Houston County Public Library discussion

Book Talk > What are you currently reading?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by TRenee (last edited Apr 09, 2019 02:23PM) (new)

TRenee | 105 comments Mod
April is National Humor & National Poetry month so I'm reading Irish Wit Jokes, Toasts and Sayings from Ireland by Des MacHale Irish Wit: Jokes, Toasts and Sayings from Ireland by Des MacHale and
Poems By Favorite Poets by Lesle Lewis Poems By Favorite Poets by Lesle Lewis :)
These I will slow read throughout the month

What about you guys?

message 2: by Denise (new)

Denise | 61 comments Mod
TRenee has inspired me to read some poetry as well. I chose Frost: selected and edited by John Hollander. I am also reading Little Fires Everywhere and Alexander Hamilton.

message 3: by TRenee (new)

Just started Time's Convert by Deborah Harkness Time's Convert by Deborah Harkness

Despite many recommendations & the urging of several relatives & friends, it took me forever to get around to reading the All Souls Trilogy...they were soooo right! I Love these books!!! :)

message 4: by Luca (last edited Apr 29, 2019 01:38PM) (new)

message 5: by Denise (new)

Denise | 61 comments Mod
I've just started reading The Potluck Club Troubles Brewing. This is the second book of the series. I LOVED the first one! It was a slow start for me, but I powered through and I'm so glad I did.

message 6: by Denise (last edited Apr 25, 2019 08:01AM) (new)

Denise | 61 comments Mod
Luca wrote: "In the middle ofAnne of Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables, #2) by L.M. Montgomery byL.M. Montgomery"

I haven't read this series yet, but I have them on my bookshelf at home and hope for Jadyn and I to read them soon.

message 7: by TRenee (last edited Apr 25, 2019 05:08PM) (new)

Luca, I really enjoyed Anne of Green Gables & hope to read the rest of the series soon :)

I'm reading Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert & fixing to start
Mayflower A Story of Courage, Community, and War by Nathaniel Philbrick Mayflower: A Story of Courage, Community, and War by Nathaniel Philbrick

message 9: by Christopher (new)

Christopher | 4 comments I just finished Moriarty by Anthony Horowitz. I highly recommend this book. Check out my review. The book is well written and author brilliantly keeps your attention and imagination in suspense. I liked his style so much that my next book will be one of his.

message 11: by TRenee (new)

Since we're having Sci-Fi Summer at the Library, I'm reading
Foundation's Edge by Isaac Asimov Foundation's Edge & Foundation and Earth (Foundation #5) by Isaac Asimov Foundation and Earth to complete The Foundation series by Isaac Asimov :)

message 12: by Jadyn (new)

Jadyn Adams | 8 comments I am currently reading Doll Bones by Holly Black Doll Bones by Holly Black and The
Curse of the King, by Peter Lerangris. The Curse of the King (Seven Wonders, #4) by Peter Lerangis

message 13: by TRenee (new)

For Sci~Fi Summer @ the Library I'm still reading through the Foundation Universe series by Isaac Asimov...
I'm hoping to finish Robot Visions by Isaac Asimov Robot Visions & The Positronic Man by Isaac Asimov The Positronic Man (the last 2 of the 6 prequels in the Robot series) in the next few days so I can start on the actual Robot trilogy.
My goal is to have this series finished by the end of July & read the Galatic Empire series in August.

For something light & fun, I'm reading the Piggly Wiggly series by Robert Dalby...
I just started book #2 Kissing Babies at the Piggly Wiggly (Piggly Wiggly, #2) by Robert Dalby Kissing Babies at the Piggly Wiggly & already have A Piggly Wiggly Wedding (Piggly Wiggly, #3) by Robert Dalby A Piggly Wiggly Wedding & A Piggly Wiggly Christmas (Piggly Wiggly, #4) by Robert Dalby A Piggly Wiggly Christmas checked out. These are great porch swing/poolside reads for the summer :)

message 14: by TRenee (new)

I finished a re-read of The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien The Silmarillion, The Hobbit, or There and Back Again by J.R.R. Tolkien The Hobbit, or There and Back Again, & The Lord of the Rings (The Lord of the Rings, #1-3) by J.R.R. Tolkien The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien...I Loved them as much this time as I did when I first read them!

As part of my Winter reading project, I plan on reading The History of Middle-Earth series & the other books from Middle Earth Universe by Tolkien. I finished Bilbo's Last Song by J.R.R. Tolkien Bilbo's Last Song & plan on starting Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-Earth by J.R.R. Tolkien Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-Earth, The Children of Húrin by J.R.R. Tolkien The Children of Húrin, Beren and Lúthien by J.R.R. Tolkien Beren and Lúthien & The Fall of Gondolin (Middle-Earth Universe) by J.R.R. Tolkien The Fall of Gondolin this weekend...My inner Hobbit is pickled tink!!! :)