Time Travel discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Club Discussions > Nominate Books for March/April 2020 Group Read

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 990 comments Mod
Time to start thinking about the next book club group read for March/April.

Post your nomination here so we can get a poll up by the middle of February. I am trying to get a head start instead of the last minute.

No self nominations.

Here is a link to books already read by the group:

https://www.goodreads.com/group/books...

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) | 872 comments I just realized today that I still have Bittersweet Memories: A Novel on my tablet, unread. I most heartily apologize to the author, Lynn Osterkamp, who sent me a copy because I specially asked for one! So I'll nominate that, and if it doesn't win, I hope to read it immediately after the poll closes in Feb.!

message 3: by Nancy (new)

I will nominate Here and Now and Then.

message 4: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) | 872 comments Nancy wrote: "I will nominate Here and Now and Then."

We read that last March/April.

message 5: by Nancy (new)

Cheryl wrote: "Nancy wrote: "I will nominate Here and Now and Then."

We read that last March/April."

OMG! I forget to read it! I still have it marked “to read.” I guess I was behind and forgot to go read it. 🤦🏼‍♀️

message 6: by Nancy (new)

Now I feel dumb.

message 7: by Nancy (new)

Back to the drawing board....

message 8: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) | 872 comments Not so dumb... it happens to all of us!

message 9: by Nancy (new)

Ok, I checked the list 😁 and I will nominate The Eyre Affair.

message 10: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) | 872 comments The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August was the monthly read in November 2014. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Apparently nobody shelved it, so you had no way of knowing that we'd read it. (I remember being disappointed by it, so that's how I knew.)

message 11: by Nancy (new)

Cheryl wrote: "The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August was the monthly read in November 2014. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Apparently nobody ..."

I added the book to the shelves. I liked it.

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 179 comments Nancy wrote: "Cheryl wrote: "The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August was the monthly read in November 2014. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

App..."

I have read it twice.

message 13: by Nancy (new)

Jennifer wrote: "I have read it twice..."

I would read it again.

message 14: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) | 872 comments We could always reopen the original thread, as we did for Many-Coloured Land. Then it would be kinda like a Buddy Read. I'd be willing to try again.

message 15: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Glasser | 208 comments How about Pirate Freedom by Gene Wolfe?
Pirate Freedom

Or Island in the Sea of Time by S. M. Stirling?
Island in the Sea of Time

message 16: by Nancy (new)

Cheryl wrote: "We could always reopen the original thread, as we did for Many-Coloured Land. Then it would be kinda like a Buddy Read. I'd be willing to try again."

Anyone can set up a buddy read. If anyone wants to read it, I am sure adding to the existing thread would be fine.

message 17: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) | 872 comments Right. Sydney, would you like to go to that thread and 're-open' it?

Meanwhile I guess we're up to four nominations for the 'official' group read. Would you like me to come up with another, Nancy?

message 18: by Nancy (last edited Jan 27, 2020 07:10PM) (new)

Sure, if you have another nomination. I’ll give it another couple days just to see if we get any more then put up a poll.

message 19: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) | 872 comments Thank you. I do also have a short story anthology, Time After Time, ed. by Denise Little, languishing on my shelf. I need an excuse to read it and offer it out on paperbackswap. :)

message 20: by Steven (new)

Steven (politicoprof) | 73 comments I nominate Lightning by Dean Koontz and Forever by Pete Hamill.

message 21: by Nancy (new)

Great! Lots of choices. I will close the thread to new nominations and get a poll up.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.