Start by marking “Immortal Unchained (Argeneau, #25)” as Want to Read:
Immortal Unchained (Argeneau, #25)

Immortal Unchained

(Argeneau #25)

Ever since Domitian Argenis recognized Sarita as his life mate, he’s been waiting for the perfect moment to claim her. Those fantasies did not include him being chained to a table in a secret lab or both of them being held hostage by a mad scientist. Somehow, they have to escape…

Mass Market Paperback, 369 pages
Published March 28th 2017 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Immortal Unchained, please sign up.
Kiti I would try to read one or two (any of them) before this one. Book 25 seems to accept that you would know the whole history of Atlantis as applicable…moreI would try to read one or two (any of them) before this one. Book 25 seems to accept that you would know the whole history of Atlantis as applicable to this series, and the conversion process and seems to skip over it quickly. Somebody who has not read any of the others may find things confusing. But read the others, you will love it.(less)

XxTainaxX
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
After 25 books in the same series, you'd think Sands would run out of story lines but she is still going strong. She hasn't lost her touch. I like her consistency in key elements that span throughout the line. The details matter.

In this story, Domitian and Sarita bring sexy back with an almost combustible desire for one another. They are kidnapped and dropped on an island alone together. What are life mates to do? Of course there is a big plot to go along with it but I needed to take a moment t
Marta Cox
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
Well this latest addition to the Argeneau series is quite simply non stop entertainment! This author brings her own twist to traditional vampire lore with these her Immortals who also just happen to be descended from a race that nowadays is the stuff of legends. Yet not content to simply leave it there we get the added bonus of a scientific vibe with nanos and of course mind blowing sexy times! I mean come on wouldn't you like to tick passing out into glorious oblivion from the ultimate shared b ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
4.5 Stars

As the kidnappings continue and more and more Immortals go missing, Lucien has no choice but to let a non-hunter go into the lion’s den to try to help uncover exactly what is going on. Domitian will stop at nothing to find his life mate, including being kidnapped himself. He has no idea what is waiting for him on the island but needs to get to Sarita.

Sarita is appalled at the story Dr. Dressler told her after she inadvertently helped put a man back together again. But, waking up in para
Beth
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sands is back with the 25th installment of the Argeneau series and it's still going strong with Immortal Unchained.

Domitian is an ancient vampire that found his life mate when she was still a young human. Instead of claiming her, he decided to give her some time to grow up and live. But did he wait too long? You might think that, when he finds himself chained and in the hands of the mad scientist they’ve (the Argeneaus) been battling for years. To top it off, Sarita is pulled into the labs by ne
ValerieC
Part of the reason I keep reading this series is for the humor and crazy situations. No humor in this book. It was dark and horrifying.

We have a new Immortal here called Domitian Argenis and a female cop named Sarita Reyes. This is the book where the Rogue Hunters finally find the kidnapping mastermind, Dr. Dressler and recover their kidnapped kinsmen.

I'm hoping that this series will move on from this mad scientist business back to the funnier situations of the series beginning.
MB (What she read)
I wonder how these silly people manage to survive thousands of years when they always forget they have superpowers at inconvenient times?!?

The plot of this book makes no logical sense, but it is at least more enjoyable reading than the last several books in this series.

The mad scientist experimenting on, and torturing people trope grosses me out. Glrgh. I miss the humour that was the highlight of the early books in the series. Replacing it with schlocky horror is not my cup of tea. (Sor
Douglas Meeks
Mar 30, 2017 rated it liked it
I have read every one of these books and while this one was better than many of the recent ones, it was not the addicting funny story we used to get in this series. My first less than 4 Star review in this series.

The couple of Sarita and Domitian was good but the romance was almost missing I felt. The story was told with glacial slowness I felt and if I did not love this series so much I may not have finished it at one point BUT it does end up pretty nicely if rushed in comparison to the rest of
Fanny
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was ok

Immortal Unchained tiene como protagonistas a Domitian Argenis y Sarita.

Cuando lei la sinopsis y no reconoci ninguno de los nombres de los protagonistas me senti un poco desilucionada pero el libro anterior habia tenido una revelacion tan asombrosa que me moria de ganas de leer esta novela, admito que no tanto por curiosidad por la pareja protagonista sino porque deseaba saber que inventaria la autora para explicar el giro en la trama de Immortal Nights.

En ocasiones la lectura me parecio que ten
Irina Villacis
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bc2018
Reto 2018
Grupo de WhatsApp

Libro que su titulo empiece con la primera letra de tu nombre , en mi caso es la I. " inmortal"

Esta historia tiene hartas cosas que no me convence.
1,.- Al fin podemos ver las cosas del secuestro pero sorpresa sorpresa. Sands , osea ¡ Te has confudido esto es la saga de VAMPIROS! no de ninfas , ni centauros , ni lo que sea. ¡VAMPIROS! Atlantes. Si me vas a meter seres mitologicos RECIÉN AL 26 AVO LIBRO minimo debes tener una explicación no que son " experimentos " , y
Megzy
Jul 01, 2017 rated it liked it
I hope the two sweet old ladies are someone's mate. They both deserve a second chance in life.
Jacqueline J
Solid entry into the series. The set up was interesting and we learned a lot about the current bad guy in the over arcing plot. Looks like the author might be setting up a new story line with the mutant species. We'll see I guess.
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

I think this series has really lost its touch - I would even go so far as to question if the last books were really written by the same person as the first ...

The humor that used to be a trademark in this series is gone - in its place is the same story on loop where only the character names change - and lately even those seemed borrowed as I noticed in the last book.

Adding in this one comes that it feels like a retelling of "The Island of Dr. Moreau"... Please Dear Author I loved the first books
Katie
ARC received via NetGalley

Even though this is the 25th book in this series, I did not read any of the previous ones before reading this book. I didn't think it effected me reading this book so I would say that, if you wanted to, this book could be read as a standalone.

I thought the storyline was sort of interesting.

I liked that the author had a different take on vampires than what I have read about before. Although I found it interesting, I didn't find the vampires to be very appealing. I'm not
Amyiw
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: x-2017, pnr, series
This is 2 1/2 stars and I'm bumping it down because I think I've bumped too many of these up for the last 10 or so. Parts were OK and parts good but it really only was OK in the end. There was no laughs at all for me and a few parts where I thought, that couldn't happen because he could have just read the person. If you are in an operation military or police, you would always be on alert and read everyone, yet... (view spoiler) ...more
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy:

IMMORTAL UNCHAINED is the twenty-fifth book in the Argeneau series, and I’m sad to say it is the last one I will read. It wasn’t so much that it was bad, but it was so similar to so many other things that have happened in previous books that I felt I was reading the same passages over and over again. Although the 23rd book had me excited for the new direction the series was taking, when we got there, it wasn’t worth it.

Sarita and Dominitian are both th
Malinda
4.5-5 stars

This was a great story and addition to the series. Sarita and Domitian were both characters I really liked and their story was really good and kept me interested and engaged throughout.

Sarita is a cop that lives in Canada. Sarita was born in Venezuela, but her family moved away from there when she was very young, right after her mother died after a failed kidnapping. Sarita and her father moved to Canada to get away from the violence in Venezuela. Now, Sarita has lost all of her fami
Denise Bücherwunderland
Die Reihe von Lynsay Sands habe ich vor einer gefühlten Ewigkeit begonnen und ich fand sie damals wirklich süß.
Mittlerweile kommt es mir allerdings so vor, als würde ich immer das gleiche lesen. Klar, es gibt noch eine übergreifende Handlung, aber im Endeffekt bleibt der Rest doch gleich 🙈.

Als Teenie fand ich die Idee von "Life Mates" einfach toll. Ich meine man weiß sofort, dass man mit dieser Person sein restliches Leben verbringt. Süßer gehts fast nicht 😅. Mittlerweile muss ich eher sagen, d
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
Wow that was quite a book! Holy cow. So much going on and hard to say anything without giving away spoilers!
Lets just say I loved all of it.
I felt so bad for Sarita, so much awful in her life. But she got her HEA.
What craziness that is on Dr. Dressler's island. That was a surprise for me, and all the immortals.

I still have questions at the end of this book. But it doesn't end on a cliff-hanger! I just hope that the next book isn't tooo far away

* I received my copy from edelweiss in exchange for
Becky
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this ARC copy of Immortal Unchained from Avon in exchange for a honest review.

I really enjoyed this love story, but I did find a couple of plot holes that are kind of bothering me. Lynsay always writes funny elements into her story and those were great. This book has a little darker plot as we are still in the Dressler arc. I would certainly recommend this book to all of Sands' fans.
Alealea
Mar 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
huh !
I usually like those but this one was creepy and sad as hell.
Or I grew up and am over steamy vampire romance.
Thing is I don't think being kidnap by a brilliant mad scientist and put on the 21 century version of honeymoon pseudo paradise with camera all over and being stuck with another guy who stalked me unaware for 15 years, as steamy or romantic.
Jackie
Argeneau #25 is set in Venezuela and Domitian Argenis is the hero. Turns out that his branch of the family name is the governing factor in Spain and our leading male is a well known chef in this lifetime.

Having found his life mate Sarita when she was too young to claim/court Domitian has watched out for her for the past 15 years and was planning on giving her several more until the decision was taken out of his control.

Stranded together on a small island after being basically tricked by an evil
Martel
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After 25 books, the series takes a new turn in this installment, with a theme initiated in the latest novels, (the mad evil scientist).
This one has an unambiguous (view spoiler)flavor.
We finally meet the new villain in the flesh, and the plot shows lots of fresh possibilities for the future.
It could mean a spin-off series, and/or another evolution for future Argeneau novels, we'll see...
Nice that after all this time, Lynsay Sands still manages to keep h
Jeanne
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: jeep-diva
Though Sands writes well, I didn’t really enjoy this story. I never identified with either Domitian or Sarita. They spent so much time stranded on the island together and their budding romance should have been exciting but wasn’t really. Their sexual encounters didn’t match my expectation for steaminess. The dangerous times never got me worried for their fate.

I’ve not read the series so I wasn’t aware of Sand’s interpretation of vampires and even that disappointed me. I guess I like my vampires
Wendy
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review also on my blog: http://nextbookaroundthecorner.blogsp...

Since I accidentally stumbled across the 7th book of the Argenau series of Lynsay Sands (The Accidental Vampire, what's in a name...), I was sincerely spoiled. Ever since, all vampire books I read are measured against the Argenaus... So when I saw Immortal Unchained (# 25 in the series) on Netgalley, I just had to request it. And yay, I received the ARC. I was a little hesitant, because after more than 20 books on the Argenau family
Rene' Hurt
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great book. I have read all the books in this series and each and every one is unique. If you are looking for a great vampire series this is it. I love the Argeneau family they are fun to read.
Heather
Apr 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Sarita has seen some crazy things as a cop, but nothing to rival Domitian. A vampire? Seriously? But his healing ability, incredible powers, and their mind-blowing physical connection—none of it should be possible, yet
Danielle
Dec 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Review originally posted on http://www.joyfullyreviewed.net/revie...
Anne Morgan
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Long time readers of the Argeneau series have been waiting for this book for awhile. Sands has been building us up to this Island of Dr. Moreau reminiscent story for the last few books now (Immortal Nights, Runaway Vampire) and Immortal Unchained does not disappoint. Dr. Dressler is every bit the mad scientist whacko we figured he'd be, and then some! On the one hand he readily admits that immortals are pretty much people just like anyone else, with families and lives and loved ones. On the othe ...more
Llaph
I *really* liked this book. It was new and not new at the same time. I really liked how the newer characters were linked to the older ones. This arc is pretty good, a different sort of scary than the previous one with Leoniadas (probably spelled that wrong!) I'm not sure what to think about the products of the mad scientist and how they will be used in later books. I know I wasn't really expecting that to say the least.
When I heard Domitian's name I kinda drew a blank as to who he was until he m
Amy A
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Originally posted at Vampire Book Club

The Immortal population has been dealing with mysterious disappearances of their people for quite a while now. With the escape of the Notte twins Tomasso and Dante (from Runaway Vampire and Immortal Nights) we learned that a man by the name of Dressler is the one behind the abductions. Now, Lucian Argeneau has to figure out a way to infiltrate Dressler’s stronghold located on an island off Venezuela.

That’s where Domitian Argenis comes in. Domitian, a skilled
  • Good Vampires Go to Heaven (Deadly Angels, #8)
  • Crouching Tiger, Forbidden Vampire (Love at Stake, #16)
  • Burden of Reckoning (Aaron's Kiss, #4)
  • His Immortal Embrace
  • Only Lycans Need Apply (Broken Heart, #9)
  • Haven (Tranquilli Bloodline, #1)
LYNSAY SANDS is the nationally bestselling author who is known for her hysterical historicals as well as the popular Argeneau/Rogue Hunter vampire series. With her witty and charming personality, Sands describes books as, “Waking dreams or stories, tales to amuse, entertain and distract us from everyday life.” She’s been writing stories since grade school and considers herself incredibly lucky to ...more

Argeneau (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • A Quick Bite (Argeneau #1)
  • Love Bites (Argeneau #2)
  • Single White Vampire (Argeneau #3)
  • Tall, Dark & Hungry (Argeneau #4)
  • A Bite to Remember (Argeneau #5)
  • Bite Me If You Can (Argeneau #6)
  • The Accidental Vampire (Argeneau #7)
  • Vampires are Forever (Argeneau #8)
  • Vampire, Interrupted (Argeneau #9)
  • The Rogue Hunter (Argeneau #10; Rogue Hunter #1)