Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Archive (BOTM) > NOMINATIONS OPEN ~ February group reads

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (last edited Jan 11, 2011 12:45PM) (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
Nominations for our February 2011 group read are now open (you've got a while to nominate - we are always a bit ahead of ourselves to give time to get hold of the books). Please post your nominations and I'll update this list as we get nominations! If you could give us your top to-read nomination of the month! (Can you believe I'm talking about 2011!!!!)

Please nominate first in the series or stand-a-lone books. (feel free to renominate books which have been before BUT not books we have already featured as group reads - you could try nominating the next book in the series, see below)

If we've already had book 1 as a group read feel free to nominate book 2 and so on!

Timescale:
Nominate up to 15 December
Poll 15 to 31 December
January for you to get hold of the book(s)
1st February - group read starts

The two most voted for books will be our February group reads. You can read either or both.

We will also have a series continuation group read in February - ie book 2 of a series we have done book 1 of etc.

A poll will be posted about 15 December to run until 31 December, which will then give everyone a month to get hold of the book(s).

If your choice does not come top you can either renominate for March or see if any other members want to do a buddy read with you.

Books nominated - split general and continuation: (Edited as we go)

General
Original Sin by Allison Brennan
Danann Frost Falls from Grace by Joanne Valiukas
Nightwalker by Jocelynn Drake
Blue Diablo by Ann Aguirre
Covet by J.R. Ward
Staked by J.F. Lewis
Blood Law by Jeannie Holmes
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Grave Witch by Kalayna Price
Queen of Shadows by Anne Bishop
Stalking Tender Prey by Storm Constantine

Original Sin (The Seven Deadly Sins, #1) by Allison Brennan Danann Frost Falls from Grace by Joanne Valiukas Nightwalker (Dark Days, #1) by Jocelynn Drake Blue Diablo (Corine Solomon, #1) by Ann Aguirre Covet (The Fallen Angels, #1) by J.R. Ward Staked (Void City, #1) by J.F. Lewis Blood Law (Alexandra Sabian, #1) by Jeannie Holmes Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1) by Kalayna Price Queen of Shadows (Shadow World, #1) by Dianne Sylvan Stalking Tender Prey (Grigori Trilogy, Bk. 1.) by Storm Constantine

Series continuation nomination (1 of):
Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning
At Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost

Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost

message 2: by Amber (new)

Amber (ambermay_5) | 176 comments Looks like Original Sin by Allison Brennan won't make the January list, can I re-nominate it please?

message 3: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (theresamcole) | 14 comments Would love to nominate Danann Frost Falls from Grace by Joanne Valiukas

She's self published and a shining star in the indie author realm! This book is my new all time favorite! An Angel + A Vamp = INSANE AWESOMENESS!

message 4: by Tracy T. (new)

Tracy T. I'm going to nominate Nightwalker (Dark Days, #1) by Jocelynn Drake . Its a dark urban fantasy with a few splashes of humor and non stop action.

message 5: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) okay. Shadowfever(final fever book) comes out january 18, so I'll nominate it as the series continuation nominations.

Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning

message 6: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

I'd like to nominate Blue Diablo by Ann Aguirre

Blue Diablo (Corine Solomon, #1) by Ann Aguirre

message 7: by Chell (new)

Chell (shelliemac) Not sure if this has been a group read before but would like to nominate Covet (The Fallen Angels, #1) by J.R. Ward

Wicked ♥  (Wickedly Bookish Reviews) aka Bat-Jess | 62 comments Michelle M wrote: "Not sure if this has been a group read before but would like to nominate Covet (The Fallen Angels, #1) by J.R. Ward"

Yes! I was totally going to nominate it but you beat me to it. I really want to read that one since i am so close to being done with the Brothers.

message 9: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

I'd like to nominate as a series continuation At Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost. (Although I'm sure Shadowfever will win, I though we should have a choice!!)

At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost

message 10: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) I think it will be real close to a tie.

message 11: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

Mariya wrote: "I think it will be real close to a tie."

I can see we may have a problem here then!! If it's very close we'll just have both then everyone is happy!! :-)

message 12: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) haha. two great books!

oh, man. I just remembered the fifth(night HUntress) comes out end of febuary! yah!

message 13: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

Can I see a March nomination coming there Mariya???

message 14: by Angelika (last edited Dec 06, 2010 06:09PM) (new)

Angelika | 104 comments Jess wrote: "Michelle M wrote: "Not sure if this has been a group read before but would like to nominate Covet (The Fallen Angels, #1) by J.R. Ward"

I just recently finished this book. I liked it much better than BDB, so can really recommend it.

For a nomination...how about
Staked Staked (Void City, #1) by J.F. Lewis by J.F. Lewis?

message 15: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) Jen ~ theMagicFaerie wrote: "Can I see a March nomination coming there Mariya???"

haha. we have to get in the fourth first, so the fifth could be an april nomination for sure.

message 16: by Mariya (last edited Dec 12, 2010 09:33PM) (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) Blood Law (Alexandra Sabian, #1) by Jeannie Holmes
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead (so everyone should have read this series, but I know some who haven't)
Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1) by Kalayna Price
Queen of Shadows (Shadow World, #1) by Dianne Sylvan

message 17: by Angela (new)

Angela | 2 comments I would like to nominate Stalking Tender Prey by Storm Constantine. Stalking Tender Prey (Creed) by Storm Constantine

I read this book many years ago and would love to read it again. Also I think many of you in this group would enjoy it.

message 18: by Tamara (new)

Tamara | 52 comments I'll nominate Regan Hastings Visions of Magic. It is #1 on my TBR list!Visions of Magic

message 19: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) ummm...guys..the nominations are only supposed to go up to december 15. see rules above...but you can nominate it for march when jen posts the thread/topic for it. the poll for february book nominations are already up.

message 20: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (thebooknympho) Jen ~ theMagicFaerie wrote: "I'd like to nominate as a series continuation At Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost. (Although I'm sure Shadowfever will win, I though we should have a cho..."

WHY choose? Both are GREAT series. ;)

message 21: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

JenniferY wrote: "WHY choose? Both are GREAT series. ;) "

We'll have them both then! Partly because of the above, and partly because I never posted a poll?!?!?

message 22: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) haha. I noticed that and was gonna ask you but you will sick, but it would be great to have both. Though I will be running down bookstore everyday this week just to see if they have Shadowfever in. I NEED THAT BOOK!