Start by marking “Uninvited (Uninvited, #1)” as Want to Read:
Uninvited (Uninvited, #1)

Uninvited (Uninvited #1)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  11,435 Ratings  ·  1,756 Reviews
When Davy Hamilton's tests come back positive for Homicidal Tendency Syndrome (HTS)-aka the kill gene-she loses everything. Her boyfriend ditches her, her parents are scared of her, and she can forget about her bright future at Juilliard. Davy doesn't feel any different, but genes don't lie. One day she will kill someone.

Only Sean, a fellow HTS carrier, can relate to her n
Published January 28th 2014 by HarperTeen

YA Novels of 2014
1,547 books — 9,123 voters
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
2,428 books — 15,778 voters

More lists with this book...

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
"I ALWAYS KNEW I WAS DIFFERENT."
I groaned out loud as I read the very first sentence of the narrative.

Davy is the picture perfect spoiled, pampered princess who is firmly ensconced in her fluffy, warm cocoon of a life. It took no less than the jaws of life to knock her off the fucking pedestal on which she has planted her throne.

This book suffers from two main things: one of the most unconvincing premises I have ever read in a book that aspires to be a dystopia, and a heroine with whom I fou
Lola  Reviewer

The thing is...I don’t think this author is for me. She has a lovely enough writing (even though her favorite figure of speech seems to be repetition and that one never appealed to me) and this book sure was fast-paced but the characters…THE CHARACTERS. I don’t know how she managed to created something like 20+ characters but make them all weak in characterization and likeability. I mean, not to sound negative, but I HATED most of them: Tori, the phony boyfriend, Coco, Nathan, Jackson, Davy’s mo
Krista
First glance: boring cover but awesome concept.

Then: OH MY GOSH! Her hair is DNA...shaped like DNA. As a science major this is blowing my mind! -- Obviously I'm a nerd.

Now: I love this cover.

UPDATE (SHORT REVIEW):

A really entertaining book that you can devour in one sitting. An average female protagonist fighting for her life in a not-so-average world. If you're a fan of Amy Tintera's Reboot, Suzanne Young's The Program, or Kristen Simmons' Article 5, then you'll want to get your hands on a co
Emily May
Dec 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Maybe I'm being generous. Or unfair. I can't decide exactly how I feel about Jordan's latest young adult novel - Uninvited. I recently had my low expectations trampled on by her impressive contribution to the new adult craze - Foreplay - and couldn't wait to see what more she had to offer. But Uninvited was a disappointment. It suffered from flaws in the very foundation of the story and the characters, even though the author's writing was compulsively readable enough to make me sail through it i ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 BRILLIANT STARS

description

Lately I'm in mood for YA :))Wow it was amazing!!!The kill Gene was an interesting concept to me and unique!From the beginning till the end the plot keep me captivate!Uninvited blends together romance, action and science fiction!With fantastic characters and an ending that keeps your interesting for the next book!!

Davy Hamilton has the perfect life....
She has her friends, a boyfriend that loves her and she has many talents..She only has a few months left of her senior year and
Wendy Darling
3.5 stars Fast, enjoyable read--the Minority Report-like premise is intriguing, and the action-oriented plot keeps the pages turning.

Weird that there's a bit of revisionism in the story, though. At one point Davy slaps her ex-boyfriend and gets into trouble for it, but she explains the reason for the slap as something totally different to two separate people. I also wish that some of the plotting/dialogue was more subtle and more complex, that it wasn't so easy for Davy to get out of different
Giselle
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, ebook
A quick read that leads us into a dystopian society where future killers can be identified with a gene test. The last thing Davy expected was to be found positive - her perfect life as a popular, smart, future Julliard student down the drain.

What I found very interesting about this dystopian story, and also one that makes it stand out from the others, is how it doesn't completely start out as one. We get to see the actual developments of a very scary dystopian society where people's rights beco
Rayne
***May contain spoilers***

Not long ago, I picked up Firelight by this author, and even though I thought Jordan was a skilled author when it came to her writing, her plotting was formulaic, Twilight-esque and a huge waste of what was one of the first modern paranormal YA romance with dragons. In spite of all that, I didn't hate it. So I decided to give Uninvited a try.

Uninvited brings to the table a very interesting concept, thought-provoking even. It takes root in the endless debate of
‘Jennifer | Wortgetreu
Innerhalb von 30 Stunden habe ich dieses Schätzchen gelesen und geliebt. Ich habe niemals damit gerechnet, dass mir dies Buch so gefällt.

Ich konnte es kaum beiseite legen, als ich zur Arbeit musste. Jede Seite war spannend, auch wenn mal nichts großes passierte. Alleine diese Thematik und diese unfassbar interessanten Charaktere haben diese Geschichte besonders gemacht.

Sean. Oh, Sean. In den kann man sich schon ein klein wenig verlieben. Aber auch die Protagonistin habe ich sehr schnell ins Her
Valeria Andrea
May 05, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: english, youngadult
I hope she kills EVERYONE around her in the book.
That would be awesome.
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

Carriers are like a cancer to this once great nation. And like any disease, sometimes the only way to battle it is with poison.

Wow. I’ll be honest; I was not expecting Uninvited to be this good. Sophie Jordan’s first YA series, Firelight, was not exactly what I had hoped for so I went into this one cautiously, a little worried that I would not enjoy it as much as everyone else. Anyway, perhaps ‘good’ is an understatement, even. Uninvited is a refreshingly fun
Amelie
May 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
Ich konnte mich leider nicht dazu bringen, hier auf den "liked it" Button zu drücken. Denn gemocht habe ich das Buch schlicht und einfach nicht. Ich mochte die Thematik, die es aufgemacht hat, das schon, und die Idee, dass Gewaltbereitschaft angeboren ist, bietet auch sehr viel Diskussionsstoff. Was macht man mit den Trägern eines solchen Gens? Die Art, wie hier damit umgegangen wurde, war zwar an vielen Stellen nicht realistisch, aber sie regt zum Nachdenken an und das muss man diesem Buch defi ...more
Lina Lovegood
Aug 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fand es ziemlich gut, hat einen auf jeden Fall zum Nachdenken gebracht. Die Protagonistin hat eine große Entwicklung mitgemacht, was ich persönlich wirklich gut fand. Bin gespannt, wie die Reihe weitergeht.
Angela
Aug 25, 2014 rated it did not like it

Read more here:

This book wasn't bad it was just okay. The second half of the book is definitely better and stronger than the first half.

This book is an easy and a fast read. But sadly a bit predictable. I knew what was coming WAY before it would happen. I also felt a lack of "bonding" with any of the characters.

I just really got tired of hearing Davy complain about how shes nothing now and has nothing...

WE GET
Haley ~ YA-Aholic
Feb 25, 2013 marked it as want-to-read-badly
Shelves: must-have-soon
March...2014!?!?!?!?!?!?

PUBLISHING COMPANIES...WHY?!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Jenniferxoxo
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was für ein geniales Buch....ich kann es gar nicht recht in Worte fassen aber ich fand es einfach super. Dave, Sean und Gil sind mir einfach so sympathisch. Ich hätte gerne jetzt sofort band 2!!!
Octavia
I finished this book in 3 hours. 3 HOURS! I wanted to savor it. I swear I did! But this book, this story! It was meant to be devoured! Review to come soon!

cropped-Octavia-header.png

Ms. Sophie Jordan, I am going to take a moment to be über creepy and say, you are the most evil, twisted, brilliant, amazing and absolutely FABULOUS woman ever. I think...you may be a genius and I sort of love hate you right now, in the best way possible.....

Dreamy face

Erm....sorry about that guys but it needed to be said!

If you follow me on twitter y

Jan (lost pages)
Meinung:
"Infernale" ist mein erstes Buch von Sophie Jordan. Hierzulande ist sie ja schon mit ihrer Firelight-Trilogie bekannt. Ihr neustes Jugendbuch ist mir aber schon vor einige Zeit ins Auge gestochen und ich war beinahe kurz davor mir das englische Original zu besorgen, bis es dann ganz plötzlich in der Vorschau vom Loewe Verlag aufgetaucht ist.

Mir hat der Start in die Geschichte leider überhaupt nicht gut gefallen. Wir lernen Davy als ein Mädchen kennen, das wirklich perfekt ist. Sie ist s
Natalia
"A world so afraid of carriers, it makes killers out of the innocent."

2 stars, but only because it was an audiobook and the reader was doing a very good job. Otherwise it would have been 1 star.

Ugh. UGH! Why is it that I so often start out reading a new book all enthusiastic and optimistic and interested, but then get utterly disappointed? I honestly thought I was liking this book, I did, but after the initial world building was done and the characters were introduced, it all started to fall
whenlovespeaks
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Ein mitreißendes, spannendes Thema, das ich so bisher nie gelesen habe und das doch so viel mit unserer heutigen Welt zu tun hat. Eine dystopische Welt, die unserer so nah ist und eine Protagonistin, die von jetzt auf gleich aus ihrem Leben gerissen wird. Ein unglaubliches Buch, das mich von der ersten bis zur letzten Seite nicht los lassen konnte!
Muse-ic ♬
Feb 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: dystopian, audiobook
2.5
If only it were that simple: blaming people's murderous and violent tendencies on a gene that can be discovered through a DNA test.

Honestly had a bit of a rough time reading this. Not because it was a bad book, but because it was rather dark. I've read dark and violent books before, but this particular book reminded me all too well of all the shit through which our world is suffering. It left a bad taste in my mouth. I had goosebumps and the works.
For example, all the carriers were rounded up
Rashika (is tired)
This book. Is just. It’s hard to form words because it is just so damn good. I am stunned. I was a little wary going into this because I had NOT enjoyed Jordan’s Firelight. Maja’s review did re-assure me to a certain degree and gave me the push I needed to finally read the book.

Which I am really glad I did because otherwise I would have been missing out on a lot of awesome.

The book reels you in right from the start. It has a powerful opening that makes you want to read more. You have the main ch
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Considering my horrid experience with Firelight, Sophie Jordan’s YA paranormal project, I started Uninvited a bit wearily, honestly not expecting much. And yet, not even 50 pages in, I found myself wound so tightly I could barely breathe.

Jordan did an excellent job of building this mistrustful, terrified society. Parents turning on their children, boyfriends turning on their girlfriends, best friends turning on each other, for no reason other than two recessive genes combined. Fear and
Debbie Narh
Uninvited isn't a story about survival and murder. It's a fucking love story. Despite all of the lovey-dovey bullshit, nothing about this makes sense. The romance mostly drives the story with the typical bad boy falls for the good girl theme and the characters are beyond pathetic. I thought this book would be more exciting, more action packed, but I didn't get what I wanted. If I paid for this, I would be demanding for my money back.

Davy is a mess. All she does is whine and complain. I don't und
Tina
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surprisingly good!

Inhalt
.................

Davys Leben verändert sich, als sie positiv auf das Homicidal Tendency Syndrome (HTS) getestet wird. In ihrer DNA liegt die Anlage für eine hohe Gewaltbereitschaft, sie könnte eine tickende Zeitbombe sein. Von heute auf morgen muss sie ihre Schule wechseln, wird unter staatliche Kontrolle gestellt und kann vom Colllege nur noch träumen. Davy versucht ihr neues Schicksal zu akzeptieren, doch Verrat und neue Herausforderungen bringen sie an ihre Grenzen.
Kassidy
Jan 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
*4.25*

This is an interesting and enjoyable read! This future would is very intriguing and it was interesting to think about what it would be like if we discovered a gene that predicts violence.
There are dark themes and this book brings up many topics about teen violence and the issues of the world we live in today.
I liked the main character Davy, she has her head on straight and even though she had terrible things happen to her, she kept going. She did complain at times, but I think it's unders
Lina
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Die Charaktere haben mich leider nicht abgeholt - schwache 3 Sterne dafür. Allerdings 5 für die Idee. Macht schwache 4 im Durchschnitt.
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
This review appears on Happy Indulgence. Check it out for more reviews!

Lured in by a cool concept of a kill gene running through the general population, I thought Uninvited would be an interesting societal exploration of identified potential killers. Unfortunately, all I got was a lot of whine and self pity from the main character Davy. Bella Swan and Nora Jones has nothing on this girl, as I trudged through pages and pages of complaining and prejudging.

I just can’t believe this girl. The very
Emily Crowe
Aug 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
Unless your mindsent tends more towards the Bella-from-Twilight-only-romance-can-save-me-girls-aren't-as-good-as-boys brand of thinking, skip this one. This book had tremendous potential but lacked all of the following: subtlety, follow-through on the most interesting parts , a strong female lead, and any character development whatsoever.

It is also narrated in first person, present tense, which is the most annoying POV for me. Your miles may vary on that one. But first person present tense large
Tabetha
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fast-paced read that leaves you wanting to read the sequel--
I appreciated that the voice of Davy was not too young, and not dumbed down to appear young. The action kept me on the edge, and it was difficult to put down. Major chemistry between Davy and Sean...And non-stop action scenes that keep the pages turning very quickly...will definitely read Unleashed ASAP!
  • Avalon (Avalon, #1)
  • Perfect Lies (Mind Games, #2)
  • Elusion (Elusion, #1)
  • The Taking (The Taking, #1)
  • Extraction (Extraction, #1)
  • Salvage
  • Landry Park (Landry Park, #1)
  • Rebel (Reboot, #2)
  • Burn Out (Burn Out, #1)
  • Fates (Fates, #1)
  • Twinmaker (Twinmaker, #1)
  • Talker 25 (Talker 25, #1)
  • Arclight (Arclight, #1)
  • House of Ivy & Sorrow
  • Vitro (Corpus, #2)
  • Minders
  • Chasing Before (The Memory Chronicles, #2)
  • Tandem (Many-Worlds, #1)
Pseudonym:
Sharie Kohler

Sophie Jordan took her adolescent daydreaming one step further and penned her first historical romance in the back of her high school Spanish class. This passion led her to pursue a degree in English and History.

A brief stint in law school taught her that case law was not nearly as interesting as literature - teaching English seemed the natural recourse. After several years
More about Sophie Jordan

Uninvited (2 books)
  • Unleashed (Uninvited, #2)

Young Adult Deals

• Beneath the Shine
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Greensleeves
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Keeping You a Secret
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Time Bomb
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Some Fine Day
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
  • The Odds of Loving Grover Cleveland
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Darkness Brutal (The Dark Cycle #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonwell (Whispers from Mirrowen, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Secondborn (Secondborn, #1)
  • Hate List
    $8.99 $1.99
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster.” 30 likes
“Never forget that we are more than the genetic code. We can be more than labels applied to us. We can be more than what others whisper behind our backs. Free will exists. We need to choose to be the best we can be and we need to help others do the same. Believe in yourself.” 18 likes