Tackle Your TBR Read-a-thon discussion

Goals

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tressa (new)

Tressa (Wishful Endings) | 38 comments Mod
If you'd like to share your goals, you can do so here.

message 2: by Laurie (new)

Laurie (agoddessofliterature) | 3 comments I'll update this later with actual planned titles. Still debating if I'm going to read individual books or tackle one/some of the series that I would really like to read.

My main goal is to ignore the draw of electronics and Netflix and return to my first love - reading! My second goal is to immerse myself in some fiction and drown out the drama that has become my life lately and attempt to tone down some of the stress that I'm under.

message 3: by Agnieszka (last edited Sep 30, 2019 12:57AM) (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 11 comments I'm looking forward to this year's round - even if it is so short. My lowest goal are 1,500 pages this week, more than 1,750 will be very good and above 2,000 pages will be awsome :-)
✓ - finished

Read or at least started (planned books):
Der Einzelgänger: 12 Jack-Reacher-Storys=No Middle Name: The Complete Collected Jack Reacher Short Stories by Lee Child 4* 9/23 - the remining short stories: Kleinkriege (Small Wars); James Penneys neue Identität (James Penney's New Identity); Das Verhör (Everyone Talks) (113)
Life Letters: The Fruit of the Spirit by Becky Doughty the last three fruits of the spirit (= 3 days) Faithfullness, Gentleness, Selfcontol (98) & Giant Print Reference Bible-KJV-Classic by Anonymous Joshua 2; Joshua 6; ​Psalm (Ps.) 18; Matthew (Matt.) 1:1-6; Hebrews 11:30-31; James 2:23-26; John 3:30; Acts 12; Matt. 15:21-28; Mark 7:24-30; Ruth; Ps. 121; Galatians; Ps. 1; Ps. 8; Ps. 150; Ps. 2; Malachi (22)
Jesus Calling Morning and Evening Devotional by Sarah Young each day 2 pages (14)
Ten Big Ones by Janet Evanovich 4* 9/26 (388)
Georgiana Darcy's Diary: Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice Continued by Anna Elliott 4* 9/27 (236)
DNF The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie 9/27 (after 116 pages)
Pushing Brilliance by Tim Tigner (397)
A Life in Stitches by Rachael Herron (145)
La Línea by Ann Jaramillo read another 4 pages
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd (41 of 333)
Total Control by David Baldacci (12 of 625)

Read or at least started (additional books):
Backmischungen im Glas: Über 25 süße und herzhafte Rezepte by Anna Selbach 3* 9/23 (160) lit. transl: Baking Mixes in a Jar: More Than 25 Sweet And Savory Recipes
Das große Fröbelsternebuch: Mit den schönsten Fröbelsternen von klassisch bis ausgefallen by Armin Täubner & Gudrun Thiele 3* 9/23 (132) lit. transl: The Big Book of Froebel-Stars: With The Most Beautiful Froebel-Stars From Classic To Unusual (or Fancy) Fröbelstern: I'm not sure if there is an English name for this kind of star design made of paper strips, ribbons or similar materials
Weihnachtssterne: aus Papier by Armin Täubner 3* 9/23/19 (64) lit. transl: Christmas Stars: Made Of Paper
Kleine Weihnachtsfiguren: zum Stricken - für die Weihnachtskrippe, den Christbaum, als Adventsgeschenk oder Wichtelgeschenk by Sue Stratford 4* 9/23 (96) lit. transl: Small Christmas Decoration: To Knit - For Nativity Scene, Christmas Tree, Advent Gift or A Secret Santa Gift
Forever Entangled by Kathleen Brooks 5* 9/25 (287) - re-read
Seamless Knit Sweaters in 2 Weeks: 20 Patterns for Flawless Cardigans, Pullovers, Tees and More by Marie Greene (20 - estimated) Free Sample

(view spoiler)

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Butler | 10 comments I’m planning on reading at least 5 books/ebooks/audiobooks!

message 5: by Gloria (new)

Gloria (gdanderson) | 8 comments I am not making any goals this year...just read all that I am able.

message 6: by Tressa (new)

Tressa (Wishful Endings) | 38 comments Mod
Thanks to those of you who shared! I hope you have a great start today!

message 7: by Mara (new)

Mara | 13 comments I just went back to school (after I decided to participate) so I decided not to set goals this year. If I'm able to read each day, I'll be happy.

message 8: by Angie ☯ (new)

Angie ☯ | 9 comments I am not making any goals either - except to read everyday.

message 9: by Caryl (new)

Caryl | 8 comments I plan to read at least 4 books this year.

message 10: by Sam (new)

Sam B | 3 comments Here's the link to my instagram goal post :)
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2xmsiqH8...

message 11: by Chanel (new)

Chanel | 2 comments I plan to read 3 books!