This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

You know what I DON'T hate?

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Being all alone in my house. So fucking nice.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Oddrun, that picture is cute!!!

I like being home alone, too. It was supposed to snow all night! This is BULLSHI!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too. I like when it snows all the time, though. Because it never does!!!

Kristina lives in an area that got all snow blasty last night. We're not that far apart!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! We got canceled. I don't know how. I see no evidence of snowfall. Whoo!! Home alone all day. I'm going to read about a bajillion recipes for vegetarian stuffing online. Unless any of you have any suggestions?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I can also modify great non-vegetarian stuffing recipes.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

What are you doing with your home all day time, Gretchen?

message 7: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 653 comments Montambeau, I get to stay home from work because it's icy in Troutdale! It's not super blasty here anymore though... there's some weird hail/snow on the ground and it's really icy on the roads.

Here's a stupid story from this morning:
After I heard from my boss that I should turn around and go home (very nice, would have been nicer at 7:00a), I zipped into a neighborhood street and thought i should totally smoke a morning cigarette. I lit that puppy and went to roll down my window. No go... frozen shut. Now I smell like the M&M (reference for Montambeau).

I am going to knit and read today. AWESOME!!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes! The M&M!

Suddenly I want a Bloody Mary.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Suddenly I feel guilty that I get a snow day and Josh doesn't. I hate that! I'll have to do something nice for him so I can enjoy it.

message 10: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 653 comments Oddrun wrote: "nothing shuts down in norway, come snow, ice and rain. It would be nice if it happened, though."

You should move to Oregon... we shut down for everything, including the THREAT of ice/snow. It's great here!!

message 11: by smetchie (last edited Nov 23, 2010 08:47AM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Montambeau wrote: "What are you doing with your home all day time, Gretchen?"

I'm not staying home all day. I'd like to but I've got shit to do. I did some cleaning and some laundry. (a rather half-assed job of both.) Now I'm headed out to have my eyebrows threaded and get a pedicure with a girlfriend. Then some shopping: thanksgiving, birthday, and regular household. My mom is coming tonight so I've got to get ready for that. My daughters birthday is tomorrow so I have to get a couple last-minute things for that, too. But the few hours I had home all alone were fucking lovely.

message 12: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments It hasn't snowed OR gotten cold yet here this year. Weird.

message 13: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell I've got to be at my new house today between 3pm and 7pm to wait for a bed to be delivered. There's no T.V. and no computer there.

message 14: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I don't hate my pretty new car.

But I dreamed that my husband went out and bought one of those super expensive minivans and we couldn't afford the payments and I was mad.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Is there a chair? You can read!

How's your new place? Is it far from your old place? Are you glad you moved?

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments what the fuck!!!! hit me on the ps3 network greatchen!

message 17: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell It's about a quarter of a mile from my old place. So it's basically the same neighborhood. I can't yet say if I'm glad I moved. I know I'll be glad to not have to deal with my current landlady.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I dreamed that my boyfriend was kissing this girl who we both think is a horrible person*. He didn't want to, but was doing it, anyway, for reasons too long and drawn out to explain. I couldn't go back and break it up because there were babies sleeping right next to a large hole in the floor and I was afraid they'd fall in.

I told him the dream and he said I was mean! I said, "I'm not mean! I can't help what I dream!" and he said that I didn't have to tell him.

*She once said that she would blend all babies if she could.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope you like it there, Dave.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments hi Oddrun!!!! what's good?

message 21: by Erika (new)

Erika | 202 comments Montambeau I saw a stuffing recipe with cornbread, leeks and fennel that looked good. Have you found a good recipe yet?

Meatheads! Hah!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I have not. I love fennel, though. Was that recipe online?

message 23: by Erika (new)

Erika | 202 comments I eat a lot of raw fennel but I've never had it cooked in anything. Well I had it once by itself roasted and it was really good. Yep it was online but I don't remember where... I'll go look.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

This is what I love!

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/c...

You don't have to cook to make it, the jalapenos are awesome in it and it's so gorgeous!

message 25: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Meeeee toooo. I didn't make it last year and no one asked for it this year either. But I might just make it anyway for myself. I end up just eating it by the bowlful for breakfast or whatever anyway.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Really? Did we talk about it, before? It's so good. I used to put the leftovers on baked fish.

message 27: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Hi lurker. I don't like to eat it with dinner, really.

I don't think we talked about it before, Sarah. I don't put onion and peppers in mine. I put the leftovers on yogurt or mix with whipped cream or I just eat it by the bowlful.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Teresa, do you hate all cranberries, or just those ones?

message 29: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I hate that teresa won't computer from home even though she has a droid.

message 30: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell The bed got delivered after only an hour of waiting.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Horton Hears a Who.

My favorite Horton book is Horton Hatches the Egg. In fact, it's one of my favorite books, period.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Green Eggs and Ham? Cat in the Hat? One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish?

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Wocket in My Pocket?

twss

message 34: by Rusty (last edited Nov 28, 2010 04:31PM) (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Oddrun, this is what twss means, roughly translated:

Jeg er en dork som liker queer lite lønndom like.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

"twss" means "That's what she said." It makes whatever you just said seem sexual, usually when you intend no such thing.

Yertle the Turtle! That's a good one.

message 36: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Oddrun wrote: "Rusty wrote: "Oddrun, this is what twss means, roughly translated:

Jeg er en dork som liker queer lite lønndom like."

'i am a dork that likes queer little secret like.'"

Actually, that's pretty close. Below is what I intended:

I am a dork that likes queer little secret
acronyms

message 37: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Of course, it's not nearly as secret now that Tambeau revealed its meaning.