Start by marking “Runaway Vampire (Argeneau, #23)” as Want to Read:
Runaway Vampire (Argeneau, #23)

Runaway Vampire

(Argeneau #23)

The latest entry in the sizzling paranormal vampire series featuring the Argeneau family - no one does wickedly funny and irresistibly steamy like Lynsay Sands!

Mass Market Paperback, 349 pages
Published February 23rd 2016 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Runaway Vampire, please sign up.
Tabitha You can most definitely read this as a stand alone, it is designed in a way where it can. Unlike some certain series they don't follow just one set of…moreYou can most definitely read this as a stand alone, it is designed in a way where it can. Unlike some certain series they don't follow just one set of characters through all 23 books. Rather, they cycle the "leader co-stars" of each book never repeating them twice. Don't get me wrong, you'll see or hear of old characters... but they won't have the key focal point.

On that note, I recommend reading them from the beginning if you get the chance to. Some will bring up a character or couple that was written about in an earlier book so may spoil a tiny bit from the past. However, it wouldn't be like jumping into the LOTR books with The Return of The King? I thinks that's the third one? I don't know that series as well as others, I'm sorry if I got that wrong.

Anyways, in the end it's your choice. I didn't start from the beginning but I was close enough it was easy to back peddle. When I started... I think they were just releasing either The Accidental Vampire, Vampires Are Forever, or Interrupted Vampire; one of the three. So, that'd be book 6, 7 or 8. Easy to back peddle. Oddly enough my Mom and Grandma tried to get me to read it my 14th summer when I was visiting them but I didn't have me reading muse. Sometimes it escapes me and, if it feels forced... I lose interest in a series.

Sorry for the ramble... I was just wanting to make sure you know as much as you could regarding things. Mainly that it doesn't spoil too much to read a later book, sometimes it doesn't spoil anything at all.(less)
Lenna Wright-Berry I just to that part too and I was thinking the same, I don't think they had gotten together in that last one.... Was there their story??

XxTainaxX
Mar 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Audiobook review. While I liked the story and thought it was written well enough, it just didn't really move me. I think the series is burning out and losing that spark for me. I also struggled a bit with this one because the hero's name is the same as my kiddo and that was SO flipping weird to listen to. Lol >.< However, I liked the slightly awkward cougar vibe when I could disregard the name.

Weirdness aside, Mary was fleshed out solidly. At times, however, it felt like in doing so, the
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Well, Runaway Vampire gave this woman hope that my life mate may just be out there waiting for me. Of course, you probably won’t ever find me driving an RV but maybe I could run him over with my Rogue???

Like usual, Lynsay Sands bowled me over with Runaway Vampire. It was fun, as usual ... It was exciting, as usual … The sex was off the charts, as usual. What was different? Well, I missed Aunt Marguerite. She actually didn’t have anything to d
Helen 2.0
Jun 12, 2016 marked it as dnf
Shelves: vamps, own, 2016, read-16, smut-pnr
DNF, though it's not the author's fault. I stopped because this is a smut book and yet the main character is 62.

It's not that I have a problem with senior citizens having sex. I just really don't want to read detailed accounts of it. So nope to this book.
Beth
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Being run over by an RV isn’t the smartest way to meet your mate, but then tortured, drugged and escaping in the nick of time wasn’t in Dante’s plan. Now he isn’t just running for his life but has his human mate in tow.

Mary isn’t past her prime she’s just spent a lot of well lived life years getting here. Her beloved human husband has passed and she endeavors to make their yearly RV trip on her own. When she thinks she hits something on a long deserted stretch of the road on her way, Mary gets m
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance My-Review-Updated-1 Summary
Dante Notte never expected that his own lifemate would run him down. Mary Winslow is a widow in her sixties and driving her RV to visit her closest friend and her husband when suddenly she realizes she has run over a person. She is shocked to learn that he is still very much alive and hiding out in her RV. She doesn't understand why she is involved with this mysterious yet gorgeous man who seems to be attracted to her in ways
Amyiw
Dec 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: x-a-z2016, pnr, x-2016, series
When I read a book like this, from a series that I loved at one time, I have to berate myself for not waiting to read it. It is one of those series that I used to run out to get the next book. Now it is a habit to read pretty quickly, instead of waiting until the mood hits for the specific world and characters. Perhaps the mood will never come, or maybe it will. This will decide whether I stop a series or go on usually, my mood. But... I don't think I was in the mood for this and I don't think i ...more
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Runaway Vampire is a light and sweet read. Even though it’s number 23 it can be read as a stand-a-lone. But, I will say Dante Notte and his twin pop up in previous titles, so you might enjoy more if read in order.

Their isn't anything new to the series. It's pretty much the same, but with different characters or problems. I have to mention that I really enjoy Sands vampires. They are not your typical vampires and I like this aspect of the series.

The storyline is that Dante and his twin where se
Stephanie  G
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dante Notte is facing a few challenges…he has to rescue his brother and keep Mary Winslow safe from their pursuers but the most challenging of all is claiming this smart stubborn woman as his life mate.

Mary wasn’t sure that this naked and insanely gorgeous man didn’t have a head injury to go along with all of his other injuries and the reader can’t help but get caught up in the thrills as Mary has to trust her gut and risk her life for an immortal who’s the very definition of a perfect stranger.
Somia
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it
As book 23 do not expect anything new when it comes to the bones of the plot, but despite this it was a pleasing, easy, one time read.

(view spoiler)
Malinda
4 stars

This was a very good story. I really liked Mary and Dante and their story was very enjoyable. I really love this series and how Sands is able to make the Atlantian Vampire storyline continually enjoyable and interesting with each new couple.

Mary is a 62 year old widow who lost her husband a year ago. She and her late husband had some bad times between them but their marriage had many years of love and companionship so Mary misses him deeply. Mary and her husband used to drive their RV sou
Maria Itliong
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-read-books
I can't wait for Dante's twin Tomasso to have his own book...
Paraphrodite
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
3.5 stars. Nothing new but still an enjoyable read.
Renee
I think I might be done with this series. While I liked the premise that the love interest was a woman in her sixties I hated hat once turned she was back in her super perfect 25 year old body. Also all that crap about the first 15 years of her marriage her husband cheated on her and had kids with other people? Honey the solution to that isn't a therapist who tells you that he cheated because you were a horrible wife and that you should do couples therapy and stick it out....NO woman deserves to ...more
Tracey Clark
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone... esp paranormal romance lovers
I loved this book... the twins Danta and Tommasso (spelling could be wrong) are always great to have in one of Lynsay Sand's books... but now we get to see them (well we see Danta) in a central role, more vocal of a part... and his interaction with the female MC, Mary, is great... as for Mary... she is very cool... she is a very impressive MC... and I cant wait to see how Tomasso is rescued (b/c in this novel he has been kidnapped... love, love, love this series..
Danielle
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sands is back with another Argeneau book! I still can't believe this is book 23 and it looks like Sands doesn't plan to stop!

Mary is driving in her RV to go to the campground her friends own. This is the first time she is going alone since her husband passed away last year. While driving she runs over something but when she stops to check it out she doesn't see anything so she continues on her journey until she finds a naked man in bedroom who definitely needs medical attention.

Dante was kidna
Gaele
I wonder just where the idea of a ‘cougar-like’ relationship came into Lynsay Sands head – especially when the cougar in process is recently widowed and all too human Mary. Completely defying expectations, Mary is older, still mourning the loss of her husband and taking that one last ‘dream trip’ in their RV to recapture the feeling of their yearly trips. Running over the very beautiful, and now damaged Dante was not part of the plan, but she can do nothing BUT try to help.

Tomasso was kidnapped
Debrac2014
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed it! I'd forgotten that the vamps were Atlanteans!
Zel Polev
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
Fangs for the Fantasy
Like most, Mary's life had been a series of ups and downs. Now a widow, Mary decides to take one last trip in her RV but the memories of the trips that she took with her husband haunt her so much that she decides to return home early, making a stop at friends RV park. Mary had believed that the trip would be uneventful but that immediately changes when she accidentally runs over Dante Notte, who is on the run from kidnappers.

Dante is only looking to find help for himself and his brother Tomasso
Noura
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Dante Notte, one of the big hulky eating-machine twins meets his lifemate in the form of a very mature Mary Winslow.

Travelling alone with just her dog Bailey, she accidentally runs over him in her RV one night. While injured badly he managed to slip in, hitched a ride and found out that he couldn't control her mind to help him out. He's also just escaped from his kidnappers (who seem to know how to down immortals like him with special tranq-darts) was forced to leave his twin, Tomasso, behind. D
Kym
Aug 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommended to Kym by: Part of series
Setting: Texas Contemporary
Genre: paranormal romance
Mary Winslow is a 60-something widow returning to Winnepeg from Texas in her RV. On a dark backroad, she hits something she thinks must have been a large animal, but when she gets out to look, she doesn't find anything immediately. But then she also gets too spooked to investigate very far, so decides to call the police at the next truck stop. When she gets there, she discovers a bloody, naked man in the back of the RV. Dante Notte has escape
P.A. Lupton
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it

The Argeneau series is still one of my favorites. It's a great lighthearted read. It can be silly at times, but it can also get steamy. I love the vampires this author created. I know some people are not a fan of instalove, but I like it if it is paranormal and has a soul mate element attached to it. What I especially loved about this book, in particular, was that the heroine was a 62 year old widow and the hero looked like he was 24 (although he was 100). It's such a unique story line that soul
Shannon
Runaway Vampire

The Characters:

Dante Notte
Mary Winslow

The Story:

HOW COULD SHE LEAVE ME ON A CLIFFHANGER!?! Okay so Mary and Dante’s story is complete but the whole Tomasso situation is up in the air and I NEED to know what happens.

It’s no lie I already love this series. Dante has been a gentle giant that has deserved his Happily Ever After for many years and I’m so glad he’s found Mary. Their story was so engrossing that I actually had dreams about being in an RV. I love the overall stor
Heather
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
As always, Lynsay Sands doesn't disappoint. Fun characters. Hot sex. And this one had a neat twist I wasn't expecting (I don't even read the back anymore! She's an Insta-buy!). Love me some Argeneau vampires!
ValerieC
I enjoyed this a lot, but the old lady turning business has become really formulaic. Maybe the fMC is easier for a mature writer if the character also older, I dunno. Anyway, I'm certainly getting bored with it (and I AM an old lady).
ShoSho
May 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Exactly what I expected!
Nicole
Mar 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2018
Great book, I can't wait to read the next
All Things Urban Fantasy
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-by-kim
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy:

Some of the best stories start with a bang, and RUNAWAY VAMPIRE starts with our main character getting run over by an RV, whilst naked, whilst running away from his captives who still have his twin brother. BANG! I thought the last few books in the Argenau series lacked action, but I was pleasantly surprised with this book, adoring the characters and storyline as well.

Dante Notte and his twin Tomasso have been featured in quite a few of the books befor
Ann Lorz
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm so happy that I am getting caught up on Sands. I'm up to my one of my favorite characters of hers. I love the twins! They have been in many of the books in this series but you really never totally get to know them. Each book gives you a little more.

It's been a slow build up to a most wanted story.

Up first we have Dante. I'd love to tell you that out of the twins he's my favorite but since until his book I really didn't know him, I couldn't tell you that. What I will tell you is that I real
Heather
Sep 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Dante Notte has heard it said that love hurts. He just wasn't expecting it to run him over in an RV. Still, a punctured lung and broken ribs are nothing compared to the full-body shock he feels whenever he's near the vehicle's driver, Mary Winslow. He needs to keep her safe from their pursuers while he rescues his brother. Most challengin
Vampires R US: May , December romance. 1 1 Mar 06, 2016 04:38PM
Vampires R US: What would you do girls if you found a sexy naked man in you RV? 1 1 Mar 05, 2016 12:19AM

• How to Seduce a Vampire (Without Really Trying) (Love at Stake, #15)
  • Good Vampires Go to Heaven (Deadly Angels, #8)
  • My Immortal Highlander (MacNachton Vampires, #3)
  • Night's Promise (Children of the Night, #6)
  • Darkness Rises (Immortal Guardians, #4)
  • Dating The Undead (Bite Nights, #1)
  • Wicked Whispers (Castle of Dark Dreams, #6)
LYNSAY SANDS is the nationally bestselling author who is known for her hysterical historicals as well as the popular Argeneau/Rogue Hunter vampire series. With her witty and charming personality, Sands describes books as, “Waking dreams or stories, tales to amuse, entertain and distract us from everyday life.” She’s been writing stories since grade school and considers herself incredibly lucky to ...more

Argeneau (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • A Quick Bite (Argeneau #1)
  • Love Bites (Argeneau #2)
  • Single White Vampire (Argeneau #3)
  • Tall, Dark & Hungry (Argeneau #4)
  • A Bite to Remember (Argeneau #5)
  • Bite Me If You Can (Argeneau #6)
  • The Accidental Vampire (Argeneau #7)
  • Vampires are Forever (Argeneau #8)
  • Vampire, Interrupted (Argeneau #9)
  • The Rogue Hunter (Argeneau #10; Rogue Hunter #1)
“She has driven into town to get the mail. He had no intention of taking you anywhere but to your bed. He is a dog,” he growled, and then glared at Dave and added, “Although that seems to me to be an insult to Bailey and her kind. She would never behave in so unsavory a manner.” 2 likes
“Dante was young enough to be her son . . . maybe even her grandson. She had no business responding to him at all.” 1 likes