Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > I'm going to be MIA for a while....

Comments Showing 1-50 of 111 (111 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (last edited Oct 21, 2010 09:48AM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Hi, everyone. I'm just posting this to let everyone know, that my presence in GR will be a bit erratic in the next few weeks.

I just got bad news from home (the Philippines). My father passed away. It came as a shock and I'm totally unprepared. I'm working on renewing my passport and putting together money to buy fare so I can go home.

In the meantime, I'm going to leave the group in the capable hands of Mel W and Rossy. Also, those who are helping out in the challenges, Debbie, D.G., Tracy and Valorie. And pretty much, all the active members that keep the group going. Please take care of our little corner in G.R. until I can get back.

message 2: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments Oh Yz, I'm really sorry about that. I hope you can get back there as soon as possible.

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1102 comments Yz, I am so sorry for your loss...take care & we are all here when you need a friend...

Take Care & hope you can make there & back safe...

message 4: by Melanie (last edited Oct 21, 2010 10:13AM) (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Yz, I'm very sorry for your loss.. Take care and have a safe trip..

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments Yz, our thoughts are with you.

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 350 comments Oh, Yz. I am so sorry about your dad. Hugs to you. Safe trip to you. You are in our thoughts.

message 7: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) Really sorry to hear that, Yz. Take care of yourself. {{Hugs}}

message 8: by Raine (last edited Oct 21, 2010 10:42AM) (new)

Raine | 177 comments Yz, I'm very sorry for your loss. Take care.

message 9: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments Awww, Yz! I'm so sorry for your loss. {{{{HUGS}}} for you and thanks so much for letting us know.

Anything I can do to help, please let me know.

message 10: by Nissie Lambert (new)

Nissie Lambert So sorry for your loss Yz. My thoughts are with you. Have a safe trip.

message 11: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (craftymommy) | 766 comments I'm so sorry Yz. Will be thinking of you.

message 12: by Ceej (new)

Ceej (drqangel) | 1015 comments sorry to about your father. safe travels

message 13: by Elke (last edited Oct 21, 2010 02:43PM) (new)

Elke (ejurca) | 1810 comments So sorry for your loss Yz. Our thoughts are with you...have a safe trip

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments Sorry to hear that, Yz. Have a safe trip and be back to us soon.

message 15: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11369 comments Yz, I'm so sorry for your loss. Thinking about you and wishing you a safe trip.

message 16: by Dina (new)

Dina (missdina) | 807 comments Yz, I'm terribly sorry for your loss. Take care. We'll be waiting for you when you're ready to get back.

message 17: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) I'm very sorry for your loss, Yz. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care and have a safe trip.

message 18: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 822 comments Sorry to hear about your dad, Yz. :( Do what you need to do & have a safe trip. We'll hold the fort.

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore I'm so sorry to hear about your father. Have a safe trip. I'm sending a cyber hug your way......

message 20: by southpaw285 (new)

southpaw285 | 588 comments Yz, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your father. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care and be safe.

Charlotte (Buried in Books) | 561 comments So sorry for your loss Yz, have a safe trip.

Lacy♪ ♫Movements of a Demigod ♪ ♫ (lb3553) | 29 comments Yz, I'm sorry for your loss. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Have a safe trip and take care.

message 23: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 1245 comments Oh, Yz, so sorry for your loss. Your "corner" of goodreads isn't so little, if you can't tell, you will be missed. Our thoughts are with you at this hard time.

message 24: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Thank you so much for the concern and the support.

Looks like I might not be able to make it. I just found out from my embassy that it will take up to 6 weeks to get a passport. Now, I can get an emergency travel document to go, but it's only one way. I still have to apply for a passport once I get there, and considering that I can probably only take a week off from work, that is not feasible.

A horrid Catch-22!

message 25: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (Smiley1881) That's awful, I hope something works out for you.

message 26: by ~Vixhen~ (new)

~Vixhen~ (vixhen) | 67 comments So sorry - take care

message 27: by colleen (new)

colleen (colleenfl) | 458 comments Sorry for your loss, Yz.

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments That's terrible Yz. Is there anything we can do to help?

message 29: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Sorry for your loss, Yz! Crossing my fingers for you that everything will work ot and you will be able to travel.

message 30: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 1755 comments I'm so sorry to hear about your father, Yz. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care. I hope something works out for you to be able to go.

message 31: by exxcentrica (new)

exxcentrica I'm sorry for your loss :( Safe travels, and our prayers are with you.

message 32: by Valorie (new)

Valorie  | 2218 comments So sorry Yz. My condolences go out to you and your family.

message 33: by Gigi (last edited Oct 21, 2010 07:28PM) (new)

Gigi | 1149 comments OH MY GOSH Yz!! I'm sooo sorry!! *hugs and kisses*

message 34: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) | 194 comments So sorry to hear about your dad, Yz. I'll be thinking of you, and hoping you can find some way to be there - if not right now, then soon. Take care.

message 35: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 367 comments I am so sorry for your loss, Yz.

message 36: by Alycia (new)

Alycia I'm sorry for your loss Yz. I hope you can make your trip soon. *hugs*

message 37: by Vicki (new)

Vicki | 153 comments I'm so sorry for your loss. Hope everything goes well.

message 38: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20976 comments Yz - I'm sorry to hear your loss. I hope something works out. My thoughts are with you.

message 39: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rbg23) I'm so sorry for your loss Yz. I hope everything works out for the best for you.

Macwolf01 [Elise] (macwolf01) | 1012 comments Sorry for your loss Yz, hopefully your passport stuff will work out faster

message 41: by Mel W (new)

Mel W (melw) | 981 comments Yz, I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss. I know my presence here is erratic at best but I will do my best to get here daily and help out as much as I can.

Take care of yourself and I hope everything can be sorted out for you soon.

message 42: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 1414 comments Sorry for your loss, Yz.

message 43: by Steph (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 386 comments So sorry to hear of your loss, Yz. My thoughts are with you and your family. Be safe on your travels.

message 44: by Jasmin (last edited Oct 22, 2010 12:58AM) (new)

Jasmin (princ3ssjasmin) | 91 comments Sorry to hear about that Yz. God bless.

message 45: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 4260 comments Yz, losing a father, especially unexpectedly is monumental. You never realise how important they are until they're gone. My thoughts and best wishes to you and your family in this sad time.

Best of luck with the passport thing. {{{Hugs}}}

message 46: by AH (new)

AH | 75 comments Sorry to hear about your loss.

message 47: by SandyC (new)

SandyC (sandyc88) | 1281 comments Yz, my sincere condolences on your loss. I hope you are able to work through the red tape so you can spend some time with your family.

message 48: by Melanie (last edited Oct 22, 2010 07:50AM) (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Yz, sorry to hear about the passport issue. If we can do anything to help, let us know! My prayers are with you.

message 49: by Debbie (new)

Debbie  (db_debber) | 2757 comments Yz, so sorry for your loss, thoughts are with you.

message 50: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 205 comments Sorry for your loss YZ.

« previous 1 3