Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

The Bachelor Challenge Archive > The Bachelor Team Challenge - Dressed to the Nines (9)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 213 (213 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Dec 11, 2018 09:45PM) (new)

MountainKat | 20303 comments 🌹The Bachelor Team Challenge🌹
🌹Theme - Book Boyfriends🌹

Team 9 Members:

✓ Captain - Liz (Bugetta)

Anja
Bianncka R.
Chiara
Laila Jane
Lisa B

message 2: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

Information required when posting your completion/s:

Date Task
Book/cover link
Page numbers
How book qualified, with links or cover as necessary.
Dated Completed with Rating.
If this is your second (or more) book for the task, also include that information.

Please include only this information. A small review may be included if desired, but is not required. No other discussion allowed though.

Although you will not need to make selection posts like in the PtP, your teammates might like ideas for what to read so sharing what you're reading could be very helpful. If you have any question if your book qualifies, it would be better to find out before you read it - ask your teammates or in the Q&A/Announcement thread.

Books must be 90 pages and MPG (Main Page Genre) Romance. Contemporary Romance, Historical Romance, Paranormal Romance or similar is acceptable, but it must be romance. Audiobooks and rereads are ok. Books can only be read once per person during the challenge even if it fits multiple categories. The same book can be read by teammates though. Once the task for the date is announced, you may not tag a book so that it fits or edit any lists - this must be done before the date begins.

message 3: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

The dates will begin on Saturdays at 6 PM EST, at that time the task for each date will be announced. Books must be completed and posted by the following Friday at Midnight EST, except when 'Visiting the Family' when you will have until the second Friday. Roses will be awarded before the next date begins. Each date we will be working towards spelling out B-A-C-H-E-L-O-R. The potential tasks for each letter will be posted in advance, but you will not know which task will be used until the date begins.

Roses are earned by:
🌹 The first rose per team is earned for reading 4 books fitting the task during the date.
Bonus roses may be earned by:
🌹 The team that finishes 4 books and posts in the Q&A/Announcement thread first wins a bonus rose. Note, posting is required to earn this rose.
🌹 Teams with each member completing the task (with a minimum of 6 books read) earn an additional rose.
🌹 Teams finishing 8+ books during the date win an additional rose.

Teams will not be eliminated even if they earn no roses, they will have a chance to catch up by earning additional roses on other dates. Players will be eliminated if they do not complete the task on two consecutive dates. Eliminated players will not be replaced. Remember, players are allowed to read multiple books for a given date in order to earn bonuses and/or to make up for teammates who do not read their book or who have been eliminated.

message 4: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

Captains, please reserve a few spaces for tracking.

Introduce yourselves to your teammates. Let then know where you are from, what your interests are in life and in books! Consider friending each other, that makes it easier to follow the goings on.

Your first task as a team is to come up with a team name. The theme if 'Book Boyfriend' and your team name should relate to that. Captains, please PM me your team name when you have decided.

message 5: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20303 comments I will be tracking each team's completions and using the captains' tracking to confirm before awarding roses at the end of each date.

message 6: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20303 comments Please allow your captain to reserve some tracking posts before commenting.

message 7: by Liz (Bugetta) (last edited Dec 19, 2018 06:26PM) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments Helpful Info

Sample Completion Post:
Completion Post
Week 1: B is for Bank

Book: Dirty Deeds by HelenKay Dimon
Number of Pages: 240
How book qualified: In precis (Alec Drummond didn’t make his billions by playing nice—or by playing much at all...)
Dated Completed: 12/19/18
Rating: 4 stars

Lendable Shelves:
Liz's Lendable Shelf

message 8: by Liz (Bugetta) (last edited Feb 12, 2019 06:24PM) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments Weekly Date Tasks

Week 1: B is for Banker
Week 2: A is for Another
Week 3: C is for Color
Week 4: H is for Holiday
Week 5: E is for Enjoyed
Week 6: L is for Labor
Week 7: O is for October
Week 8: R is for Remedy

message 9: by Liz (Bugetta) (last edited Jan 28, 2019 08:04PM) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments Weekly Tracking

Week One: B is for Banker
✔️ Liz (Bugetta) - Dirty Deeds [link to post]
✔️ Anja - Sexiest Billionaire [link to post]
✔️ Bianncka - Beautiful Stranger [link to post]
✔️ Chiara - Welcome to the Cameo Hotel [link to post]
✔️ Laila Jane - Hate Story [link to post]
✔️ Lisa B - Royally Bad [link to post]

Week 1: Extra Books:
✔️ Liz (Bugetta) - The Billionaire and the Bodyguard [link to post]
✔️ Bianncka - Hudson [link to post]
✔️ Bianncka - Manwhore [link to post]

Week 2: A is for Another
✔️ Liz (Bugetta) - The Magician's Angel [link to post]
✔️ Anja - Night Broken [link to post]
✔️ Bianncka - Manwhore +1 [link to post]
✔️ Chiara - Baby Maker [link to post]
✔️ Laila Jane - Coming Up for Air [link to post]
✔️ Lisa B - Once Upon a Winter's Eve [link to post]

Week 2: Extra Books:
✔️ Bianncka - Ms. Manwhore [link to post]
✔️ Chiara - Roommate [link to post]

Week 3: C is for Color
✔️ Liz (Bugetta) - Fire Touched [link to post]
✔️ Anja - Accidental Witness [link to post]
✔️ Bianncka - A Cranberry Inn Christmas [link to post]
✔️ Chiara - Finding Alexei [link to post]
✔️ Laila Jane - Holding Onto Forever [link to post]
✔️ Lisa B - The Proposal [link to post]

Week 3: Extra Books
✔️ Bianncka - Luna and the Lie [link to post]
✔️ Bianncka - The Kiss Thief [link to post]
✔️ Anja - Surviving Mateo [link to post]

Week 4: H is for Holiday
✔️ Liz (Bugetta) - Santa Daddy [link to post]
Anja
✔️ Bianncka - Belong to You [link to post]
✔️ Chiara - Our Totally, Ridiculous, Made-up Christmas Relationship [link to post]
Laila Jane - I Will: A Christmas Novella [link to post]
✔️ Lisa B - The Night Before Christmas [link to post]

Week 4: Extra Books:
✔️ Liz (Bugetta) - How I Met Your Father [link to post]
✔️ Bianncka - Just Pretend [link to post]
✔️ Bianncka - Under the Mistletoe with Me [link to post]
✔️ Bianncka - Late Night Kisses [link to post]

message 10: by Liz (Bugetta) (last edited Feb 15, 2019 07:25PM) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments Weekly Tracking Con't

Week 5: E is for Enjoyed
✔️ Liz (Bugetta) - Rough Terrain [link to post]
✔️ Anja - Timid [link to post]
✔️ Bianncka - Faking It [link to post]
✔️ Chiara - The Dark Light of Day [link to post]
Laila Jane
✔️ Lisa B - The Good Luck Sister [link to post]

Week 5: Extra Books:
✔️ Anja - Love Only Once [link to post]
✔️ Bianncka - We Shouldn't [link to post]
✔️ Chiara - Dark Needs [link to post]

Week 6: L is for Labor
✔️ Liz (Bugetta) - Life, Some Assembly Required
✔️ Anja - Simply Irresistible
✔️ Bianncka - Beard in Mind
✔️ Chiara - Transcend
✔️ Laila Jane - Well Hung
✔️ Lisa B - Collision Course

Week 6: Extra Books:
✔️ Bianncka - Well Hung
✔️ Bianncka- The Test

Week 7: O is for October
✔️ Liz (Bugetta) - Building Forever
✔️ Anja - The Marriage Trap
✔️ Bianncka - The Fall Before Flight
✔️ Chiara - Dear Jane
✔️ Laila Jane - Somewhere I'll Find You
✔️ Lisa B - Wilde in Love

Week 7: Extra Books:
✔️ Liz - Handle With Care
✔️ Bianncka - Heath

Week 8: R is for Remedy
✔️ Liz (Bugetta) - A Few Good Fish [link to post]
✔️ Anja - Dr. ER [link to post]
✔️ Bianncka - Wrong [link to post]
Chiara - Recovered [link to post]
Laila Jane - Since Drew [link to post]
✔️ Lisa B - Tracking You [link to post]

Week 7: Extra Books:
✔️ Anja - Challenge [link to post]
✔️ Bianncka - Abruption [link to post]

message 11: by Liz (Bugetta) (last edited Dec 09, 2018 08:00PM) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments Hi everyone! This sounds like a really fun, low key challenge. I think this is a new challenge for the group so we’re all be newbies together. 😊

Please introduce yourselves and share what kind of books you enjoy and what else you do, other than reading. I’ll start things off:

My name is Liz and I’m from California. I live in a beach town near Silicon Valley. I work for a university as a budget analyst which is a fancy way of sayings I keep track of the money. 😁 I’ve been an avid reader since I was a kid and these days I mainly read m/m romance of almost every genre, though I tend to avoid dark themes. When I’m not reading or working, I like to spend time with my family. I don’t have any kids but I’ve got nieces and nephews I love to spoil ( and then send back to their parents 😏). I also love Marvel movies, anything Pixar and I am way too addicted to phone games!

message 12: by Liz (Bugetta) (last edited Dec 09, 2018 08:01PM) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments We also need to come up with a team name. The theme is “Book Boyfriends.” Please share any ideas you have. I’m terrible at coming up with names but I’ll try to come up with something...🤔

message 13: by Bianncka R. (new)

Bianncka R. (bbrp) | 60 comments Hello, my name is Bianncka and I’m from Mexico, but I practically live in San Diego too. I’m studying child’s psychology (so I love kids). Right now I’m on vacation so I have free time to catch up. I love reading, I’ve been doing it regularly since I was in 6th grade. My favorite genre is romance but I can read anything, I’m not too picky.
if I’m not reading, I’m watching movies, spending time with my family or walking my dog. I’ve never done a challenge before so I hope this one go well.
I’m also horrible at names but I’ll think about it.

message 14: by Laila Jane (new)

Laila Jane (axlilxlala) | 263 comments Hi Liz! Thanks for being our captain =)

And hi team! I’m looking forward to this team challenge.
My name is Laila. I live in Illinois, in the suburbs of Chicago. I’ve always loved to read, from as far back as I can remember. I read pretty much only romances. This year I’ve stuck mostly to historical romances, but I’ll read any genre as long as there’s a romance.

I’m a night nurse, so don’t be surprised to find posts from me either really late at night or really early in the morning. I’m also the mother of a 19-month-old boy. He’s at the age where he’s constantly getting into everything, so he keeps me busy. But I love reading and I love team challenges so I couldn’t resist this one.

I’m not that good at coming up with team names. I’ll see what I can come up with.

message 15: by Laila Jane (new)

Laila Jane (axlilxlala) | 263 comments These were the only 2 I could come up with:

The Book-elorettes
Dress to the Nines

message 16: by Lisa B (new)

Lisa B Buesing | 15 comments Ooo- I like “Dress to the Nines” as a team name. No one else would have it since it goes with our team number.

Hi,

I am Lisa. I live in Minnesota, in a suburb of the Twin Cities. I have never done a team reading challenge before, so this should be fun. I really got into reading around 6th grade. My favorite romance sub genre is historical romance. I do read some contemporary romance too. I have 3 kids and was a stay at home mom for 18 years. I started working part time last year for the local school district.

message 17: by Anja (new)

Anja Vuković | 59 comments Hello :) My name is Anja and I come from Slovenia. I work at a clothing's shop and it propably isn't the best job for me as I've spent way too much money on clothes since I started. I am optimistic and am looking for something else in my town I love reading mostly contemporary romance, with some historical and paranormal mixed in as well.

message 18: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments Welcome everyone! I really like Dressed to the Nines too.

message 19: by Chiara (new)

Chiara | 669 comments Hi Everyone! :)
My name is Chiara and I'm from Italy, so my time-zone is probably slightly different from yours:)
I've always been an avid reader and nowadays I mostly read contemporary romance. I work for my local University in an office that provides scholarships and accommodation to students and I really like my job, although sometimes it can be a bit stressful, since I deal with more than a thousand students! :)
I LOVE reading challenges and I cannot wait to start this new adventure will you all :)
Unfortunately I'm quite terrible at finding good team names, but I agree that "Dressed to the Nines" is a great one :)

message 20: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments Yay! Now the team’s all here! It sounds like most of you like “Dressed to the Nines” for the team name (Thanks, Laila!). Shall I let MountainKat know that’s our team name?

message 21: by Lisa B (new)

Lisa B Buesing | 15 comments Yes, I think that should be our name. Looking forward to starting the challenge.

message 22: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20303 comments Everyone's here and looks like you are closing in on your name - doing great!

message 23: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments I’ll go make the name official. 😁

message 24: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments Hi everyone, sorry I disappeared on you. It was a crazy week! We are now officially Team “Dressed to the Nines.” 😊 Are you all ready for our first call tomorrow? I’ll try to post the category in here when it’s called (at 6pm EST) but I have plans tomorrow afternoon so I may not be able to post it right away. If anyone else wants to post it, feel free!

message 25: by Laila Jane (new)

Laila Jane (axlilxlala) | 263 comments Our first date is here!

Date 1 - B

B is for Bank

Read a book with a wealthy character, in précis or tagged to describe.
You have until Friday, December 21 @ Midnight US EST to post your completion(s)

message 26: by Laila Jane (new)

Laila Jane (axlilxlala) | 263 comments Liz do you want us to post what we're planning to read?

message 27: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments Thanks for posting the “date,” Laila!

message 28: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments Let’s have this first week be a test week. You can post your pick if you want but you don’t have to. I think after the first week I’ll know if I need you to post or not. 🙂

message 29: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments Do any of you plan to try to read more than one book? I’m hoping to find some holiday romances that fit this category since I’m devouring those right now. 😊🎅🏻🎄

message 30: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments Oh and don’t forget that it has to have romance listed on the main book page genre. It can be historical romance, paranormal romance, contemporary romance, etc...but it must have the word romance. 😊❤️🌹

message 31: by Anja (new)

Anja Vuković | 59 comments Liz (Bugetta) wrote: "Do any of you plan to try to read more than one book? I’m hoping to find some holiday romances that fit this category since I’m devouring those right now. 😊🎅🏻🎄"

It all depends on what I find but hopefully I can read two books

message 32: by Chiara (new)

Chiara | 669 comments Happy Sunday everyone!
Team 15 has already completed 4 books..WOW..they were fast!!!

I’m gonna be reading Welcome to the Cameo Hotel by K.I. Lynn by K.I. Lynn (tagged billionaire).

I think I can read more than 1 book if I can find suitable ones!

message 33: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments Wow! They’re serious competitors! I haven’t even had a chance to start mine yet. 😳

message 34: by Chiara (last edited Dec 17, 2018 04:13AM) (new)

Chiara | 669 comments COMPLETION POST - WEEK 1 - B: B is for Bank
Welcome to the Cameo Hotel by K.I. Lynn
Book: Welcome to the Cameo Hotel by K.I. Lynn
Page numbers: 278
How the book qualifies: tagged billionaire
Dated Completed: 12/16
Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️

message 35: by Anja (last edited Dec 18, 2018 12:16AM) (new)

Anja Vuković | 59 comments Completion Post - Week 1: B is for Bank
Sexiest Billionaire (Titans #1) by Sierra Cartwright
Book: Sexiest Billionaire by Sierra Cartwright
Number of Pages: 144
Date Completed: 17.12.2018
Rating: 5 stars
How the book qualifies: tagged as billionaire by 4 people

message 36: by Lisa B (new)

Lisa B Buesing | 15 comments COMPLETION POST- WEEK 1: B is for Bank
Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1) by Nora Flite
Book: Royally Bad by Nora Flite
Number of Pages: 268
How the book qualifies: in precis
Date Completed: 12/17/2018
Rating: 2 stars

message 37: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments Anja wrote: "Completion Post - Week 1: B is for Bank
Date Completed: 17.12.2018
How t..."

Hi Anja, Can you also add a rating?
Thanks!
Liz

message 38: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments Hi everyone,
Something that makes tracking easier for me is if you include the book link at the bottom of the post with a space or asterisk in it so I can easily copy it.
Like so:
[ book:Sexiest Billionaire|40527796] or [*book:Sexiest Billionaire|40527796]

No need to update this week's completion posts if you've done them already but if everyone could do this going forward I'd really appreciate it! :-D

message 39: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments Liz (Bugetta) wrote: "Anja wrote: "Completion Post - Week 1: B is for Bank
Date Completed: 17...."

Thanks, Anja!

message 40: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments Completion Post

Book: Dirty Deeds by HelenKay Dimon
Number of Pages: 240
How book qualified: In precis (Alec Drummond didn’t make his billions by playing nice—or by playing much at all...)
Dated Completed: 12/19/18
Rating: 4 stars

message 41: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments Yay, we finished four books and got our first rose!

message 42: by Chiara (new)

Chiara | 669 comments Hi everyone,
just a quick post to let you know I've just started my second book, A Nordic King by Karina Halle by Karina Halle (tagged royalty and billionaire)

message 43: by Laila Jane (new)

Laila Jane (axlilxlala) | 263 comments I should be done with my book in the next 24 hours. I’ll probably be able to do only 1 book a week since my son keeps me too busy to read more.

message 44: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments Chiara wrote: "Hi everyone,
just a quick post to let you know I've just started my second book, A Nordic King by Karina Halle by Karina Halle (tagged royalty and billionaire)"

Thanks for letting me know! I started a second book last night, so if everyone finishes their book and you and I finish our second books we'll get three roses this week. Go us!

message 45: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments Laila Jane wrote: "I should be done with my book in the next 24 hours. I’ll probably be able to do only 1 book a week since my son keeps me too busy to read more."

That's fine, Laila Jane. I don't have any kids, just a cat who is perfectly happy to sit on my lap while I read, so I'm sure I can read two books per week, no problem. :)

message 46: by Bianncka R. (last edited Dec 21, 2018 02:42AM) (new)

Bianncka R. (bbrp) | 60 comments Completion Post

Book: Beautiful Stranger by Christina Lauren.
Number of Pages: 345 pages.
How book qualified: tagged billionaire by 29 people.
Dated Completed: 12/19/2018
Rating: 4 stars.

message 47: by Bianncka R. (last edited Dec 21, 2018 02:43AM) (new)

Bianncka R. (bbrp) | 60 comments Completion Post

Book: Hudson by Laurelin Paige.
Number of Pages: 350 pages.
How Book Qualified: tagged billionaire by 17 people.
Dated Completed: 12/20/2018.
Rating: 5 stars.
Second book for this week’s task.

message 48: by Liz (Bugetta) (last edited Dec 21, 2018 02:24AM) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments Completion Post

Book: The Billionaire and the Bodyguard by Kay Simone
Number of Pages: 135
How book qualified: In precis (Bodyguard Mitchell Graves finds himself assigned to protect James Russo, a billionaire senator's son and mayoral hopeful. ...)
Dated Completed: 12/21/18
Rating: 3 stars
Second book for this week’s task.

message 49: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments Bianncka R. wrote: "Book: Hudson by Laurelin Paige.
Rating: 5 stars."

Hi Bianncka,
Can you add that this is the second book for the task??
Thanks!

message 50: by Bianncka R. (new)

Bianncka R. (bbrp) | 60 comments Liz (Bugetta) wrote: "Bianncka R. wrote: "Book: Hudson by Laurelin Paige.
Ra..."

Oops, sorry. Done!

« previous 1 3 4 5