The Challenge Factory discussion

♦Factory Archives♦ > OCTOBER 2019 Dusty Bookshelf Challenge

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

message 2: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16189 comments Mod
📚OCTOBER 2019 Dusty Bookshelf Challenge:
💈 TENTH Shelf for 2019 ~ WINTER TIME

Please post your shelves. NO COMMENTS in this thread please. After I post the pair, it will add a link to the shelf, and then you can add discussion comments.

How It Will Work:
1) Please only post no more than 10 books that you would like to read this month.
*minimum 4 books.

2) An assigned person will FIRST pick TWO BOOKS from your post series.

3) SECOND, the assigned person will recommend ONE book that you share in common. (Use compare books)
OR a new release (no older than 60 days from the date we pick)

4) You have one month: OCTOBER 2019 to try to read one of the chosen books. You can read ALL THREE if you would like (*if you don't read your book this month, it's okay because this challenge is for YOUR ENJOYMENT)

5) Please try to select for your pair ASAP as we all get excited and waiting is torture to some.

TIMELINE
SEPTEMBER 15th-20th, 2019:
Participants will Post their shelves
*If you do not list a shelf, I will not pair you with anyone
***Cut off on SEPTEMBER 20th

SEPTEMBER 20th-27th, 2019: Pairs will be posted & then Selection of the books and posting it for the person you are choosing for
*Again, as I said earlier, please try to select for your pair ASAP.

**SEPTEMBER 28th-29th : Re-picks for those who didn’t get the pick

**MOD ASSIST: TCF Mods Trea, Denise & Lanelle are also around for assistance.

SEE how to POST Book Covers (view spoiler)

message 4: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Sep 20, 2019 01:20PM) (new)

PAIRS
☑ made a pick

Jen K picks for VampAmber
Ezinwanyi picks for Theo
LittleRedRidingHood picks for Ashly
Danielle Gypsy Soul picks for Karen ♐
Diane ~Firefly~ picks for LittleRedRidingHood
Karen ♐ picks for Danielle Gypsy Soul
VampAmber picks for Denise
Denise picks for ☘KathyD☘
Theo picks for Diane ~Firefly~
Ashly picks for Jen K
☘KathyD☘ picks for Ezinwanyi

message 5: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Sep 23, 2019 08:38PM) (new)

♛ I chose for Theo: Fantasy Lover (Hunter Legends Series #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Nothing by Janne Teller Bonus: Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark T. Sullivan .
☀️ Kathy chose for me: The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes Bonus: Big Shot (Book Boyfriend, #1) by Carly Phillips
Ezinwanyi's OCTOBER 2019 Bookshelf
The Fighter (Men of the North #9) by Elin Peer Black Sheep (Dirty Mafia Duet, #1) by Meghan March Lethal Nights (Brute Force, #3) by Lora Leigh An American Marriage by Tayari Jones Arsen A Broken Love Story by Mia Asher Saving Everest by Sky Chase The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes The Idea of You by Robinne Lee
(view spoiler)

message 6: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (last edited Sep 28, 2019 01:30AM) (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5382 comments Mod
Denise's October Dusty Bookshelf
The Informer by Akimitsu Takagi The Towering Sky (The Thousandth Floor, #3) by Katharine McGee The Girl in the Green Silk Gown (Ghost Roads #2) by Seanan McGuire Pros & Cons of Vengeance (Pros & Cons #1) by A.E. Wasp How to Hide an Empire A History of the Greater United States by Daniel Immerwahr The War Of The Flowers by Tad Williams House of Spies St Ermin's Hotel, the London Base of British Espionage by Peter Matthews The Sorcery Code (The Sorcery Code, #1) by Dima Zales Mistress of the Sun by Sandra Gulland Facing West (Forever Wilde, #1) by Lucy Lennox

VampAmber picks for me: The Girl in the Green Silk Gown (Ghost Roads #2) by Seanan McGuire Facing West (Forever Wilde, #1) by Lucy Lennox + Battle Royale by Koushun Takami
I pick for ☘KathyD☘ : Enforce (Eagle Elite, #1.5) by Rachel Van Dyken Fight or Flight by Samantha Young + First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

message 7: by Ashly (last edited Sep 23, 2019 02:56PM) (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 139 comments Ashly's October Dusty (Kindle) Bookshelf

The Cardigans (Criminal Intentions Season One #1) by Cole McCade Conduct Unbecoming (Conduct Unbecoming, #1) by L.A. Witt Cover Me (Cover Me, #1) by L.A. Witt Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1) by Annabeth Albert Point of Contact by Melanie Hansen Nobody's Home by Dev Bentham One (Love by Numbers #5) by E.S. Carter Love Lessons (Love Lessons, #1) by Heidi Cullinan Off Campus (Bend or Break, #1) by Amy Jo Cousins rock by Anyta Sunday

For Jen K, I pick:
Little Beach Street Bakery (Little Beach Street Bakery #1) by Jenny Colgan An American Marriage by Tayari Jones Common Book: Everything Here Is Beautiful by Mira T. Lee

LittleRedRidingHood picked for me: Point of Contact by Melanie Hansen One (Love by Numbers #5) by E.S. Carter Bonus: I Wish You All the Best by Mason Deaver

message 8: by Jen K (last edited Sep 15, 2019 03:21PM) (new)

Jen K | 437 comments Jen's Dusty Bookshelf- October 2019

The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl from Everywhere, #1) by Heidi Heilig Eve of Snows (Sundering the Gods, #1). by L. James Rice Little Beach Street Bakery (Little Beach Street Bakery #1) by Jenny Colgan The Restaurant Critic's Wife by Elizabeth LaBan The Strange Journey of Alice Pendelbury by Marc Levy The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt Of Blood and Bone (Chronicles of The One, #2) by Nora Roberts An American Marriage by Tayari Jones Milkman by Anna Burns The Vine Witch (Vine Witch, #1) by Luanne G. Smith

message 9: by Karen ♐ (last edited Sep 22, 2019 09:51PM) (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1752 comments Karen♐'s Dusty Bookshelf - October

Disastrous (Disastrous, #1) by E.L. Montes Her Fantasy Men by Shayla Black Hate Notes by Vi Keeland Just Over the Mountain (Grace Valley Trilogy, #2) by Robyn Carr The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3) by Melody Anne Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4) by Jill Shalvis I Don't (Enamorado, #1) by Ella Fox Mine (Real, #2) by Katy Evans Treading Water (Treading Water, #1) by Marie Force The Return (Return to Me, #1) by A.L. Parks

Preferred Genre: Erotica, Romantic Suspense, Contemporary Romance

I pick Leverage in Death (In Death, #47) by J.D. Robb and Wild Wild Hex (Hexworld, #3.5) by Jordan L. Hawk bonus: The Ghost Wore Yellow Socks (The Ghost Wore Yellow Socks, #1) by Josh Lanyon for Danielle Gypsy Soul
Danielle Gypsy Soul picks I Don't (Enamorado, #1) by Ella Fox and Her Fantasy Men by Shayla Black bonus: Untraceable (Tracers, #1) by Laura Griffin for me

message 10: by LittleRedRidingHood (last edited Sep 29, 2019 07:40AM) (new)

LittleRedRidingHood | 182 comments Red's October Dusty Bookshelf

The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium, #2) by Stieg Larsson North and South (North and South, #1) by John Jakes The Armored Saint (The Sacred Throne, #1) by Myke Cole The Black God's Drums by P. Djèlí Clark Margaret the First by Danielle Dutton In an Absent Dream (Wayward Children, #4) by Seanan McGuire The Fair Fight by Anna Freeman The Talented Mr. Ripley (Ripley, #1) by Patricia Highsmith A Royal Pain (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #2) by Rhys Bowen

I picked for Ashly: Point of Contact by Melanie Hansen & One (Love by Numbers #5) by E.S. Carter + I Wish You All the Best by Mason Deaver .

Diane ~Firefly~ picked for me: The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium, #2) by Stieg Larsson & In an Absent Dream (Wayward Children, #4) by Seanan McGuire + Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs

message 11: by VampAmber (last edited Sep 23, 2019 08:13PM) (new)

VampAmber | 349 comments VampAmber's Dusty Bookshelf - October 2019

I picked for Denise: The Girl in the Green Silk Gown (Ghost Roads #2) by Seanan McGuire and Facing West (Forever Wilde, #1) by Lucy Lennox plus Battle Royale by Koushun Takami
Jen K picked for me: Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison and Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1) by Danielle Paige plus The Devil in the White City Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair That Changed America by Erik Larson

My List

Poe's Children The New Horror by Peter Straub Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison River's End by Nora Roberts Haunted Heartland by Beth Scott In Cold Blood by Truman Capote Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4) by Lisa Kleypas A History of Cannibalism by Nathan Constantine Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1) by Danielle Paige The Ugly Duckling by Iris Johansen

message 12: by Theo (last edited Sep 21, 2019 03:13PM) (new)

Theo | 1762 comments Theo's Dusty Bookshelf

Ezinwanyi picks for me: Fantasy Lover (Hunter Legends Series #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Nothing by Janne Teller Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark T. Sullivan
I pick for Diane ~Firefly~: Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3) by Rebecca Zanetti Silver-Tongued Devil (Sabina Kane, #4) by Jaye Wells Murder at the Vicarage (Miss Marple, #1) by Agatha Christie

(view spoiler)

message 13: by ☘KathyD☘ (last edited Sep 23, 2019 08:05AM) (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 900 comments KathyD’s October Dusty Bookshelf
Dare to Desire (Dare to Love, #2) by Carly Phillips Dirty Sexy Inked (Dirty Sexy, #2) by Carly Phillips Enforce (Eagle Elite, #1.5) by Rachel Van Dyken Everywhere and Every Way (Billionaire Builders, #1) by Jennifer Probst Extreme Measures (Aegis, #1) by Elisabeth Naughton Fight or Flight by Samantha Young One Last Time (Second Time Around, #2) by Corinne Michaels Over the Top (Maverick Montana, #4) by Rebecca Zanetti Tangled (Dark Protectors #7.8; 1001 Dark Nights #58) by Rebecca Zanetti

preferred genres (preferably a book that is on audio)
paranormal/erotica/contemporary

For Ezi, I chose: The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros and The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes . . . Big Shot (Book Boyfriend, #1) by Carly Phillips (bonus)
For me, Denise chose: Enforce (Eagle Elite, #1.5) by Rachel Van Dyken and Fight or Flight by Samantha Young . . . First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost (bonus)

message 14: by Danielle Gypsy Soul (last edited Sep 22, 2019 08:45PM) (new)

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) | 1342 comments Danielle Gypsy Soul's Dusty Bookshelf

Leverage in Death (In Death, #47) by J.D. Robb Spook Squad (PsyCop, #7) by Jordan Castillo Price #Burn (Fever Falls, #2) by Devon McCormack Chosen Pride (L'Ange, #3) by Mary Calmes Hoarfrost (Whyborne & Griffin, #6) by Jordan L. Hawk The Rising (Badlands, #2) by Morgan Brice Swamped by Fear (Critter Catchers #3) by Hank Edwards Dirty Heart (Cole McGinnis, #6) by Rhys Ford Reaper of Souls (SPECTR, #3) by Jordan L. Hawk Wild Wild Hex (Hexworld, #3.5) by Jordan L. Hawk

Preferred Genre: M/M

For Karen, I chose: I Don't (Enamorado, #1) by Ella Fox , Her Fantasy Men by Shayla Black bonus: Untraceable (Tracers, #1) by Laura Griffin
For me, Karen chooses: Leverage in Death (In Death, #47) by J.D. Robb , Wild Wild Hex (Hexworld, #3.5) by Jordan L. Hawk bonus: The Ghost Wore Yellow Socks (The Ghost Wore Yellow Socks, #1) by Josh Lanyon

message 15: by Diane ~Firefly~ (last edited Sep 20, 2019 07:37PM) (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 299 comments Diane's bookshelf

Boosted (Lucie Rizzo Mystery #3) by Adrienne Giordano The Book Jumper by Mechthild Gläser Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3) by Rebecca Zanetti Silver-Tongued Devil (Sabina Kane, #4) by Jaye Wells Quiver of Cobras (The Fractured Faery #2) by Helen Harper Everybody Wants to Rune the World (Happily Everlasting World Novel & Bewitchingly Ever After Book 2) by Mandy M. Roth Werewolf in the North Woods (Wild About You, #2) by Vicki Lewis Thompson It's a Charmed Life (The Grimm Chronicles, #1) by Selene Charles Death by Dumpling (A Noodle Shop Mystery, #1) by Vivien Chien #Murdertrending (MurderTrending, #1) by Gretchen McNeil

message 16: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Sep 20, 2019 02:04PM) (new)

Theo's Dusty Bookshelf
I chose Fantasy Lover (Hunter Legends Series #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Nothing by Janne Teller for you. With a Bonus: Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark T. Sullivan . They are supposed to be making a movie of this novel

message 17: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5382 comments Mod
☘KathyD☘,

my picks for you: Enforce (Eagle Elite, #1.5) by Rachel Van Dyken & Fight or Flight by Samantha Young

And a bonus we have in common: First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

Hope you enjoy!

message 18: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 299 comments LittleRedRidingHood

My picks for you are:
The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium, #2) by Stieg Larsson and In an Absent Dream (Wayward Children, #4) by Seanan McGuire

There were so many books in common I wanted to go with, but I'll choose the beginning of an amazing UF series - Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs

message 19: by Chelle (new)

Chelle (chellerydz) | 442 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: " 📚OCTOBER 2019 Dusty Bookshelf Challenge:

Crud! I missed this month.

message 20: by Jen K (new)

Jen K | 437 comments VampAmber

I pick for you for October:
Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison and Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1) by Danielle Paige

with a bonus from our common shelves which I thought was fantastic:
The Devil in the White City Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair That Changed America by Erik Larson

Enjoy!

message 21: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1752 comments Danielle Gypsy Soul, I pick for you
Leverage in Death (In Death, #47) by J.D. Robb and Wild Wild Hex (Hexworld, #3.5) by Jordan L. Hawk

Bonus on my shelf too: The Ghost Wore Yellow Socks (The Ghost Wore Yellow Socks, #1) by Josh Lanyon

message 22: by Ashly (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 139 comments For Jen K, I pick:
Little Beach Street Bakery (Little Beach Street Bakery #1) by Jenny Colgan An American Marriage by Tayari Jones

Common Book: Everything Here Is Beautiful by Mira T. Lee

message 23: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Chelle wrote: "Ezinwanyi wrote: " 📚OCTOBER 2019 Dusty Bookshelf Challenge:

Crud! I missed this month."

Post your shelf a

message 24: by Theo (new)

Theo | 1762 comments Diane ~Firefly~

From your shelf: Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3) by Rebecca Zanetti Silver-Tongued Devil (Sabina Kane, #4) by Jaye Wells

Bonus: Murder at the Vicarage (Miss Marple, #1) by Agatha Christie

message 25: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 299 comments Thanks for the great picks Theo!

message 26: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 900 comments Denise wrote: "☘KathyD☘,

my picks for you: Enforce (Eagle Elite, #1.5) by Rachel Van Dyken & Fight or Flight by Samantha Young

And a bonus we have in common: First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

Hope you enjoy!"

Thanks Denise!

LittleRedRidingHood | 182 comments Hey, Ashly.

In picked for you Point of Contact by Melanie Hansen & One (Love by Numbers #5) by E.S. Carter and a bonus book I Wish You All the Best by Mason Deaver .

Hope you enjoy them.

message 28: by LittleRedRidingHood (last edited Sep 22, 2019 07:04AM) (new)

LittleRedRidingHood | 182 comments Diane ~Firefly~ wrote: "LittleRedRidingHood

My picks for you are:
The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium, #2) by Stieg Larsson and In an Absent Dream (Wayward Children, #4) by Seanan McGuire

There were so many books in common I wanted to go with, but..."

Thanks, Diane. Great picks. UF is a newer genre for me so I'm glad when someone recommends something.

message 29: by Danielle Gypsy Soul (last edited Sep 22, 2019 08:40PM) (new)

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) | 1342 comments Karen

I pick I Don't (Enamorado, #1) by Ella Fox and Her Fantasy Men by Shayla Black and for Bonus: Untraceable (Tracers, #1) by Laura Griffin - I really liked this series.

message 30: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1752 comments Danielle Gypsy Soul wrote: "Karen

I pick I Don't (Enamorado, #1) by Ella Fox and Her Fantasy Men by Shayla Black and for Bonus: Untraceable (Tracers, #1) by Laura Griffin - I really liked this series."

Thanks!

message 31: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 900 comments Hi Ezi. . .for October, I choose The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros and The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes . . . for a bonus book . . . Big Shot (Book Boyfriend, #1) by Carly Phillips

message 32: by Jen K (new)

Jen K | 437 comments Ashly wrote: "For Jen K, I pick:
Little Beach Street Bakery (Little Beach Street Bakery #1) by Jenny ColganAn American Marriage by Tayari Jones

Common Book: Everything Here Is Beautiful by Mira T. Lee"

Thanks Ashly!! Excited to get started.

message 33: by VampAmber (new)

VampAmber | 349 comments Jen K wrote: "VampAmber

I pick for you for October:"

Ooh, thanks for these picks. Two great new series to start, and I finally have an excuse to read The Devil in the White City Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair That Changed America by Erik Larson . I bought it forever ago at a thrift store, thinking it sounded interesting, but then I all but forgot I had it. ^_^

message 34: by VampAmber (new)

VampAmber | 349 comments Denise wrote: "Denise's October Dusty Bookshelf"

Hello again. For this month, I'm picking The Girl in the Green Silk Gown (Ghost Roads #2) by Seanan McGuire and Facing West (Forever Wilde, #1) by Lucy Lennox , and from our shared books, I went with Battle Royale by Koushun Takami , because I adored the book, and I loved the movies (even the second one which everybody thinks sucks). Hopefully you enjoy them. ^_^

message 35: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

☘KathyD☘ wrote: "Hi Ezi. . .for October, I choose The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros and The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes . . . for a bonus book . . . Big Shot (Book Boyfriend, #1) by Carly Phillips"

Thanks.
I really wanted the last letter. I heard it’s super angsty, my favorite kind of read.

message 36: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1752 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "☘KathyD☘ wrote: "Hi Ezi. . .for October, I choose The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros and The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes . . . for a bonus book . . . [bookcover:Big Shot|3192..."

The Last Letter was really good, Ezi!

message 37: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Karen ♐ wrote: "Ezinwanyi wrote: "☘KathyD☘ wrote: "Hi Ezi. . .for October, I choose The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros and The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes . . . for a bonus book . . . [bookc..."

I need to BR it with someone

message 38: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 900 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "☘KathyD☘ wrote: "Hi Ezi. . .for October, I choose The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros and The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes . . . for a bonus book . . . [bookcover:Big Shot|3192..."

glad I could help push that for you! =)

message 39: by Jen K (new)

Jen K | 437 comments VampAmber wrote: "Jen K wrote: "VampAmber

I pick for you for October:"

Ooh, thanks for these picks. Two great new series to start, and I finally have an excuse to read [bookcover:The Devil in the White City: Murde..."

It's a good one!! Enjoy!

message 40: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 299 comments Theo, I've finished one pick so far and thank you for the push to read.

Silver-Tongued Devil (Sabina Kane, #4) by Jaye Wells

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) | 1342 comments Karen,

Thanks finished both the books you picked for me. Leverage in Death and Wild Wild Hex and I really enjoyed both of them.

message 42: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

☘KathyD☘ wrote: "Hi Ezi. . .for October, I choose The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros and The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes . . . for a bonus book . . . Big Shot (Book Boyfriend, #1) by Carly Phillips"

Kathy,
The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros made me cry like a baby. My husband walked by me and just hugged me. Then shook his head like I was a lunatic. LOL.
Definitely a five star.
The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes was disappointing though. It was underdeveloped and frankly boring.

I see you picked romances dealing with “Letters”. Thanks 🥰

message 43: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1752 comments Danielle Gypsy Soul, finished both I Don't (Enamorado, #1) by Ella Fox and Her Fantasy Men by Shayla Black . Loved them both.