 comments Haha

message 40: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 914 comments Tessa wrote: "Maritza wrote: "I got matched today!"

Hope it was a good match ;)"

HAHA!!! That's great!

Read it yesterday! Can't wait to start discussing it with everyone!

message 41: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 20 comments I read it after it came out i was not sure what to expect but i can say WOW i cant wait for the next book. Anyone want to discuss the book/story?

message 42: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I didn't like it very much. It was just okay.

message 43: by Michele (new)

Michele It was an effort to finish reading it. It was just really boring for the majority, the few parts I did like about it didn't outweigh the rest.
I didn't hate it, I just wish I hadn't wasted my money on buying it, for a relatively thick book bugger all happened. It was a sweet and innocent book with some beautiful bits. The characters were so dull, the only one I liked was Ky and it seems like he's set up to be the always unfortunate one.
I tried to like it more because the sentimentality and the poetry. This book was definitely not what I expected it to be from reading the GR review. Bummer!

message 44: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Michele wrote: "It was an effort to finish reading it. It was just really boring for the majority, the few parts I did like about it didn't outweigh the rest.
I didn't hate it, I just wish I hadn't wasted my money..."

My thoughts exactly.

message 45: by Lis (new)

Lis (lovelyshadowgirl) | 33 comments I love this book.I won an ARC and read it quickly.It was well paced and I actually enjoyed it:)

message 46: by Maritza (new)

Maritza | 169 comments Ima read it tomorrow

message 47: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments It did go by really fast. I just feel like it was just starting to pick up (story wise) at the end... So I'm thinking the second book is going to be really really good. I loved the characters too!

message 48: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 914 comments I agree with you, Catherine. I just hope that the second book is better. I did find it interesting how our societies might actually end up with that kind of outcome. The futuristic part.

message 49: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments It was definitely a good idea... A good story. The execution was just a little off.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) The first half really did drag for me, but at least the ending showed that the series has potential. I'll read on just to see if it picks up.

« previous 1 3

YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Misguided Angel (other topics)