Start by marking “Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2)

Bayou Moon

(The Edge #2)

4.10  ·  Rating details ·  24,011 ratings  ·  1,471 reviews
The Edge lies between worlds, on the border between the Broken, where people shop at Walmart and magic is a fairytale–and the Weird, where blueblood aristocrats rule, changelings roam, and the strength of your magic can change your destiny…

Cerise Mar and her unruly clan are cash poor but land rich, claiming a large swathe of the Mire, the Edge swamplands between the state
Mass Market Paperback, 447 pages
Published September 28th 2010 by Ace (first published September 1st 2010)

·  24,011 ratings  ·  1,471 reviews

Start your review of Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2)
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
🔫 Of Guns and Walmarts Buddy Rererereread (OGaWBR™) with the IA Addicts 🔫

And the moral of this rerereread is: see moral of previous rereread.

And the other moral of this rerereread is: see other moral of previous rereread.

And the other, other moral of this rerereread is: it is a truth universally acknowledged that the courtroom scene in this book is the best thing since sliced bread chopped off puny humans. And that it's funny as fish, no matter how many times you rerererereread it.

And t
Robin (Bridge Four)
Yes, I am reading this again....Yes, I just read this like 6 months ago....No, I am not sorry because WILLIAM

Ilona Andrews is just that author that everytime I reread a book I seem to enjoy it just as much if not more. Each read is like coming home to my favorite world full of magic and characters that I can't wait to spend time with.

Re-reading with all my fellow addicts at Ilona Andrews Addicts (IAA)

2nd Read

Buddy Read/reread beginning January 26 with all my fellow addicts at Ilona Andrews Addi
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
In this second volume of THE EDGE series Ilona Andrews dives full-on into bayou urban fantasy realness. The Edge is a semi-magical border land between our normal world and an alternative version called the Weird, with kingdoms, swords and magic - both good and highly evil. Cerise Mar is part of the Mar clan, a powerful family in the Mire, a swampland in the Edge where family vendettas are a way of life.

When Cerise's parents disappear, it seems like it's part of the ongoing feud between the Mars
carol.
Apr 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Ilona Andrews books are the work of a solid writing team, and though I tend to avoid most paranormal romance, I thought it was time to give their Edge series a try. On the Edge went well, though it seemed a bit Kate Daniels Lite--milk chocolate version. Bayou Moon, on the other hand, is Kate Daniels Special Dark--dark chocolate version.

It begins with William, the wolf-shape changer from On the Edge. It's a couple years later and he's hanging in the Broken, working flooring jobs and drinking beer
Jilly
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reread with the IAA group.
Huh, I liked the first book a little better with the reread, but this one I liked a little less the second reading. I still liked it, but I think I remembered it a little too fondly for it to hold up.

I'm a moody complicated reader.

Original review:

If someone had asked him yesterday morning what hell looked like, he would've said he didn't know. He'd spent 24 hours in the swamp, and now he had an answer. Hell looked like the Mire.

This urban (more like rural) fantasy i
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
So here's the problem with Ilona rereads--I have a vague recollection of not liking this book as much as I usually like an Ilona book (still liked it, of course, but I think we've established that Ilona operates under a different set of standards), but I cannot, for the life of me, remember why . . .

Not much of a problem, I know (that's the point).

So we're back in the Edge. With William this time.<-----that's right, there's a POV change. FYI.

Two years have passed since we were last in the Edge,
Holly
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it

It's been three years since I read the first book in this series. I am not sure why I didn't continue on with it seeing as I love this author (actually a husband/wife co-writing duo). I think it's the weird Louisiana bayou/backwater hick/twisted magic vibe that I don't particularly care for. I prefer their books set in major cities apparently; see: Kate Daniels series in Atlanta and the Hidden Legacy series in Houston. But despite not warming up to the setting, I am still rounding this
Nicole
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was honestly worried before reading this book. You know those romance series that each book is about a character that we met somewhere in the first/previous book? I'm not a fan.

But well, I didn't need to. It's Ilona Andrews and she has yet to disappoint me. I really enjoyed this book, maybe not as much as On the Edge but still a lot. I'm interested in reading Kaldar's story. He sounds fun and cool. He's my favorite of Cerise's family.

I'm not a romance fan. Thankfully, Bayou Moon didn't focus
Anne
Jun 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Ilona Andrew fans

Is there such a thing as a bad Ilona Andrews book?
Nah.

description

This maybe wasn't my favorite, but, to me, these guys always write a quality story. Even if it isn't mind-blowing, it's still like chocolate to me. Is some chocolate better than other chocolate?
Yes, of course!
But any chocolate is still chocolate.
Delicious, delicious chocolate...

description

And that's how I felt about Bayou Moon. Not my favorite, but it filled my craving for an Ilona book.
*shrugs*
If you've read the 1st Edge novel then you mig
Choko
*** 4.35 ***

I think I liked this book better than the first one! There is not much difference between the two leading ladies, but this book took advantage of the reader already being familiar with the rules of the world and its magic, so not so much time was devoted to the world building and that left more pages for fighting and family drama. And it is good! I loved the swamp, Everglades feel to the terrain in which a big family, land rich and money poor, lives by fighting to survive in the "mud
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
5 IA Can Do No Wrong Stars

Re-read with the awesome IAA gang.

I was sooooooooooo late for this. I barely finished before the 3rd book BR started BUT it was awesome so I regret nothing!xx

***************************************************

I think IA is gradually becoming my favorite author!! Once again I loved her book. William was... Well Meg Ryan can show you!

Cerise...

Cerise was a very likable heroine. She is smart, responsible, loyal and pretty. I like the fact that although IA gives her heroines
Kat Kennedy
Nov 24, 2010 rated it liked it
It's hard to categorize how I felt about Bayou Moon.

On one hand I absolutely loved it. I loved the relationship between Cerise and William. I did adore Declan from On The Edge, but I loved William's vulnerability and dedication more. Reading and seeing William find his happily ever after was absolutely delightful.

[image error]
Also, werewolves are kind of awesome...

But between bouts of schizophrenic awesomeness were periods of meh. Let me try to explain. Most of this novel was just so great that
Deborah Obida
Apr 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I've read lots of PNR books and none is as good as Ilona Andrews, this series is one of their first and I can see lots of improvement in their new series so I won't critic this too much cause they have indeed improved.

I have just two issues with this book, the insta love even though it was well executed was somewhat rushed. The second is the ending, lots of things happened in just a short time, it was rushed it would have been better if it was longer.

The writing and the setting is to die for, th
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
William's story lived up to my expectations. He is a very cool character that more or less stole the show from the hero in On the Edge. Not that Declan wasn't a perfectly good hero. Well, he was a bit more 'golden boy' than I like my heroes. But he worked for Rose. As for personal taste, I go with William!

What can I say? I like 'em edgy. I appreciated how the Andrews shaped Williams character and showed all his textures and layers. One would think that a changeling would be a pretty basic guy,
Melanie
1.) On the Edge ★★★★

Buddy Read with Ilona Andrews Addicts (IAA)!

I originally wanted to read these books, because while reading Sweep in Peace my friends kept telling me about the crossover of characters from this series. So once I finished On the Edge I was completely in love with Jack and George! But then I was like, "Where is Gaston and Lark/Sophie?" Well, in this installment of the series I got to finally learn about them! They both completely won me over, but man did Lark completely pull at
new_user
Jun 14, 2010 rated it liked it
I had too-high hopes for Bayou Moon. That must be it, right?

I've been anticipating Moon since On the Edge. William's wolfy thought-processes are endearing, and he's just vulnerable enough without stepping into woe-is-me territory, even if he does think to himself one time too many that he's not worthy. He's earned at least that much, maintaining his humanity despite rearing as a child soldier at Hawk's Academy.

Female lead Cerise similarly bears up under pressure in the swamp as head of some two
Melindam
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Dear Ilona Andrews aka Ilona & Gordon!

What can I say? I love you and I am so happy you are there for us writing these awesome stories.

I became totally indifferent to the terrible covers (though this is not the worst by far - that title still goes to the otherwise wondrous series of Hidden Legacy). :)))))

Yours in gratitude and reverence,

Melindam
Mrs. Badass
Jan 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
447 pages...woah. A Long book!

4 Stars this was a great read!

I can't classify The Edge Series. It isn't Urban, it isn't Paranormal. It isn't Romance.

I could try to classify this book as 'Swampy Magical Fantasy', but I doubt there are other books out there that would fit into this new category. I suppose I could agree with Gordon and say it is Rustic Fantasy. I think it suits this particular story anyway.

Ilona and Gordon have written a complex miasma filled with Political Intrigue, Fantastic M
Orient
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Action lovers
Recommended to Orient by: Milda Page Runner
Uncertainty, Trap, Fantasy, Mystery,Adventure, Betrayal, Love. All these I once again found in I. Andrews book. And the main badass survived. Awesome! I think this story was more engaging than the first one. Though it started out slow, the authors fully drew me into the fascinating world of this book and led me through the story in a way that I didn't want to put the book down and I just wondered what the characters' next adventure will be.The world building really enchants with new creatures, n ...more
Rachel Reads Ravenously
DNF about 50% in

There's nothing wrong with this book, but I've listen to about 8 hours out of 15 on audio, and I don't love it. Started out great, but sadly, I am not invested in the characters or the story.
AH
Jun 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
There are a lot of things that I enjoyed about Bayou Moon. The world building was incredible. Ilona Andrews (and her husband Gordon) are a very imaginative duo. When they build a world, they fully immerse the reader in that world. Bayou Moon is a world of swamps, mud, strange creatures, eccentric characters, and magic.

Bayou Moon takes place two years after On the Edge. For those who have not read these books, The Edge is a place that exists as kind of a buffer zone between our world (The Broken
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Ilona Andrews has to be my between my most favorite authors because I’ve yet to read one of her books and rate it under four stars. I absolutely love this woman. No wait, let me rephrase. I absolutely love this team (since Mr. Gordon is helping with the books as well).

As you probably know, I am not a Romance chick. I actually can say that I kind of hate the Romance genre. I can count on one hand the total number of Romance books I actually liked. But The Edge, my friends… this is the way I like
Wanda
2020 Re-Read

The first book of the series was based on Cinderella. This one starts as The Taming of the Shrew and ends as Beauty and the Beast. During the first section of the book, we have changeling William, feeling sorry for himself, getting a new assignment, and then trying to conceal his furry nature from Cerise. She is undercover as a homeless person, on her way home to the Mire. She has a sharp intelligence, a sharp wit, and unfortunately a sharp odour as part of her disguise. She is also
Lisa Kay
Louisiana Bayou, by artist Bettie Jean Bordelon
description

★★★½ This is one of those books that I’ll probably re-read in a year or two and LOVE. Right now it hasn’t been fitting my mood, causing me to take forever to read it. Maybe the labyrinthine twists and turns of the Louisiana Bayou are the perfect setting for the Byzantine-like world that is presented in this one, book #2 of The Edge series. I absolutely loved the first, On the Edge, which was a total surprise. I remember trying to pick up all th
Shandra
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Initial thoughts: Another Ilona Andrews book I thoroughly enjoyed!!! I liked this one better than the last Edge book, which I totally loved. Review to come.

Review:

Actual rating: 4 I-Always-Leave-IA-Books-Feeling-Happy stars. No story spoilers.

Content photo: Lady and the tramp: sleeping tumblr_lk1c582Sz91qh7ceyo1_500.gif

I've read plenty of IA books at this point. I've yet to write a "real" review for one. I always end up gushing. SorryNotSorry. I love the way they write. It hits that booknerd happy spot inside me. You know exactly what I'm talking about. That spot dee
Kathleen
(Contents: one fairly quick sex scene, violence, lots of gruesome gore, minimal swearing, if any)

Of the four books in the series, I like Bayou Moon best. Originally, I only gave Bayou Moon 4 stars, but I have boosted it to 5 because I keep going back to re-read it, in parts or whole. Each time I read it, the plot with the red burial shroud moss gets better. And I love William, aka Lord Bill, the secret agent changeling wolf.

CHARACTERS: William (aka Lord Bill) is a changeling wolf. His mother g
Jo

08/02/2016 Buddy read with my fellow IA addicts over at IAA b/c they are hilarious and make this already fantastic series just more fun!

Cerise Mar is from The Edge, which lies between the Broken, a non-magic world, and the Weird, where magic rules. Her family is money poor but land rich, and has been in a life-long feud with the Sheerile family. Now Lagar Sheerile has claimed ownership of her grandparents house, and her mother and father has been taken by the Hand, spies who has no problem kill

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)

In the second book on Ilona Andrews The Edge series, we focus on William Wolf, whom we meet in On the Edge. As a Changeling William has never been shown much affection or kindness, most people are afraid of him, sensing the lethal animal just inside his human skin. For this reason, he is asked to do one last mission before he is left alone in the Edge. This leads him to meet Cerise, an Edger and the newly made head of her large and crazy family now that her parents have been taken by the sam
Emma
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I gave the first in the series 4 stars as well, but I think I actually prefer the second story in the series even though I didn't think I would do, as I wasn't convinced about William as the main love interest (this from his bit Part in the first book). However, it all turned out well!
What I like about this book, series and Ilona Andrews books in general, is that the romance is great but it never overwhelms a well thought out fantasy world and plot. This book actually saw an awful lot of violen
Jaela
Feb 13, 2016 rated it liked it
I hate giving 3 stars to one of IA's books , but it was slow. It was very good, it had its funny moments, but something was lacking. I dunno.Maybe it's just me :/

"Are you rich?
Are you, by the way?”
“No,” William said.
“Married?”
“No.”
“Well, one out of two isn’t bad. Rich and unmarried
would be perfect, married and poor would be two strikes out, nothing good there. Poor and
unmarried, I can work with that.

I can't deny that there were some steamy scenes...and heart-warming moments:

“I told you I was
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Bayou Moon [June 4, 2018] 15 19 Jun 15, 2018 06:15PM
Lovers of Paranor...: Bayou Moon (The Edge #2) by Ilona Andrews 7 31 Dec 23, 2013 04:59PM
Ilona Andrews Fans: * Bayou Moon (Book 2) 21 111 Jan 24, 2013 12:28PM

• Curran POV Collection
  • Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, #3)
  • Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2)
  • Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4)
  • Murder of Crows (The Others, #2)
  • River Marked (Mercy Thompson, #6)
  • Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)
  • Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8)
  • Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1)
  • Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, #5)
  • Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2)
  • Pathfinder's Way (The Broken Lands, #1)
  • Age of Deception (The Firebird Chronicles, #2)
  • Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9)
  • Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7)
  • Curran (Curran POV #1-2)
  • Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3; Mercy Thompson World - Complete #9)
Ilona Andrews is the pseudonym for a husband-and-wife writing team. Ilona is a native-born Russian and Gordon is a former communications sergeant in the U.S. Army. Contrary to popular belief, Gordon was never an intelligence officer with a license to kill, and Ilona was never the mysterious Russian spy who seduced him. They met in college, in English Composition 101, where Ilona got a better grade ...more

The Edge (4 books)
  • On the Edge (The Edge, #1)
  • Fate's Edge (The Edge, #3)
  • Steel's Edge (The Edge, #4)