What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Uninvited (Uninvited, #1)
This topic is about Uninvited
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Girl has to transfer school because she has a mutation that causes a tendency towards violence. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ramata (new)

Ramata | 4 comments I read the book around 2015 so I don't remember a lot of what happened. It was about a girl who found out she had some type of mutation and it lead toward violent tendencies. They talked about four highschool students taking part in a mass shooting that caused 46 people to die with the same mutation as her. I dont know if that's the exact number though. I remember that she had to switch schools and broke up with her boyfriend. Her new school had people in class like her and the she had another girl in her class who she caught doing the dirty with their teacher in the classrooms closet. She ended up in this place where they had to hunt a guy from the army and if he could escape he would be free to go or something. She had been branded with a red H with a circle around it because she did something. I don't remember what it was she did exactly but she might have hit an instructor. I remember and being sent to a camp with other people like her for a little while but I dont remember a lot of details about it. Please help me find the book I really want to finish the series.

message 2: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4974 comments Branded, maybe?

message 3: by Ramata (new)

Ramata | 4 comments I don't think that's it, it wasn't fantasy or anything like that.

message 4: by Cupcakedoll (new)

Cupcakedoll | 274 comments The Forsaken (The Forsaken, #1) by Lisa M. Stasse I haven't read this one yet, but it is about a girl who has a genetic test that shows she has violent tendencies. And I feel like I've seen another book with the same theme, so it's possible that "A test said I'm doomed to be violent!" is a minor YA trope.

message 5: by Ramata (new)

Ramata | 4 comments It sounds similar but that's not what I'm looking for. Thanks for the suggestion though.

message 7: by Ramata (new)

Ramata | 4 comments That's the book! Thank you so much, I can't wait to read it. 😊