This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

Being Reprimanded by Happy Clappies

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 27, 2009 08:05AM) (new)

No. Perhaps if you'd said, "I hate Jesus" she'd have a point. And it's a perfectly natural instinct to cry out Jesus! or God! when you're scared. Even if you don't mean it.

message 2: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 653 comments Did you kick the person out of the car and tell them to ask their "mother" for a ride home?

message 3: by Joshua Nomen-Mutatio (last edited Aug 27, 2009 08:16AM) (new)

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio (joshuanomenmutatio) Kristina wrote: "Did you kick the person out of the car and tell them to ask their "mother" for a ride home?"

Ha. Yeah, or tell them that their "best friend" should take them the rest of the way. Everyone knows he drives a sweet ride.

message 4: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments I'm not particularly fond of people saying that, but I don't expect anybody to change their habits for me. I certainly won't for them.

message 5: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Teresa, what did you say?

message 6: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments that's not pathetic. it's the perfect answer. now you can go on saying it and just claim ignorance.
"I did? are you sure?"

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio (joshuanomenmutatio) Just tell her to stop using expletives like "Jupiter's thunder!" and "By the hammer of Thor!" because the Greek pantheon is totally like, your best friend, and stuff.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Hahaha!

message 9: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Those are some good expletives, Flesh. I'm going to use those.

message 10: by Harry (new)

Harry  (harry_harry) Those people are idiots. (I am feeling overly hateful today) Your calling out Jesus when you have a frightful moment is like you are calling his name for help. Near car/bike accident, "Jesus! Wake up and help us here! Phew, glad you and your dad were watching over us there or that could have been a bad one! Thanks Jesus..from me and the bike guy"

message 11: by Harry (new)

Harry  (harry_harry) Ask one of those morons to explain Jonah and the Whale and watch them struggle to explain that it is a true story. Mid explanation, interrupt and tell them you think David Blaine is the second coming. We've never seen anyone do magic like that guy since Jesus turned water into wine. I think David Blaine may actually walk on water too. Ohh boy...you may actually get slapped though.

message 12: by Joshua Nomen-Mutatio (last edited Aug 28, 2009 12:07PM) (new)

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio (joshuanomenmutatio) Actually, it was the magician/douchebag supreme Chris Angel who walked on water. I wish I didn't know that , but I do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBQLq2...

message 13: by Harry (new)

Harry  (harry_harry) Then yes, replace Blaine with Chris Angel.

Please don't anyone think that I'm calling Jesus a magician/douchebag though.

message 14: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Chris Angel is proof that magicians can be cool and sexy just like rock stars!*

*no, he's not.

message 15: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments My wife just told me last night that he "looks like a monster".

message 16: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I think I love your wife.

message 17: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Hey, me too.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

We all love Rusty's wife.

message 19: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I hate the fucking Happy Clappy ads on goodreads today. What's up with that? Does everyone get those or is it just me? I wonder if I triggered some sort of mission...

message 20: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments It's just you.....................sinnner.

message 21: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell I'm getting an ad for "The sizzley Sausage McMuffin with Egg." I'm pretty sure that sizzley is not a word.

message 22: by Joshua Nomen-Mutatio (last edited Sep 25, 2009 09:33AM) (new)

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio (joshuanomenmutatio) The only ads I see (or notice) anymore are these terrifyingly stupid penis enlargement ads (that are EVERYWHERE including GR) with women looking shocked. I hate these ads so much. The most popular one is a close up of a blond lady (who looks slightly cross-eyed to me).

HATE!

The most disturbing thing about the popularity of these types of products is the knowledge that some significant number of men are purchasing them. It's powerful empirical evidence that way too many people are way too stupid and/or delusional...and self-loathing.

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio (joshuanomenmutatio) [image error]

message 24: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments ..