~Opinions~ discussion

Religion > What happens when you die?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 233 (233 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Emma (last edited Oct 23, 2010 10:17AM) (new)

Emma (zeeberg) What do you think happens when we die? Heaven or Hell? Niavada or just... nothing?

I'm a Christian, so I guess I'm entitled to believe in Heaven. But, if I had to state a wish, something I would want to happen, I'd say A choice.
That we get a choice when we die. Do we want to be reincarnated, go to heaven, Navade etc.? That we get the choice to choose for ourselves. 'Cause that's what lives about, ain't it? Choices. So if life's about it, why not dead too?

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren When i was younger i used to believe that you got three different lives, a really bad one, a middle kind of life, and an amazing life. So you got reincarnated 3 times lol. I dont think that now though, i think nothing happens when you die.

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 23, 2010 10:20AM) (new)

Personally, I think we reincarnate. I think that's what explains deja vu. It's a memory of your past life slipping into this one.

And I have deja vu all the time.

message 4: by David (new)

David jones | 135 comments Well since I'm cathloc I believe that when bad people die they go to hell and when good people die they go to heaven.

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) I've wondered about reincarnation sometimes. Like the thing with Deja vú that you mention. That, and the thing with hands you know. We all have lines, but some have more lines, and others have deeper lines. Wasn't there something about it telling how old our soul is? Besides, plenty of people have "visited" their old life.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Has anyone in here ever read Elsewehre by Gabrielle Zevin? It gives a very interesting view about what happens after we die. It was truly original.

Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I would LIKE to believe that we reincarnate, because i think its a nice concept...but far fetched for me.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

That's fair. :) What *do* you think happens?

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Nothing, its a sad way to think i know, but i dont believe in anything...spiritual. I just think dying is like shutting down, we die and then nothing.

♫Rose4ever♫ ~ Katerina  Mikhailov  ~    (Team Dimitri/Gale/Jace) David wrote: "Well since I'm cathloc I believe that when bad people die they go to hell and when good people die they go to heaven."

yes this is usually what i believe and pretty much wat i always thought! :)

message 11: by David (new)

David jones | 135 comments lolz xD

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I believe in reincarnation...but i also believe in Heaven....it's hard to explain...

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Do you think we reincarnate a certain number of times and then go to Heaven, or that some people reincarnate while others go to Heaven? Or something else? :)

message 14: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman I would say our bodies become worm food and our souls go to what we think of "Heaven" or "Hell", whatever the actual version may be.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Something else but i can't explain it without feeling like an idiot...

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, okay. I was just wondering.

message 17: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman *♥Nemonica♥* §♦Epic cat lover!♦§ wrote: "Something else but i can't explain it without feeling like an idiot..."

Give it a shot. No one will think you are an idiot. All we can do is just disagree.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

And we do it respectfully, right guys? :)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Well...i believe that people go to Heaven for a certain amount of time and when their time is up, they reincarnate. Kind of like death but from the other side...

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Ooh, that's interesting. I really like that. :)

message 21: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Oooooh, I like that too. Sounds like my wish-thing, kinda. Wouldn't it be awesome if we had the choice to go to heaven or be reincarnated or go to Navada or whatever? And then when we felt that we needed some change, we just choose to do something else.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm all about free will. I like the idea of having a choice.

message 23: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman How do you know when your time is up? Is there are supreme being that decides or do you just "die" again on your own?

message 24: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Neither, just when you yourself chooses to go somewhere else.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

In Elsewhere, the main character dies in the prologue. Then, she takes a boat to Elsewhere (kind of like an in-between) where people age backwards until they are newborns again. Then they are placed in a basket and sent down a river to a boat that takes them back to earth where they're reincarnated. I really, really like this idea.

message 26: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman Do you come back as yourself or someone else? And who gets to choose how you come back?

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Are you asking me or Emma?

message 28: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman Actually, I was asking Nemonica since it was her comment originally.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, okay. Sorry.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Honestly....i don't know...but i believe you can choose what you come back as...((i hope so...=) ))

message 31: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman Candace (Amare Infinitum) wrote: "Oh, okay. Sorry."

Sorry, maybe that sounded harsh over the net. Not intended that way, just meant I was curious to hear the answer from the person who made the comment.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't take it as harsh. 'Sorry' was just the only reply I could think of. *shrugs* I apologize a lot :P.

message 33: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman *♥Nemonica♥* §♦Epic cat lover!♦§ wrote: "Honestly....i don't know...but i believe you can choose what you come back as...((i hope so...=) ))"

That's interesting. Kind of the best of both worlds.

message 34: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) My beleif is that the good go to heaven and the bad to hell. It is God who does justice between the two.

message 35: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Hmm. I don't beliebe in Hell. Gos forgives.

message 36: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Is it fair if one person spends his life being good and prasing God and another does unforgivable crimes, isna bad person and then both go to heaven? God forgives... wen sum1 asks for forgiveness in their life.

message 37: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Nope, I say God forgives, no matter what. Of course, that's not an excuse to do bad things. And bad people usually do what they do 'cause they think it's right. I believe that as long s you do what you do because you think it's right, you're not a bad person. As long as you have loved, or liked or done something good in your life, God will forgive you.

message 38: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) God will forgive if u ask for forgiveness. and no, not everyone does bad thinking ur doing wrong. even epople like me n u sumtyms do bad stuff knwoing that we are wrong.

message 39: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Sure, but should we go to Hell for that? If I tell a lie, knowing it's a lie, should I go to Hell then?

message 40: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Nope, if u did more good stuff then bad, then m sure we wld go heaven. but if u've done more bad, it is only justificable to be given wat u deserve

message 41: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) I disagree. If I do what I do, believing it is the right thing to do, then how can I be punished for that? Other people might think it ain't right, I might even look back at it later and think that was wrong; but if I believe it's right in the moment, I don't think I should be punished for all eternity.

message 42: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman Emma (Soul of sunshine) wrote: "Nope, I say God forgives, no matter what. Of course, that's not an excuse to do bad things. And bad people usually do what they do 'cause they think it's right. I believe that as long s you do what..."

Right in what sense? Morally? I would disagree that "bad people" do what they do because they think it's right. They do it mostly because they want to and don't care about right or wrong. I doubt that really factors into it. Bad people exist and it's not because they know they are doing wrong. It's because they are doing wrong without any thought or care as to what is "right" or "wrong" and causing terrible pain and suffering for others by such actions.

message 43: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) True, but should they be punished for all eternity, because of what they did in life?

- This is where I like the idea of reincarnation. If you're bad, you're reincarnated as a petty animal, and then you can "grow" from there. I don't know if I believe in reincarnation, but it sure is a great idea.

message 44: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman Some religions believe that if you do not atone for your sins (usually the mortal ones, like murder) in life then you are damned for all eternity. It's only those that atone that get to go to "heaven" after they die. I think Amina was saying this, but I don't want to put words in her mouth. So, whether you go to heaven or hell depends on what you as the person committing the sin does afterwards about it.

message 45: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Yes, I do mean dat. If u ask for forgiveness and accept ur mistake, u will hopefully be forgiven. But ging on in life, sying ur right and commiting bad deeds... erm no, heaven doesn't fit.

message 46: by Filipa (new)

Filipa (filipagaspar) | 10 comments Well, I don't really believe in God. I'm not religious of any kind. I'm a logical person with a scientific point of view. So, for me, when you die, that's it, nothing more happens.

message 47: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) So u dnt think that justice will be done? that the bad and good alike have the same destination? thas not fair, if u ask me

message 48: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) We are all humans. And is it right to be punished for all eternity for something you did in life?

message 49: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) I asked u first; isn't it unfair for a bad and good person to recieve the same?

message 50: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Bad people are usually punished in life, and in Gods eyes everyone is good. Plus there are no Bads in heaven, which means that they'll leave their horrible sites behind. There's good in everyone and God will bring out the good, making people realise their bads. Noone is born evil, so noone is evil all the way trough.

Now, is it fair to be punished for all eternity for something you did, and was most likely punished for, in life?

« previous 1 3 4 5