Bibliophiles discussion

What are you currently reading?

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura, Polls (new)

Laura García | 12 comments Mod
You can post here what are you currently reading, what is it about and if you like it or not , so we could comment and discuss about that .

message 2: by Lydia (new)

Lydia | 10 comments Right now I am currently reading Sabotaged by Margaret Peterson Haddix. I like it, but it's not one of my favorites.

message 3: by Laura, Polls (new)

Lydia wrote: "Right now I am currently reading Sabotaged by Margaret Peterson Haddix. I like it, but it's not one of my favorites."
It's from The missing series right? Which are your favourites books? :)

message 4: by Laura, Polls (new)

I' m currently reading "Beautiful darkness" Actually I wasn't so involved in reading sagas but this one really caught my attention and I think I love it but in a different way from other fantasy books that I'd read before.

message 5: by Lydia (new)

Lydia | 10 comments from that series so far, I would have to say Sabatoged. But my favorite all time series would have to be Harry Potter.

message 6: by Lydia (new)

Lydia | 10 comments I started the beautiful creatures series but never finished it. I really want to though. I just have so many other books that I want to read!

message 7: by Laura, Polls (new)

Lydia wrote: "from that series so far, I would have to say Sabatoged. But my favorite all time series would have to be Harry Potter."
What do you think about Harry Potter movies?

message 8: by Laura, Polls (new)

Lydia wrote: "I started the beautiful creatures series but never finished it. I really want to though. I just have so many other books that I want to read!"

Hahaha I know that feeling! I have a lot of books to read too, but you should finish them, ;)

message 9: by Lydia (new)

Lydia | 10 comments Ok. I will. This series I am reading, The Missing, is pretty good. I like them, but I am trying to push through for the last two books. I want to read the Delirium series next.

message 10: by Laura, Polls (new)

Lydia wrote: "Ok. I will. This series I am reading, The Missing, is pretty good. I like them, but I am trying to push through for the last two books. I want to read the Delirium series next."
I want to read Deliruim too! we can read it together if you want... I've already finished Beautiful Darkness and I liked it but I am not gonna read the next ones.

message 11: by Lydia (new)

Lydia | 10 comments ok, i only have one more book to read before I start.

message 12: by Lydia (new)

Lydia | 10 comments Sorry I finished. I forgot. I'm on the second book now. I can wait for you if you want.

message 13: by Laura, Polls (new)

Lydia wrote: "Sorry I finished. I forgot. I'm on the second book now. I can wait for you if you want."

Jajajaj dont worry, how was the first one? ok , I'll start reading it today.

message 14: by Lydia (new)

Lydia | 10 comments It was really good. I loved it.

message 15: by Amy (new)

Amy | 31 comments I'm currently reading Greenglass House by Kate Milford What I Know For Sure by Oprah Winfrey

Greenglass house is a children's mystery which I am very much enjoying so far. What I Know For Sure is a very inspirational read. I'm trying to read more nonfiction :)

message 16: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (niknakreads) | 2 comments I just finished reading Confess by Colleen Hoover, which I absolutely adored. I'm now about to start reading Grey by E.L. James, I read the first 3 and I thought why not? It can't possibly be any worse than the first 3 right?

message 17: by Davida (new)

Davida Chazan (chocolatelady) | 13 comments I'm reading Foreign Bodies by Cynthia Ozick (print) and The Last Word by Hanif Kureishi (eBook). Both are beautifully written, and VERY different.

message 18: by Laura, Polls (new)

Amy wrote: "I'm currently reading Greenglass House by Kate MilfordWhat I Know For Sure by Oprah Winfrey

Greenglass house is a children's mystery which I am very much enjoying so far. What I Know For..."

It sounds interesting. Tell me how was it when you're done.

message 19: by Laura, Polls (new)

Nicole wrote: "I just finished reading Confess by Colleen Hoover, which I absolutely adored. I'm now about to start reading Grey by E.L. James, I read the first 3 and I thought why not? It can't possibly be any w..."

I've read 2 books from Colleen and they were very good, I think she's a nice author.
Did you read midnight sun from twilight? I think the the idea of grey is kínd of similar to this one. But tell me how was it when you're done because I read the trilogy too .

message 20: by Heather (new)

Heather | 26 comments The Diviners by Libba Bray

message 21: by Julie (new)

Julie Drucker (softkittykeeper) | 25 comments I am currently reading three different books, I never seem to be able to just start one without starting another before I finish the first. I am reading one book, one on my kindle, and one on my tablet. The book is By the Breath of the People by Gil Bean and so far it is very good; it is historical fiction. The one on my tablet is Foreverland Boxed set by Tony Bertauski that I am due to review on June 25th for the blog tour so you'll just have to wait a few days to read about this one, I am within a few pages of finishing this one. The one on my kindle is The Smokefree Way by Tamar Turgal that has received great reviews and one I have been trying to set aside time for for a couple months. I was an exsmoker and started smoking again 6 years ago after my accident and have wanted to quit again so I will let you know if this truly works! I really hope it does!!!

message 22: by Kylee (new)

Kylee (kyloouxo) I just finished reading Onyx and now Im reading Opal IM IN LOVE WITH THOSE BOOKS !!!!!

message 23: by Heather (new)

Heather | 26 comments Did it pick up pace? I tried reading them but couldn't handle the slowness of the second book

message 24: by Emily (new)

Emily Murphy | 66 comments I just finished NurtureShock: New Thinking About Children. It was a fascinating read and really got me thinking about my interactions with kids. Amy, you should try it if you're trying to get into nonfiction! Here's my review if you're interested:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 25: by VeroNika (new)

VeroNika (vevequa) | 1 comments I finished Billie by Anna Gavalda and I have started Watermelon by Marian Keyes.

message 26: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (niknakreads) | 2 comments Laura wrote: "Nicole wrote: "I just finished reading Confess by Colleen Hoover, which I absolutely adored. I'm now about to start reading Grey by E.L. James, I read the first 3 and I thought why not? It can't po..."
Laura I really enjoy Colleen Hoover books! I think I read like a couple chapters (if that) of Midnight Sun, whatever I found online for it. So I finished Grey. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it. I don't know what you thought of the series originally, but I much preferred Christian's point of view than Ana's. I really didn't like her as a character- I thought she was annoying to put it simply. I found Christian to be a more interesting character and better narrater than Ana. It was definitely cool to read about Christian's point of view and see what he was thinking/experiencing through the events of the first book. I feel like they could have gone into his past more and even gone more in depth with why he is the way he is, and why he's into this whole lifestyle. Like they mentioned it a couple of times but there wasn't much detail, I felt.
I wouldn't say that its something I think people need to read, but if you want to then go for it, I found it better than 50 shades of grey! It's not fantastic but its not terrible either, it just kinda exists.

message 27: by Laura, Polls (new)

Julie wrote: "I am currently reading three different books, I never seem to be able to just start one without starting another before I finish the first. I am reading one book, one on my kindle, and one on my ta..."

what do you like more ,tablet, kindle or book?
Thank you for sharing it with us, good luck! Tell us about your progress

message 28: by Laura, Polls (new)

Heather wrote: "The Diviners by Libba Bray"

What is it about?

message 29: by Heather (new)

Heather | 26 comments Laura wrote: "Heather wrote: "The Diviners by Libba Bray"

What is it about?"

It's about a girl named Evie who lives in Ohio until she runs into trouble. She has to go live with her uncle who she hasn't seen in years in New York and from there she discovers something evil and mysterious about the place.

I gave it 5 stars and started reading Ruby Red

message 30: by Laura, Polls (new)

VeroNika wrote: "I finished Billie by Anna Gavalda and I have started Watermelon by Marian Keyes."

What is it about?

message 31: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (charmedh2ogirl) | 2 comments Currently reading City of Heavenly Fire.

message 32: by Heather (new)

Heather | 26 comments How is it so far Sarah?

message 33: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (charmedh2ogirl) | 2 comments It's great so far I am really enjoying it.

message 34: by Ananya (new)

Ananya (ananyapandey) I just finished Control and Catalyst by Lydia Kang. They were amazing! I cried during both of them (they weren't even sad, I just have a lot of emotion) and now I'm on City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare.