This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

While googling myself...

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I found this frightening conglomeration.

http://www.facebook.com/people/Gretch...

message 2: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments hahahaha. I just googled "smetchie" and on page two is link for this:

http://www.inlic.com/poll/show/10904-...

message 3: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments But seriously. My profile is private. So why do my reveiws come up on google? I don't really care, but...

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes! Polls aren't private. I have had to edit a couple polls on here that had my name in them. That's why I switched to Montambeau because I don't want people to google me (like my students or their parents) and then find me in the often rather vile poll section.

message 5: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments What about reviews, though?

There are some vile fucking polls, yeah? I wonder how it decides which ones come up on google? Why the haughty mustache poll of all the polls?

message 6: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) You don't want your students to know what kind of position you take on vile polls?

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 22, 2010 04:26PM) (new)

Nope. Nor on vile poles.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments smetchie wrote: "I found this frightening conglomeration.

http://www.facebook.com/people/Gretch..."

wtf!!! i thought we had a little fan club for a second!!!

message 9: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Thanks a lot, jerks. You inspired me to look up an old friend on Google. All that came up were reports on his involvement in a very ugly domestic dispute. Jerks.

message 10: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Its not our fault you're friends with a wife beater.

message 11: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments I don't ask a lot of my friends, but I would prefer that they refrained from spousal abuse.

message 12: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Gretchen, speaking of spousal abuse, do you like to punch your husband? My wife enjoys punching me, and I don't know if it's just because she has the misfortune of being married to me, or if this is a widespread phenomenon.

It's not like she punches me in my sleep or anything. She'll say "Rusty, I really want to punch you right now" and I'll say "Whatever", and then she punches me in the gut a couple times. I think it's a stress reliever for her. And for some reason she's impressed that it doesn't hurt. It's like she doesn't realize she's 3/5 my size.

message 13: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Nope. Only during scary movies.

But I can understand how it would be calming to punch someone in the gut. I might take it up. I'm sure my husband thanks you.

message 14: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments I do what I can.

message 15: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Where have you been, anyway? I miss you.

message 16: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Well, in a nutshell the answer is the following:

- new state
- new job
- new responsibilities
- weird schedule
- the network doesn't allow access to Goodreads
- longer commute
- closing on a house
- lucrative ass model contract requires a lot of travel
- etc.

The situation might improve soon. I just ordered an i-Touch from Amazon.

message 17: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Lame fucking network!

While I'm opposed to the aformentioned apple product on general principle, if it means you can get on goodreads while at work then all right!

What's a lucrative ass model contract? Are you trying to be funny and say you have a contract to model your ass?

message 18: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 23, 2010 02:26PM) (new)

Oh yeah! Send us the photos!

I used to punch my ex in the arms and chest. But only in anger. :) He wouldn't GO AWAY!!!

message 19: by Harry (new)

Harry  (harry_harry) I have a friend who is very large. Like 6'4" and at the time, probably 280lbs... he had a girlfriend who was a pretty solid chick too. She was a collegiate shot putter. (if that's the correct term for it) They would wrestle all the time and it was frightening. I don't mean a little grab ass. I mean all out body slamming kind of wrestling. She was a bad ass and I worried for his safety.

message 20: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments smetchie wrote: "Lame fucking network!

While I'm opposed to the aformentioned apple product on general principle, if it means you can get on goodreads while at work then all right!

What's a lucrative ass model c..."

What do you mean trying to be funny? That was comedy gold.