Shut Up & Read discussion

Archived Reading Challenges > June Zoo Animals Challenge

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Leigh | 15877 comments Mod
June Zoo Animals Challenge
zoo
For this challenge we will be traveling through the zoo looking at our favorite animals.
Duration June 1st- 30th, 2020

1.Gorilla-🦍 Read a book that starts with a “G”, with a MC that is deaf or uses sign language or is 300 pages.
2.Lion-🦁 Read a book that has a crown or lion on the cover or MC is a king or part of the royalty.
3.Giraffe-🦒 Read a book that has a brown cover, over 400 pages or MC who is tall.
4.Panda-🐼 Read a book set in China, with a black and white cover or involving any Asian culture(s).
5.Flamingo-🦩 Read a book with a pink cover, set in Florida or title starts with a “F”
6.Tiger-🐯 Read a book set in India, with an orange cover or author’s name starts with a “T”
7.Snakes-🐍 Read a book with a snake on the cover, a character who you would consider “slithery” or with a green cover.
8.Alligator-🐊 Read a book that is set in Louisiana or near water or author’s name that starts with an “A”
9.Elephant-🐘 Read a book with a gray cover, starts with an “E” or MC has a close net family.
10.Wolf-🐺 Read a book with a group of friends, starts with a ”W”, has a wolf on the cover or is a about shifters.

Challenge levels:
Zoo Keeper: 1-3 books
Zoologist: 4-6 books
Zoo Veterinarian: 7-10 books

EVERYONE TO FINISH THIS CHALLENGE WILL RECEIVE THIS BADGE.
description

Happy Reading!

message 2: by Tari (last edited Jun 14, 2020 04:58PM) (new)

Tari (thann) | 170 comments Aww what an adorable badge, he's waving, gotta get this one!

Zoo Keeper: 1-3 books
Zoologist: 4-6 books will go for this level
8 books

1.Gorilla-🦍 Read a book that starts with a “G”, with a MC that is deaf or uses sign language or is 300 pages.
304 pages A Sprinkling of Murder Daryl Wood Gerber 6/14/20

2.Lion-🦁 Read a book that has a crown or lion on the cover or MC is a king or part of the royalty.

3.Giraffe-🦒 Read a book that has a brown cover, over 400 pages or MC who is tall.
Adrienne is 5'8" Killer Cruise A.R. Winters 6/6/20

4.Panda-🐼 Read a book set in China, with a black and white cover or involving any Asian culture(s).

5.Flamingo-🦩 Read a book with a pink cover, set in Florida or title starts with a “F”
Murder By Chocolate (A Bite-sized Bakery Cozy Mystery, #1) by Rosie A. Point Rosie A. Point 6/8/20

6.Tiger-🐯 Read a book set in India, with an orange cover or author’s name starts with a “T”
Tegan Maher-Thyme to Kill Tegan Maher 6/5/20

7.Snakes-🐍 Read a book with a snake on the cover, a character who you would consider “slithery” or with a green cover.
Leo Moreau-No Filter Heather Day Gilbert 6/1/20

8.Alligator-🐊 Read a book that is set in Louisiana or near water or author’s name that starts with an “A”
Killer Soufflés & Clichés (A Cruise Ship Cozy Mystery Series Book 2) by Mel McCoy Mel McCoy 6/13/20

9.Elephant-🐘 Read a book with a gray cover, starts with an “E” or MC has a close net family.
Sasha and her family are very close and work together at the bear factory and shop-Bear Witness to Murder Meg Macy 6/4/20

10.Wolf-🐺 Read a book with a group of friends, starts with a ”W”, has a wolf on the cover or is a about shifters.
A Muddied Murder Wendy Tyson 6/3/20

message 3: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Tari, so glad you like it. Hope you enjoy the challenge! I have been working hard on creating interesting challenges and badges.

message 4: by Tari (new)

Tari (thann) | 170 comments Thanks! We all appreciate your hard work! :)

message 5: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Tari wrote: "Thanks! We all appreciate your hard work! :)"

Thank you.

message 6: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (last edited Jun 24, 2020 10:52AM) (new)

zoo
For this challenge we will be traveling through the zoo looking at our favorite animals.
Duration June 1st- 30th, 2020

Challenge levels: Zoo Veterinarian
Completed: 10/10

1.Gorilla-🦍 (MC is deaf) Tall, Tatted and Tempting (The Reed Brothers, #1) by Tammy Falkner 6/23
2.Lion-🦁 (lion on the cover) Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels, #8) by Ilona Andrews 6/3
3.Giraffe-🦒 (over 400 pages) City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare 6/16
4.Panda-🐼 (involving any Asian culture) The Night Tiger by Yangsze Choo 6/23
5.Flamingo-🦩 (pink cover) Captured (Fallen Siren, #0.5) by S.J. Harper 6/24
6.Tiger-🐯 (orange cover) City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare 6/8
7.Snakes-🐍 (green cover) Veiled in Moonlight (The Ministry of Curiosities, #8) by C.J. Archer 6/20
8.Alligator-🐊 (set in Louisiana) Dark Queen (Jane Yellowrock, #12) by Faith Hunter 6/18
9.Elephant-🐘 (gray cover) Strands of Truth by Colleen Coble 6/3
10.Wolf-🐺 (about shifters) Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4) by Patricia Briggs 6/10

message 7: by MollyK (new)

MollyK | 206 comments How cute! I'm in.

message 8: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

MollyK wrote: "How cute! I'm in."

Yay!

message 9: by Marta (last edited Jun 20, 2020 01:51PM) (new)

Marta | 31 comments Zoo Keeper: 1-3 books
Zoologist: 4-6 books will go for this level
Zoo Veterinarian: 7-10 books

4/

Then You Happened by K. Bromberg 06/03 3,5* 317 pages
Stealing Cinderella by A. Zavarelli
Carried Away by P. Dangelico 06/17
Pink by Bethany-Kris 06/06 3,5*
Release by Aly Martinez 06/03 3*
Hard Sell (21 Wall Street, #2) by Lauren Layne

message 10: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Yay Marta!

message 11: by Elle (last edited Jun 24, 2020 09:45PM) (new)

Elle (elleay) | 140 comments June Zoo Animals Challenge

Level: Zoo Veterinarian: 7-10 books
Read:
10/10

1. Gorilla-🦍 Read a book that starts with a “G”, with a MC that is deaf or uses sign language or is 300 pages.
Lick | Kylie Scott - June 5

2. Lion-🦁 Read a book that has a crown or lion on the cover or MC is a king or part of the royalty.
Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen Library Lion | Michelle Knudsen - June 21

3. Giraffe-🦒 Read a book that has a brown cover, over 400 pages or MC who is tall.
Killing November | Adriana Mather - June 18

4. Panda-🐼 Read a book set in China, with a black and white cover or involving any Asian culture(s).
The Empress of Salt and Fortune | Nghi Vo - June 4

5. Flamingo-🦩 Read a book with a pink cover, set in Florida or title starts with a “F”
For He Can Creep | Siobhan Carroll - June 21

6. Tiger-🐯 Read a book set in India, with an orange cover or author’s name starts with a “T”
Liturgy of the Ordinary | Tish Harrison Warren - June 16

7. Snakes-🐍 Read a book with a snake on the cover, a character who you would consider “slithery” or with a green cover.
Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1) by Shelby Mahurin Serpent & Dove | Shelby Mahurin - June 24

8. Alligator-🐊 Read a book that is set in Louisiana or near water or author’s name that starts with an “A”
Clap When You Land | Elizabeth Acevedo - June 9

9. Elephant-🐘 Read a book with a gray cover, starts with an “E” or MC has a close-knit family.
Be My Brayshaw | Meagan Brandy - June 13

10. Wolf-🐺 Read a book with a group of friends, starts with a ”W”, has a wolf on the cover or is about shifters.
Smoke Bitten | Patricia Briggs - June 8

message 12: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Yay Elle!

message 13: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Jun 28, 2020 12:28PM) (new)

Sheri | 12304 comments Mod
✔ 1.Gorilla-🦍 Read a book that starts with a “G”, with a MC that is deaf or uses sign language or is 300 pages. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (G)
✔ 2.Lion-🦁 Read a book that has a crown or lion on the cover or MC is a king or part of the royalty. The Dovekeepers (lion)
✔ 3.Giraffe-🦒 Read a book that has a brown cover, over 400 pages or MC who is tall. City of Fallen Angels (over 400 pages)
✔ 6.Tiger-🐯 Read a book set in India, with an orange cover or author’s name starts with a “T” The Hiding Place: The Triumphant True Story of Corrie Ten Boom by Corrie ten Boom
✔ 7.Snakes-🐍 Read a book with a snake on the cover, a character who you would consider “slithery” or with a green cover. Playing Nice (slithery character)
✔ 8.Alligator-🐊 Read a book that is set in Louisiana or near water or author’s name that starts with an “A” Wilder Girls (water)
✔ 9.Elephant-🐘 Read a book with a gray cover, starts with an “E” or MC has a close net family. The Hiding Place: The Triumphant True Story of Corrie Ten Boom (close family)
✔ 10.Wolf-🐺 Read a book with a group of friends, starts with a ”W”, has a wolf on the cover or is a about shifters. Bone Crossed (shifters)

message 14: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Yay Sheri!

message 15: by Taya (last edited Jun 28, 2020 12:56PM) (new)

Taya Fosmire (bibliotaya) | 134 comments attempting to be a zoologist by the end of the month
Competed: 5/6

The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren 400 pages

The Reptile Room (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #2) by Lemony Snicket
The Austere Academy (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #5) by Lemony Snicket

The Wide Window (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #3) by Lemony Snicket Wasted A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia by Marya Hornbacher

message 16: by MollyK (last edited Jul 01, 2020 06:13AM) (new)

MollyK | 206 comments Zoologist: 4-6 books

1) Lion-🦁 - Royalty
Miranda in Milan by Katharine Duckett
06/08

2) Panda-🐼 - China /Asian culture
White Ivy by Susie Yang
06/14

3) Alligator-🐊 - Water
Robo-Liopleurodon! by Darcie Little Badger
06/17

4) Snakes-🐍 - slithery character / green cover
Two Truths and a Lie by Sarah Pinsker
06/18

5) Flamingo-🦩 - Starts w/ an "F"
Final Girls by Riley Sager
06/28

5 entries completed

message 17: by Krystal (last edited Jun 22, 2020 03:00PM) (new)

Krystal (krystallee6363) | 46 comments I'm in for Zoo Keeper (3 books)
Progress: 3/3
COMPLETE!

7.Snakes-🐍 Read a book with a green cover.
North Star Guide Me Home by Jo Spurrier Review Here
North Star Guide Me Home (Children of the Black Sun, #3) by Jo Spurrier

9.Elephant-🐘 MC has a close net family.
Ghost Bird by Lisa Fuller Review Here

10.Wolf-🐺 Read a book about shifters.
Bitten by Kelley Armstrong Review Here

message 18: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Welcome Taya, MollyK and Krystal!

message 19: by Tari (new)

Tari (thann) | 170 comments Msg. 2, ended up with 8 books, but I was originally only going for 4-6 :)

message 21: by Tari (new)

Tari (thann) | 170 comments Msg. 2, ended with 8 books at Zoo Veterinarian level or if it needs to be complete, I definitely completed Zoologist level :)

message 22: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Congratulations Tari! Here is your badge.
description

message 23: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystallee6363) | 46 comments I'm done :) Feels good to finish my first ever challenge with this group, even if it was only a baby effort lol

Zoo Keeper (3 books)
COMPLETE!

7.Snakes-🐍 Read a book with a green cover.
North Star Guide Me Home by Jo Spurrier
Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
North Star Guide Me Home (Children of the Black Sun, #3) by Jo Spurrier

9.Elephant-🐘 MC has a close net family.
Ghost Bird by Lisa Fuller

10.Wolf-🐺 Read a book about shifters.
Bitten by Kelley Armstrong

message 24: by Tari (new)

Tari (thann) | 170 comments Leigh wrote: "Congratulations Tari! Here is your badge.
"

Oooo thanks! It's so adorable!

message 25: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Congratulations Krystal! Welcome to the group and our challenges. I will have another fun one for July. I hope you join us for that one, too. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Here is your badge.
description

message 26: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystallee6363) | 46 comments Leigh wrote: "Congratulations Krystal! Welcome to the group and our challenges. I will have another fun one for July. I hope you join us for that one, too. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Here is your badge.
"

Sounds good! Thank you! :)

message 27: by Elle (new)

Elle (elleay) | 140 comments Completed the challenge. Post #11.

message 28: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Congratulations Elle! Here is your badge.
description

message 29: by Elle (new)

Elle (elleay) | 140 comments Leigh wrote: "Congratulations Elle! Here is your badge.
"

Thank you, Leigh!

message 30: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Sheri | 12304 comments Mod
I got 8/10 read. I think that's all I'm going to get in June :)

message 31: by Taya (new)

Taya Fosmire (bibliotaya) | 134 comments i got 5 out of 6 books planned for the month and I don't believe I will be finishing another anytime soon

message 32: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Sheri wrote: "I got 8/10 read. I think that's all I'm going to get in June :)"

Congratulations Sheri! Here is your badge.
description

message 33: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Taya wrote: "i got 5 out of 6 books planned for the month and I don't believe I will be finishing another anytime soon"

Congratulations Taya! Here is your badge.
description

message 34: by Andra (new)

Andra Weis (andra_weis) | 83 comments Reviewed what I have read this month and thought - might as well list what I have accomplished - 6/10:

1.Gorilla-🦍 Read a book that starts with a “G”
The German Midwife by Mandy Robotham

3.Giraffe-🦒 Read a book that over 400 pages
The Prayer Box by Lisa Wingate

6.Tiger-🐯 Read a book - author’s name starts with a “T”
Blood Under Cherry Blossoms by T.J. Holtz
7.Snakes-🐍 Read a book with a character who you would consider “slithery”
Cucumber Quest: The Doughnut Kingdom by Gigi D. G.
8.Alligator-🐊 Read a book that is set in Louisiana
Butterfly Bayou by Lexi Blake

10.Wolf-🐺 Read a book starts with a ”W”
Witch This Way by Carolyn Ridder Aspenson

message 35: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Congratulations Andra! Here is your badge.
description

message 36: by Andra (new)

Andra Weis (andra_weis) | 83 comments Leigh wrote: "Congratulations Andra! Here is your badge.
"

Thank you, Leigh!

message 37: by MollyK (last edited Jul 01, 2020 06:14AM) (new)

MollyK | 206 comments Completed! :)

MSG 15

message 38: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Congratulations MollyK! Here is your badge.
description

message 39: by Marta (new)

Marta | 31 comments Completed with Zoologist: 4 books

message 40: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Congratulations Marta! Here is your badge.
description