SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Archive: Past Team Challenges > R10: Team #3 ~ Power of Free

Comments Showing 1-50 of 359 (359 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Oct 28, 2014 09:56AM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29020 comments Team #3
Captain: Sandra

Members:
Sandra
Michelle
Preethi
Leslie
Dragana

message 2: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29020 comments Just a Hop, Skip & Click Away
Happy Reading!

Shelf Announcements ~ Check for the latest shelf announcements & review the requirements for each shelf
Free Space Rules ~ Where to look when pickin' your free space book
Stamp Me! ~ Request a stamp for your bingo card
Discussions ~ Throughout the game, head here to chat with other players & shelf chant til your heart's content
Bingo FAQ ~ Don't hesitate! If you have a question, let us know.

message 3: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29020 comments Hiya, Team Caps! Thanks for volunteering to guide your team through a round of BookShelf Bingo!

Your job, should you choose to accept it, will require a few things:
1 ~ Be our go-to person should we have any questions about your team
2 ~ Organize your teammate's weekly reads for each shelf/category so that the BSB Ninjas can quickly and easily verify and approve your stamp request(s)
3 ~ Encourage and motivate your team (you may also ask to borrow Judithe's whip whenever necessary)
4 ~ Post regularly to ensure your team is communicating and on track each week (Send them a PM and friendly poke if they haven't posted at least once a week, noted their book choice, and/or appear to have dropped out of webspace)
5 ~ Send us a PM (Steph, Sandra or Judithe) should you need us for any reason throughout the game

message 4: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Dec 02, 2014 03:26PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29020 comments Link to print your own copy: BINGO card

SOS book shelf bingo card

message 5: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29020 comments ...

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments I am really looking forward to this round, I am Michelle and I have a one-click addiction, free books are my kryptonite and I am so happy to have an excuse to read some of them :)

message 7: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1224 comments Hello Team!! And Hi Michelle!! So glad we are on another team together.

I love Bookshelf Bingo and am really looking forward to reading some of the freebies that have piled up on my nook and kindle. I'm an official member of the one-click support group.

message 8: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments *Waves hi to Michelle & Leslie* Preethi & Dragana hopefully will be along shortly.

Sweet, we've got genuine participaters on our team :)

I could probably say the same for the other teams, but I won't as this is OUR team. LOL.

Team name time and does anyone want to be captain? There's only a short time till the game begins, so we better get thinking.

message 9: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1224 comments Hi Sandra!! I'm excited as well about our team. It's nice to know that we are all strong readers and players.

The only thing that comes up for a name is Three's Company. I'm terrible at names but happy to go along with anything.
I will have to opt out as captain. too much going on in my life at the moment. But I'm happy to help in any way.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Team! (I'm here, I'm here, Sandra) Glad to be a part of another Bingo round! It would be wonderful to read at least some of the freebies that have been piling up on my kindle!

I do not want to be captain, either. My brother is getting married in a fortnight, and life's too crazy right now.

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments We do seem to have a good team this time around. I must admit I smiled a lot when I saw your names.

I am horrible with picking names to be honest, maybe something with Triquetra in it? I kinda like that word.

I'm not fussed on being Captain, if anyone wants it they are welcome to wield the whip.

message 12: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments Well, unless Dragana wants to be captain, I'll do it, I've had plenty of practice after all. LOL.

As to names, I'm pretty crap at it too.

Three's Company
Triquetra
Power of Three
Charmed
Threesome
Trifecta
Tried and True

????
You've gotta do better than those.

message 13: by Dragana (last edited Oct 28, 2014 02:21AM) (new)

Dragana (diaryofthebookdragon) | 323 comments Hi team. It's good to see some familiar faces. :)

I would like to skip being the team captain if possible. I have a 8 months old kid, so some days I may not be too quick to respond. But don't worry I always find time to read. :D

I am looking forward to this challenge. Maybe I will finally make a dent in a pile of Kindle freebies I accumulated. Although so far, I just have a better excuse why am I downloading them. For the challenge, you know, ... :D

Whenever I don't have inspiration for names I borrow them from Stephanie Plum series:
Three to Get Deadly
Three to Score
or...
Triple Threat
Triple Play

message 14: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (last edited Oct 28, 2014 03:44AM) (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments OK. That's me for el capitan duty.

Start naming your fav names people, or add more to the list.

ETA: If you want, you can list your Freespace Freebie ready for Wednesday :)

message 15: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (last edited Dec 03, 2014 04:36PM) (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments Freespace
Stamped
Sandra - SOS eVantage The Dragon King and I - (3★ Review)
Michelle - SOS eVantage Eternal Breath of Darkness - (4★ Review)
Preethi - SOS eVantage Beyond The Veil (3.5★ Review)
Leslie - Option 3 Because of Jacqueline - (3★ Review)
Dragana - SOS eVantage Her Mad Hatter - (2.5★ Review)
The Dragon King and I (Fairest of Them All #1) by Adrianne Brooks Eternal Breath of Darkness (Breath of Darkness, #1) by Candice Stauffer Beyond The Veil (The Veil Series, #1) by Pippa DaCosta Because of Jacqueline by Cynthia Pomranz Her Mad Hatter (Kingdom, #1) by Marie Hall
Wk 1: 29/10/14
ER Stamped

Sandra Shadow's Passion - (Shadow WardER) - ( 3.5★ Review)
Michelle Walking on Her Grave - (5★ Review)
Preethi Blue Lily, Lily Blue - Maggie StiefvatER ( 4★ Review)
Leslie Skinwalker - (4★ Review)
Dragana Gerard's Beauty (3.5★ Review)
Shadow's Passion (Shadow Warder, #0.5) by Molle McGregor Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River #4) by Melinda Leigh Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1) by Faith Hunter Gerard's Beauty (Kingdom, #2) by Marie Hall
Wk 1: 29/10/14
B
Stamped
Sandra Opal Fire - Barbara Annino - (3★ Review)
Michelle Bring Me a Dream - (5★ Review)
Preethi Into the Darkness - K.F.Breene - (1★ Review)
Leslie The Wedding Trap - Adrienne Bell - (3.5★ Review)
Dragana The Body Electric - (4.5★ Review)
Opal Fire (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #1) by Barbra Annino Bring Me a Dream (Reveler, #5) by Erin Kellison Into the Darkness (Darkness, #1) by K.F. Breene The Wedding Trap (Second Service #1) by Adrienne Bell The Body Electric by Beth Revis
Wk 2: 5/11/14
N Stamped

Sandra Darkness - (New Species) - (5★ Review)
Michelle Extreme Measures - Elisabeth Naughton ( 3★ Review)
Preethi Night Play ( 3★ Review)
Leslie Night Forbidden ( 3★ Review)
Dragana Duplicity - Nikki Jefford - (4★ Review)
Darkness (New Species, #12) by Laurann Dohner Extreme Measures (Aegis Security, #1) by Elisabeth Naughton Night Play (Were-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Night Forbidden (Envy Chronicles, #5) by Joss Ware Duplicity (Spellbound #2) by Nikki Jefford
Wk 2: 5/11/14
LO
Stamped
Sandra To Light The Dragon's Fire ( 4★ Review)
Michelle Born in Blood (4★ Review)
Preethi Burn for Me (5★ Review)
Leslie Burn for Me - (5★ Review)
Dragana King's (4★ Review)
To Light The Dragon's Fire (Dragons, Griffons and Centaurs, Oh My! #1) by Margaret Taylor Born in Blood (The Sentinels, #1) by Alexandra Ivy Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1) by Ilona Andrews Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1) by Ilona Andrews King's (The King Trilogy, #1) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
Wk 3: 12/11/14
HA
Stamped
Sandra Captured by S.J. Harper ( 3★ Review)
Michelle The Alpha's Heart (5★ Review)
Preethi The Alpha's Search (2.5★ Review)
Leslie Archangel's Shadows (4★ Review)
Dragana The Shadow Prince ( 3.5★ Review)
Captured (Fallen Siren, #0.5) by S.J. Harper The Alpha's Heart (Wilde Creek, #2) by R.E. Butler The Alpha's Search by Natalie Shaw Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7) by Nalini Singh The Shadow Prince (Mortal Enchantment, #1) by Stacey O'Neale
Wk 3: 12/11/14
D
Stamped
Sandra Declan and Tori ( 4★ Review)
Michelle Rocky by Bianca D'Arc (4.5★ Review)
Preethi Seventh Grave and No Body by Darynda Jones (5★ Review)
Leslie Evernight (Darkest London) ( 5★ Review)
Dragana The Diabolical Miss Hyde (4★ Review)
Declan and Tori (The Hunters, #1) by Shiloh Walker Rocky (Tales of the Were, #3, The Others, #1) by Bianca D'Arc Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7) by Darynda Jones Evernight (Darkest London, #5) by Kristen Callihan The Diabolical Miss Hyde (Electric Empire, #1) by Viola Carr
Wk 4: 19/11/14
CH
Stamped
Sandra Alex's Destiny by A.K. Michaels ( 3★ Review)
Michelle Christmas Conspiracy (3.5 - 4★ Review)
Preethi Spell Check (4★ Review)
Leslie Terminated by Rachel Caine ( 4★ Review)
Dragana The Secrets of Sir Richard Kenworthy (4.5★ Review)
Alex's Destiny (Defender's Blood, #1) by A.K. Michaels Christmas Conspiracy by Robin Perini Spell Check by Julie Wright Terminated (Revivalist, #3) by Rachel Caine The Secrets of Sir Richard Kenworthy (Smythe-Smith Quartet, #4) by Julia Quinn
Wk 4: 19/11/14
L
Stamped
Sandra Smiley by Laurann Dohner (4★ Review)
Michelle Kodiak's Claim by Eve Langlais ( 5★ Review)
Preethi Lumière (4★ Review)
Leslie Let Me Love You ( 2.5★ Review)
Dragana Lady Macbeth: Daughter of Ravens (3.5★ Review)
Smiley (New Species, #13) by Laurann Dohner Kodiak's Claim (Kodiak Point, #1) by Eve Langlais Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1) by Jacqueline Garlick Let Me Love You (Blue Lake, #4) by Kristin Miller Lady Macbeth Daughter of Ravens (The Saga of Lady Macbeth, #1) by Melanie Karsak
Wk 5: 26/11/14
A
3/5 Completed
Sandra Alcandian Quest ( 3★ Review)
Michelle Blood Assassin by Alexandra Ivy (4.5★ Review)
Preethi Red Blooded by Amanda Carlson
Leslie What Happens At Christmas by Victoria Alexander (3★ Review)
Dragana
Alcandian Quest (Alcandians, #1) by Mary Wine Blood Assassin (The Sentinels, #2) by Alexandra Ivy Red Blooded (Jessica McClain, #4) by Amanda Carlson What Happens At Christmas (Millworth Manor, #1) by Victoria Alexander

message 16: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1224 comments My Free space read will be Thankless in Death (In Death, #37) by J.D. Robb
Checked out from the library

message 17: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments My free space read will be Eternal Breath of Darkness (Breath of Darkness, #1) by Candice Stauffer

message 18: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (last edited Dec 16, 2014 03:11AM) (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments Wk 5: 26/11/14
G
4/5 Completed
Sandra The Guardian (2★ Review)
Michelle Light My Fire by G.A. Aiken
Preethi Gravediggers (3★ Review)
Leslie The Great Jackalope Stampede (4★ Review)
Dragana Her Sudden Groom by Rose Gordon (3★ Review)
The Guardian (The Wolfe, #1) by Donna Oltrogge Light My Fire (Dragon Kin, #7) by G.A. Aiken Gravediggers by Cindy M. Hogan The Great Jackalope Stampede (Jackrabbit Junction, #3) by Ann Charles Her Sudden Groom (The Grooms, #1) by Rose Gordon

Wk 6: 3/12/14
P

1/5 Completed
Sandra Primal Instinct (4★ Review)
Michelle
Preethi
Leslie
Dragana
Primal Instinct (Pendragon Gargoyles 0.5) by Sydney Somers

Wk 6: 3/12/14
DE

2/5 Completed
Sandra
Michelle Creation in Death (5★ Review)
Preethi
Leslie Concealed in Death ( 4.5★ Review)
Dragana
Creation in Death (In Death, #25) by J.D. Robb Concealed in Death (In Death, #38) by J.D. Robb

message 19: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1224 comments I can see that this challenge is going to be very dangerous. When I saw what Michelle posted I thought "I haven't heard of that freebie! Why don't I have that one!"

message 20: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments LOL! Book 2 is FREE also - Sweet, Decadent Fire (Breath of Darkness, #2) by Candice Stauffer - not that you need any encouragement... ;)

message 21: by Dragana (new)

Dragana (diaryofthebookdragon) | 323 comments As Leslie said, maybe this challenge was not such a good idea. We will see if my pile of freebies will be bigger or smaller by the end. :D

As my free space I will read - Her Mad Hatter (Kingdom, #1) by Marie Hall . Kindle Freebie from 'SOS eVantage' category.

message 22: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments Michelle wrote: "LOL! Book 2 is FREE also - Sweet, Decadent Fire (Breath of Darkness, #2) by Candice Stauffer - not that you need any encouragement... ;)"

2nd one isn't free for me :(

Yep, I hear you Dragana.

message 23: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments :( That's not fun.

Yeah, my hopes of a smaller tbr at the end is dwindling quickly.

message 24: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments Maybe we can shorten the tbr by removing the crap ones. LOL

message 25: by Dragana (new)

Dragana (diaryofthebookdragon) | 323 comments Sandra wrote: "Maybe we can shorten the tbr by removing the crap ones. LOL"

You are right Sandra. I didn't think about that angle. :)

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm still searching for my free space read. I'll let you all know once I choose something. Right now I cannot think of any team name at all. But maybe something with 'free' in it, since this is the first FREEBIE BINGO after all?

message 27: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments Sandra wrote: "Maybe we can shorten the tbr by removing the crap ones. LOL"

Now there's an idea!

Power of Free?

message 28: by Dragana (new)

Dragana (diaryofthebookdragon) | 323 comments I like Preethi's idea about incorporating word freebie in group name.
Maybe Freebie-jeebies?
Power of Free also sounds good.

message 29: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1224 comments Either one sounds great!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Freebie-Jeebies sounds good to me:)

message 31: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments I like Power of Free as it is like a nod to the Charmed Ones & implies 3.

message 32: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments Still looking for my freespace choice as well.

message 33: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments Sandra wrote: "I like Power of Free as it is like a nod to the Charmed Ones & implies 3."

Me too, I was thinking of Charmed.

message 34: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments I'm assuming the shelf posts will be the middle of the night for me, so just post what you're going to read and I'll update them when I get up :)

message 35: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments It probably will cause I think it will be late afternoon for me, I won't get much reading done tonight I don't think but I will choose my books and get started on them first thing tomorrow :)

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

If everybody else is okay with Power of Free, then I'm okay with it too.

message 37: by Dragana (new)

Dragana (diaryofthebookdragon) | 323 comments Me too. :)

message 38: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments Shelves are up, happy hunting! :)

message 39: by Dragana (last edited Nov 28, 2014 04:52AM) (new)

Dragana (diaryofthebookdragon) | 323 comments Yay. :)

ETA: This will be an official listing of all the books I have read.

BookShelf Bingo R10 - Team #3
Duration: 29.10.2014 - ?
Books read: 9

FREE-SPACE : Her Mad Hatter (SOS eVantage) 31st Oct. ~ 2.5 stars review

Week #1
Shelf #1 - ER: Gerard's Beauty (Kindle Freebie) 06th Nov. ~ 3.5 stars review
Shelf #2 - B: The Body Electric (NetGalley) 04th Nov. ~ 4.5 stars review

Week #2
Shelf #1 - N: Duplicity (Author: Nikki Jefford) (YA Bound Blog Tours) 08th Nov. ~ 4 stars review
Shelf #2 - LO: King's (Series: The King TriLOgy) (Kindle Freebie) 10th Nov. ~ 4 stars review

Week #3
Shelf #1 - HA: The Shadow Prince (Kindle Freebie) 26th Nov. ~ 3.5 stars review
Shelf #2 - D: The Diabolical Miss Hyde (Edelweiss) 20th Nov. ~ 4 stars review

Week #4
Shelf #1 - CH: The Secrets of Sir Richard Kenworthy (Edelweiss) 25th Nov. ~ 4.5 stars review
Shelf #2 - L: Lady Macbeth: Daughter of Ravens (Xpresso Book Tours) 23th Nov. ~ 3.5 stars review

Week #5
Shelf #1 - A:
Shelf #2 - G: Her Sudden Groom (Kindle Freebie)

Her Mad Hatter (Kingdom, #1) by Marie Hall The Body Electric by Beth Revis Gerard's Beauty (Kingdom, #2) by Marie Hall Duplicity (Spellbound #2) by Nikki Jefford King's (The King Trilogy, #1) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff The Diabolical Miss Hyde (Electric Empire, #1) by Viola Carr Lady Macbeth Daughter of Ravens (The Saga of Lady Macbeth, #1) by Melanie Karsak The Secrets of Sir Richard Kenworthy (Smythe-Smith Quartet, #4) by Julia Quinn The Shadow Prince (Mortal Enchantment, #1) by Stacey O'Neale Her Sudden Groom (The Grooms, #1) by Rose Gordon

message 40: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 29, 2014 09:47AM) (new)

My choices for:

Shelf 1- ER: Crux -Series name- 'Southern Arcana'(Freebie from SOS eVantage)
Shelf 2- B: Into the Darkness-Author name - K.F.Breene(Freebie from SOS eVantage)
Free-Space : Beyond The Veil(Freebie from SOS eVantage)

Crux (Southern Arcana, #1) by Moira Rogers Into the Darkness (Darkness, #1) by K.F. Breene Beyond The Veil (The Veil Series, #1) by Pippa DaCosta

message 41: by Michelle (last edited Oct 29, 2014 12:27PM) (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments My picks:

Free Space: Eternal Breath of Darkness (Breath of Darkness, #1) by Candice Stauffer (Dragon shifter, Amazon Freebie)
Shelf 1 - ER: Sweet, Decadent Fire (Breath of Darkness, #2) by Candice Stauffer (Author name: Candice Stauffer, Amazon Freebie)
Shelf 2 - B: Bring Me a Dream (Reveler, #5) by Erin Kellison (B Title, Gift from Author)

message 42: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1224 comments Week 1
1. ER: Skinwalker Title: Skinwalker

2. B: Be Still, My Love

Free Space: Because of Jacqueline option 3(wouldn't normally buy)

message 43: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments Leslie, does this mean you are changing your Free Space book?

message 44: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments I'll be reading
B - Opal Fire (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #1) by Barbra Annino Author - Barbara Annino - Freebie Amazon
ER - Shadow's Passion (Shadow Warder, #0.5) by Molle McGregor Series - Shadow WardER - gift from author but also free on amazon

Still deciding on Free Space as everyone keeps putting up great options. LOL.

message 45: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1224 comments yes, sorry! I couldn't figure out how to make it work within the free space rules. I tried!!

message 46: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments No worries Leslie, I'll switch it out :)

message 47: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments Opal Fire (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #1) by Barbra Annino
Week 1: B
Read: 30/10/14
Rating: 3 ★★★

This was very entertaining in a slap-dash, chick-lit sorta way.

Stacy Justice is a reporter in a small town with lots of quirky family and neighbours. She is dating Leo, the local Sheriff and is a reluctant witch.

The book opens with a massive fire at her cousin Cinnamon's bar. There is a mystery and Stacy is determined to get to the bottom of it. Regardless of how many bodies keep turning up.

message 48: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1224 comments I think that's what I gave the book as well, Sandra. I have the next one to read but I've been in no hurry.

Happy Halloween, everyone!!

message 49: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments Yes I've got the next one as well Leslie, freebie of course :)

Happy Halloween!

message 50: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1224 comments Free Space
Because of Jacqueline by Cynthia Pomranz
11/1/14 3★

Review:This story started out strong for me and I enjoyed getting to know the characters. The storyline of internet dating is something I've dealt with in real life with friends and so I was excited to see how it would work out here. Unfortunately, the strong start began to lose steam about halfway through, though I continued to enjoy parts of the story. But the characters felt a little flat and the story action contained so many mundane activities. But it was a good first novel and I look forward to reading more by this author.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8