Book Lovers discussion

Introductions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) I love for all knew members to tell a little about themselves. So here are a few questions.
1. what is your first name?
2. What are some of your hobbies?
3. What is your favorite book, or series?

message 2: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Fogelstrom | 19 comments My name is Morgan. I'm were art and science collided. I love nature as well as the biological sciences and I also love the arts. I camp, kayak, hunt, craft, cook, and READ. I could not narrow it down to a singular favorite book. I could possible narrow it down to a book per genre. I love many of the classics. I am a huge Twain, Hemingway, and Shakespeare fan. I love Robin McKinley's Hero and the Crown in fantasy, of course the Harry Potter series,... I just realized I haven't really even narrowed it down to a single book per genre. I just love to read.

message 3: by Properchica90 (new)

Properchica90 . | 2 comments My name is Khaliliah. The hobbies question always makes me cringe because I feel as if I don't have any. Let's see. I enjoy playing Sims, watching Youtube, hanging with my parakeets, and reading. My favorite book was Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison for the longest. Now that I am older and it has been a while, I'm not sure if I have a favorite book. I enjoy reading series. I was reading the Janet Evanovich series for a while. I have not read a lot of fantasy or sci-fi book but I would like to give them a try. Right now, I'm just trying to read a little bit of everything.

message 4: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) Morgan wrote: "My name is Morgan. I'm were art and science collided. I love nature as well as the biological sciences and I also love the arts. I camp, kayak, hunt, craft, cook, and READ. I could not narrow it do..."

Hi! Welcome to book Lovers Morgan! So glad you joined us! I'm so glad that me and you both love the same books. What is your favorite Mark Twain book?

message 5: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) Properchica90 wrote: "My name is Khaliliah. The hobbies question always makes me cringe because I feel as if I don't have any. Let's see. I enjoy playing Sims, watching Youtube, hanging with my parakeets, and reading. M..."

Welcome Khaliliah! So glad you joined! We are going to have so much fun!

message 6: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) I just realized I should probably introduce myself as well.
Okay so, my name is Ella. Some things I love to do are, Reading (of course,) crossfit, blogging,baking, crocheting, embroidering, sewing. watercoloring. Any thing to do with my hands. I also love cleaning, organizing, and check lists (they make life so much eaiser.) My favorite book is To Kill A MockingBird, or Pride And Predjudice, or A Gown Of Spanish Lace. My favorite series is either, The Keeper Of The Lost Cities, The Green Ember Series, The Christy Miller Series, The Vanderbeeker Series, or The Lunar Chronicles. I just can't decide. Now, I would love to learn more about you guys.

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) 1 Hello! My name is Natalie (Sushie)
2 My hobbies are mainly reading, piano, and writing.
3 I don't have a single favorite series, so I'll go with two of my tops: Alcatraz vs. the Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson, And Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger

message 8: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) Sushie wrote: "1 Hello! My name is Natalie (Sushie)
2 My hobbies are mainly reading, piano, and writing.
3 I don't have a single favorite series, so I'll go with two of my tops: Alcatraz vs. the Evil Librarians b..."

Hi Natalie! I'm so glad you joined!

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) Hi Ella! I love books, so how can I refuse a request to a Book Lovers club!?

message 10: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) I'm so happy that you joined. Books are my life, and i started this group for other book lovers. I am so glad that you love books too! I'm eager to see where this book lover group leads.

message 11: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Fogelstrom | 19 comments I love groups like this because I can get a bead on new books to read. I don't discriminate on genre I just like really good books. I know that good is subjective, but also not.

Admittedly my two fav Twain books are the best known ones Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer but I really do love both of those.

I have just recently read To Kill a Mockingbird and wondered why I put it off for so long. I loved it. In it's own way it reminded me of Huck and Tom. The adventurous, guileless, precocious children stories apparently works for me.

message 12: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) Morgan wrote: "I love groups like this because I can get a bead on new books to read. I don't discriminate on genre I just like really good books. I know that good is subjective, but also not.

Admittedly my two ..."

I'm so glad you joined. Trust me, I have read plenty of books in my little life. So if you need any suggestions just let me know. I have read books in all different genres, and ages.
I deffently agree with you about To Kill A Mockingbird. It's such a good book. One of my favorites.

message 13: by Ella (new)

Ella K | 18 comments Mod
1- My first name is Aniella, but you can call me Ella :-D
2- Some of my hobbies are playing volleyball, reading (i mean if you don't like reading...) writing, piano and cooking
3- My favorite book is 11 before 12, but my favorite series is Keeper of the Lost Cities.

message 14: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) Ella wrote: "1- My first name is Aniella, but you can call me Ella :-D
2- Some of my hobbies are playing volleyball, reading (i mean if you don't like reading...) writing, piano and cooking
3- My favorite boo..."

Welcome Ella! Ha, my name is Ella too. I'm so glad you joined!

message 15: by Mary (new)

Mary | 9 comments Hello! My name is Mary.
I love reading (of course), journaling, reading to children. I also enjoy scrapbooking and photography.
My favorite book...hmm? I really like mysteries, Agatha Christie is my all time favorite. I just finished Dark Matter by Blake Crouch and thought it interesting, a real page turner.

I have a question for the group. Are you a book finisher at all costs, even if you don’t like the book? Or will you abandon a book if it is not for you?

message 16: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) Hi Mary. So glad you joined us.

Personally if I don't like the book I don't finish it. I usually know if I like the book if I have a connection. Some books I just don't have a connection to, I quit them.

message 17: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Fogelstrom | 19 comments I used to be a solid book finisher even when I detested it, but in the last few years I have started abandoning books that I loathe or feels like I am forcing myself to read.

message 18: by Adan (new)

Adan Arbogast | 2 comments Hi everyone,

My name is Adan. Some of my hobbies include tennis and hiking. Though I've kind of neglected those hobbies as of late because I'm on a journey to start a new career. Also, I've just started reading books since February and read a total of 16 so far! I feel that's a good accomplishment for just starting. My favorite book that I have read is "A Man Called Ove". It's a pleasure to meet you all.

message 19: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) Adan wrote: "Hi everyone,

My name is Adan. Some of my hobbies include tennis and hiking. Though I've kind of neglected those hobbies as of late because I'm on a journey to start a new career. Also, I've just s..."

Welcome Adan! So glad you joined us.

message 20: by Mary (new)

Mary | 9 comments Ella Meylin wrote: "Hi Mary. So glad you joined us.

Personally if I don't like the book I don't finish it. I usually know if I like the book if I have a connection. Some books I just don't have a connection to, I qui..."

I use to be a finisher, but now I have learned life is too short to read books that are not for me.

message 21: by Mary (new)

Mary | 9 comments Morgan wrote: "I used to be a solid book finisher even when I detested it, but in the last few years I have started abandoning books that I loathe or feels like I am forcing myself to read."

Me too!

message 22: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) introduction challenge.

I want everyone to share there favorite romantic Noval.
favorite sci-fi Noval.
favorite fantasy Noval.
favorite historical fiction.
favorite non fiction book.
favorite classic lititure book.

message 23: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) https://anchor.fm/tomanybooks/episode...

check out my new podcast airing Sunday.

message 24: by Ella (new)

Ella K | 18 comments Mod
Favorite Romantic- Macroons at Midnight
Favorite Sci-Fi- Micheal Vey
Fantasy- KOTLC
Historical- Little house series
Favorite non-fiction- Any basher books
Favorite Classic- Les Misérables

message 25: by Adan (new)

Adan Arbogast | 2 comments Romance: The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry (if it applies as romance)
Sci-fi: The Running Man (Only sci-fi-ish book I've read)
Fantasy: The Time Keeper (if it applies as fantasy)
Historical fiction: City of Thieves
Non-fiction:N/A
Classic: N/A

Sorry, I haven't read too many books. But I thought I'd just put down what I could. I did enjoy these books that I listed though!

message 26: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) thank you!

message 28: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) those are all great books.

message 29: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) I better do myself as well
romance:pride and prejudice, or the selection
scfi: the lunar Chronicles
fantasy: kotlc, the green ember series, let the sky fall
historical fiction: the Elsie dinsmore series
favorite classic: to kill a mockingbird

message 30: by Ella (new)

Ella K | 18 comments Mod
I really want to read to kill a mockingbird, but I've never heard of the Elsie Dinsmore series. Is it good?

message 31: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) Aniella wrote: "I really want to read to kill a mockingbird, but I've never heard of the Elsie Dinsmore series. Is it good?"

So good! I love it so much. It was my gateway to all books!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi I am Selena,
I am an author in progress of writing a fantasy/ thriller series. Also send friend requests, thx.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi I am Selena,

Hobbies- I enjoy tumbling and reading/ writing.
I am an author in progress of writing a fantasy/ thriller series.

Favourite books- Throne of Glass, Catwoman: Soulstealer, Girls of Paper and Fire and Wicked Fox.

Also send friend requests, thx.

message 34: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) welcome to the group!

message 35: by bekah (new)

bekah  (bekahhowell) | 4 comments Hi I'm Bekah! Im from Boston,
favorite romantic novel: the dangerous art of blending in
sci-fi: (dystopian really?) darkest minds
historical fiction: the war that saved my life
non fiction: fallout
classic literature: the crucible, 100%

message 36: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) hello bekah, welcome!

message 37: by Ella (new)

Ella K | 18 comments Mod
I love The War that Saved my Life. It's really good. Have you read the sequel The War I Finally Won ? It's also pretty good.

message 38: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Fogelstrom | 19 comments Aniella wrote: "I love The War that Saved my Life. It's really good. Have you read the sequel The War I Finally Won ? It's also pretty good."

I've heard from several of my bookish podcasts that this is a good book. I'll have to pick it up.

message 39: by bekah (new)

bekah  (bekahhowell) | 4 comments Aniella wrote: "I love The War that Saved my Life. It's really good. Have you read the sequel The War I Finally Won ? It's also pretty good."

oh my gosh!! i never knew there was a sequel, i neeed to read that.

message 40: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) I've been wanting to read it.

message 41: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) Hello ya'll! If you guys are interested I would love if you would check out my newest blog post on Cultivating Cozy. It would really help out my blog. Also if you would press the follow botton! Thanks! FYI. This new blog post has nothing to do with books
But Checking it out would really help my business. The post is pictures of me and my family at the apple orchard. Thanks!

https://cultivatingcozy.blog/2019/10/...

message 42: by richelle ♡ (new)

richelle ♡ (richelleangela) | 1 comments Hiya I’m Richelle!!

my hobbies are reading, running, playing video games and to play sports! my favorite genre is romance (i’m such a romantic). and I have soo many favorite books/series that i can’t even choose from but any book from Colleen Hoover is amazing - her work is so good. And I love the series To All of The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han and Anna and the French Kiss series! :) If you guys have any suggestions even if it’s out of my book genre comfort zone please let me know! :) <3

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) Hey Richelle! Welcome to the group!

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) Hi Ella! Do you mind if I post this link to my group on here? I can even post your group link on my grout if you want!

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...
Description: Writers in Residence!
Welcome all, to a group where we just write. We have creative writing prompts, do some collaborative writing, writing activities, fun contests, venting, and more! And if you are looking for tips or help, we will have that for you, too!
Lots of polls, activities, fun, and beyond that!

I hope you consider joining, everyone! We are having a lot of fun in there right now and would love more members!

message 45: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) Hey thats fine Sushie!

message 46: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) If you all want to know more about me you can through this link. Then if you would hit the like and follow button that would be great!

https://cultivatingcozy.blog/about-me/

message 47: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) Let's welcome our new moderator, Aniella!

message 48: by Ella (new)

Ella K | 18 comments Mod
I'm a MODERATER!! *dances*

message 49: by Ella (new)

Ella K | 18 comments Mod
Where's the yellow thingy?

message 50: by Ella (new)

Ella K | 18 comments Mod
It was on some of my comments... but not these :(

« previous 1