What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA or children book, around 2002-2004, fantasy, [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shahad (new)

Shahad | 7 comments Ok, so for the past month I have been searching for this book, I remember my first or second grade teacher reading it to us, and its been bothering me. It was a chapter book, so a novel for young kids. All i remember is that it was part of series, about a girl, I think she was a blacksmiths daughter, and she discovers she has this massive amount of power that is potentially dangerous. Someone gives her a necklace that she has to wear that saps her strength, making her less dangerous. She starts taking it off more and more and feels her power returning, She learns to control it. Later, I think in another book, she is taken to a castle or library, or something of that sort. Thats all I can remember.

message 2: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments Could it have been from the Circle of Magic series? First book is Sandry's Book

message 3: by Shahad (new)

Shahad | 7 comments No, I've read those, definitely not anything by Tamora Pierce. Thanks though

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35128 comments Mod
Scarlet Moon by Debbie Viguié?

Did the story take place on Earth (historical) or a fantasy world?

message 5: by Shahad (new)

Shahad | 7 comments I'm unsure, but I think it was a fantasy world similar to medieval earth

message 6: by kvon (last edited May 09, 2015 06:30PM) (new)

kvon | 56 comments It sounds to me like the Girl Genius saga, which comes in graphic novels from 2002, but also a few more recent chapter books. Agatha H and the Airship City
Girl Genius, Vol. 1: Agatha Heterodyne and the Beetleburg Clank

message 7: by Shahad (new)

Shahad | 7 comments No sorry, it wasn't a graphic novel and it was set in a medieval style fantasy world, thanks though

message 8: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments Could it be from Dave Luckett's Rhianna series? First book is The Girl, the Dragon, and the Wild Magic

message 9: by Shahad (new)

Shahad | 7 comments Thats it! thanks so much, its been bothering me for a while