Tabor12-2019 discussion

Choice books > What is the last thing you read?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Shelli (new)

Shelli | 2 comments Mod
Add a review of the last book that you finished (hopefully over break).What did you like? What was the basics of the plot? What kind of student would like this?

message 2: by Jayden (last edited Apr 08, 2019 06:51AM) (new)

Jayden | 1 comments Prisoner B-3087The last book I was Prisoner B-3087. There is not much anyone would like about this book because it is about the holocaust. It is way more sad then good but we read it for the knowledge. I would say a student that likes to read about death and WWII would love this book.

message 3: by Paul (new)

Paul Castle | 1 comments I read Playground and My Friend Michael last and I liked them both. Playground was an easy read but had an enjoyable story plot and was fun to follow along. My Friend Michael was a really good book as well. It was more informational but read like a story which made it more fun to read.

message 4: by Elliot (new)

Elliot Riggle | 1 comments The last book I read was Parkland by Dave Cullen. It is about the Parkland school shooting in florida, it is kind of a research paper about what happened, how it affected the kids, and what the outcome was. Anyone that likes nonfiction would enjoy this book, or anyone that is interested or wants to know about what the shooting was like.

message 5: by James (new)

James Perez | 1 comments The last book I read was "The Vampire Lestat" by Anne Rice. I liked how interesting the story was and how well it flowed. This book is very story and character driven so I liked getting to know the personalities of the main characters and their "adventure". I think a student that is into fantasy and drama would be interested in this book.

message 6: by Miah (new)

Miah Mohl | 1 comments I read a book called "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane" its about a little china rabbit that goes on crazy adventures. It is more of a kids book but I grew up reading it and so I thought it would be good to touch back down with.

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael Pickem | 1 comments i read Unbroken, my ww2 book. it is a book about american prisoners of war, and their struggles. people who like nonfiction books will most likely enjoy this book.

message 8: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Anderson | 1 comments The last book I read was a graphic novel using the story off of "The Chronicles of Nick: Invincible". I already read the full book in the past, but I wanted to compare the accuracy of the graphic novel to the book.
The basic plot is that Nick, the main character, is learning more about the supernatural world while also dealing with threats from his football coach at school, who is a complete enigma.
The main reason I liked the book was the interesting take on the supernatural. The book uses its unique characters to explain common legends you would hear about in modern day, like vampires.
I think this book would be suited for those who like a lot of action, those who like graphic novels, or those who want to get into the series but don't want to read the first couple books immediately.

message 9: by Cole (new)

Cole Story | 1 comments A Stolen Life
A Stolen Life is a story about a girl who gets kidnapped, and sexually abused at a young age.

This book would be good for people who can relate to it, like maybe people that have had a tough childhood. It could also be a good book for someone who likes well told, realistic, stories.

message 10: by Matheus (new)

Matheus | 1 comments The last book that I read was impulse(which I still have about 50 pages left), and I didn't really like the story because it is about three teenagers with some problems and they wanted to kill themselves, but their parents put them into a hospital, which they are trying to escape.
I don't know what kind of student would like that book I personally did not, because it isn't about anything good, just sad.

message 11: by Joey (new)

Joey | 1 comments The last book that I read was called "Thunderhead" which is the second book in the Arc of a Scythe series. I liked being able to continue reading about the two main characters' lives along with parts of another new one. The basis of the plot is that the Scythedom is going through some rough business, it's in dire need of help. Along with Scythes' lives are no longer completely safe like they used to be. The kind of student that would like this book is someone who enjoys futuristic action/thrillers, but also a good story being told, and are somewhat interested in deeper thinking. ThunderheadThunderhead

message 12: by Hunter (new)

Hunter Walter | 1 comments The last book I read was Rangers Apprentice #9 Halt's Peril. This book was one of my favorite of the series, next to 5 and 6. The story really kicks off with halt being struck with a poison arrow. and they have to keep him alive whilst searching for a cure. I would recommend this book to any student that enjoys fiction/ fantasy novels.

message 13: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Nicholson | 1 comments The last book I read was All the Light We Cannot See. It was about two young kids, Warren and Marie who are living during WW2 and what they go through. Overall it was interesting to see the different perspectives, a jew and a student trained as a Hitler soldier. But there were many details and not a lot of action so at times I found it boring. I do highly recommend it for those who like WW2 books.

message 14: by Noah (new)

Noah Wilson | 1 comments The last book I read was American Sniper. I really liked this book because of all the action and character building in the book. This book follows the life of a Navy SEAL named Chris Kyle. The book is a good snippet of what war is like in the Middle East. I think that a student who likes action or someone who is interested in the military or SEALs would love this.

Christian.roelofs | 1 comments September 17 This was the last book I read I enjoyed it because I love war books so I think that anyone who likes war books you would like this a lot. Lots of heroism was displayed in this book i recommend it to anyone who likes war books.

message 16: by Mason (new)

Mason | 1 comments I finished the 10th book of My Hero Academia. I thought this piece was a very poor point to leave off of because it's in the middle of something important and leaves a big cliffhanger. But the read is very nice and covers a lot in a short amount of time. A lot of action and information was made clear as well, progressing the story. I would recommend this to anyone who likes manga, super heros or just graphic novels as well.

message 17: by Jelena (new)

Jelena | 1 comments The last book I read is The Come Up, I actually liked this book. I wasn't sure if I would like it because I tend to mainly like social justice books, this does have to do with that but it is different from the ones I normally read. It is about a girl who is like a rising pop star and the media wants to change her image but she doesn't want to and she has to chose what she should do.

message 18: by Maria (new)

Maria Guervos | 1 comments The last book I read was Crooked Kingdom, is the second part of Six of Crows. I like that is this book there is a lot of things going on and a lot of things happen. This book would be good for somebody who likes fantasy books.

message 19: by Chance (new)

Chance Owens | 1 comments The last book I read was My Friend Dahmer. It portrays the story of serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer. It's a good book and everyone should read it to get quick and easy pages.

message 20: by Angelina (new)

Angelina | 1 comments Sleeping Beauties The last book I read was Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King and Owen King. I like how it keeps me interested and whenever I pick it back up after a while of not reading it, I can easily get back into reading it and continue without struggling. The basics of the plot is that women all over the world falling asleep and when they do, their faces are covered in some form of white moss like stuff and whenever they wake up, they turn violent and then they fall back asleep but one women keeps waking up and falling back asleep without having all that happen to her. I think anyone who likes mysteries or Stephen King books would like this.

message 21: by Tyler (last edited Apr 08, 2019 07:25AM) (new)

Tyler Ryke | 1 comments The last book that I read was Legend by Marie Lu. This book is a futuristic book that has the united states separated by war again. The book follows a long with two people a rich loyal girl to the republic and a poor not loyal male that lives in the streets. There are a lot of twists in this book and I would give it a 5 out of 5.

message 22: by Ethan (new)

Ethan Scholtens | 1 comments The last book that I read was Thunderhead. I liked the book because it is set in a fictional area, but you could easily think that the book is just set in the future. The book is an easy read, and keeps you engaged the whole time.

message 23: by Maddie (new)

Maddie Otteson | 1 comments The last book I read was "Irena's Children" by Tilar J. Mazzeo. I chose to read this for our Holocaust paper. I did like the book as sad as the times were then, but the overall message was positive by her help of saving thousands of children. I liked how the book showed the different emotions of each child that she came across and showed how special each on was to her. A student who would like this would be someone interested in learning about the silent heroes of the Holocaust.Irena's Children: A True Story of Courage

message 24: by Isabella (new)

Isabella | 1 comments Words in Deep Blue is the last book I read. Itś about a girl who disconnects herself from everyone because her brother died but there is some love interest in it as well. If you love to continue guessing what will happen in a book or like to read a book with a little romance you will enjoy it.

message 25: by Zaria (new)

Zaria | 1 comments Marked The last book I've read was Marked. I was a fictional story about vampires and magic. I enjoyed the book because as I read I was able to picture every detailed used in the book, also I felt that I could relate to the main character because the story takes places in highschool but the students lived on campus. I think students who like action and fiction this book series would be great.

message 26: by Logan (new)

Logan Mason | 1 comments Over break, I read Star Wars: The Old Republic Fatal Alliance. First off, if you enjoy reading the Star Wars EU, then this one is a no-brainer. It is a multi-perspective story in which most of the different characters have a shared goal. Their goal is to steal the main attraction of an auction being held by the hut: Tassaa Bareesh.

message 27: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 1 comments The last book I read was The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris. This is a Holocaust story about two people who met at the camp in Auschwitz. Lale is the main character in the book and he falls for a women he was tattooing. I really enjoyed the voice of Lale, it seemed very authentic. This book is about love and survival, it shows that love heals pain. Anyone who likes reading about the Holocaust will enjoy this. Also, someone who enjoys a love story will most likely enjoy this read.

message 28: by Carlos (new)

Carlos Garcia-ramos | 1 comments The last book I read was "The Boy On The Wooden Box". The book is about how this boy survived the Holocaust in Schindler list. This book is inserting because it shows something that the movie Schindler list doesn't show. This book is really interesting because the way they stay alive is different from what you hear.

message 29: by Jake (new)

Jake Boguslawski | 1 comments The last book I read was Passenger by Andrew Smith. It was the sequel to Marbury Lens, which was my favorite book from last year. This book brought back all the memories from the first book in the series and I really enjoyed it.

message 30: by Sha'Kyia (new)

Sha'Kyia | 1 comments The last book I read was "Panic" by Sharon M. Draper. It was a mysterious book about a girl who was abducted by a stranger. I really enjoyed the book, the author keeps you interested and every chapter you want to know how will she escape.

message 31: by Ethan (new)

Ethan Wout | 1 comments The last book I read was Bone: Out From Boneville. My favorite book is when they get to the bar into a new town and reunite after being separated. The basics of the plot is they Bone brothers get run out of their hometown and get attacked by locusts and separated and then they find each other in a new world while they try to get back home. I think that all readers would like this. It has a great story and pictures.

message 32: by Makenna (new)

Makenna Bouwhuis | 2 comments The last book I read was For Everyone by Jason Reynolds. I liked this book because it was poetry and it was a fast read. I understood what was going on the whole time and it was easy to keep up with. This book talks a lot about how you can follow your dreams and anything is possible if you work hard enough for it and I think students that would like this book is people that need motivation or like books that give them inspiration.

message 33: by Summer (new)

Summer Ledford | 1 comments The last book I read was "The Selection" by Kiera Cass. This book was more of an easier book to read and because I love The Bachelor, I loved this book. The basic plot was about girls lining up for one guy and whatever girls he picks each time go on to the next week, kinda. Students that like The Bachelor/Bachelorette, romance, and drama, would enjoy this book.

message 34: by Dominion (new)

Dominion Hurt | 1 comments The last book I read was "Children of the Flames". This book alternates between the authors’ biography of the notorious Auschwitz physician, Doctor Josef Mengele, and interviews with eighteen twins who managed to survive their encounter with him. Like most books it started off slow, but it picks up. I would recommend this book to any students who enjoys non-fiction.

message 35: by Emily (new)

Emily Bauer | 1 comments The last book I read was Monday Not Coming. It was a really good book! It was kind of like a mystery. This girl did not know where her best friend is it is about how she is trying to find her best friend named Monday. The book makes you want to keep reading to find out what is going to happen next.

message 36: by Zac (new)

Zac Wiersma | 1 comments The last book I read was Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. I enjoyed reading it because this book was inspiring and gives you the feeling that you're capable of doing whatever you set your mind to and really puts into perspective what's actually important in life and makes you realize the core values and morals that you should really be focusing on.

message 37: by Oliviapaige1114 (new)

Oliviapaige1114 | 1 comments The last book I read was Fifty Shades of Grey. I decided to read this book because it was recommended by a lot of friends and family. I really enjoyed this book, but it is not for everyone. If you have seen the movies, the book is very similar. This book is romantic and violent to some. This book makes you want to keep reading because Christian and Anastasia's relationship is one that many people don't know in today's society. This book relates today to past times in relationships.

message 38: by Wyatt (new)

Wyatt Gee | 1 comments No Country for Old Men The last book i read was "no country for old man" it was a good book with a lot of action and suspense. one man stumbles upon drug deal gone bad and takes the money and has to fend for himself while people look for him. the book makes you want to keep reading cause you always wanna know what happens next. i think any student that likes action or like crimes would enjoy thi because the whole story begins at a shoot out where no one is left sanding in the end.

message 39: by Hunter (new)

Hunter Johnson | 1 comments The last book I read was American Entrepreneur. It is a book by Willie Robertson and it talks about the riskiness about innovation and perseverance when it comes to wanting to start your own business. It starts in the early to mid 1700's around the time the United States became a country. He also states a personal example of his father Phil's business, Duck Commander, and how before the family started that business, they had a near dirt-poor life and struggled almost every day trying to make ends meet. The book points to how over 400 years of innovation and trying countless times had made this country what it is today.

message 40: by Riley (new)

Riley Pitchure | 1 comments The last book I read was Salt to the Sea. I believe that not much entertaining things happened early in the book, but I definitely did enjoy the ending to the book as it had more action, and events that most people might have heard about. As soon as I got to the end of the book I wish that there was more to read from the author on that same topic. She really made me interested in the topic halfway through the book

message 41: by Trent (new)

Trent | 1 comments The last book I finished was Salt to the Sea. Even though it was a WWII/holocaust themed book, I found it interesting. It was based in the same area but told from a bunch of different people's viewpoints. There were some slow parts to the story where there were flashbacks of certain individuals, but it was overall a good read. Students who are into WWII and realistic fiction would like this book.

message 42: by Taylor (last edited Apr 08, 2019 08:51AM) (new)

Taylor Griffth | 1 comments I read Come Back To Me which was about this girl who fell in love with her brothers best friend who both were in the military. When overseas, one dies and she loses either her brother or her boyfriend. I really liked the twist in the book especially at the end when she had to lose one of the two closest people to her. I think anyone that likes realistic fiction or romance novels would like this book.

message 43: by Zyan (new)

Zyan | 1 comments I am currently reading "On The Come Up", but the last book I read was "Prey" by Lurlene Mcdaniel. The book was about a young teacher who taught a world history class. A group of boys found her super attracted to her, because of her tight clothes and super tall heels. She noticed one student who she soon fell in love with. Her and her student began to do things other than study. I enjoyed reading this book. It is a super fast read only 192 pages!!!

message 44: by Jared (new)

Jared | 1 comments No ExitThis was the last book that I read and it was really good and pretty easy to read. I don't read too often but I read and finished the book in four days over break. It seems like a simple plot where a group of people are stuck at a rest stop in a blizzard but it has a few crazy twists in it that are really good. I would recommend this book to people who like suspense and mystery type books.

message 45: by Keith (new)

Keith | 1 comments The last book I finished was D-day on omaha beach. This book was told in the eyes of the photographer taking pictures of all of his brothers fighting during WWII. He had pictures that he was famous for but no one knew exactly who was the ones in the photos. I didn't like how that this was the only way I was able to connect it to link into my WWII paper. It was difficult at first to figure out what i would use to make it fit in.

message 46: by Jacob (new)

Jacob R | 1 comments I read a book called The Junior Classics, Animal companions. It's a collection of short stories that involve animals doing heroic acts. Although each story is unique in their own way they each follow a certain criteria of an animal saving or preventing chaos upon others. I enjoy these types of books because they keep going, once you are done with one it starts it up again with another tale keeping you curious to what the next story might be.

message 47: by Sydney (new)

Sydney | 1 comments The last book I read was The Impossible Knife of Memory. I enjoyed the action of the struggle that Hayley went through as her dad was going crazy from PTSD. There was always something happening going on with her dad, and it was interesting seeing the impact that the war had on him. The basic plot was Hayley trying to cope with life once her dad returned. Previously she was always moving from place to place but once her dad was done with service they settled in his old town so they could start their lives. The war was over but yet the memories were not. He got caught up in drugs, while his daughter just wanted to live a normal life but was being tormented by her fathers life. I think a student who is interested in history and the affects of history would really enjoy this book. It could also be a relatable book for teens going through a broken relationship with a parent. It was a quick read over break.

message 48: by Chas (new)

Chas | 1 comments City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Claire was a very thick book, the thickest book i've ever read. BUt its was well worth it because it was probably one of my top 10 most favorite books of all time. A real mind blowing roller coaster. it is the last book in the series so far and It was very spectacular. would read again.

message 49: by Connor (new)

Connor Patten | 1 comments Indian Killer
Overall I thought that this book was pretty good but could be boring at times. The book was about a Native American who murdered and scalped white men. The story was also about story about John Smith who was adopted about a white family. He is very confused about who he is and what culture to go into. The book is sometimes racist with the native americans and the white people.

message 50: by Joe (new)

Joe Greenslate | 1 comments The last book I read was for an economics book review called "The Undercover Economist" the book was honestly pretty boring, I liked the idea of the book and the author knew a lot about what he was talking about it just seemed like it was too repetitive. What he tried to do was connect economic concepts to real life events/ experiences the everyday consumer will have to face during everyday life. Students that enjoy educational reads would enjoy reading this title and once you get into it its a fairly easy read.

« previous 1