Start by marking “No Exit” as Want to Read:
No Exit

No Exit

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  17,549 ratings  ·  2,307 reviews
A brilliant, edgy thriller about four strangers, a blizzard, a kidnapped child, and a determined young woman desperate to unmask and outwit a vicious psychopath.

A kidnapped little girl locked in a stranger’s van. No help for miles. What would you do?

On her way to Utah to see her dying mother, college student Darby Thorne gets caught in a fierce blizzard in the mountains of
Published June 25th 2017 by Joffe Books

To ask other readers questions about No Exit, please sign up.
Sabrina Guidice Um...did you read the premise?? WHY would you want a 9 year old child to read about a 7 year old that was abducted and held prisoner??? I don't get…moreUm...did you read the premise?? WHY would you want a 9 year old child to read about a 7 year old that was abducted and held prisoner??? I don't get it...(less)

·  17,549 ratings  ·  2,307 reviews

Melissa
Action-packed. Edgy. Tense. Riveting.

If ever there was a book to inspire cinematic vibes, it’s this one. A plot thrilling enough to conjure up those things that often accompany a notable suspense flick—I’m talking perching rigidly on the edge of my seat, I won’t dare look away, as I mindlessly shovel handfuls of popcorn from bucket to mouth. A tense storyline, wintery terrain, and questionable characters collide in a way that makes NO EXIT impossible to put down. Ripe pickings for the big screen
j e w e l s [Books Bejeweled]
FIVE EXCITING STARS

ATTENTION FELLOW TWISTED PLOT LOVERS:
Run to the bookstore, library or Audible when this little gem is released on JULY 1, 2017. NO EXIT by Taylor Adams is your magic carpet ride out of a sweltering summer and into a snowy hell.

A kidnapped little girl locked in a stranger's van. No help for miles. What would you do?

Darby Thorne is a college student stranded by a blizzard at a highway rest stop in the middle of nowhere. She’s on the way home to see her sick mother. She’ll have
Larry H
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Somewhere between 4 and 4.5 stars.

Warning: don't read Taylor Adams' No Exit before bed.

While there are some creepy parts (and some gruesome ones), those aren't the reasons I'm warning you. It's quite simple, actually: if you start reading this book, there's no way you're going to want to put it down. You're going to want to stay up until you finish the book, and then once you're done, you'll probably have a little excess adrenaline that will keep you awake longer.

Trust me, I was severely overt
Sumit RK
A Non-Stop Thrill Ride ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Sometimes god puts people exactly where they need to be. Even when they don’t know it.

Reading NO EXIT feels like a roller coaster ride. It starts slowly, but after you are the past the first obvious twist, you never know how it’s going to twist and turn and there is no exit till the end. No Exit has everything a great thriller needs: a ingenious setup, some edgy characters and some brilliant storytelling, building tension right till the end. The twists and turns a
Meredith B.  (readingwithmere)
4.5 Stars Rounded up!

Grieving isn’t what I expected. You don’t see your loved one’s face wherever you go, haunting you on billboards and strangers. That’s a cliché. The reality is simpler, less melodramatic, and far worse. You just start to forget.

I want to start by saying I don't think I've ever disliked a character in a book more than Ashley Garver. He grins my gears and then some. But a sign of a good book is when an author makes you have an emotional reaction, right? At least for me that's
Tulay
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Had potential.

This book is for those like to read Robin Cook books. Scary, vicious and bloody nightmarish story. Can't believe any body traveling in that weather and those states, without any preparations. Got tired of repeated sayings and foul language. Don't recommend this book.
Linda Strong
Darby Thorne made a mistake. She started out late to get to her mother's. The falling snow becomes a blizzard and she loses a windshield wiper. She does manage to make it to a rest stop. The good news is that she is off the road. The bad news is she is now stranded overnight ... with no telephone service.

There are only a few cars in the parking lot and she finds people, coffee and cocoa waiting on the inside. People there seem friendly enough .... they are all in the same situation.

Strolling out
Louise Wilson
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Darby Thorne, a college student, has been stranded by a blizzard at a highway rest stop in the middle of nowhere. She was on her way home to visit her sick mother. She will need to spend the night with four strangers. But then she stumbles across a little girl locked inside one of the parked cars. With no phone signal and trapped because of the snow, Darby does not know which one of the strangers is the kidnapper.

Wow. What a terrific read this book turned out to be. I found myself quickly engros
JanB
Darby, a young, ill-prepared college student, is on her way home to visit her dying mother. She gets caught in a blizzard and is forced to stop for the night at a rest stop, along with four other strangers, when she discovers a young girl in a crate in the back of a van. One of them is a kidnapper who has a young girl locked in a van. But which one and why? The roads are closed, there’s no cell phone service, and no one is around for miles.

What’s not to like? Unfortunately, after a terrific st
Carrie
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Darby Thorne is a college student who just received the worst news of her life getting a phone call at school that her mother had been diagnosed with cancer. Fearing the worst Darby rushes off to return home hoping to make things right with her mother before it becomes too late. However what Darby didn't count on was a blizzard hitting the area that she needs to drive through to make it home.

Darby unequipped for the weather finds herself slipping and sliding her way along the highway when her wi
Matt
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime
The week that I read this happened to be the week that winter hit us the hardest. As I finish reading,
we've had 6 inches of snow and a -25 degree windchill. This definitely added to the atmosphere of reading a story set during a blizzard.

I have to admit that I’m slightly surprised that I liked this book. The book is filled with twists and turns, some I expected, some that blindsided me. Usually, I find twists and turns like that either eye rollingly predictable or completely jarring. Taylor Ad
Gabby
This shit was intense. This is a thriller/horror novel about a child abduction that takes place in the middle of a blizzard in Colorado. Our main character Darby gets stuck at a rest stop in Colorado on the way to visit her family, and she meets four strangers at a rest stop, and in the parking lot she sees a child locked in a cage with duct tape over her mouth in the back of a van. So immediately we are trying to figure out who's van that is and Darby contemplate who she can trust.

I felt like
Katie
Dec 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5/5 stars - 50 pages in, I DESPISED this book. How can I be scared by a villain who is constantly farting? However, I was more engrossed the more I read, and it was an overall decent thriller. I probably won't remember this a year from now, but I needed something fast paced, and this did the trick.
Melissa (Mel’s Bookshelf)
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks, thriller
I was really in the mood for a thriller and found this one on audio! It did not disappoint!

Darby stops at a rest stop in a blizzard. While trying to get some cell phone service, by chance she happens to find a little girl locked up in a van, bound and gagged. Problem is, she is stuck at the rest stop with four strangers and she doesn’t know which one of them is the kidnapper. Who can she trust? How is she going to save the girl?

Absolutely fantastic! Non-stop action! Twists and turns everywhere!
Edward Lorn
Dec 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
Wow, what a massive disappointment. Everything started well enough. Great characters. Interesting premise. Then I predicted the first twist...and the second...and the third...and I'm done. Not wasting another minute on this when it feels like I've read it all before. The author needs a lesson on how to hide the obvious. Such a shame that these well-developed characters are trapped in this predictable book that takes a simple concept and draws it out until the plot becomes paper-thin, boring, and ...more
ELLIAS (elliasreads)
UPDATE 11. 30. 18

Is it just me or didn't this book come out already?? LIKE TWO YEARS AGO IN 2017?? I also thought it was being made into movie? The book is being released again for 2019??!! What even....

anyways, I already read it, and it's a somewhat decent thriller. Fast paced with a really cool and direct premise....but (see full review down below)

A.J. Fucking Finn also blurbed it and im shoook??!

__

THIS BOOK HAS SUCH A FUCKING HIGH RATING HERE ON GOODREADS.....??!!

....Like seriously, literally
Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews

A phone call that her mother had cancer, a snow storm, a rest stop with strangers, and worst of all a child locked in a cage in a van.

Could it get any worse for Darby?

Who was the child, which one of the strangers in the rest stop was the kidnapper, and what can Darby do about it since there is no cell signal and no way the police could get there anyway in all that snow?

NO EXIT has us sharing a rest stop with the other stranded people trying to make time pass, but as time passes the tension and
Book of the Month
Why I love it
by Liberty Hardy

Holy cats—this pulse-pounding thriller will have you on the edge of your seat! Lock your doors, turn off your phone, and get ready to ignore all your obligations until you’ve finished No Exit—it’s THAT good.

Ever wondered if you could really be a hero when it mattered most? College student Darby Thorne is stranded in a remote highway rest stop with four strangers during a blizzard. While retrieving something from her car, she discovers a young girl locked in a van in
Lisa
Jan 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
WHAT THE BLOODY HELL WAS THAT!!!!
Unfortunately I DNF at 30% the plot was ridiculous Darby was an irritating character & if you were stuck in a blizzard WHY WOULDNT YOU HAVE A PLAN B?? For heavens sake Miss Taylor get the plot right UGhhh This was one forgettable book
WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.
Amy
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: physical-arcs
No Exit was good you guys, super fast paced, relentless action and a really great atmosphere. I loved the whole locked room vibe with a crazy snowstorm and so many unknown factors. Yes, there were definitely some implausible parts but I can definitely recommend this based on binge read factor alone!
Lisa
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A relentlessly scary thriller with an unlikely heroine.

⭐⭐⭐⭐

SUMMARY
A little girl is locked in a stranger’s van in the middle of a blizzard. No help for miles around. What would you do? Darby Thorne is a college student stranded at the Colorado mountain rest stop in the middle of a blizzard. She’s on her way home to see her sick mother. She’ll have to spend the night at the rest stop with four complete strangers. Then she stumbles across a little girl locked inside one of their cars. There is no
Skyler Autumn
2.5 Stars

I'd characterize No Exit as a lesser Dean Koontz Intensity. No Exit, takes place in a icy hellscape as our protagonist Darby finds herself stranded at a truck stop in the middle of the night with four strangers. As Darby tries to find cell services in this desolate area she accidentally sees something she cannot ignore. In one of these four stranger's car is young child being held captive in a dog crate.

Premise alone I was psyched to read this book, thought it would be the perfect at
Renee (itsbooktalk.com)
I'm between 3-3.5 stars
Oh boy, this is an interesting review for me to write. On the one hand, I read this in a day, so the pace was on point. On the other hand, I had many issues with plot holes and inconsistencies. What does that mean? Basically, if you are someone (like me) who gets hung up on illogical plot details, character inconsistencies, and a few plot holes, you might have similar issues with this book.

Darby Thorne is a sophomore in college in Colorado when she gets a dire text from h
NZLisaM
Dec 02, 2018 marked it as dnf
DNF at 22%. Slow and boring. Enjoyed the isolated, trapped element, and the setting was described well, but that was about it. There was something off about the tone that irked me. The narration seemed too upbeat considering the protagonist has just found a caged child bound and gagged, hurt and freezing, in the back of a van. The child abducter has been revealed already and I just read a page where the author felt it was necessary to have a character fart multiple times. Juvenile! Maybe it gets ...more
Truman32
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surprisingly, the novel I picked up -No Exit- was NOT an existential French play about three damned souls locked together in a room for all eternity realizing that (Mon Dieu!) Hell is other people, but was instead a hyperactive, volatile thriller that had not slept in the last 4 days existing solely on a diet of Red Bull and Pop Rocks. Taylor Adams has written a loony and very cinematic tale that has already been sold to the fat cat movie studio honchos at 20th Century Fox for quit a pretty penn ...more
Travel.with.a.book
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Don't you dare to start this book to read it at night because I guarantee you won't sleep because of the high suspense! No Exit is an extreme fast paced breath-taking thriller with full of horror and tension acts that will make you sweat!
I'm so happy to have finished this within a day and I will never forget the mixed emotions this novel gave me!
It really is an entertaining read, a solid 5 stars, it's well written, perfectly plotted and completely engrossing!
The way that Adams puts in every co
DeAnn
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
4 "stranded in a snowstorm with kidnappers" stars

I've been wanting to read this one for a while, because of the premise and that it is set in Colorado. This was an action-packed thriller from the first page to the final twist on the last page. This book made me question what I would do in this situation. Let's hope I never have to find out!

Darby is leaving her college town of Boulder and headed to Provo to see her dying mother. She gets stuck in the mountains of Colorado during a snowstorm and b
Marialyce
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
“Inhale. Count to five. Exhale. Forward motion.”

When going on a trip and traveling in snow country, one must remember to charge your phone and wear your boots!

Darby Thorne has been called home. Her mother is dying of cancer and as she leaves school and travels to Utah, traversing mountains, she is faced with a worsening snowstorm She decided she needs to stop at a rest stop and there encounters four strangers. As they get to know one another, Darby perceives that something is just not right. La
Peter Monn
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A really great thriller! A full review will be up on my booktube channel at http://YouTube.com/peterlikesbooks
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
What if you're stuck at a rest stop in a blizzard with strangers and discover a kidnapped child? You don't know who to trust and have no way to contact anyone. What would you do? What could you do?

That's the dilemma college student Darby Thorne is faced with in this fast-paced thriller. She's on her way home to see her dying mother when she has to stop at a remote rest stop in the mountains of Colorado. She can't get any cell phone reception, and there is no phone there. Just Darby and three str
Goodreads Librari...: Please correct page count 4 12 Feb 08, 2019 05:41AM
Book of The Month: No Exit 13 60 Jan 18, 2019 06:30AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine these two editions 1 34 Jul 01, 2017 10:10AM
Taylor Adams directed the acclaimed short film And I Feel Fine in 2008 and graduated Eastern Washington University with the Excellence in Screenwriting Award and the prestigious Edmund G. Yarwood Award. His directorial work has screened at the Seattle True Independent Film Festival and his writing has been featured on KAYU-TV’s Fox Life blog. He has worked in the film/television industry for sever ...more
  • The Night Olivia Fell