Delirity discussion

Author C > The Infernal Devices - C. Clare

Comments Showing 1-50 of 102 (102 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jasmine (last edited Feb 16, 2011 06:11PM) (new)

message 2: by Jasmine (last edited Aug 23, 2010 03:17PM) (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I'm debating wether I should buy The Clockwork Angel in hardback or as an ebook. . .hmmm. I have TMI series as hardcovers, and since TID relates to those I feel like the series should be on my real-life-bookshelf as well. . .plus the cover for Clockwork Angel is so pretty! I really don't have room on my bookshelf for any more books though. I guess I can just do some rearranging and try to make room. . .decisions decisions

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments Got my pre-order coming soon!

message 4: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Mine was pre-ordered long ago. :)

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
I did mine this weekend.

message 6: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Jasmine, keep in mind there will be at least 3 more TMI books to add to your bookshelf. So if you do get this hardcover, that will be at least 6 more.

message 7: by Heather (last edited Aug 24, 2010 12:10AM) (new)

Ya, also remember you're going to have to come back and update the site since you started the thread.Although, it'll be a while until you have to worry about that. =)

message 8: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Well there's only a total of 3 Infernal Devices books so I won't have to update it. :D Cassandra is also coming out with three "city" books so that'd be a completely different thread. =]

message 9: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Yeah, sorry. I meant if Jasmine buys the ID hardcovers, she will also have the next three TMI hardcovers to buy as well. The next 3 Mortal Instruments books are part of the original series, where these 3 are prequels.

message 10: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I knew what you meant Carrie, lol. That was directed at Heather. :D And I think I'm going to end up buying them, hehe. They are just too pretty!

message 11: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments I'm buying them too. ;)

message 12: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Hehe, I love Clare's books and covers. They are some of my favorites. =]

message 13: by Heather (new)

That's what I thought, but Carrie's comment made me think there were more. Worried me for a minute.

message 14: by Heather (new)

I will not look. I will not look. I'm trying really hard to not know what it's going to be about and here you are tempting me. Evil Amy.

message 15: by Angela (new)

Angela B Um...I didn't like the commercial at all, I actually want to read the book less after seeing it...

Did anyone else think it was not so great?

message 16: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I didn't care for it all that much. I don't think it was THAT bad, like how I thought the trailer for Perfect Chemistry was, but it wasn't great either.

message 17: by Heather (new)

My book came today, but sadly couldn't be started immediately. I'm happy to have it though.

message 18: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments My book hasn't even shipped yet. Grrrrrr.

message 19: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I haven't even ordered it yet. =X

message 20: by Angela (new)

Angela B I'm with Jasmine I haven't ordered mine, a little low on funds and not low on books, but I am going to read this for the new release challenge so I will have to get it at some point here

message 21: by Heather (new)

Now that I have it I'm not sure if I want to read it quickly or take my time.

message 22: by Jen (new)

Jen Heather wrote: "Now that I have it I'm not sure if I want to read it quickly or take my time."

I have that issue w/certain books as well. I've had Mockingjay sitting on my shelf for a week now, but I don't want to start it yet b/c then it'll be over. :/

message 23: by Heather (new)

I'm debating on whether to take a page from Georgina Kincaid and read a certain amount at a time. Instead of 5 pgs, maybe a chapter a day. I'm likely to cheat though.

message 24: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Ahaah, I probably won't have that restraint. :D If I go to fast I'll just reread it after and then take my time, LOL.

and I have Mockingjay too, but I don't want to read it because people say that the ending is sad so I'm scared. =/ I really don't want to read it because I'm scared Peeta and Katniss won't end up together, or one will die. . .=/

&&I'm not low on funds, lol. I just have wayyyy to many books that I need to read that I already own.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments I should be getting this in the mail today, but probably won't get to it until this weekend.

Jasmine, you should just take the plunge with Mockingjay. The book is dark and sad, but it ends with hope.

message 26: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Ohh, that's good! That's also weird thought, because I've read the ending is sad due to stuff that happens. O.o loll, odd.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments Oh, there is plenty of sad. Gah, I can't say any more without giving spoilers. There is both good and bad in the book, and there was no way to get around having people that you care about being killed off, but not everyone important dies either.

message 28: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I understand about the spoilers, loll. I don't expect you to be able to say all that much. :D I don't mind if people are killed off. I just don't want Peeta or Katniss to die, =X. I guess I'll just have to read and find out, lol. I will try and get to it soon.

message 29: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments I don't know when I will be reading CA. My bff wants me to wait and read it with her. This weekend we are reading Mockingjay and we live a couple hours away from eachother so I don't know when we will read CA.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments I'm not in a huge hurry to read the book, but I'm really bummed at B&N for the way they handle pre-orders for hardback.

They need to offer whatever basic shipping and if it takes 3 days, they need to ship it 3 days prior to release date. I shouldn't have to pay a crapton of extra money to get my preorder shipped to me on release date.

The book was shipped on the 30th and still hasn't arrived as of today's mail. I am just about to finish up a stack of library books and actually have some breathing room before the next couple have to go back (for once, which is rare), and was hoping to get around to this book over the weekend.

I'd advise against using B&N for preorders (unless you own a Nook, which is instant). They seem to take longer than Amazon.

message 31: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments =/ For me B&N is quick with the preorders. I don't know if I just don't mind the fact that it take two or three days to ship or it just takes long to ship to your house for some reason. I love B&N so much so I have to put my two cents in when the company is being put down. ;) hehe

message 32: by Angela (new)

Angela B I have always used Amazon for pre-orders and I know they do a great job, I don't know how b&n does though

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments I don't have an issue with B&N in general. I even own a Nook, so they get a lot of my business. They just don't seem to work well for my pre-orders.

message 34: by Angela (new)

Angela B I bought Clockwork Angel at Target lastnight and am so happy to have it even though it'll be awhile until I read it because I need to get my library pile done

message 35: by Heather (new)

I'm reading a chapter a day if any of you want to join my and take there time. I actually forgot to read a chapter yesterday, but I kind of snuck 2 in the day I got it so it balances out.

message 36: by Angela (new)

Angela B I don't like reading more then one book at a time so I won't be able to join you cuz I can't have it take that long to read :) but I hope you love it :)

message 37: by Heather (new)

No problem. I normally prefer to just get books over with, but I can read either way. I read 100 pages a year in War and Peace until I finished it. =) Still remembered the beginning 10 years later.

message 38: by Angela (new)

Angela B that's cool :)

message 39: by Heather (new)

I have a feeling I'll either forget one day and not pick it back up for a few months, or cave and finish it all.

message 40: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Heather how's your chapter a day coming? I would do it, but I know I couldn't. I take what reading time I can when I get it, lol.

I am on chapter 11, and so far I am enjoying it. I don't think I'm enjoying it as much as CoB though. It's hard to tell because I read CoB and CoA together, so I wonder how I would have felt about CoB if I hadn't.

***SPOILER*** for up to chapter 11

I loved when Magnus said to Tessa that black hair and blue eyes were his favourite. ROFL!

So far Will is like a Jace on steroids. He has his snarkiness (how the heck do you spell that, lol?), but his attitude is jacked up 100%. I don't really feel that the other characters are similar to the others though. Although, they do have their similarities in ages and sex, their personalities are different.

message 41: by Heather (new)

I'm going to have to speed through it in a day or two since there's a discussion going on with Claire in a few days. I need to have read the book first. =)

message 42: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments She's a lot of fun! I missed the last MMs chat with her. I won a signed CoG poster at my last chat with her.

message 43: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments I'm loving it will finish today :)

message 44: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Heather, on what site will the discussion be?

message 45: by Heather (new)

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/3...

Jasmine, your photo messes with my head. For some reason I thought of you as a blonde. Nothing stereotypical, s o don't worry about that.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments I keep wanting to pick this up, but Soulless is overdue, so I'm going to try to push through Soulless tonight and start CA tomorrow.

message 47: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments LOL. Do you know many blonde Jasmines?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments Jasmine will always sound like a brunette name to me. The cartoon movie Aladdin cemented that in my head.

message 49: by Heather (new)

No. The only Jasmine I knew was a bunny to be honest. I'm not sure why I had blonde in my head, but it was there.

message 50: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments ahah, people say I think like that Jasmine because I'm Indian with dark hair. :D

« previous 1 3