Delirity discussion

Author A > The Edge - I. Andrews

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Sep 11, 2013 11:14PM) (new)

message 2: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments I liked the first one, but I think it made a good stand alone book. Not sure where the next book will go.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 185 comments The next book is about William....you can actually read a portion of the fist chapter on Ilona's website....from the snippets they have shared the books sounds like it will be as good as The Edge

message 4: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Oh. I don't like reading those things since they make me want the book even more, so I usually stay away. I did read every snippet I could get for Curran though. I just love him. <3 But these were from his POV, I don't think I read any of the of the Magic Bleeds snippets before it came out.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 185 comments Yeah the Curran POV's were great! While I hate the wait for the books the snippets at least give me a "mini-fix" for the story withdrawals....

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
Which one was William again? I've forgotten
I tries the first one then put it down. Then Carrie was so pro Kate Daniels that I picked that series up. Book 1 was a little hard at first, but once I understood what she meant about magic in the world and how it influenced everything I finally for interested. That understanding helped me figure out what was going on in The Edge so I picked it back up. I have a tendency to hold off on books but I should learn to listen to Carrie by now. She's generally spot on. I enjoyed it and I can't wait for book 2. I'm more excited for Kate but this is a nice hold over.

message 7: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Hahaha, at least somebody listens to me! I am pretty pushy sometimes with books (now I just have to find a way to get all of my friends to read WOT :P). I can't even get my bf to read Kate Daniels though. She tried, but didn't like it. I keep telling her it gets so much better. I just got my mom to pick up a Nook for her and I loaded all of Ilona Andrews books on it. :) Lucky her, she already has 100+ ebooks on it.

message 8: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I did like the first book, the world was different from the Kate Daniels books. I am looking forward to the second book.

message 9: by Heather (new)

It's different but just the concept of magic in general was a little odd to me. I hadn't really read anything besides Potter that dealt with magic. I'm not sure what the classifications are, but it really was the first time the world was a different for me and I had a hard time grasping it at first. Kate helped me get over it. In every other book it was just everything odd existed within the confines of our modern world. Potter was a little different, but seeing the movies first gave me a visual to work with.

message 10: by Heather (new)

One of my favorite quotes comes from this book. I'll go post it in the quotes section.

message 11: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments I am a fantasy geek and very used to different magic systems and Kate Daniels was still hard for me to grasp.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 185 comments I actaully read The Edge before the Kate Daniels series and initially had a hard time with the first KD book.....and put it down a couple of times before I finished it. It is now one of my favorite series....
I am really looking forward to Williams story and also glad that we get to see what is going on with Rose, Declan and the boys ;-)

message 13: by Heather (new)

Is anyone going to remind me who William is? I'm lost!

message 14: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments He was the brother to the main character in the first book if I remember right.

message 15: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Lol, sorry Heather. No, William was the guy she was going to date before Declan. He and Declan had some sort of rivalry, but I can't really remember anything else. It's been a while.

message 16: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Looks like maybe we need to re-read this book to find out. lol

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 185 comments Heather wrote: "Is anyone going to remind me who William is? I'm lost!"

William was the wolf changeling....was a soldier with Declan until they had a falling out......

message 18: by Heather (new)

I think I'll just hope that it comes back to me in the first few pages. =) I'm sure it will once I figure out which one of you is right. Thanks guys.

message 19: by Heather (new)

Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2) by Ilona Andrews was cute!

message 20: by Zuleika (new)

Zuleika Aah, I love these series (or pretty much anything Ilona Andrews do)! Both of them mix urbanfantasy and romance perfectly, so despite having a fast-paced action-filled plot, there is still plenty of romance and 'happy sigh'/'butterflies everywhere' moments. And the main characters are all kick-ass. These series are funny and exciting and STEAMY, so I recommend it to everybody :)

I liked the second book a lot more, because it seemed a bit more...wild? With the setting (the swamp) and the main characters (William being a shifter, and tending to think like one). Also I liked that a lot of the book was from William's POV. If I recall correctly, in this first book we hardly ever got to hear Declan's thoughts

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 185 comments I really liked this one and it did seem a bit more wild then the first

message 22: by Heather (new)

Hillbillies... swampbillies? Anyone from LA have a term for them? Maybe Swamp Rats is the actual term.

message 23: by Paula (new)

Paula (pauldajo) I just started Bayou Moon. I'm liking it so far (only on page 20). The writing is good and I like the new characters. I didn't like On the Edge near as much as I did the Kate Daniels series, so I wasn't sure that I'd read Bayou Moon. I am so glad that I decided to read it.

message 24: by Sam (new)

Sam | 88 comments Fate's Edge is due to come out in November!

Looking forward to it

message 25: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I really liked Fate's Edge, I thought it was the funniest one of the 3 so far. I loved that Jack and George were a big part of the story.

message 26: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments I want to give these another try all i know is the begining of the first one was talking about something strange growing on someones face or something and I just put it down I wasnt in the mood for anything like that.

message 27: by Paula (new)

Paula (pauldajo) The first book in The Edge series is my least favorite, but even a 'bad' Andrews book isn't really bad. I really liked 'Bayou Moon'. I've just started 'Fate's Edge'. Seems like a good story. George and Jack haven't made an apprearance yet. I expect I'll enjoy the story. Currently I'm disliking Audrey's family.

message 28: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I know what you mean about Audrey's family Paula! They are a waste of air!!

message 29: by Shera (Book Whispers) (last edited Dec 27, 2011 08:05PM) (new)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments All right let me know if I'm spamming this I just don't want any of you guys to miss out on this it only lasts to weeks.

Ilona Andrew fans take note!!!

What is this? This is that novella we kept promising you. It’s about 35,000 words long so about a third of a book and it’s yours free.

This novella takes place at the same time as Andrea’s book, right after MAGIC SLAYS, and the two stories intersect.

Synopsis:

A dinner date after a hard day at work sounds heavenly. Of course, when that date is between the Beast Lord and Kate Daniels, things don’t go as planned. Before you know it, undead are running amok, heads are being chopped off, lawyers are deployed and used with extereme prejudice, and drunk vikings are calling people out.

Read at your own risk.

The have Kindle, Epub, and PDF plus a few other ones!!Free my peeps, free!!
http://www.ilona-andrews.com/2011/12/...