Karen Chance Fans discussion

Off-Topic > Random Thoughts

Comments Showing 1-50 of 2,693 (2693 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 53 54

message 1: by Enjee, Founder (new)

Enjee | 1194 comments Mod
From Debbie in the L&G group: "This guy in the UK talks in his sleep.....a variety of one-liners.....some crude (warning), some hugely funny and a bit Pythonesque....his wife tapes him and blogs them..."

http://www.sleeptalkinman.blogspot.com/

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Loss (supersteffy) | 136 comments lol those were entertaining...

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Loss (supersteffy) | 136 comments For anyone who hasn't checked or noticed, I posted a simple poll. Check it out :)

message 4: by Josie (new)

Josie | 643 comments Simple?! It's not simple lol. You're asking me to choose. To make a conscious decision for a favourite. I don't think I can handle this kind of commitment.

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Loss (supersteffy) | 136 comments lol it's okay...I can always post an updated version a few books down the line.

message 6: by Josie (new)

Josie | 643 comments Haha, you'll need to do that!! It will be interesting to see if the poll results change after we've had more books from each of them. I'm going to answer anyway...

message 7: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments On a completely random note check out this steampunk band http://www.abneypark.com

message 8: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) I was aware of steampunk literature but I didn't know it was a music genre. Have you ever read any steam punk books Kat? I was thinking of trying some.

message 9: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) I hate this song, but this is the coolest thing ever!

message 10: by Josie (new)

Josie | 643 comments OMG, that is so good!! That is something I would never be able to do, not so hot with the hand-eye coordination unfortunately.
I have 'Soulless' by 'Gail Carriger' on my tbr list, I heard that was steampunk and was thinking of dipping my toe in the genre. I'm really looking forward to reading that, anyone else read it/want to read it?

message 11: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) I would be interested in reading some steampunk books. I could make my sister download them on her e-reader.

message 12: by Enjee, Founder (new)

Souless was excellent, as are the next two in the series:
Soulless (The Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger Changeless (The Parasol Protectorate, #2) by Gail Carriger Blameless (The Parasol Protectorate, #3) by Gail Carriger

Steampunk and funny.

message 13: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) Wow, I really like the sound of those, and the more I hear about the genre, the more I like it. Eeeeee-book!!

message 14: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (millionmph) | 74 comments Enjee wrote: "Souless was excellent, as are the next two in the series:
Soulless (The Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail CarrigerChangeless (The Parasol Protectorate, #2) by Gail CarrigerBlameless (The Parasol Protectorate, #3) by Gail Carriger

Steampunk and funny."

I was disappointed in the 3rd book, but the first 2 were pretty good.

message 15: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) So should I buy them?

message 16: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (millionmph) | 74 comments I would get the first book and see how you like it. You will definitely know after the first one if you want to continue.
Even though I was disappointed in the 3rd I will still continue with the series for sure. Very unique writing and I love the quirky sense of humor.

message 17: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments i have not dipped my toe into steampunk lit (yet) but i love dressing steampunk (everything is better with goggles) and the music btw check out Doctor Steel he is another steampunk artist.

message 18: by Kat (new)

message 19: by Enjee, Founder (new)

Jennifer Rardin Memorial Book Month
Goodreads members supports author's family...

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/4...

Scroll to the first entry in this topic...

message 20: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-JpWc... it is nerdy goodness teeheehee

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 64 comments Apropos of nothing, I saw in a junk catalog today where you can order a "Paddy in a Box".

http://www.shopirish.com/Paddy-In-A-Box

Paddy In A Box
So much contained in this one box! Perfect for a party, or the pool, beach, etc. Full sized 30 x 60" "instant kilt" beach towel, Irish flag designed t-shirt, Ireland flag, temporary tattoo, and green Irish tam!

The concept baffles me. When did this become necessary?

message 22: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) That is horrific! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 64 comments You're assuming it can be stopped.

message 24: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) God, it's like something out of Dr. Who. Cheap, tacky and frightening for small children.

message 25: by Nadine (new)

Nadine (Senceless) | 26 comments LOL...that's so stereotyped and THAT blinding green...I wonder, who came up with this idea

message 26: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 64 comments Would YOU want to be standing next to that at a beach or pool? I don't even think the "model" wants to be wearing that ensemble.

Maeve, I think you'd have to salt AND burn something that evil to make the takiness die.

message 27: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments thats just lame to the extreme

message 28: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) Salt, burn, exorcise, douse the ashes in holy water and scatter to the four winds!!

message 29: by Enjee, Founder (new)

Can any of our group members from the UK explain what "Welsh cakes" are? I listen to BBC Radio 1 on satellite radio on my way to work every day, and one of the DJs pronounced "Welsh cakes" as "the best food ever". So I am curious....

message 30: by Mai (last edited Nov 06, 2010 11:29AM) (new)

message 31: by Enjee, Founder (new)

Thanks Maeve.

message 32: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) Never actually eaten/heard of them before today actually. They look tasty though.

message 33: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments Hey gals,

This isn't really a random thought kind of thing but I was wanting to ask you a question. I am going to school in the New Year to become a professional editor and I need to present them with a recent portfolio of my work. I am wanting to build my editing portfolio and I was wondering if any of you would be interested in having me edit and proof read your work. As I am a student this would be free and it would be just like if I had beta'd your work. The only thing that I would ask is permission to use the rough and polished draft for my portfolio. If this is something you would be interested in please let me know.

Thanks

message 34: by Gwynethstwi (new)

Gwynethstwi | 1 comments Kat: I have the beginnings of a book you can use if you like, it's only the first 16 pages right now because it's still moving slowly, but you're welcome to use it if it will help you. Unfortunately most of my finished stuff is stuck on a hard drive on a pc with no power supply right now. I've got to get them off of there and onto a jump drive, just don't have the funds right now to do so.

message 35: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments Gwynethstwi: That would be excellent thanks. That sucks about your books though. I had that happen on one of my old computers..it just locked up and there was no way to access the stories on it..I lost all of my old stories and essays that were on it. I hope you will be able to recover them.

message 36: by Gwyn (new)

Gwyn | 27 comments Kat wrote: "Hey gals,

This isn't really a random thought kind of thing but I was wanting to ask you a question. I am going to school in the New Year to become a professional editor and I need to present th..."

I may have have 15 pages for you. If you give me about a week to do a little proofreading of my own (it has an enormous character issue at the moment) I'll send it your way.

message 37: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments Sure, that would be great as well.

message 38: by Mai (last edited Dec 19, 2010 08:29AM) (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) I assume you don't take fanfics so I'm not really going to be of much use to you :D

message 39: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments Yea I'm not sure how the admission boards would respond to that but I can check. Besides yours isn't really fanfic its like you read our minds lol

message 40: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) Reading a one track mind like yours isn't hard darling! I kid, I kid. Mostly :D

message 41: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments aww geez is it that obvious well I will have to improve lol

message 42: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments Gah, university and the real world is turning me into a lurker. Help!

message 43: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) You poor darling. Why don't you just post lurkity-lurk-lurk every once in a while and we'll know you're thinking about us. And what do you mean 'real world'?! What's more real than the interwebs?

message 44: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments Ah, free time. To answer your question, here's a couple hints: crawls around the house, instantly clutters whatever I have de-cluttered, and poops...a lot. LOL parenting and going to school is fun.

message 45: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) Ooo . . . so that's what responsibility looks like. *shudders*

message 46: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) Happy Valentine's Day you guys! Anyone got any cute stories? Oh, I do, since you asked! A guy in my class sent me a Facebook message with a link in it. The link was to his website. He'd made a page just for me with his number and a big Happy Valentine's Day sign!<3 <3

message 47: by Josie (new)

Josie | 643 comments Oh my word! I am so jealous! That is such a cute story. I have none of those :(

message 48: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) I've been grinning to ear for the last 2 hours. :D

message 49: by Josie (new)

Josie | 643 comments Awww, going on a valentine date?

message 50: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 70 comments Adorable!!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 53 54