A Good Thriller discussion

General > Where Have You Been, Not Seen You For A While?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 189 (189 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Sean Peters | 9135 comments Mod
Here we can post if we have been off line for a while, had a break from the group, had a long holiday, finished a book, became a superstar, well maybe not !

If we are going away, busy writing please place here, let un know you are busy promoting a book, writing a book.

Or just having a break, I know some members have been very quite lately, where are they...

message 2: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) | 823 comments I've been busy reading and moderating on my book club on here on goodreads The Reading for Pleasure book club and when I finish reading a book I post my review here on goodreads. I'll try to come to this group and check in once a week if I can. Just been busy.

Lorrea - WhatChaReadin'? (whatchatreadin) | 2099 comments Mod
Since I've stopped being a moderator my life has been super busy. I have a job that I work from home, our family business and 3 weeks ago, I started a part-time job out of the house. So my activity on here will be sparse and my reading hours have resorted to just before bed and during the commercials of my tv shows.

message 4: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Dougherty (goodreadscomvictoria_dougherty) | 61 comments Writing and editing up a storm! Took my son to Prague to visit family and friends for his 13th birthday - and it was a blast! Recovering from nursing all three of my kids through the Pompeii of stomach flus ;)

message 5: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Thanks for the updates, always nice to know that you are safe but just busy.

message 6: by Janet , Moderator (new)

Janet  | 5671 comments Mod
Lorrea, I'm exhausted just reading that!! Don't burn yourself out, try and fit some rest in.

Victoria I had a weekend visit with my best friend to Prague a few years ago. Gorgeous place, we had a blast too!!!

message 7: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Dougherty (goodreadscomvictoria_dougherty) | 61 comments Prague is a best kept secret - like Chicago :)

message 8: by Janet , Moderator (new)

Then hopefully one day I'll make it to Chicago!

message 9: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Dougherty (goodreadscomvictoria_dougherty) | 61 comments It's awesome - I grew up there. If you ever do go, you must visit The Green Mill Cocktail Lounge. It's a former speakeasy from Al Capone's day and has some of the best live jazz you'll find.

message 10: by Amber (new)

Amber Foxx (amberfoxx) I feel as if I've been absent. Answering questions for a couple of blog interviews, working a promotion with two other mystery authors, and of course the day job.

message 11: by Dana (new)

Dana ****Reads Alot**** | 100 comments I have moved,had some family issues going on and a death of a pet. Its been hard even picking up a book at times.

message 12: by Janet , Moderator (new)

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Dana. Hope things are getting better for you.

message 13: by Dana (new)

Dana ****Reads Alot**** | 100 comments taking things day by day. Thank you Janet.

message 14: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Sorry to hear Dana.

Hope things are getting better

message 15: by Christine (new)

Christine (clt04) | 5584 comments Dana, I am really glad you came and touched base with us. Sending good thoughts your way. XO

message 16: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Kerry is a member we have not hear from in quite a while, sadly.

Although does keep up to date on Facebook and A Good Thriller Facebook Page.

Irene a regular for a couple of years, sadly left the group about a month ago.

And Ian not hear from in quite a while.

message 17: by Janet , Moderator (new)

Sean, Kerry hasn't been on here for about a year!!

message 18: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Chilvers (kevinchilversauthor) | 23 comments Hi - I'm still here just busy trying to churn out the first draft of book two and catch up with my reading list. Also getting the boat ready to make our way into the Mediterranean in three weeks time.
So I hope everyone's ok and I have been popping in for a looksy every so often.

message 19: by Christine (new)

Christine (clt04) | 5584 comments Where is Mike Gabor?

message 20: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Janet, no sadly !

Good question Christine , not sure..?

message 21: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 3210 comments Dana wrote: "I have moved,had some family issues going on and a death of a pet. Its been hard even picking up a book at times."

Dana, so sorry to hear about the turmoil. I hope things get better soon.

message 22: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 3210 comments I was looking over the Hot Seat thread history when I noticed Ishita's name. Haven't heard from her in awhile, either!

message 23: by Christine (new)

Christine (clt04) | 5584 comments Brenda wrote: "I was looking over the Hot Seat thread history when I noticed Ishita's name. Haven't heard from her in awhile, either!"

You are right, Brenda.

message 24: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Christine,

PM sent to Mike Gabor, no reply.

No longer a moderator

Ishita, is still a member and posting in some fun threads.

message 25: by Christine (new)

Christine (clt04) | 5584 comments Sean wrote: "Christine,

PM sent to Mike Gabor, no reply.

No longer a moderator

Ishita, is still a member and posting in some fun threads."

OK, yay on Ishita. Hope Mike is OK. I saw a review from him maybe a month ago. Strange.

message 26: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Mike Gabor is no longer a moderator.

Sent PM nothing back sadly, so not sure if he is okay.

message 27: by Dana (new)

Dana ****Reads Alot**** | 100 comments thank you. he was almost 20 my cat. he lived a good long life and still loved to play "boxing" up to the very end. he was soooo affectionate and happy to see people. he hated my dog unfortunately.

message 28: by Ty (new)

Ty Patterson | 542 comments People drop out.it's no big deal.

expecting a whole lotta folks to consistently keep posting on an anonymous forum for years is unrealistic.

who knows how many of us will still be around here in a year's time!

message 29: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Ty

yes I know and I know we have busy authors who pop off to promote etc..

But I have members here for over three years !

And quite a few for 1-3 years and I am pleased to keep them interested.

message 30: by H.N. (new)

H.N. Wake | 107 comments And sometimes lurking is all we can manage for a week or so. :)

message 31: by Blanche (new)

Blanche Manos (blanchedaymanos) | 30 comments Lurking is a good cozy mystery word.

message 32: by Ava (new)

Ava Marsh | 34 comments I've been a bit slack posting in here for a while. Just had my head down finishing a novel, and now with Untouchable coming out in May, I'm busy getting ready for that. But I haven't forgotten you all!

message 33: by Blanche (new)

Blanche Manos (blanchedaymanos) | 30 comments Good luck on your new novel coming out, Ava. I hope it is a best seller for you.

message 34: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Nice to have you back.

No problem posting on the Facebook page.

message 35: by Blanche (new)

Blanche Manos (blanchedaymanos) | 30 comments That's terrible, Aaron. Scary too.
http://www.blanchedaymanos.com/treasu...

message 36: by Blanche (new)

Blanche Manos (blanchedaymanos) | 30 comments Right! One of those things we don't want to look back on except maybe to put it down to experience. It's really sad there are people ready to take advantage.http://www.blanchedaymanos.com/treasu...

message 37: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Mike Gabor contacted me today.

Health is fine, just became involved in too much, and will pop in when he has the chance

message 38: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Hunter (kerryelizabeth) | 268 comments Well life has really thrown a lot at me lately. There was a breakup, I moved away from my dad's place for the first time ever and am living on my own (ooo scary) and I lost a few friends along the way so things have been busy and tough. Getting back into reading again now though and have missed all you guys!

message 39: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Hunter (kerryelizabeth) | 268 comments Oh hey, you guys mentioned me. You're amazing people <3 Finally feeling more like myself so hope to be a lot more active :)

message 40: by Christine (new)

Christine (clt04) | 5584 comments Kerry wrote: "Oh hey, you guys mentioned me. You're amazing people <3 Finally feeling more like myself so hope to be a lot more active :)"

Hi Kerry!!!!!! I am so sorry that life has been throwing you curveballs. It sounds like you have been through a terribly rough time. Gosh, you just never know what is around the corner, do you? One of the hardest things about life. So pleased you are getting your mojo back, both life and reading mojo. Thanks so much for checking in!!! XOXO

message 41: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Kerry

Welcome back, nice to have you back.

You can see how we have grown, a lot more friends and a lot more chatting.

Hope everything is better in your life.

I had a tough two weeks with my diabetes, when very low 3-4 times.

Okay now.

Good to see you

message 42: by Eduardo (new)

Eduardo Suastegui (esuastegui) The writing thing... it takes a lot of time and energy. I've been popping in to lurk here and there, but yeah, I'm still here. Good to see all the folks here interacting!

message 43: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Hunter (kerryelizabeth) | 268 comments Sean not sure if you remember whether I'm a fellow diabetes sufferer or not but know that my inbox both here and facebook is open to talk to on those unstable days and I pray your levels are improving for now.

Thank you as well for the welcomes everyone :) feels good to be back!

message 44: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) | 823 comments Sorry I have not been around in a while in the group. I have been busy reading, Staying active at my Reading for Pleasure book club on here with a few other book clubs I am active at, getting ready to go to MTAC which is a local anime convention in TN next month and is my second year going and am working on a costume so will be my first time cosplaying there as Ash Ketchum from Season 1 of the anime Pokémon so am currently working on my costume for the convention in April. I have also been helping a friend out with her online indie horror film festival she is putting on this Summer as one of the Judges and so I've been helping her judge the films that are being submitted to it. So been doing that, working on my horror and dark fantasy web serials on here which are works in progress right now at my goodreads writing page called Written In Their Blood and EPICQUEST, my movie reviews once a week for friends and family on facebook on Saturdays, and posting my book reviews on my goodreads page too. I hope everyone has a good St. Patrick's Day. Last book I finished reading was Little Brother which was a pretty good read and am now reading A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness then will go to my other reads.

Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice* (sandyj21) | 4546 comments Have been off after having eye surgery. Still struggling a bit, so am going to stick to audio books for a while and try to keep off the computer......8:D

message 46: by Becky (new)

Becky Johnson | 35 comments I've been away for a while. Now I am trying to get back involved with my groups. I was finishing a class for a work certification. The reading for that took all my time. :( Hopefully I am free of that for a while anyway!

message 47: by Mary (new)

Mary | 3 comments I haven't been here much. Been busy. Will try to be here more often.

message 48: by Dawn (new)

Dawn G | 908 comments Oops, guess I should have posted here instead of on chat, chat, chatter.

Anyway, I am back! Hope everyone is well.

message 49: by Christine (new)

Christine (clt04) | 5584 comments Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaawnie!!!!!!!

message 50: by Dawn (new)

Dawn G | 908 comments Awe Christine!!

« previous 1 3 4