VAMPS-R-US discussion

First Drop of Crimson - DISCUSSION CORNER

Comments Showing 1-50 of 82 (82 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Tiffany (vampoholic) | 3255 comments Mod
First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost ....

Book Summary
The night is not safe for mortals. Denise MacGregor knows all too well what lurks in the shadows - her best friend is half-vampire Cat Crawfield - and she has already lost more than the average human could bear. But her family's dark past is wrapped in secrets and shrouded in darkness - and a demon shapeshifter has marked Denise as prey. Now her survival depends on an immortal who craves a taste of her.

He is Spade, a powerful, mysterious vampire who has walked the earth for centuries and is now duty-bound to protect this endangered, alluring human - even if it means destroying his own kind. Denise may arouse his deepest hungers, but Spade knows he must fight his urge to have her as they face the demon nightmare together...

Because once the first drop of crimson falls, they will both be lost.

HAPPY READING

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebecca32) | 28 comments Read it the day it was released! I just love Jeaniene Frost. She does such a great job developing Characters. So, it's no surprise she started writing spin-offs about all the minor characters in the Night Huntress Series. I think she did an amazing job writing as always, and can't wait again for her next release.

message 3: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

OMG!! U read it b4 me u dirty bum!! JK, LMFAO...I will b reading it 2night, I was trying to hold off until March, but the suspence is killing me;)

message 4: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments i have to say im half way through it and i am LOVING it!!!!!! stay tuned shortly for my review....yipee :)

message 5: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

ME TOO!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!;)

message 6: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments IT IS NOT MARCH YOU LITTLE CHEATS

message 7: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

COULDN'T HELP IT!!!!!!!!!! I was just gonna read a couple of chapters, but i hate putting it down!!!

message 8: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments i finished up my book early and i didnt want to start into another serries.....so, well you know! plus i have 12 challenge reads to get through this month! i promise i wont finish the book until March how about that! :P

message 9: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments CHEATS LM

message 10: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments what can you do.....the book is really good though, its gunna take all i have to finish it in march for you lol

message 11: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebecca32) | 28 comments Lol!!! Well you finished the new Kresley Cole book before I did. Which, by the way, was also really good!

message 12: by Jessica (BookRockGoddess) (last edited Feb 27, 2010 07:01AM) (new)

Jessica (BookRockGoddess) Bolton (bookrockgodess) I havent read any of those authors books which one do you guys think I should read first. I am doing March's challenge but it is with mostly authors I have read before I may have a new one on there but I am not sure. I need to check to see what werewolf books are out there and see what sounds good. The problem is the Last year I have read mostly YA because of the the thumbs up award at my library. I was helping them pick books to add and then which one to nominate for the award so I am out of the loop. I have been able to read Keri Authors books but I still need to catch up on those ugh!!!!!! So if you guys have any books you think I should start let me know....

message 13: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments well im starting with obviously first drop of crimson

message 14: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments Jessica wrote: "I havent read any of those authors books which one do you guys think I should read first. I am doing March's challenge but it is with mostly authors I have read before I may have a new one on there..."

jessica my two fav series of books i would reccomend to any vamp lover at the moment are

the sookie stackhouse series by charlaine harris
the black dagger brotherhood by j.r.ward

other series i like are
the vampire academy by richelle mead
the house of the night by p.c and kristen cast

I havent reqad many wolf books, i enjoyed shiver - have you read that?? but am hoping to read some more wolf ones soon!

Jessica (BookRockGoddess) Bolton (bookrockgodess) yeah shiver is awesome. I have read most the YA stuff. I love sookie but I havent tried JR Ward it seems that this series is really popular I am going to check it out. thanks!!!

Jessica (BookRockGoddess) Bolton (bookrockgodess) Rayna wrote: "well im starting with obviously first drop of crimson"

Yeah I plan to pick that one up.

message 17: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments it was people on here advised me to try j r ward and I am so glad I did!!! I love it !!!

message 18: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Becky wrote: "Lol!!! Well you finished the new Kresley Cole book before I did. Which, by the way, was also really good!"

Yes, yes it was!!! OMG, u know she has another 1 coming out this year.....
Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #10) by Kresley Cole ...August 31, can't wait!!!

And I'm almost done with First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost ...couldn't help myself!!;)

message 19: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Jessica wrote: "I havent read any of those authors books which one do you guys think I should read first. I am doing March's challenge but it is with mostly authors I have read before I may have a new one on there..."

What kind of books? I could recommend a TON!!! Can't I Lisa? LMFAO

message 20: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments if you want some book advise tiff will give you about 50 books a go to read.... she is like a crazy oracle of books.....I may have to remortgage my house because of tiff

message 21: by Jessica (BookRockGoddess) (last edited Feb 28, 2010 07:53AM) (new)

Jessica (BookRockGoddess) Bolton (bookrockgodess) My problem is that I have bought and read most of YA sci-fantasy. I was just looking for some new authors to get me through March's challenge. I havent read alot of adult stuff this past couple of years. I was helping the YA department at my library with there sci-fantasy reads. Also I was in charge of my daughters book club. So I have read just about everything YA but, I have to say I have loved most of it. I am still waiting on a lot of new releases to come out and sequeals to my series. I just was thinking it would be nice to get caught up on some of the other book you guys are alway talking about. I am a little out of the loop.

message 22: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments tiff is def the person to speak to!!!!!!! TIFF WE NEED HELP :D

message 23: by Jessica (BookRockGoddess) (last edited Feb 28, 2010 08:10AM) (new)

Jessica (BookRockGoddess) Bolton (bookrockgodess) Thanks I will wait for tiff. In the mean time I have picked up Mr. Darcy, Vampyre. I should read the other four books I start but I am in bed and it was sitting there with a lot of other books just calling my name so you know I had no choice.

message 24: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments Jessica wrote: "My problem is that I have bought and read most of YA sci-fantasy. I was just looking for some new authors to get me through March's challenge. I havent read alot of adult stuff this past couple of ..."

lara Adrian - midnight Breed series is really good too!

message 25: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Dont have much time right now:'( i'll b back on later though.....

Start out with these since we're reading the latest now;)

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost
This 1 is a spin off from the series;).... First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

U'll def love 'em....ttyl

Jessica (BookRockGoddess) Bolton (bookrockgodess) Thanks Tiff I will check them out and let you know how they are.

message 27: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

k;) There's also an erotica thread on here...really good books, especially Immortals After Dark;)

Sooooo, what's ur fav? VAMPIRES, were's, witches, fey, humans (yuk, lol), fallen angels, etc......

message 28: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments im so going to have to try the immortals after dark

message 29: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

YES U DO!!!!!!!!;)

message 30: by Rayna (last edited Mar 04, 2010 02:26PM) (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments Ok, so finished this book and have to say it was one of the best written books i have read. Not only is the storyline great (i couldn't put down the book) But the character development was amazing. This is one book because it is a stand alone that should be made into a movie. it has drama, violence, lust, obsession, and my favorite star crossed lovers! Spade is one of the most beautifully written vampires and ranks up there with one of my favorites of all time (so far). Not only that but i enjoy that his leading lady is a very strong willed determined individual that wont take a backseat even to her love! It makes me sad that there will not be a series with Spade in it....im sure hes the type that just attracts trouble! For those of you that haven't read this yet, im sure you'll enjoy as i have.....hurry up what are you waiting for!!!! For those of you wqho have......let me know your thoughts!

message 31: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Fairchild (edstweety) | 38 comments I loved this book! Very well written with LOTS of surprises...just when you think you've got it figured out another surprise! Love it! Haven't read the other Jeaniene Frost books but will definitely do so now..

Great erotica too! Spade is something else! If only humans could perform so well!..lol!!!!!!!

message 32: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

lmfao Glad u guys liked the book, and yes, u will def LOVE the Night Huntress series;)

message 33: by Emily (new)

Emily (enmott) | 6 comments omg! I definately loved this book. It was sooo good that I went out and bought/already read the rest of the series.

I want a Bones for myself....but I would settle for Spade too. haha

message 34: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

LMFAO, Mencheres' book is next;).........Eternal Kiss of Darkness...July 27th

message 35: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments JUST STARTED THIS BOOK

message 36: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

SLOWPOKE!! ;)

Jessica (BookRockGoddess) Bolton (bookrockgodess) Tiffany wrote: "k;) There's also an erotica thread on here...really good books, especially Immortals After Dark;)

Sooooo, what's ur fav? VAMPIRES, were's, witches, fey, humans (yuk, lol), fallen angels, etc....."

It depends on the book, but mostly vamps.

message 38: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments Tiffany wrote: "SLOWPOKE!! ;)"

yeah yeah i know i know

message 39: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments I AM IN LOVE WITH SPADE

message 40: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments totally hot.....i told you, he is like my favorite vamp even more than Rehv! did you finish the book yet?

message 41: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments Just this min finished... I want more spade and denise action... will there be another book for them???? I do hope so!! I REALLY LOVED THIS BOOK !!! THANKS FOR THE RECOMENDATION TIFF

message 42: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments no this is a stand alone.....you will have to use your imaginnation

message 43: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

thats awful news

message 44: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments i know it sucks, she left it with me wantinng more.....but she has made it clear that there wont be another on spade!

message 45: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments *stomps feet* NOT FAIR

message 46: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments i hear ya....very sad! very sad!

message 47: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

lmfao, i know, i feel the same way....though mencheres' book is coming out soon;) i hope vlad gets a book...

message 48: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments im not too sure im going to like the next one, im not sure i like mencheres?? but then i havent read the series yet!

message 49: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Read the series, then u'll like him....there's a reason he was acting the way he did in Spade's book...

message 50: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments its on my to do list......probably wont be until april! since you picked Glass Houses (thank you by the way!) i have to finish that series before i can finish my challenge reads for this month! very very very busy reading here! not to mention i have to catch up on my bookkeeping for my company, am way behind on that as well and its year end time! Books or Bookkeeping.....hmmmm hard decision...lmao

« previous 1