Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2018 Challenge Archive > November 2018 in Reflection - Best and Worst Reads

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21423 comments Let's reflect on the best and worst of the previous month's books.....

I know I can get so focused on what is next that I forget about all the wonderful books I read for the previous month's challenges! It's December and the holidays are in full swing! Swinging so much I forgot to post - sigh. At least I'm enjoying some books, even though I'm terribly behind in updating GR, I'll get there - right?! How are you all doing with the season? Are you so organized you are sitting back with your cocoa and gingerbread cookies already? Or are you more like me, flying by the seat of your pants, just hoping to get it all done in time? Are you at least finding a little time for some goods and holiday stories?

Did you discover some gems last month? DNF a few? Find your new book boyfriend or a heroine who personifies TSTL? Come on, we all want to know! Did you find some good books to read with your turkey leftovers?

message 2: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21423 comments True confession - life's been so busy I don't even remember what I read in November!

I'll have to find some time to go back and look...

message 3: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 95 comments November feels like a long time ago.

No 5-Star books for me, but I did read two books that I rated 4.5 Stars:

A Dark Lure (A Dark Lure #1) by Loreth Anne White Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7) by Catherine Bybee

message 4: by Wealie (new)

Wealie | 396 comments I’ve been catching up on Lynsay Sands’s Argeneau series A longstanding fav series - reading About a Vampire, Runaway Vampire, Immortal Nights and Immortal Unchained. I had no idea how far behind I’d fallen with the series and still have a fair few to catch up!

Unzipped by Lauren Blakely had me in stitches whilst also being really sweet and not too angsty.

I was blown away by Anne Bishop’s Written in Red. Incredibly original, vibrantly written and with some fab world building! So of course I’ve bought the rest of the series! It’s no wonder my TBR never shrinks.

I also loved returning to Deborah Harkness’ universe of the All Souls series with Time's Convert.

I had a few mediocre reads Afterlife and Rock Chick, but no complete duds or DNFs.