Start by marking “Creation in Death (In Death, #25)” as Want to Read:
Creation in Death (In Death, #25)

Creation in Death

(In Death #25)

Eve has seen this crime scene before: the artfully arranged body of a young brunette, arms spread, palms up, body marked by the signs of prolonged and painful torture. Carved into her torso is the time it took her to die - in hours, minutes, and seconds. And on the third finger of her left hand has been placed a silver ring.

Eve is catapulted back to a case nine
Audio CD, Abridged, 6 pages
Published November 6th 2007 by Brilliance Audio

To ask other readers questions about Creation in Death, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Creation in Death (In Death, #25)
Phrynne
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5000-books
All of J.D. Robb's books are good, but this one is really, really good. It has everything we expect - humour, an intriguing crime, excellent police work and wonderful lovable characters. And then there are Roarke and Eve, two of the best characters you can meet in print. Who doesn't want to be in a relationship like theirs?

I don't know how the author does it but I always read (and reread) her books in a few hours. They just grab me in at the beginning and spit me out at the end totally hap
Mo
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

I honestly don't know how JD ROBB keeps writing quality books! None of the books in this series have been less than 4 or 5 stars for me. OK, the formula might be the same but the storyline is original and Eve and Roarke are as interesting as ever.

“There's nobody on the job, nobody with a badge I respect more than you." - Eve

"You never were a rookie," he told her in a voice roughened
Jilly
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
A very creepy serial killer who was on the hunt ten years ago and is now back to pick up his "work". And, this time he has planned to make Eve part of his work. She is supposed to be his last piece before he retires.

Well, good luck with that, Mr. Serial Killer! Many have tried, but none have killed Eve yet. She's pretty unkillable. As a matter of fact, her luck is sometimes TOO good. I am wondering if the past/future dream of a Robocop really did come true.

Oh my gosh, she is Robocop! She says this at least
♥Sharon♥
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I don’t think I will ever tire of this series. I don’t see how I can. It is apparent that J.D. Robb really dug deep when she sat and wrote these books because they are pretty amazing.

I love Roarke and Eve. I know this sounds crazy but they seem so real to me. In my head I have given them voices and in my reviews I have given them faces.

He loves her endlessly.

Her love for him leaves her breathless.

I l
Rebecca McNutt
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Creation in Death was a little corny in some parts of its dialogue, like that sickly-sweet type of romance stuff you see on the LMN Channel or something, but overall it was a solid and creative crime thriller. I think oddly enough its strong suit was more in its scenery and emotion than in its characters. The author has a lot of talent for capturing both the spirit of New York City and also the suspense of a great crime story.
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Another terrific book from J.D.Robb! ;)
I just love this series so, so much. <3

“You’re an amazing woman, Lieutenant, my darling Eve.” ROARKE <3

"As he listened to her brisk update, he toyed with the gray button—her button—he always carried in his pocket. 😍😍😍
That freaking GRAY button!!! Ahhh Roarke... :)
Diane
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What a despicable serial killer! Really like this book - it has Eve and Roarke working closer than ever before without all the angst.

The only thing about the book that I don't like is the title. I don't get the "Creation" part at all - in my opinion, it should have been called "Groomed in Death" or "Numbers in Death" but that's just me. Do I recommend this book - of course, it's a great part of the series, maybe not integral, but still ...

From the blurb: When the body of
Alex ♈
Suspense 4.5 stars / Romance 4.5 stars

Excellent suspense, the killer is back after 9 years and our Eve caught the asshole. Very painful. Poor victims. I had to pause a couple of times... At least they saved the last one.

Roarke and Eve make a good team. Still pissed at Roarke after the previous book. He was nearly perfect in this one, but I will  hold my grudge for a while...

Eve - the Woman, the Warrior!!!

Suspense 4.5 stars / Romance 4.5 stars

Eve - the Woman, the Warrior!!!

Al *the semi serial series skipper*
I enjoyed this one but not as much as I have the previous books, it just was not engaging enough for me. Maybe it was because there wasn't a lot of suspects in the first half of the book or the dynamic I have come to expect from Eve and her team was somewhat overshadowed by the manner of the murders committed, it just wasn't the same.

I did thoroughly enjoy the line Eve crossed at the end, Bravo!
Mei
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary

These books are perfect mix of Castle and Rizzoli & Isles!!! But there’s some reminders about CSI, Criminal Mind… Since I love them all, how could I not love Eve and Roarke and Co.!!!???!!!

The greatest skill here is the ability to perfectly mix humor, murder, sweet and hot moments! I never find a dull moment in these books! Every page is a little treasure!

“An event shop. Ah…upscale, everything you might need under one roof. A variety of specialty boutiques—attire, floral and planting, bakery, catering, decor, even
treasure!
Ann Lou
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This installment takes on the famous "the groom" murderer.  This killer considers himself a maestro in the art of death.  Has tortured and killed twenty three women or was it twenty four? He went out of the loop for nine years and decided to come back to torture and kill some more in New York.  And his big mistake is in choosing Eve as his last and would be greatest achievement.

"And to remember I'm not just bait, I'm an experienced and kick-ass cop."

But all those women being tortur
Aly is so frigging bored
May 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, audiobook
2nd read 19-21 January 2016

1st read 17-19 September 2013
In this one we see Eve and Roarke working even more closely together. On that point, I have a feeling he's not coming back to the precinct any time soon.
Somia
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another enjoyable read.

A killer from Eve’s days as a rookie (working with Feeney) has come back, and he has his sights on Eve.

Feeney and Eve clash in this one big time – the case hitting them both hard.

Again, there’s a good blend of humour, murder, emotion and heat.
Moondance
For him, death was a vocation.

Another great installment of the series. Nine years ago before Eve made detective, she worked with Feeney on a case in which the killer was dubbed "The Groom". A victim with all the same attributes is found and Eve is once again looking for the killer.

I really liked that Roarke was called in on the very beginning of this case and that he spent time at Central where he could truly see Eve work.

The tension between Eve and Feeney now that she is
Anastasia
Creation in Death by J.D.Robb is the 25th book in the In Death series. A serial killer dubbed The Groom resurfaces in New York after a 9 year absence, and this time Eve Dallas leads the investigation. Another amazing book in the series with Roarke becoming more involved as the new victims are his employees. I cannot get enough of this series.
A serial killer is back in New York city, one who likes to take his victims prisoner and torture them to death. This is a case that really hits home for Eve and Feeny, they both worked the original case nine years ago and the killer is the one who got away who has haunted them ever since. The killer let New York after killing four victims but he continued his work in other cities around the world and nobody has come close to catching him. This time he's made it personal though, he starts by targ ...more
Robin
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, mystery
Lt. Eve Dallas is called to East River Park where a body has been found. The body has been posed on a sheet, and shows signs of torture. Eve immediately recognizes that it is the work of a serial killer nicknamed "The Groom". He killed four women nine-years-ago and was never caught. Now he is back, but this time there is something different. The victim worked for Eve's husband, Roarke. Her body was washed by products manufactured by Roarke's company. The sheet she was found on was also from Roar ...more
Μαρία Γεωργοπούλου
You can see the following review also here: http://loveandlivetoread.wordpress.co...

As all the previous books in this series, this one was a great one also! I truly believe that J.D. Robb aka Nora Roberts gives us a very good and well-written story with interesting characters combined with mystery.

In this story, a serial killer is back after nine years and it’s very important for all the police department to catch him. Especially for Eve. And that’s why all our favorite characters became an unstoppable team.

I always/>
As
Gina
Fantastic! Incredible! Perfect!

Again, Robb brings back the characters we love with a new crime to solve. Roarke works more hands-on this time, getting a real picture of what cops do. He'd never been this 'in' it before, and it was great to see him there, and get his 'feel' for what cops go through during an intense investigation.

Arguments and fights between some of the more active characters make them appear more human and all the more believable.

The plot was
Caz Malpas
5 DAZZLING DALLAS STARS

Oh my good gawd, I know I said the last one was my very favourite, or was it the one before or maybe both, but shit, I was wrong, this was my very very very favourite so far, by far!!!

Christ! Jesus! (Quoting the God himself, Roarke) that was a bloody good one, I'm missing listening to it already, there's only one thing for it..........

NEXT PLEASE.......!
Felicia
Jan 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Very enjoyable, the serial killer thing was suspenseful. The best of these books have a really strong emotional element to them involving one of the main characters, this one lacked that but had some really creepy stuff.
Catherine
One of the best in the series, for sure. I laughed, I cried, I highly recommend.
Mara
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
Very tightly plotted and suspenseful - this is one where you're really in the process of tracking down clues rather than having a group of known suspects & narrowing it down from there. I think pacing wise it could have used some more breathing room at times, but overall, a very strong entry in the series
Julie H.
Jul 03, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, sci-fi
I'm going with four stars for J.D. Robb's Creation in Death and, in point of fact, if we had half stars I might even go so far as 4 1/2. Why? Great question. Here's the short answer: Robb is not phoning it in on this one. Specifically, she gives us great characterization of even minor players and, more important, for the bits of background context into the Urban Wars provided in the later pages of Creation in Death. The procedural part has always been interesting--including how Peabody simply does some sor ...more
Magpie67
A criminal is taunting the investigators. Feeney has never let this one go and Eve remembers it well, it was one of her first cases as a rookie.

"For him, death was a vocation. He was a maestro in the art of death. The keeper of time. The bringer of destiny."

Eve and her husband seem to be the focus in Creation in Death, but Eve doesn't think she is the actual person being targeted. Maura brings it to her attention causing Eve to hide this bit of information from Rourke. It's bad enough her husb
4.25 Stars

I read a ton of books in this series last year, but took a small break recently so I didn't get overloaded. Now I'm back at it and Creation in Death provided me with everything I expect from Eve, Roarke, and the gang. The mystery was fascinating, the characters entertaining, and, as always, the audio narration from Susan Ericksen is impeccable.

This particular case was a difficult one to read due to its violent nature. Basically, a serial killer that Eve and Feeney had hunted
Tina
Nov 26, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, romance
A serial killer who had eluded the NYSPD nine years ago has returned. Feeney was the primary investigator back then and Eve was a newly minted detective and his partner. The fact that the killer escaped clean to go ply his trade in other cities and countries has sat bitterly with not only Eve and Feeney but with Morris the coroner, Whitney the chief and even Berenski the lab tech.

Now, nine years later he is back, doing exactly what he did before in his same MO. The cops of the NYSPD
Elvan
Jun 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks, re-read
Creation is a grizzly look into the twisted mind of a serial killer. It remains one of my favourites of the series. I am the first to complain about Roarke leaping into every investigation whether he is welcome or not. In Creation we get to follow Roarke as he works side by side with the geek squad to hunt down the killer. It is an interesting perspective and unique IMO for the series. One of Groom's victims, Ariel is a refreshing kick a$$ character and lightens what would be a very dark book. ...more
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
This is the first In-Death book where Eve doesn't have a single dream about her father. Is she growing? Is she moving on? Could be. We'll see what happens in the next book.

Creation in Death is a good old fashioned crime drama. The police procedural business plays out for us with all the usual players in place. Who is kidnapping and torturing women to death? The whole plays out well. A few good one liners but overall the humor was needed to cut through the increased tension.

I really
Venus Blancia
The fact that this murderer did fail Captain Feeny and Lieutenant Eve 9 years ago. I believe this one is the most challenging and demanding case for my cop kickass heroine Eve Dallas. And I blame it all to Mr Edwards why I have not encountered humor in this book. Blah, blah, blah...Roarke still creates magic.
J.D. Robb : Creation In Death - May 2018 59 41 Aug 06, 2018 06:41AM
J.D. Robb : Creation in Death (Spoiler Zone) 21 143 Dec 28, 2016 08:17AM

• Hot Rocks
  • Under Currents
  • The Princess Plan (A Royal Wedding, #1)
  • A Wedding Breakfast (Guild Hunter, #5.1)
  • A Misunderstanding
  • Flirting With Danger (Samantha Jellicoe, #1)
  • Shelter in Place
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Just Friends
  • Of Blood and Bone (Chronicles of The One, #2)
  • The Heart's Victory
  • Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)
  • Born O'Hurley (O'Hurley's #1-2)
  • O'Hurley's Return (O'Hurley's #3-4)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • Sanctuary
J.D. Robb is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series and the pseudonym for #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. The futuristic suspense series stars Eve Dallas, a New York City police lieutenant with a dark past. Initially conceived as a trilogy, readers clamored for more of Eve and the mysterious Roarke. Leverage in Death, on sale September 2018, is the 47th entry in ...more

In Death (1 - 10 of 50 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)
“I want a homing beacon on your vehicle."

"There will be."

"No, I want one on before we leave the grounds in the morning. I'll see to it."

Give and take, she reminded herself. Even when--maybe especially when--give and take was a pain in the ass. "Okay. But there go my plans to slip off and meet Pablo the pool boy for an hour of hot, sticky sex."

"We all have to make sacrifices. Myself, I've had to reschedule my liaison with Vivien the French maid three times in the last couple of days."

"Blows," Eve said as they slipped into bed.

"She certainly does.”
48 likes
“She pushed herself up, swayed, and might have tumbled if Feeney hadn’t gripped her arm. “Head rush. I’m okay, just a little queasy. Lowell’s in there, secured. You need to haul his ass in. Your collar.”

“No, it’s not.” Feeney gave her arm a squeeze. “But I’ll haul his ass in for you. McNab, help the lieutenant upstairs, then get your butt back down here and start on the electronics.”

“I don’t need help,” Eve protested.

“You fall on your face,” Feeney murmured in her ear, “you’ll ruin your exit.”

“Yeah. Yeah.”

“Just lean on me, Lieutenant.” McNab wrapped an arm around her waist.

“You try to cop a feel, I can still put you down.”

“Whatever your condition, Dallas, you still scare me.”

“Aw.” Touched, she slung an arm around his shoulders. “That’s so sweet.”
8 likes