We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Your 2010 Reading Logs > Megan's 2010 Reading Log

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (last edited Sep 01, 2010 08:40AM) (new)

Megan | 546 comments I need to get organized, hopefully this will help (hope I did this right!)

Guide to Important posts:

2. January (17) 17/144
3. February (7) 24/144
17. March (17) 41/144
27. April (18) 59/144
35. May (15) 74/144
36. June (13) 87/144
37. July (22) 109/144
38. August (18) 127/144

Keep track of for 144 Books in 2010 Group

9. EP-Odd Series Challenge (Jan 1-Dec 31)
11. EP-50 Books Paranormal Theme Challenge (Jan 1-Dec 31)
23. May Challenges
28. EP-50 Book Paranormal Beings Challenge (May 1-Nov 31)
32. Important Release Dates

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Hey, Mheghan. How did you like Artemis Fowl? I loved it.

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan | 546 comments I'm listening to it on audio book, on chapter 4 or 5 I believe. This is only the second audio book I've tried and am really enjoying it. The narrator is great and so is the story. I like this one more than the Percy Jackson books, I just couldn't get into them.

message 6: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Excellent, Mheghan! You did it perfectly. It's YOUR thread, set it up the way you like and use it to organize your challenges or book reads - whatever. It's all yours :)

Danielle, I loved the Artemis Fowl series!

message 7: by Megan (new)

Megan | 546 comments Thanks Dhestiny, I really needed this! :)

message 8: by Megan (new)

Megan | 546 comments GROUP : EVERYTHING PARANORMAL
ODD SERIES CHALLENGE
January 1 - December 31

Read series with the following number of books:
11 (if you can!)

message 9: by Megan (last edited Apr 07, 2010 11:34AM) (new)

Megan | 546 comments GROUP : EVERYTHING PARANORMAL
COLORFUL COVER CHALLENGE
January 1 - July 1

Read 4 books from the following cover colors (16 Total)

BLUE
Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward Kissing Sin (Riley Jenson Guardian, #2) by Keri Arthur
RED
Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning
YELLOW
Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6) by J.R. Ward Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, #1) by Eoin Colfer The Dark Highlander (Highlander, #5) by Karen Marie Moning Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian
GREEN
Tempting Evil (Riley Jenson Guardian, #3) by Keri Arthur Grave Secret (A Harper Connelly Mystery, #4) by Charlaine Harris Grave Surprise (Harper Connelly Mystery, #2) by Charlaine Harris To Tame a Highland Warrior (Highlander, #2) by Karen Marie Moning

16/16

ALL DONE!

message 11: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Fantastic! I'm impressed and I'm going to follow your lead to organize my challenges! Thank you sooooo much :)

message 12: by Megan (new)

Megan | 546 comments lol, I had so many sticky notes floating around my purse trying to keep everything organized, but I like this system much much better :) Also, for my yearly and 6 month challenges, people post so often it was hard to find my own posts anymore. I think this will work much better for me.

message 13: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Excellent, Mheghan! You did it perfectly. It's YOUR thread, set it up the way you like and use it to organize your challenges or book reads - whatever. It's all yours :)

Danielle, I loved the Ar..."

Yay! More Artemis fans! I loved the first two books. I intend to read them all.

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Wow! You are so organized!

message 15: by Megan (new)

Megan | 546 comments Thanks Danielle!

message 17: by Megan (last edited May 06, 2010 07:16PM) (new)

Megan | 546 comments CATCH UP ON SERIES

My books "to read to get caught up on already started series" is huge! Finish some before you start anymore series.

To get up to date on the follwing series, read the following books (delete them off as completed/add as needed):

Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World, #2) by Jeaniene Frost
Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely, #3) by Melissa Marr * Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4) by Melissa Marr * Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5) by Melissa Marr
Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning
Artemis Fowl The Arctic Incident (Artemis Fowl, #2) by Eoin Colfer * Artemis Fowl The Eternity Code (Artemis Fowl, #3) by Eoin Colfer * Artemis Fowl The Opal Deception (Artemis Fowl, #4) by Eoin Colfer * Artemis Fowl The Lost Colony (Artemis Fowl, #5) by Eoin Colfer * Artemis Fowl The Time Paradox (Artemis Fowl, #6) by Eoin Colfer * Artemis Fowl The Atlantis Complex (Artemis Fowl, #7) by Eoin Colfer
A Breath of Snow and Ashes (Outlander, #6) by Diana Gabaldon * An Echo in the Bone (Outlander, #7) by Diana Gabaldon *
Death's Excellent Vacation by Charlaine Harris
Dangerous Games (Riley Jenson Guardian, #4) by Keri Arthur * Embraced By Darkness (Riley Jenson Guardian, #5) by Keri Arthur * The Darkest Kiss (Riley Jenson Guardian, #6) by Keri Arthur * Deadly Desire (Riley Jenson Guardian, #7) by Keri Arthur * Bound to Shadows (Riley Jenson Guardian, #8) by Keri Arthur * Moon Sworn (Riley Jenson Guardian, #9) by Keri Arthur
The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) by Rick Riordan * The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) by Rick Riordan * The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan *
Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2) by Lara Adrian * Midnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3) by Lara Adrian * Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4) by Lara Adrian * Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #5) by Lara Adrian * Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #6) by Lara Adrian * Shades of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #7) by Lara Adrian * Taken by Midnight (Midnight Breed, #8) by Lara Adrian *
Into the Dreaming (Highlander, #8) by Karen Marie Moning
Two for the Dough (A Stephanie Plum Novel, #2) by Janet Evanovich * Three To Get Deadly (A Stephanie Plum Novel, #3) by Janet Evanovich *

Series I plan on starting this year:
Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton * Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead * Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel * Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh * Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh * Wolf at the Door (The Others, #1) by Christine Warren * Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld * The Clan of the Cave Bear (Earth' Children #1) by Jean M. Auel * Graceling (The Seven Kingdoms Trilogy, #1) by Kristin Cashore * Into the Wilderness (Wilderness, #1) by Sara Donati * Covet (Fallen Angels, #1) by J.R. Ward * A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole * Highlander Untamed (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #1) by Monica McCarty * The Awakening and The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2) by L.J. Smith * The Host by Stephenie Meyer

message 18: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 392 comments Megan, Which ones have you read? I can see we like the same books. I've read quiet a few on your list and am planning to read quite a few more.

message 19: by Megan (new)

Megan | 546 comments The books I've read in the series aren't listed, just the books I need to read to complete/get up to date on the series are. For example, I've read the first 7 BDB books but will have to read book 8 when it comes out.

message 20: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 392 comments Meagan wrote,"I've read the first 7 BDB books but will have to read book 8 when it comes out."

As noted by the additional h in your name. LOL I can't wait to read the next one either.

message 21: by Megan (last edited Mar 09, 2010 01:43PM) (new)

Megan | 546 comments lol, I like to refer to it as I "Warded Out" my name. haha, I am a BDB addict! I love V and Rhage.....

message 22: by Megan (last edited May 06, 2010 07:17PM) (new)

Megan | 546 comments April Book Challenges and Group Reads:

WE LOVE LISA KLEYPAS - April Showers Bring May Flowers Book Challenge - April 1 - May31 / 4 Books

Cover - w/ words spring, april, showers, bring, may flowers, or covers that are mostly ROYGBIV, or images of flowers, clouds, rain, rainbows, characters named April or May

WE LOVE LISA KLEYPAS - Scandalous Seduction *Erotic* Group Read - 4 Books
1. Eroica/Romance - Historical Passion
2. Erotica/Romance - Contemporary Wicked Ties
3. Erotica/Romance - PNR - Slave to Sensation
4. Erotica/Romance - Reader's Choice A Hunger Like No Other

Passion  by Lisa Valdez Wicked Ties (Wicked Lovers, #1) by Shayla Black Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole
*may still edit list

URBAN FANTASY - Challenge #1 - April 1 - June 30

UF- Kiss of Crimson
UF- Dangerous Games
F- No Rest for the Wicked
NA- Slave to Sensation

Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2) by Lara Adrian Dangerous Games (Riley Jenson Guardian, #4) by Keri Arthur No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) by Kresley Cole Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh

message 23: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments I really like how you're keeping track of challenges, etc. You're very well organized!

message 24: by Megan (new)

Megan | 546 comments Thank you Dhestiny!

message 25: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments You're welcome!

message 27: by Megan (last edited May 05, 2010 07:18PM) (new)

Megan | 546 comments EVERYTHING PARANORMAL - 50 Book Paranormal Being Challenge

Duration: May 1st to November 30th

Read FIVE books from each category given.
Fae
Werewolf
Vampires
Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward
Shifters
Ghosts
Dragons
Angels
Demons
Witches
Aliens/Immortals

message 28: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 392 comments That is some challenge from the Everything Paranormal group. I would think Dragons might be the hardest category to fill. I'll look forward to seeing which books you pick.

message 29: by Megan (new)

Megan | 546 comments yeah, the dragon category I have no idea! I honestly don't think I've ever read a book w/ dragons in it. If anyone has any good ideas, let me know. Thanks.

message 30: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 392 comments Eragon is the first that came to mind. There may be 3 books to that series. After that I'm kind of clueless.

message 31: by Megan (new)

Megan | 546 comments RELEASE DATES

Crave (Fallen Angels, #2) by J.R. Ward October 5, 2010
Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward April 27, 2010
[image error] July 20, 2010
Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning December 7, 2010
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner An Eclipse Novella by Stephenie Meyer June 5, 2010

*continue list later*

message 32: by Christine (new)

Christine (cdunbar) | 424 comments You could read Katie MacAlister's series, starting with You Slay Me. It deals with Dragons.

message 33: by Megan (new)

Megan | 546 comments Christine wrote: "You could read Katie MacAlister's series, starting with You Slay Me. It deals with Dragons."

Thanks for the tip Christine. I've heard good things about Katie MacAlister. I've been stuck on historical romances and need to start reading Paranormal and UF again, lol.

message 34: by Megan (last edited May 25, 2010 09:02AM) (new)

Megan | 546 comments EVERYTHING PARANORMAL
Other Cover Challenge (#2)

Duration: May 1st to August 31st

Read five books from each category.

A book that has a naked male on the cover

Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward

A book that has an cartoonish cover
Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris A Touch of Dead (Southern Vampire Mystery Short Stories) by Charlaine Harris

A book that has an animal on the cover

Dangerous Games (Riley Jenson Guardian, #4) by Keri Arthur

A book that has a sexy female on the cover

message 39: by Megan (last edited Aug 16, 2010 09:01AM) (new)

Megan | 546 comments Berkley-Faulkner
1. Where Passion Leads (1987)
2. Forever My Love (1988)

Vallerands
1. Only in Your Arms (1992)
aka When Strangers Marry
2. Only with Your Love (1992)

Gamblers
1. Then Came You (1993)
2. Dreaming of You (1994)

Stokehursts
1. Midnight Angel (1995)
2. Prince of Dreams (1995)

Capitol Theatre
1. Somewhere I'll Find You (1996)
2. Because You're Mine (1997)

Bow Street Runners
1. Someone to Watch Over Me (1999)
2. Lady Sophias Lover (2002)
3. Worth Any Price (2003)

Wallflowers
Again the Magic (2004) (Prequel) READ
1. Secrets of a Summer Night (2004) READ
2. It Happened One Autumn (2005) READ
3. Devil in Winter (2006) READ
4. Scandal in Spring (2006) READ
5. A Wallflower Christmas (2008)

Travis
1. Sugar Daddy (2007) READ
2. Blue-eyed Devil (2008) READ
3. Smooth-talking Stranger (2009) READ

Hathaways
1. Mine Till Midnight (2007) READ
2. Seduce Me At Sunrise (2008) READ
3. Tempt Me at Twilight (2009) READ
4. Married By Morning (2010) READ
5. Love In The Afternoon (2010) READ

Novels
Love Come to Me (1988)
Give Me Tonight (1989)
Stranger in My Arms (1998)
Where Dreams Begin (2000)
Suddenly You (2001) READ

Omnibus
Christmas Love Stories (1991) (with Diane Wicker Davis, Shannon Drake, Kay Hooper)
A Christmas Present (1994) (with Loretta Chase, Judith E French)
Three Weddings and a Kiss (1995) (with Catherine Anderson, Loretta Chase and Kathleen Woodiwiss)
Wish List (2001) (with Lisa Cach, Claudia Dain and Lynsay Sands)
Where's My Hero? (2003) (with Kinley MacGregor and Julia Quinn)
Gifts of Love (2006) (with Kay Hooper)
A Historical Christmas Present (2008) (with Leigh Greenwood and Lynsay Sands)

message 40: by Megan (last edited Aug 16, 2010 09:01AM) (new)

Megan | 546 comments Linda Lael Miller series:

McKettricks
1. High Country Bride - (historical romance) READ
2. Shotgun Bride - (historical romance) READ
3. Secondhand Bride - (historical romance) READ
4. McKettrick's Choice - (historical romance) READ
5. Sierra's Homecoming - (contemporary-Silhouette SE) READ
6. McKettrick's Luck - (contemporary romance) READ
7. McKettrick's Pride - (contemporary romance) READ
8. McKettrick's Heart - (contemporary romance) READ
9. The McKettrick Way - (contemporary-Silhouette SE) READ
10. A McKettrick Christmas - (historical romance) READ
11. McKettricks of Texas: Tate (contemporary) READ
12. McKettricks of Texas: Garrett (contemporary romance) READ
13. McKettricks of Texas: Austin (contemporary romance) READ

Spin-off:

Stone Creek series
1. The Man From Stone Creek - (historical romance)
2. A Wanted Man - (historical romance) READ
3. The Rustler - (historical romance)
4. A Stone Creek Christmas - (contemporary-Silhouette SE) READ
5. The Bridegroom - (historical romance) READ
6. At Home In Stone Creek - (contemporary-Silhouette SE)

Spin-off

Montana Creeds series
1. Montana Creeds: Logan (contemporary romance) READ
2. Montana Creeds: Dylan (contemporary romance) READ
3. Montana Creeds: Tyler (contemporary romance) READ
4. A Creed County Christmas (historical romance) READ