A Stitcher's Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > What did you read in September?

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eden (last edited Oct 14, 2019 06:13AM) (new)

Eden | 685 comments Mod
In this thread, comment the title and author of each book that you complete in the month of September, and I will add the covers here!

PLEASE include the author, as sometimes there are multiple books with the same title.

:D

Manners & Mutiny (Finishing School, #4) by Gail Carriger 12th of Never (Women's Murder Club, #12) by James Patterson The Last Magician (The Last Magician, #1) by Lisa Maxwell Leviathan Wakes (The Expanse, #1) by James S.A. Corey It by Stephen King Death by Coffee (Bookstore Cafe Mystery, #1) by Alex Erickson A Stranger in the House by Shari Lapena Leading the Witness (Conflict of Interest, #4) by Chantal Fernando Scream for Me (Romantic Suspense, #8; Daniel Vartanian, #2) by Karen Rose Willows Bend by Suzanne Brandyn You and Only You by Sharon Sala Unlucky 13 (Women's Murder Club, #13) by James Patterson Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen The Godwulf Manuscript (Spenser, #1) by Robert B. Parker The Forbidden Door (Jane Hawk, #4) by Dean Koontz A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles The Testament by John Grisham The Oysterville Sewing Circle by Susan Wiggs Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2) by Patricia Briggs Whatever Happened to Janie? (Janie Johnson, #2) by Caroline B. Cooney Neverworld Wake by Marisha Pessl 14th Deadly Sin (Women’s Murder Club, #14) by James Patterson The Roadhouse by Kerry McGinnis A Devious Mind (Dusty Kent Mysteries #2) by Brigid George Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman Deep Blue (Waterfire Saga, #1) by Jennifer Donnelly God Save The Child (Spenser, #2) by Robert B. Parker Mortal Stakes (Spenser, #3) by Robert B. Parker NOS4A2 by Joe Hill Promised Land (Spenser, #4) by Robert B. Parker Hex by Thomas Olde Heuvelt The Daughters of Temperance Hobbs by Katherine Howe The Night Window (Jane Hawk #5) by Dean Koontz The Princess (Montagues, #5) by Elizabeth Elliott The House of Shattered Wings (Dominion of the Fallen, #1) by Aliette de Bodard Dread Nation (Dread Nation, #1) by Justina Ireland Carnal Innocence by Nora Roberts Christmas at the Chalet A Novel by Anita Hughes The Silence of the Library (Cat in the Stacks, #5) by Miranda James Off Kilter (Scottish Highlands, #1) by Hannah Reed Disguising Demons (Dusty Kent #4) by Brigid George A Trick of the Light (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #7) by Louise Penny Assassin's Hood by Garrett Hutson The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt

message 4: by Teresa (new)

message 7: by Eden (new)

Eden | 685 comments Mod
I just finished Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han! 5 Stars!!!!

message 8: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie (purplebookishfrog) | 371 comments Mod
Just completed an audiobook: A Stranger in the House by Shari Lapena
It was a great listen whilst stitching.

message 10: by Eden (new)

Eden | 685 comments Mod
Unlucky 13 by James Patterson
3 stars!

message 13: by Eden (new)

Eden | 685 comments Mod
We are updated to here!

message 14: by Memphistigergal (new)

Memphistigergal | 166 comments Ok. Three so far for me and all very different.

The Forbidden Door
This series is so creepy because it's plausible this type of technology exists. Loving the series and on book 5 right now.

A Gentleman in Moscow
Talk about your epic historical fiction. This one is just so moving, endearing, and thought provoking. Highly recommend - 5 star read.

The Testament
This was totally different from all of the previous Grisham books I have read. It wasn't really focused on the lawyer stuff or litigation.

message 17: by Eden (new)

Eden | 685 comments Mod
Updated to here :)

message 18: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 187 comments Neverworld Wake by Marisha Pessl
2 stars - just a bit too weird for me.

message 19: by Eden (new)

Eden | 685 comments Mod
14th Deadly Sin by James Patterson

message 20: by Eden (new)

Eden | 685 comments Mod
Updated to here!

message 23: by Eden (new)

Eden | 685 comments Mod
Updated to here!

message 26: by Eden (new)

Eden | 685 comments Mod
Updated to here!

message 28: by Eden (new)

Eden | 685 comments Mod
Updated!

message 29: by Memphistigergal (new)

Memphistigergal | 166 comments Four more!

The Night Window
Hex
The Princess
The Daughters of Temperance Hobbs

The series by Dean Koontz is so awesome but scary... because I could definitely see this being real.

The Hex had a good story line. More discussion in that thread... when I get to it :P

The Princess was a historical romance. The story line was actually good. However, it's like they threw some Fifty Shades fan fiction in for the adult scenes. The two just didn't seem to fit together too well.

Lastly, the Daughters of Temperance Hobbs. I really enjoyed this one. It's a perfect atmospheric read for this time of year.

message 31: by Eden (new)

Eden | 685 comments Mod
Memphistigergal wrote: "Four more!

The Night Window
Hex
The Princess
The Daughters of Temperance Hobbs

The series by Dean Koontz is so awesome but scary......"

You are a reading machine!! XD

I'm reading The Daughters of Temperance Hobbs! And I have Hex on hold to read from Overdrive!

I can't wait to see what you thought of them!!

message 32: by Eden (new)

Eden | 685 comments Mod
Updated to here :D

message 33: by Jenny (last edited Sep 30, 2019 06:16PM) (new)

message 34: by Memphistigergal (new)

Memphistigergal | 166 comments Christmas at the Chalet

This was a total fluffy non-realistic holiday romance... And I loved it :) Don't read this looking for character development.

Carnal Innocence

I read this a LONG time ago and listened to it on audio while at work. I love Nora Roberts, but you could tell this was one of her earlier works.

message 35: by Teresa (last edited Oct 01, 2019 02:45PM) (new)

message 36: by Eden (new)

Eden | 685 comments Mod
Updated to here

message 37: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 187 comments The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. A Pulitzer Prize winner. Really good, super long. The movie is an excellent adaptation, but you won’t enjoy the movie if you haven’t read the book.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.