Start by marking “Mr. Darcy's Diary (Jane Austen Heroes, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mr. Darcy's Diary (Jane Austen Heroes, #1)

Mr. Darcy's Diary (Jane Austen Heroes #1)

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  16,761 Ratings  ·  1,490 Reviews
Monday 9th September
""I left London today and met Bingley at Netherfield Park. I had forgotten what good company he is; always ready to be pleased and always cheerful. After my difficult summer, it is good to be with him again. ...""

The only place Darcy could share his innermost feelings was in the private pages of his diary...

Torn between his sense of duty to his family
Published March 1st 2007 by Sourcebooks Landmark (first published January 1st 2005)

-Tried to find Georgiana a house in London

-Went to a dinner

-Went to another dinner

-Bingley said he wanted to rent an estate in the country. Pff! He'll be leaving it in a few weeks!

-Went to another dinner

-Decided to surprise Georgie in Ramsgate, but oh my gosh, I was the one who got surprised! And a terrible surprise at that. Wickham is on my black list forever.

-I did nothing interesting in August, but still wrote many entries.

-So, Bingley was serious about this estate-in-the-
Jamie Collins
Mildly entertaining to P&P fans in a couple of spots, but not really worth reading. I enjoyed one overheard conversation between Lady Catherine and Mr. Collins, and I enjoyed Col. Fitzwilliam's reaction when Darcy describes the manner in which he proposed to Elizabeth: essentially, "You said what to her?"

But the writing is terrible. Shallow, dull and repetitive - I hope I never see the word "satirically" again. It's not that great an adverb to begin with; why would you use it a dozen times i
Simona Bartolotta
Mar 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: in-english, ebooks
I've read this for one of my classes! (Which is actually a sort of Jane Austen and Charlotte Brontë fan club. Best class ever.)

“Elizabeth, Elizabeth, Elizabeth.”

Chances are, if Jane Austen is your goddess, you'll probably read this, reluctantly enjoy it, and wrinkle your nose at it afterwards, because of course nobody expects anyone to equal Jane Austen and, mathematically, every attempt to do so is bound to fail. I recommend to dive into the book light-heartedly and with light expectations. In
Jul 22, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
My Dear Readers,

It is with grave misfortune that I dissuade you from whatever excitement you may have upon learning of the existence of this novel. Jane Austen, the wonderful authoress that she is, has created such a wealth of characters and a story so beloved that more modern writers cannot help but continue to revisit the story and attempt to interpret it in a new way, but to no avail.

Mr. Darcy's Diary is a straight retelling of Pride and Prejudice, even directly quoting the original during
Feb 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Okay, maybe AMAZING is a strong's not like it's a timeless piece of literature, but it was so great! Like Mr. Knightley's Diary, it's so interesting to read the story from a different perspective. Again, I have to say that you should only read these books if you won't be offended that it's NOT Jane Austen. I didn't find it to be a huge departure from the original work but it's clearly not Austen.
So pretty much if you have a crush on Mr. Darcy and want to solidify said ridiculous crush,
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness
“In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.”

Mr.darcy's diraies is an excellent read, that gives us a brief glimpse into our favourite brooding hero's thoughts and his rich world.

With the Bennetts making only a few brief appearances along the way, this book otherwise,solely revolves around Mr.darcy, and his relationships with Mr.Bingely (his best friend ),Caroline (his best friend's sister and
Alaina Meserole

I've said it before and I will say it again. If there is anything P&P related - I will find it and read it. I don't care if it's amazing or complete shit. I will probably still end up reading it.

I was so freaking excited that I go Mr. Darcy's Diary because I just love that freaking character. Although not as much as my homegirl Elizabeth Bennet.

Now I'm kind of torn on how to write this review because even though I freaking love P&P and I might have a slight obsession with it. I didn
Jul 17, 2007 rated it it was ok
After reading Pamela Aiden's "Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman" trilogy a few months ago, I found this to be merely a much simpler version. Grange doesn't go much beyond the events we already know of from the original novel, and Darcy himself doesn't seem to have much depth at all. He switches from being determined to stop thinking about Elizabeth to suddenly proposing without almost any explanation at all. His feelings seem to flip flop to quickly throughout the novel with no basis. Overall, I knew ...more
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2015
If there was ever a "he said" book that you should read then this is it. Fans of Jane Austen's timeless classic will fall in love with Darcy all over again when they read the inner most thoughts of a man whom the world sees as proud and self-righteous.

Amanda Grange stays as close to Pride and Prejudice as possible in her re-telling of the timeless classic. There are enough similarities that I believe even Jane Austen herself would happily add this book to her collection. I have read quite a few
Jan 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Nothing spectacular, just a retelling of Jane Austen's P&P from Mr. Darcy's perspective (his diary).

There's a lot of:
I will pay Elizabeth no more attention.
(You do that. I will enjoy seeing you try.)
I did not miss Elizabeth at all. I believe I scarcely thought of her half a dozen times all day.
(Should I count that as progress? Honestly...)
I am not used to being so confused. I never was, before I met Elizabeth.
(You are so doomed.)

There's also some of the following:
I am looking forward to thi
Indah Threez Lestari
Feb 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
139 - 2012

Well written fan fiction

Cocok untuk dibaca sebagai pendamping novel P&P, karena in-line dengan cerita aslinya, dan banyak mencomot dialog asli. Tapi dari gaya bertuturnya, mungkin lebih baik novel ini bukan dalam bentuk diary, tapi hanya novel dengan POV orang pertama saja.

Bagi penggemar novel Pride and Prejudice, alur cerita novel ini bukan hal yang baru, dan endingnya juga bukan spoiler, berakhir dengan adegan yang umumnya ditunggu-tunggu para pembaca novel roman :

Mbok ya jangan
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
As with most of Amanda Grange’s Diary’s, I was absolutely, absolutely delighted with Mr Darcy’s Diary. Though I wouldn’t call it better than the original (as unfortunately I have had to say with others of the Diaries), it was certainly amazing, and definitely as good.

Again, I think part of the brilliance of this Diary can be attributed to the fact that the backstory from Pride and Prejudice is pretty well known – Amanda Grange wouldn’t have had to make many events up. That being said, the fact d
Zain Otoom
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not bad at all! I was pleasantly surprised!
Jul 27, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Pride and Prejudice Lovers
I know not everyone loves P&P the way I do, but the author follows the encouters between Darcy and Elizabeth authentically, keeping many aspects of the original in tack. It makes the book so wonderful, and because it's from Darcy's perspective so the author adds wonderful scenes like the discovery of Wickham in Ramsgate, Lady Catherine's diatribe to Darcy after speaking with Elizabeth, and some very satisfying scenes that round out Austin's original epilogue.
The novel is written in modern
AMAZING! So nice to see this epic story from the dashing hero's point of view!! The struggles he went through with Wickham among many things gives him a whole new side which we don't see very much in the novel! And the ending chapters of life after marriage were perfect; not silly and over the top, the right balance!
Sep 22, 2010 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Somebody who's finished everything on
Sarah Kovalakides
Sep 18, 2007 rated it liked it
Not at all a page-turner like Pride & Prejudice, but an easy and enjoyable read
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In 2005 author Amanda Grange gave Pride and Prejudice fans what they had been craving for centuries—Jane Austen’s classic story retold entirely from the perspective of its iconic romantic hero—Mr. Darcy. It was certainly not the first novel to explore this concept, but Mr. Darcy’s Diary remains, after many other attempts, the best in a very crowded field of Darcyiana.

I first read Mr. Darcy’s Diary eight years ago when it was released in the UK. I paid a fortune for the first edition to be shippe
Feb 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I wasn't sure what to expect when I picked up this book. I've seen a lot of both really positive and really negative reviews. I personally was very pleasantly surprised with it. As to whether someone will like it or not, I think it really boils down to your expectation. We all have our own opinions, ideas, and expectations for exactly who each character is, how they should act or not act, and what is an acceptable outcome for them. If the books lines up fairly well with your personal opinion of ...more
Jul 05, 2009 rated it liked it
Oh, know. Oh, know. Oh, know.
After reading this book, I've discovered a little known fact that I never wanted to know, gasp: Mr. Darcy was one boring dude.

Kill me now.

Unfortunately, this harsh reality makes perfect sense, I mean, look how Austen portrays him in Pride and Prejudice? He rarely speaks unless spoken too, he's horribly shy amongst strangers, and nobody interesting, except Bingley of course, can stand to be around him he's so haughty and full of himself.

I thought the concept of Mr
Mar 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, almost as much as I love Pride & Prejudice, which says a lot because it is my favorite. I read this book in less than 24 hours! I have read many, many books by authors attempting to recreate Jane Austen's style and write sequels to continue her beloved stories, and they are never successful and I am always thoroughly disappointed. This one, however, was the closest anybody has ever come. It's Pride & Prejudice from Mr. Darcy's point of view. And anybody who has ever re ...more
Hilary Moon Murphy
Apr 27, 2013 rated it did not like it
Pride & Prejudice Sequels, Mashups and Variants are one of my chief guilty pleasures, but I must say that I just could not get into this one. As indicated by the title, it's a diary of the events of Pride and Prejudice told from Mr. Darcy's point of view. While it retells the events of Pride & Prejudice fairly faithfully, I found this retelling somewhat lifeless and uninspired. I didn't get a sense of Darcy's unique voice. Even more damningly, the diary failed to show what was happening ...more
Andreea  Drăgan
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: p-p
I'm desperate
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paroleparole
Ero abbastanza curiosa di leggere questo libro e capire come l'autrice avesse gestito la riscrittura di una storia "così classica" come "Orgoglio e Pregiudizio" della Austen.
Dentro di me pensavo: "E' un'impresa impegnativa! Questo libro sarà in grado di farci immergere ancora nelle atmosfere vittoriane e in una delle più famose storie d'amore letterarie?".
La risposta è sì. Linguaggio curato e ricostruzione più che perfetta. E devo ammettere che mi è piaciuto rileggere la storia dal punto di vist
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Light-hearted fun. I enjoyed it.
Sep 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
Mr. Darcy is almost a secondary character in the story that made him one of the most beloved heroes in all of Jane Austen’s novels. Although Pride and Prejudice utilizes the device of omniscient narrator, the reader spends most of the book inside the sparkling head of Elizabeth Bennet, Mr. Darcy’s ultimate destiny; it rarely gets inside of Darcy’s.

Novelist Amanda Grange has sought to remedy this situation by giving voice to the inner thoughts of this stiff but ultimately attractive character in
Samisha Sood
Aug 12, 2017 rated it liked it
I have always wanted to read this book.. but took me a little time as it is not available on stores in India. At last I got a hold over it and this is what i think.

Jane Austen writings have a very profined style of writing and they cannot be compared with anyone's. I myself am not greatest of the critics. But anyone can see a change in writting style when Quotes from the original book are used in the Darcy's dairy.

His diary doesn't have the royal feel which is there in the original quotes used.
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, cartaceo

Datemi della romanticona inguaribile, ma ogni volta che entra in gioco Mr Darcy io mi sciolgo come gelato al sole! Non potevo quindi perdermi questo libro che ripercorre le vicende narrate da Orgoglio e Pregiudizio, ma dal punto di vista di Fitzwilliam Darcy. Questo è in realtà il primo libro di una serie (già scritta!) che rilegge tutti i romanzi della Austen dal punto di vista del protagonista maschile; in ordine la Grange ha pubblicato i diari di Mr Khi
Apr 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: austen-related
“Mr. Darcy’s diary” is a novel that brings us back to “Pride and Prejudice” world through Darcy’s eyes. The most beloved hero writes about the days and events from the summer before his encounter with Elizabeth Bennet to some months after their marriage.

It was very interesting to see the whole story from Darcy’s point of view. It is pure fiction, of course, but Mrs. Grange’s words help us know better some details of the story that brought a stiff and very proud man to fall in love with a country
The Official Jane...: Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange 5 36 Nov 22, 2017 09:07AM
  • The Last Man in the World
  • The Pemberley Chronicles (The Pemberley Chronicles, #1)
  • The Other Mr. Darcy
  • Lydia Bennet's Story: A Sequel to Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice
  • Darcy's Voyage
  • Eliza's Daughter
  • The Confession of Fitzwilliam Darcy
  • Mr. Darcy and the Secret of Becoming a Gentleman
  • Pemberley Shades: A Lightly Gothic Tale of Mr. and Mrs. Darcy
  • The Darcys & the Bingleys: A Tale of Two Gentlemen's Marriages to Two Most Devoted Sisters (Pride and Prejudice Continues, # 1)
  • A Darcy Christmas
  • Affinity and Affection
  • Mr. Darcy's Little Sister
  • A Match For Mary Bennet: Can A Serious Young Lady Ever Find Her Way To Love?
  • Charity Envieth Not (George Knightley, Esquire #1)
  • The Matters at Mansfield: Or, The Crawford Affair (Mr. & Mrs. Darcy Mysteries, #4)
Amanda Grange was born in Yorkshire and spent her teenage years reading Jane Austen and Georgette Heyer whilst also finding time to study music at Nottingham University. She has had twenty-five novels published including six Jane Austen retellings, which look at events from the heroes' points of view. She has also had two books published under different names: Murder at Whitegates Manor (as Eleano ...more
More about Amanda Grange...

Jane Austen Heroes (6 books)
  • Mr. Knightley's Diary (Jane Austen Heroes, #2)
  • Captain Wentworth's Diary (Jane Austen Heroes, #3)
  • Edmund Bertram's Diary (Jane Austen Heroes, #4)
  • Colonel Brandon's Diary (Jane Austen Heroes, #5)
  • Henry Tilney's Diary (Jane Austen Heroes, #6)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“If we all spoke the truth there would be a great deal of unhappiness in the world, and particularly at such a time. Some things are better left unsaid.” 35 likes
“I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look, or the words which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew it had begun.” 22 likes