Jane Austen discussion

40 views
Fan Fiction/Continuations > Can Anyone Help Me Find a Book

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Some time ago (before GR), I read a book that told P&P from Darcy's viewpoint. I remember that Darcy kept a ribbon that Lizzie used as a bookmark at Netherfield, and that he threw it from the carriage after she rejected his first proposal. Anyone remember this book?


message 2: by Hope (new)

Hope (heyhopeful) | 7 comments Mr. Darcy's Diary

Is that it??


message 3: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 112 comments Jeannette wrote: "Some time ago (before GR), I read a book that told P&P from Darcy's viewpoint. I remember that Darcy kept a ribbon that Lizzie used as a bookmark at Netherfield, and that he threw it from the carr..."

It is part of the series by Pamela Aiden. The book is These Three Remain. He throws the bookmark out at the beginning when he is riding to Rosings with Colonel Fitzwilliam.


message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Lee wrote: "Jeannette wrote: "Some time ago (before GR), I read a book that told P&P from Darcy's viewpoint. I remember that Darcy kept a ribbon that Lizzie used as a bookmark at Netherfield, and that he thre..."

Do you think it is in An Assembly Such as This? There is a good chance, since my library has it. Does he have conversations with his valet, too?


message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hope wrote: "Mr. Darcy's Diary

Is that it??"


I have seen this book in so many places, but it isn't in my public library, so I'm guessing it is the one Lee mentioned!

Thank you both. I will get it from the library and see!


message 6: by Kim (new)

Kim | 181 comments Jeannette wrote: "Hope wrote: "Mr. Darcy's Diary

Is that it??"

I have seen this book in so many places, but it isn't in my public library, so I'm guessing it is the one Lee mentioned!

Thank you bot..."


If you haven't had the chance to read Mr. Darcy's Diary - I would recommend it!


message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks. I have read Darcy's Story and really enjoyed it!


message 8: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 112 comments Jeannette wrote: "Lee wrote: "Jeannette wrote: "Some time ago (before GR), I read a book that told P&P from Darcy's viewpoint. I remember that Darcy kept a ribbon that Lizzie used as a bookmark at Netherfield, and ..."

Jeannette wrote: "Lee wrote: "Jeannette wrote: "Some time ago (before GR), I read a book that told P&P from Darcy's viewpoint. I remember that Darcy kept a ribbon that Lizzie used as a bookmark at Netherfield, and ..."

I read the part about him throwing the bookmark away before I told you which book I thought it was ~ so I know that the scene where he throws it from the carriage is in These Three Remain. However, he took the bookmark much earlier and he has conversations with his valet, Fletcher, throughout the series.


message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I remember Fletcher. I just don't remember reading all 3 volumes. I know I read the first one! Guess I'm having a senior moment, as they say! Thanks for pointing me to the correct book -- it's been bugging me for a while!


message 10: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 112 comments Jeannette wrote: "I remember Fletcher. I just don't remember reading all 3 volumes. I know I read the first one! Guess I'm having a senior moment, as they say! Thanks for pointing me to the correct book -- it's ..."

You may be remembering a certain conversation with Fletcher that is in one of the books. In the book I least liked (because it took a turn the furthest away from Pride and Prejudice and involved the occult and another woman) Duty and Desire, he has conversations with him about blood on his cuff, Shakespeare, and many other things. The back cover even mentions him by name, so that may be the book you're remembering as far as his part goes.

He also tells his sister in that book that he stole the bookmark from Elizabeth and fingers it often when thinking of her.


message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe that's why I have forgotten the books, because I disliked some of them. I do remember, vaguely, that their was some sort of "intrigue" that Darcy was involved in. I will mark my review -- series with the ribbon bookmark! :)


message 12: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 112 comments Jeannette wrote: "Maybe that's why I have forgotten the books, because I disliked some of them. I do remember, vaguely, that their was some sort of "intrigue" that Darcy was involved in. I will mark my review -- s..."

I really liked the series as a whole. I thought it was well written and showed a wonderful insight into Darcy's character that made him seem ... well more approachable. ;o) That second book said it meant to fill in the void from Pride & Prejudice - when Darcy was absent ~ what was he doing? I still liked it - just not as much.

The whole idea of charms, animals being killed in ritual sacrifices ... and the scheming Lady Sylvanie ~ it did engage my emotions, but mostly anger. lol I was ready to move on to book 3 and have him get back to the path I remembered.

I do think she did a great job of showing his side of the story.


message 13: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 226 comments Oh it's a whole series on Darcy?


message 14: by SarahC, Austen Votary & Mods' Asst. (last edited Mar 12, 2010 06:52AM) (new)

SarahC (sarahcarmack) | 1473 comments Mod
There is a 3-volume by Pamela Aidan -- collectively -- Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman, done several years ago. It is not really on my top-10 list.

An Assembly Such as This


back to top