Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > November - What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 247 (247 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Mel W (new)

Mel W (melw) | 981 comments My reading has slowed down quite a bit the last few months, but I did manage to start Susan Andersen's Baby I'm Yours this morning.

So, what's on the TBR list for everyone this month?

message 2: by Vicki (new)

Vicki | 153 comments I'm starting the month with Lisa Kleypas' Secrets of a Summer Night

message 3: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Nov 02, 2010 12:14AM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 21354 comments Me too Vicki! Sometime next week! I pick up the audio book from my library tomorrow. It will be my first Lisa Kleypas...

message 4: by Vicki (new)

Vicki | 153 comments Jane wrote: "Me too Vicki! Sometime next week! I pick up the audio book from my library tomorrow. It will be my first Lisa Kleypas..."

Nice! I have read Dreaming of You and really enjoyed it. Heard so many positive reviews about Wallflower series, so I'm very looking forward to this book! Hope you enjoy it as well.

message 5: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Nov 02, 2010 12:18AM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 21354 comments I have it on my Wedding/Marriages challenge. So I'll be writing up a judgement on that string... :) Hope you enjoy it too!

message 6: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments I already finished a book yesterday Ruthless (The House of Rohan, #1) by Anne Stuart . It was very good. Not as steamy as I thought it was going to be though. :)

Next I'll start: World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War. Now that I read some historical romance, I'm ready to tackle this one. :)

message 7: by Ann (new)

Ann (annabell123) I have started reading Ice Cold I'm loving it so far.

message 8: by Casi (last edited Nov 02, 2010 07:29AM) (new)

Casi | 6 comments Started reading Last Night at Chateau Marmont but put it down to REREAD MY FAVORITE Love Unscripted I cannot get enough of this book! Love it!!!!! Love Unscripted (Volume 1) by Tina Reber

message 9: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11497 comments Half way through Predatory Game (GhostWalkers, #6) by Christine Feehan and I'm really enjoying the change of pace of this one. Also started Regularly Scheduled Life by K.A. Mitchell

message 10: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 1058 comments Finished Mockingjay Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins early this morning. Currently reading Bad to the Bone Bad to the Bone (WVMP Radio, #2) by Jeri Smith-Ready .

message 11: by Raine (new)

Raine | 177 comments I'm currently reading A Perfect Darkness (Offspring, #1) by Jaime_Rush

message 12: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolesparaco) Still reading Paradise, as soon as that's finished I'm on to Self Matters: Creating Your Life from the Inside Out, and lastly for my "Pick it for me" : Good in Bed! I have a lot on my plate!

Paradise by Judith McNaught Self Matters Creating Your Life from the Inside Out by Phillip C. McGraw Good in Bed (Cannie Shapiro, #1) by Jennifer Weiner

And when all thats done... I'd love to start this trilogy!

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty (Sleeping Beauty, #1) by Anne Rice

message 13: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 366 comments I'm reading Wait Until Midnight by Amanda Quick and am almost done.

message 14: by Erin (new)

Erin H Almost done with Believe by Victoria Alexander and then figuring out what to read that fits with my challenges!!

message 15: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) still reading Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1) by Elizabeth Hoyt

message 16: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Just finished JR Ward's Crave. Next on my list is Tessa Dare's Goddess of the Hunt.

message 17: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 1766 comments I'm doing a re-read of Voyager by Diana Gabaldon.
Voyager (Outlander, #3) by Diana Gabaldon

Macwolf01 [Elise] (macwolf01) | 1012 comments Currently reading The Reckless Bride (Black Cobra Quartet, #4) by Stephanie Laurens then on to Burn by Linda Howard & Eight Days to Live An Eve Duncan Forensics Thriller by Iris Johansen

message 19: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) I finished Wicked Intentions by Elizabeth Hoyt

and now reading Prince Charming Doesn't Live Here (The Others, #10) by Christine Warren

message 20: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments I finished the audiobook Lessons of a Lowcountry Summer by Rochelle Alers . Once it got started it was pretty good.

message 21: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Since Nov 1st I've read
Lawman by Diana Palmer Regan's Pride (Long, Tall Texans, #11; Silhouette Romance #1000) by Diana Palmer Night of Love (Silhouette Desire, #799) by Diana Palmer Crown of Crystal Flame (Tairen Soul, #5) by C.L. Wilson Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) by C.L. Wilson Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (The Ralstons, #1) by Sarah MacLean Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (The Ralstons, #2) by Sarah MacLean Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick

I loved CoCF, last in the Tairen Soul series, and Crescendo.. However Sarah MacLean's newest, while good, wasn't up to par with her first book.. Pity, but I'm still looking forwards to the next book!

message 22: by Megan (new)

Megan finished Much Ado About Marriage (MacLean Curse, #6) by Karen Hawkins and started Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie

message 23: by Ann (new)

Ann (annabell123) I just finished Extraordinary by Nancy Werlin , which didn't impress me. And now I am moving onto A Love to Last Forever (The Brides of Gallatin County, Book 2) by Tracie Peterson

message 24: by Vicki (last edited Nov 03, 2010 10:33PM) (new)

Vicki | 153 comments I was reading Secrets of a Summer Night, but today I received a package from Amazon (yay!)... and couldn't resist Judith McNaught's A Kingdom of Dreams.

Already read nearly 100 pages. Love it so much. It's been a while since I was so absorbed in a book that even 50-paged chapter went so quickly (and was not bored at all!!!)

message 25: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments I started Heiress For Hire (Cuttersville, #2) by Erin McCarthy and am reading that along with Kushiel's Dart (Kushiel's Legacy, #1) by Jacqueline Carey .

message 27: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Vicki wrote: "I was reading Secrets of a Summer Night, but today I received a package from Amazon (yay!)... and couldn't resist Judith McNaught's A Kingdom of Dreams.

Already read ..."

KoD is one of McNaught's best along with Once and Always and Something Wonderful (IMO)... I'm envious you get to read both those great books!:-)

message 28: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 1058 comments Finished Bad to the Bone Bad to the Bone (WVMP Radio, #2) by Jeri Smith-Ready . Wicked Game was better, but this is still a pretty good follow up.

Currently reading Murder Past Due Murder Past Due (A Cat in the Stacks Mystery, #1) by Miranda James . Next up is Passion Unleashed Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) by Larissa Ione

message 29: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Read Maggie's Dad (Silhouette Special Edition #991) by Diana Palmer this afternoon (typical DP romance, lol) and just finished Born of Night (The League, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon ... I can't belive I put off reading this one because it was futuristic (not my fave genre)... It was amazing!!! I love (almost) all of SK's books, and the fact that this was her debut novel floors me! I really loved it, and can't wait to read her next two books in the series!

message 30: by Gail (new)

Gail Distefano | 37 comments I am reading Crave b JR Ward

message 31: by Sho (new)

Sho | 2 comments i finished reading an offer u cant refuse and started reading a thousand splendid suns.

message 32: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 394 comments I'm reading Captive Dreams by Angela Knight for the November Challenge. Wow, I'm on page 80 and it's been practically all sex the whole way through.There's actually a plot, believe it or not. It's very, uh, imaginative, kind of sci/fi fantasy.

message 33: by Raine (new)

Raine | 177 comments I finished A Perfect Darkness (Offspring, #1) by Jaime_Rush , which I really liked. I am now reading The Italian Billionaire's Ruthless Revenge (Harlequin Presents) by Jacqueline Baird for the November challenge.

message 34: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Finished Born of Fire (The League, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon last night:-) Not as fabulous as the first book, but great nonetheless:-)

message 35: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ I'm reading The Search by Nora Roberts .

message 36: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments Vanessa wrote: "I'm reading Captive Dreams by Angela Knight for the November Challenge. Wow, I'm on page 80 and it's been practically all sex the whole way through.There's actually a plot,..."

I really like Angela Knight's books, except for one that stunk, but the rest were really good.

message 37: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments I finished Heiress For Hire (Cuttersville, #2) by Erin McCarthy and Sexy Beast by Kate Douglas . 3 star books. I now have to stand in front of my library books and figure out which one I'm going to read next. I'm at the maximum for my library and need to work through the pile.

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) just finished Dead Witch Walking (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison a few hours ago, and now I am getting ready to read Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter, #9) (Were-Hunter, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 39: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bexsi) | 788 comments Samantha wrote: "just finished Dead Witch Walking (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrisona few hours ago, and now I am getting ready to read Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter, #9) (Were-Hunter, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon"

what did you think of Dead Witch Walking (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison ?

message 40: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bexsi) | 788 comments I have finished A Lick of Frost (Meredith Gentry, #6) by Laurell K. Hamilton A Lick of Frost it was much better than the last 2 books but I am going to wait a few weeks before I start the next one. I have just started Magic Study (Study, #2) by Maria V. Snyder Magic Study I loved the first book and hope this is just as good.

message 41: by Ann (new)

Ann (annabell123) I finally have Happy Ever After (Bride Quartet, #4) by Nora Roberts ! I intend on reading that today, and hopefully move on to Guardian of the Gate (Prophecy of the Sisters, #2) by Michelle Zink and Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult this weekend.

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) Rebecca wrote: "Samantha wrote: "just finished Dead Witch Walking (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrisona few hours ago, and now I am getting ready to read Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter, #9) (Were-Hunter, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon"

what did you thi..."

I liked it but it was slow and confusing at some times, I think more explanation of some things would have helped, but I will continue on with the series.

message 43: by Vicki (new)

Vicki | 153 comments Finished reading A Kingdom of Dreams, and now reading Elizabeth Hoyt's To Taste Temptation.

So far it's okay, but since Judith McNaught is just awesome awesome, To Taste Temptation seems...plain... Perhaps, if I read it before A Kingdom of Dreams, TTT might have seemed more wonderful...

message 44: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bexsi) | 788 comments Samantha wrote: "I liked it but it was slow and confusing at some times, I think more explanation of some things would have helped, but I will continue on with the series...."

I agree I found it slow to start and thought the second book was better.

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) well that's hopeful then. :)

message 46: by Jasmin (new)

message 47: by Adriana (new)

Adriana (adrinori) im currently reading Daughter of Darkness by V.C. Andrews I have only 3 chapters to go....so far it is good.. But it could be better.

message 48: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments I just finished Midnight Sins (Midnight, #2) by Cynthia Eden and now I'm reading Royal Destiny (Queen of the Orcs, #3) by Morgan Howell .

message 49: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) | 194 comments Just read The Serpent Prince and Sins of a Wicked Duke.

Really liked both of them -- especially SoaWD. Nothing really deep about it, just a light, enjoyable romance with a "darkish" hero and a heroine with a backbone.

message 50: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Started Brigg's Silver Borne today, and is almost halfway done. The story just flows. Forgot how much I like this series.

« previous 1 3 4 5