Bookbuying Anonymous discussion

General > Books You Have Bought

Comments (showing 1-50 of 982) (982 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 19 20

message 1: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) Tell all the goodies you've bought recently.

message 2: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (Elven) Love is the Higher Law, Evermore, Eclipse, Carved in Bone... and prolly some others that are packed away right now. My parents got me a Kindle for my graduation present... this is going to be dangerous.

message 3: by Wendy T (new)

Wendy T None for me this week. Maybe next week.

message 4: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) Nothing for me either. Hope some exciting parcel comes to my door next week!

message 5: by Beth (new)

Beth Dawkins | 7 comments hmmm... I have a stack of books I have bought and need to read. Not buying more until the stack is at least halfway knocked out. Sounds kind of bad.

message 6: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (SuzanneRamos) | 18 comments A bunch...will post later...thanks for inviting me to the group :)

message 7: by Debi (last edited May 09, 2010 05:33PM) (new)

Debi (DebJM51) | 445 comments This is what I picked up at a book sale yesterday for charity and for $4.

The Reef by Nora Roberts, Born in Ice (Born In trilogy #2)  by Nora Roberts, Public Secrets by Nora Roberts, Table For Two (Great Chefs #1 & 2) by Nora Roberts Reunion (2-in-1) by Nora Roberts, Sara's Angel by Sharon Sala, The Justice Way (3-in-1) by Sharon Sala, Dark Water by Sharon Sala, Storm Warning by Dinah McCall, Man With A Past by Jayne Ann Krentz, Raven's Prey  by Jayne Ann Krentz, Ricochet by Sandra Brown, Envy by Sandra Brown, Unspeakable by Sandra Brown, The Harbor by Carla Neggers, Colder Than Ice (Mordecai Young, #2) by Maggie Shayne, Flesh and Stone (Les Gargouillen, 2) by Vickie Taylor, Exit Music (Inspector Rebus, #17) by Ian Rankin, Lightkeeper by Susan Wiggs, Hurricane Bay by Heather Graham, Wicked (Regency Trilogy, #1) by Shannon Drake, Rapid Descent by Gwen Hunter, Inferno by Karen Harper, The Other Daughter by Lisa Gardner, 92 Pacific Boulevard (Cedar Cove Series, #11) by Debbie Macomber, Paper Moon Book One of The Moonstruck Series (Windsor, Linda) by Linda Windsor, Castles in the Mist by Josie Litton, Home for the Holidays by Johanna Lindsey, The Star Witch (Fyne Witches, #3) by Linda Winstead Jones, Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian, #1) by Keri Arthur

message 8: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (Ru44) Looks like you got some good ones Debi. I count down the days until our big book sale in town. I always go twice - once the first day so that I can get what I have been looking for and once the last day because you can get all you want for $5.00. LOVE book sales;)))

message 9: by Debi (new)

Debi (DebJM51) | 445 comments Our book sales only last for 1 day so we go in the afternoon and get what deals we can..LOL!! I got lucky this time around and picked up some good books cheap..smiles.

message 10: by Kristina (new)

Kristina Weber, Ph.D. (kristinaweber) OMG... I went to a book sale at Follett (a book distributor) yesterday, and I spent $31. The books were $.25 a piece. Oops. I need to buy some bookcases now! :)

message 11: by Debi (new)

Debi (DebJM51) | 445 comments Kristina you sound like me..smiles. I just bought a new 5 shelf bookcase and I just finished filling it up after yesterdays load..LOL!!

message 12: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 32 comments Debi, looks like a great buy! I went through my Nora Roberts phase after reading Midnight Bayou and then seemed to have bought every NR book I could find. LOL.

This past week I have purchased: (yard sale/thrift store/Borders)

Tempt Me At Twilight- Lisa Kleypas
Smooth Talking Stranger- Lisa Kleypas
Someone to Watch Over Me- Lisa Kleypas
Again the Magic- Lisa Kleypas
The Lost Duke of Wyndham- Julia Quinn
A Rogues's Game- Renee Bernard
One Night with a Spy- Celeste Bradley
Wicked Becomes You- Meredith Duran
Every Breath You Take- Judith McNaught
Pink Slipp- Rita Ciresi

message 13: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (ccgreene) Debi wrote: "Kristina you sound like me..smiles. I just bought a new 5 shelf bookcase and I just finished filling it up after yesterdays load..LOL!!"

You did get some really good books. If I wasn't up to my eyeballs in books still to go through from MIL I would be jealous... ;)

message 14: by Amber I. (AwesomeSauce Book Club) (last edited May 10, 2010 04:55PM) (new)

Amber I. (AwesomeSauce Book Club) (awesomesaucebookclub) | 9 comments Just in the month of May I have bought..
Succubus on Top by Richelle Mead
Thorn Queen by Richelle Mead
My Soul To Save by Rachel Vincent
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr
Succubus Dreams by Richelle Mead
Stray by Rachel Vincent
Sookie Stackhouse 10 by Charlaine Harris
Spirit Bound (preorder should be coming May 18).by Richelle Mead

I think that is it so far from May 1 to May 10.. I know I will be getting more soon. And these I have all bought on amazon.

message 15: by Trish (new)

Trish I bought these titles last week and added them to my already overflowing bookshelf.

The Year of Fog
Diary of a Mad Bride
Asking for Trouble
Me & Emma

And my MIL shared this one with me.
Trevor's Song: The Miraculous True Story of God's Healing Power After a Tragic Farm Accident

message 16: by Debi (new)

Debi (DebJM51) | 445 comments Chasidy wrote: "Debi, looks like a great buy! I went through my Nora Roberts phase after reading Midnight Bayou and then seemed to have bought every NR book I could find. LOL.

This past week I hav..."

I have been buying up all her books I can and then I think I will go on a Nora Reading frenzy..LOL!!! I got hook with the Three Sisters Island Trilogy..smiles.

message 17: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (SuzanneRamos) | 18 comments You've got a great selection of books there...I look forward to reading your reviews :)

message 18: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) I recently bought:
Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris Afraid by Jack Kilborn & Hunted (House of Night, #5) by P.C. Cast

message 19: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (SuzanneRamos) | 18 comments Sorry, I forgot to specify: the above post was for Debi...also, with Nora Roberts, you usually can't go wrong :)

Amber and Chasidy, you have some books that I definitely am going to add to my to-read list very, very soon :)

message 20: by Chasidy (last edited May 10, 2010 04:52PM) (new)

Chasidy | 32 comments Amber- I need to go and pick up Succubus on Top.
Suzanne- Add away, my friend!

message 21: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (SuzanneRamos) | 18 comments Okay, I know when you guys look at this post, your eyes are gonna pop out, but this list represents several months of bookbuying...some of the books were purchased at my favorite local used book store (which has really great deals), some were bought at the library (3 paperbacks for a $1.00, hardbacks also $1.00), some were bought at Barnes and Noble or Borders (the majorit weren't), and some were bought at Target, which has some awesome prices for books :) So take a look at my list and if you have any opinions on any of the books on my list, feel free to comment :)

The Bride Finder by Susan Carroll
A Very Unusual Governess by Sylvia Andrew
The Maiden's Abduction by Juliet Landon
Born in Fire by Nora Roberts
Born in Ice by Nora Roberts
Born in Shame by Nora Roberts
Three to Get Deadly by Janet Evanovich
Four to Score by Janet Evanovich
Hot Six by Janet Evanovich
Seven Up by Janet Evanovich
Hard Eight by Janet Evanovich
To the Nines by Janet Evanovich
Wishes by Jude Deveraux
The Survivor's Club by Lisa Gardner
Twice Upon Time by Nina Beaumont
The Dark on the Other Side by Barbara Michaels
Knight's Honor by Suzanne Barclay
Lady in Disguise by Amanda McCabe
Dragon's Daughter by Catherine Archer
The Knave and the Maiden
The Virtuous Knight by Margo Maguire
Seneca Surrender by Gen Bailey
Black Eagle by Gen Bailey
A Perfect Hero by Samantha James
Heaven on Earth by Constance O'Day Flannery
Forbidden by Elizabeth Lowell
Untamed by Elizabeth Lowell
Enchanted by Elizabeth Lowell
Time After Time by Constance O'Day Flannery
Prince of Dreams by Lisa Kleypas
A Lady's Guide to Improper Behavior by Suzanne Enoch
Mail-Order Man by Martha Hix
Prairie Ecstasy by Elizabeth Leigh
My Runaway Heart by Miriam Minger
Wild Roses by Miriam Minger
Wideacre by Phillippa Gregory
The Boelyn Inheritance by Phillipa Gregory
The Other Queen by Phillipa Gregory
Swapping Lives by Jane Green
Evernight by Claudia Gray
Vanished by Karen Robards
Irish Born by Nora Roberts
Vanishing Acts by Jodie Picoult
Mary Poppins in the Park by P.L. Travers
The Ropemaker by Peter Dickinson
Marked by P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast
Betrayed by P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast
Chosen by P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast
Untamed by P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
Annabelle by Beverlee Ross
If I had you by Lynn Kurland
For all the right reasons by Elaine Coffman
The Other Daughter by Lisa Gardner
The Legend MacKinnon by Donna Kauffman
Once More by Colleen Faulkner
The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening by L.J. Smith
The Hourglass by Elizabeth Gage
Blue Smoke by Nora Roberts
The Donovan Legacy by Nora Roberts
Their Wedding Day by Emma Darcy
The Irresistible Prince by Lisa Kaye Laurel
The Worldly Widow by Elizabeth Thornton
Kill and Tell by Linda Howard
Dance with Me by Luanne Rice
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls by Steve Hockensmith
Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella
The Sleeping Doll by Jeffery Deaver
Love's Tender Fury
Oldest Living Confederate Widow Tells All by Allan Gurganus
Lawless by Nora Roberts
Her Majesty's Wizard by Christopher Stasheff
Cheaper by the Dozen by Frank B. Gilbreth, Jr.
Rachel: Springwater Seasons by Linda Lael Miller
Crushed by Laura and Tom McNeal
Pieces of My Sister's Life by Elizabeth Joy Arnold
Hester Dark by Emma Blair
Close to You by Mary Jane Clark
A Love for All Time by Beatrice Small
Fablehaven: Book One by Brandon Mull
Don't Say A Word by Andrew Klavan
Entranced by Nora Roberts
Table for Two by Nora Roberts
Vengeance in Death by J.D. Robb
The MacGregor Grooms by Nora Roberts
Julie and Julia by Julie Powell
Blue Clouds by Patricia Rice
Together Alone by Barbara Delinsky
Beauty from Ashes by Eugenia Price
Cordina's Crown Jewel by Nora Roberts
High Five by Janet Evanovich
Dark Lover by J.R. Ward
The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
Voyager by Diana Galbadon
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
The Morganville Vampires (includes Glass Houses and The Dead Girls' Dance) by Rachel Caine
Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
Persuasion by Jane Austen
Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
The Unknown Ajax by Georgette Heyer
Her Dearest Enemy by Elizabeth Lane
Covington’s Folly by Cindy Holbrook
Forevermore by Jacqueline Marten
English Rose by Jacqueline Marten
Irish Rose by Jacqueline Marten
French Rose by Jacqueline Marten
One Wish by Linda Lael Miller
Everlasting by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss
The Flame and the Flower by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss
Petals on the River by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss
Hearts Divided by Cheryl Briggs
When Sparks Fly by Autumn Dawn
Secrets of the Heart by Cassie Edwards
The Outlaws: Rafe by Connie Mason
Lady Dragon by Jewell Mason
The Emperor’s New Clothes: A Faerie Tale Romance by Victoria Alexander
The Rose and the Shield by Elaine Barbieri
King of Sword and Sky by C.L. Wilson
The Princess and the Pea by Victoria Alexander
To Tempt a Rogue by Connie Mason
The Perfect Wife by Lynsay Sands
Storm by Norah Hess
Promised Splendor by Connie Mason
The Resurrectionist by Wrath James White

Ok, I know I need to belong to a 12 step group...Does anyone know of any in So Cal???

message 22: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 32 comments Holy damn!! I saw that list and I was like, "what?!" Then I realized it was over several months and my list would probably be the exact same way. I noticed you enjoy series books. So do I! I can't stand falling in-love with a character and then them just dropping off the face of the earth. Btw, Suzanne, you need to get on that BDB train PRONTO!!

Amber I. (AwesomeSauce Book Club) (awesomesaucebookclub) | 9 comments The only Nora books I have read are Blood Brothers series I think that's the series name it has The Hollow Pagan Stone and man it I can't think of it.. its been a long day.

message 24: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (SuzanneRamos) | 18 comments I plan on getting on the BDB train very, very soon...I've heard soooooooooooooooooo many people say good things about it :)

message 25: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (SuzanneRamos) | 18 comments The Blood Brothers Series is a good one but my favorite series of her is the Key series (Key of Light, Key of Knowledge and Key of Valor)...hope you check these out, cause I found them to be awesome :)

Amber I. (AwesomeSauce Book Club) (awesomesaucebookclub) | 9 comments I am on the 3rd Succubus book and they are really good. Have you read Richelles Dark Swan books there are two Storm Born and Thorn Queen so so good.

I think I am going to look into more Nora Roberts book, I like a lot of the paranormal things do her books have that, if so any recommendations?

I looked at my amazon acct. And so far in the year 2010 I have bought 50 books, but I got more than that some were bday gifts.

message 27: by Wendy T (new)

Wendy T It's to bad you ladies don't live closer. My Relay for Life team is having a yard sale on Saturday and I'm donating all my books (9 bins of books that I have read) to the sale. I feel that I probably won't re-read any of the books and the money is going to a good cause Cancer. For me this is hitting home right now as my dad was just diagnosed last week with lung cancer and is scheduled within the next two weeks to have one lung removed.

message 28: by Debi (new)

Debi (DebJM51) | 445 comments Suzanne wrote: "You've got a great selection of books there...I look forward to reading your reviews :)"

Hey Suzanne I will let you know when I post up a review..smiles. All those books will take me awhile to read on top of my GR's and Buddy Reads..LOL!!

message 29: by Debi (last edited May 10, 2010 06:57PM) (new)

Debi (DebJM51) | 445 comments Amber wrote: "The only Nora books I have read are Blood Brothers series I think that's the series name it has The Hollow Pagan Stone and man it I can't think of it.. its been a long day."

Hi Amber The Sign of Seven is the name of the NR series your talking about, I have not read it yet but I do own the books..LOL!! My favorite by her so far is The Three Sisters Island Series, this is the trilogy Dance Upon the Air, Heaven and Earth and Face the Fire.

message 30: by Debi (new)

Debi (DebJM51) | 445 comments Wendy T wrote: "It's to bad you ladies don't live closer. My Relay for Life team is having a yard sale on Saturday and I'm donating all my books (9 bins of books that I have read) to the sale. I feel that I probab..."

OMG Wendy I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I hope his surgery goes well!! My dad died of the BIG C and that is why I quit smoking 4 1/2 yrs. ago and do whatever I can for Relay for Life. HHHHHMMM!! We don't have the book sale for Relay for Life. I might bring that one up to the committee next year..smiles.

message 31: by Debi (new)

Debi (DebJM51) | 445 comments Suzanne I am not sure how many books I have bought over the last several months..but I am sure if I haven't past you I really close to what you have there..smiles.

Love Janet Evanovich and been a fan of
Barbara Michaels since I read Houses of Stone. I just bought The Other Daughter by Lisa Gardner, and a few of Jude Deverauxbooks lately. And planning on trying out P.C. Cast House of Nights Series!!!

message 32: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 32 comments Wendy T wrote: "It's to bad you ladies don't live closer. My Relay for Life team is having a yard sale on Saturday and I'm donating all my books (9 bins of books that I have read) to the sale. I feel that I probab..."

Wendy, how I wish I lived closer to you! I could add a few more books to my ever growing library. I am sorry to hear about your father. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. Thankfully they found it early and has recently finished with her treatment. My prayers are with you!

message 33: by Debi (new)

Debi (DebJM51) | 445 comments Amber wrote: "I am on the 3rd Succubus book and they are really good. Have you read Richelles Dark Swan books there are two Storm Born and Thorn Queen so so good.

I think I am going to look into more Nora Rober..."

Amber my favorite one The Three Sisters Island Trilogy by NR is a good Paranormal one about witches..smiles. Also a friend of mine told me about this two trilogies she wrote that are also paranormal.
The Circle Trilogy:
Morrigan's Cross, Valley of Silence and Dance of the Gods
And
In The Garden Series:
Blue Dahlia,Black Rose and Red Lily.

Amber I. (AwesomeSauce Book Club) (awesomesaucebookclub) | 9 comments I just bought a box set by JD Ward 6 books for $24J.R. Ward Box Set

message 35: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 32 comments Wow, that's a good price. I bought mine all seperately. Have fun reading them! When are you going to start?

Amber I. (AwesomeSauce Book Club) (awesomesaucebookclub) | 9 comments As soon as I get them. I will keep you posted. I am super excited.

message 37: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 32 comments I'm excited for YOU! I'm actually thinking of re-reading them again. I still haven't read Lover Mine but before I get to that, I want to read all the books again.

Amber I. (AwesomeSauce Book Club) (awesomesaucebookclub) | 9 comments I am now more excited!! I can't wait!

message 39: by MARILYN (new)

MARILYN (MARILYNJ) Wendy T wrote: "It's to bad you ladies don't live closer. My Relay for Life team is having a yard sale on Saturday and I'm donating all my books (9 bins of books that I have read) to the sale. I feel that I probab..."

Oh my Wendy T., so sorry to hear about your Dad. I will keep you in my thoughts.

message 40: by Trish (new)

Trish Wendy T wrote: "It's to bad you ladies don't live closer. My Relay for Life team is having a yard sale on Saturday and I'm donating all my books (9 bins of books that I have read) to the sale. I feel that I probab..."

Wendy, my heart goes out to you and your family. I pray that all goes well with your Dad's surgery. That is awesome that you're donating your books for a great cause. I try to support it every year. Take care!

message 41: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (SuzanneRamos) | 18 comments Wendy T, I will definitely keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers *hugs*

All of you guys are really tempting me to drop the books I'm reading now and pick up the first BDB book!!!I may just have to do that!!!

I can vouch for the In the Garden trilogy by Nora Roberts...it was awesome...haven't read the Circle trilogy or the Three Sisters Island series, but I believe I have them all...if not, I will definitely have to stock up!!!

message 42: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 32 comments Suzanne drop the book you're reading now and grab Dark Lover pronto! Some people are a little dissapointed with the first one (I wasn't) but trust me, they keep getting better... and more steamy!

message 43: by Beth (new)

Beth Dawkins | 7 comments I am getting one of those ... the Nora Roberts one the first book is called Morrgian... I think. I ordered it last night. I think its the circle.

message 45: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) Wendy, I'm so sorry to hear about you dad. My prayers are with you.

message 46: by Beth (new)

Beth Dawkins | 7 comments Winterlong: A Novel by Elizabeth Hand Winterlong A Novel by Elizabeth Hand I am waiting to come in the mail now.

message 47: by Chasidy (last edited May 14, 2010 12:47AM) (new)

Chasidy | 32 comments I bought these today after I told myself no more for atleast a month!

Three Little Secrets by Liz Carlyle
Natural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips ** I cant wait to read this one!
Ravishing in Red by Madeline Hunter
Paradise by Judith McNaught
Narcissus in Chains by Laurell K. Hamilton
Stardust by Neil Gaiman.

message 48: by Trish (last edited May 18, 2010 12:38PM) (new)

Trish I made a haul these last couple of days between a used bookstore and Hastings sale. Here are a few of my new books.
The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright Something Blue by Emily Giffin A Total Waste of Makeup by Kim Gruenenfelder Vision in White (Bride Quartet, #1) by Nora Roberts The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve Montana Sky by Nora Roberts 32AA by Michelle Cunnah One of Those Malibu Nights by Elizabeth Adler The Sunday List of Dreams by Kris Radish The Center of Everything A Novel by Laura Moriarty Good Little Wives by Abby Drake Rain Song by Alice J. Wisler The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini Scandalous/ Irresistible by Karen Robards

message 49: by Beth (new)

Beth Dawkins | 7 comments Ordered You Slay Me by Katie MacAlister , waiting for it in the mail now. :) You Slay Me (Aisling Grey Guardian, #1) by Katie MacAlister

message 50: by Chasidy (last edited May 14, 2010 06:08PM) (new)

Chasidy | 32 comments Trish, I've been meaning to read Something Blue for a while. After I read the first book I went straight out to buy the continuation.

Purchased this today:
Captive of My Desires by Johanna Lindsey
Guarded Heart by Jennifer Blake
When We Were Gods by Colin Falconer

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 19 20

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Evermore (other topics)
Love Is the Higher Law (other topics)
Carved in Bone (other topics)
Eclipse (other topics)
The Other Daughter (other topics)