Fantastic Fantasy and Science Fiction discussion

I Got Most Of It, But... > Have you read a series that you loved but did not understand everything that was going on?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 109 comments Mod
I loved Anne Bishop's Black Jewels series but I won't lie, I did not get some of the stuff that was going on. It would have been so helpful to have a map that showed were each queen resided. It took several books to understand how they rode webs. That is just one of the things I did not understand. I am still not really sure where that dragon fits into everything. What about you? Have you read a series where you accept what you don't get and move on?

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) Hi Im sandi & new to the group..I have alot of the series mentioned here ..just havent had time to get into them. I have read & re-read Elizabeth Haydonseries..but always get stuck at the 4th book...its not so much the time-shifting..as the understanding of the beliefs & world building ..it just seems confusing..otherwise great romance..suspense..anybody finish this series?

message 3: by jD (new)

Sandi wrote: "Hi Im sandi & new to the group..I have alot of the series mentioned here ..just havent had time to get into them. I have read & re-read Elizabeth Haydonseries..but always get stuck ..."

Is this "Sympony of Ages" series complete? I noticed there are four books so far. I don't want to get into a "Legend of the Seeker" or "Buffy" that goes on forever. It looks like a series I would like based on what I just read about the books.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) When I came across this group..I said finally a group that has all the sci-fi/fantasy books that I have!
I would love to re-read these books again..maybe a group read? or buddy? it helps when you can talk about parts your confused about. but I have gotten to the 4th...and it is a really good series! the books are as follows Rhapsody: Child of Blood then Prophecy: Child of Earth thenDestiny: Child of the Sky thenRequiem for the Sun then Elegy for a Lost Star and the final book The Assassin King ( couldnt get this one to show up) I belive this will be the last book..written in 2006..and the authors website is gone..and hasnt written anything since. unless anyone has heard something?

message 5: by Sonya (new)

Sonya | 11 comments JD - I just love, love, love the Black Jewels trilogy. Then there were a few I wasn't crazy about and the last two I liked. Anyway, anytime you want to talk about that series I'm game.

I know, I'm off topic. Series, that I didn't follow...I've read the original six Dune books several times...but I'm still not sure what was going on with the Duncan reincarnations (I think it was Duncan).

message 6: by jD (new)

Sonya wrote: "JD - I just love, love, love the Black Jewels trilogy. Then there were a few I wasn't crazy about and the last two I liked. Anyway, anytime you want to talk about that series I'm game.

I know..."

I feel you on Dune. I read the first one in HS so I would be familar with it before the movie was made. I am talking Sting was in that movie (oops...i am telling my age). The movie cleared up quite a bit for me so I kept reading in college. Then got interested in supense and mysteries. I have not even posted all of those books to my list of books I have read...whew. Off topic...sorry.