Start by marking “Recovered” as Want to Read:
Recovered

Recovered

It was hate at first sight...

Affton

I hated Cable James McCaffrey.

He was entitled, spoiled, a user…and an addict.

He was out of control and didn’t bother trying to hide it.

He had everything anyone could want but still seemed miserable and lost.

Every move he made, every mistake he stumbled his way through, rubbed me the wrong way. However, I couldn’t stop myself from trying t
Published March 27th 2018

Start your review of Recovered
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
LIVE AMAZON https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BPR6FFK/...

5 STARS

I can't even express how much I loved this story!This is so different from what I have read so far from Jay Crownover!Recovered was an emotional,intense,heartwarming and steamy story!I fall in love with this one from the first pages!

description"alt="description"/>

I fall in love with Cable and Affton!Both were unique and interesting characters!They have an amazing chemistry and their moments together were so intense and full of tension!Cable had p
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

RECOVERED: A full length romance novel by Jay Crownover. In this we meet ‘Cable McCaffrey & Affton’ Spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’

Jay has given us a little bit of herself in this book, because cable is loosely based on a real person when she was younger, the boy who taught her about love and loss, her first crush, her first love, her first heartbreak, a truly poignant story that touched me so deep within
McGee Magoo
Feb 24, 2018 marked it as to-read
The hero's name is Cable? Gettin' weirder with the names. What's next? Toggle? Leash? Grout? No! Foil!!!! Foil Reynolds! In the winter he's a crab boat captain, but in the summers, he's a street racer. Only Acrylic Daniels can get the thrill seeker to thaw his heart. ...more
Dali
In this raw, gritty and intense new adult romance, Cable McCaffrey needs to get a foothold in an uphill battle to stay sober but having the straight laced, beyond reproach and unattainable Affton Reed as his keeper during the summer is an ever bigger challenge.

Addiction ruined her life once, Affton is not about to let it derail her plans now and spending her summer trying to keep Cable out of trouble is only a speed bump even though she’s resigned to the fact that she’ll probably fail because h
Jan
Apr 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku
This was ok, a tad bit predictable.
I know it's unfair but the story I read before this is still lingering, resonating around me.
I can't help it because it was disturbing and intense making Recovered feels like a walk in the park.
As you can see I am totally biased.
Just ignore my rate.
The sex was hot as fuck!
DW
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can we take a minute to appreciate this cover!! 🔥🔥

I wish that I could give more than 5 stars for Affton and Cable. I loved everything about this amazing book.

I was so consumed while reading Recovered. I love more than anything when a book gives me all the feels. If I cry, laugh and get angry, then it was perfect!! ❤️
Roobie
⭐️4.5 stars⭐️

Addiction didn't discriminate.
Addiction didn't care about the square footage of your house or the kind of car you drove.
It didn't care about your pedigree or your GPA.
Addiction was an equal opportunity life-ruiner.

☾☆ Nikki. ✿
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
So so so good! Really enjoyed this book!
💛💛💛💛💛
Added to my favourites shelf.
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

f4d161d36ead179e0d584d7e15ad19

An utterly devastating raw, poignant and honest story of life, love, healing, and redemption. Jay Crownover completely blew me away with Recovered as this book was so real and emotional that it pulled the heartstrings right from the start. Addiction. It is a stigma that society will always label an individual. It’s sad but true. As a society, we often judge hard or brush aside a person suffering and struggling with addiction.

And so in Recov
Kim
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars
In high school, Cable McCaffrey was a privileged, popular, short-tempered, rude, manwhore struggling with addiction and no one noticed but Affton Reed. He ruled the high school and got away with anything he wanted due to his parent's wealth and social status. But Affton had a history with watching someone wither away from drug abuse, so she tried to help. She was the quiet, guarded, good girl that did not get close to people. Her actions succeeded in alerting others to the problem, but
Annie Brewer
Loved this book so much!!! A definite win for me! A 5 star! I loved everything about it! The writing, the characters, the story, all of it. My first from Crownover even though I have all her other books, just haven't read them yet. Must change that.
Well fucking done.
Anne Milne
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m always unsure when I review a book that moves me because I know that I will never be able to adequately express just how good i is.

Never have I met such a strong male character who is also so emotionally vulnerable. I say strong because Cable’s personality dominates the story, of it was a movie I would say he’s a scene stealer. Affton is that girl in school, the one that no one pays attention to and the one who doesn’t realise just how Intriguing and beautiful she is.

Two very fascinating b
Bookgasms Book Blog
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
I am a HUGE Jay Crownover fan and have been since Rule and the Marked Men series. There was something about him that blew my mind and still affects me years later. So when I heard that the author was releasing Recovered and it was in the same NA vein as Rule but with a more edgier feel, I could not jump on it fast enough. Affton and Cable were pure FIRE!!! I loved everything about this story and honestly could not get enough of the moody and broody Cable and all of his demons and the strong and ...more
Anne OK
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
The world of addiction is ugly. And this is one hard-hitting storyline filled with a push/pull relationship that is heartbreaking for both the guilty and the innocent. My heart was literally attacked from all sides. A large dose of drama-rama that tore through my emotions.

The story is not my normal read – but it grabbed hold, and I stuck with it. It definitely evoked reactions and emotions – and not ones I have ever dealt with personally – thank God above!

Cable and Affton will wrap themselves ar
Syndi
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
i might be the minority here to give this book 2 stars. i love jay crownover. i love her marked men series. i addicted to it.

but recovered... i am not sure. the character that i do not like is actually cable. he is very confusing. his past seems... like warm and has no impact on him. his angst is for no reason. and why he is upset and angry affton leaving cable is the one who sets her free right?

and then he ends up in hospital because he is unable to man up to affton.

2 stars.
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***5 ...recovering... stars***

*****************************
“Well . . . I’m going to ruin you, and you . . .
you’re going to do your best to save me.”
*****************************

God, i loved this story!!!!
Even though that i have read only the "Marked Men" by Mrs. Crownower, for me this was one of her best work!!!
I loved very much the dynamic between Gable and Affton...
Yep, the road to recovery is a hard and lonely road, but if you have an Affton by your side, it could be easier...

“If
Beneath The Covers Blog
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads, arcs, sonal
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
Michelle
5 Stars!
Didn’t want to put this down once I started! Straight to my favorites shelf. Loved Cable and Affton! What a awesome book!!
Sarah Ali
Nov 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Recovered is everything I love about a Jay Crownover book, but taken to a next level that I wasn’t even sure existed.

If you start this book, you may want to clear your afternoon. You won’t want to leave Affton and Cable as they fight to overcome a force that has taken far too many good people from this world. Recovered is an incredible story that will help you appreciate just how hard it is to resist the pull of addiction, no matter what the drug of choice may be.

About ‘Recovered’
Affton

I hated C
❤Sana❤
5 Reed ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐s!

“What are we doing?” I had no idea, but I was positive it was going to be the best and worst thing that had ever happened to me. “Well . . . I’m going to ruin you, and you . . . you’re going to do your best to save me.”

Though I'm so caught up with work, I couldn't shelve this book without leaving some words to express how amazing it was.

CABLE KEPT ME UP TILL 4 AM!

description

TOTALLY WORTH IT, by the way.

When I read the introduction and knew that the book was inspired by the author's first hea
Mandy
LOVED this book!!!! Fantastic writing, well developed characters and a unique romance. A top pick of 2018!
Alexandra
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1018
I received an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review. Review and blog tour can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

There's nothing worse than addiction. And Afton knows that. And she can see it into her classmate Cable, who does nothing but drink, doing drugs and putting his life in danger. A cruel twist of fate causes these two people to meet again after certain circumstances and spend the summer together, as Afton must take care of Cable, who is on parole and must stay clean.

This book was differen
Three Chicks
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review by Trinette Dungee

“I thought hating Cable James McCaffrey was overwhelming. Hating him had nothing on loving him.”

To the outside world Affton Reed appeared to be standoffish, unapproachable and just plain ole snobby, but Affton has demons no one knows about; demons that caused her mother to rip their family apart, demons that took her mother away from her and demons that she recognizes in Caleb McCaffrey, demons that make her loath and detest Caleb McCaffrey.

Caleb McCaffrey was “that guy
My Pink Fairytales
WOW! What a ride!

It was all about emotions and feelings. I don't think i have ever read a book like that before. I felt like i was inside the characters' minds and hearts.
They save each other and it's amazing. I loved how it was "based on a true story", meaning that Cable (the hero) was actually Jay Crownover's first love.

I hesitated a little bit on giving it 4*, because of the epilogue.

BE AWARE OF A MAJOR SPOILER coming your way.
(view spoiler)
Karen Mc
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing

”Some souls were never meant to be saved.”

OH. MY. FREAKIN’. WOW!!! Jay Crownover has struck my soul with her words again! I don’t think I’ve ever felt an author more through her words than I have with Jay Crownover and Recovered. Recovered is so raw with pieces of the author poured into the story that make this journey so REFRESHINGLY REAL. This book made me BREATHLESS as I breathed in words that felt so personal with reality bleeding into fiction.

I don’t see life as black and white;
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

** this was released through Jay's newsletter back in 2017 so if you read that, you are not getting a new story**

I was a little leery when I read at the beginning of this book that this is kinda based on events in the author's life. Been there, read that and it has usually been a shocker!

I am happy to say though that this was not the case with Recovered.

Recovered is a story that will break your heart, stomp on it and heal it again.

Cable and Affton (yeah, I admit
Romance Readers Retreat
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I first read the Introduction notes in this book it initially made me unsure of what to expect, to explain that better I have read books by other authors who have thrown aspects in from their personal life and it didn't work and ended up just totally cringe worthy. HOWEVER Jay Crownover has nailed it with this one! I simply just could not get enough.

These characters have taken over my life for the last 2 days and I was cursing at my teenage kids for constantly making me put this book down b
TeriLyn
5 "It was time." Stars

When I randomly come across a story that pokes my interest from the blurb and the cover and I end up obsessed and longing I'm forever grateful. That's how I feel about this wonderfully dark side of human nature and the human condition it takes to withstand that kind of storm Jay Crownover presents in Recovered.

This is a tale of ruin and rising. It's a story of strength and redemption. One of brutally honesty and the toughest love. Ultimately, it's a hard fought story of ki
Melliane
Mar 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Mon avis en Français

My English review

I was touched by the beginning of the novel, a part of the personal like of the author that I’m sure wasn’t easy and that she shares with us through Cable. This start put me in a particular state of mind for the novel and I was impatient to discover the story and the characters.

We learn to know Affton and Cable, two different characters… Affton had to deal with the overdose of her mother and since then she needs to help people around her. While she takes noti
Storiesandcoffee
intense and real

This book truly shows what it's like loving an addict. It perfectly depicts what it's like watching a loved one struggle and having the desire to help but knowing, ultimately, that what happens during recovery is strictly up to them. I especially loved that the author used her own life experience to write this novel.
It's not an easy read. It's heavy and dark at times, just like living with and loving someone who struggles with sobriety, but I'm so glad I gave this book a try.

• Harry (Cooper Training, #3)
  • Until the End
  • No Rules
  • Crash test (Campus Drivers, #3)
  • Supermad (Campus Drivers, #1)
  • Book Boyfriend (Campus Drivers, #2)
  • Unexpected Christmas
  • Stairway to heaven
  • Just 17 (Just Seventeen)
  • Si Seulement
  • 6 ans
  • Eternità
  • Sans faute
  • Everywhere with you
  • En chemin (Promesse tenue, #1)
  • Adopted Love (Adopted Love, #3)
  • Calvin (Cooper Training, #2)
  • Les Ours mal léchés s'apprivoisent à Noël
Jay Crownover is the International and multiple New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Marked Men Series, The Saints of Denver Series, and The Point and Breaking Point Series. Her books can be found translated in many different languages all around the world. She is a tattooed, crazy haired Colorado native who lives at the base of the Rockies with her awesome dogs. This is where sh ...more