Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > Currently Reading/TBR

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by GabsAboutBooks (new)

GabsAboutBooks Hey Everyone! In this thread tell us what you are currently reading or what you plan to read for this readathon.

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 1031 comments I'm reading now (and hope to finish during the readathon) Macaber Carnaval. At the same time I'm reading The Alienist + maybe starting another one, not sure yet.

message 3: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 69 comments my currently reading stack (and likely to not finish prior);

The Darkest Minds
Death at La Fenice
The Girl in the Spider's Web (audio)
Under a Vampire Moon (audio)
Ocean Light
UnBound

waiting to start:
Bring Me Back (ARC)
Lies (ARC)

message 4: by Carol (new)

Carol Evans | 4 comments My current reads and I won't have them finished before the readathon, so they'll be my starting books:
Picked Off (A Brie Hooker Mystery #2) by Linda Lovely and American Eden David Hosack, Botany, and Medicine in the Garden of the Early Republic by Victoria Johnson

message 5: by Nat (new)

Nat (auntnatreads) | 3 comments Hoping to finish a couple of books:
Pachinko
Stones from the River

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 7 comments Currently reading Good Luck with That by Kristan Higgins a really sweet ARC

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jcreamer) | 10 comments Starting with trying to finish Legendary (Caraval, #2) by Stephanie Garber .

message 8: by Devon (last edited Jul 27, 2018 05:13PM) (new)

Devon (archivist_fox) | 80 comments Here is my TBR:

From my Library:
The Perfect Mother by Aimee Molloy A Town Like Alice by Nevil Shute The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine

Other Books I Want to Read for Reading Challenges:
Emma by Jane Austen The Masterpiece (Les Rougon-Macquart, #14) by Émile Zola

If I have time
Beauty and the Mustache (Knitting in the City, #4) by Penny Reid Tear You Apart (Beau Rivage, #2) by Sarah Cross A Tokyo Romance A Memoir by Ian Buruma

I am starting with The Perfect Mother! Good luck everyone!

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 7 comments Devon wrote: "Here is my TBR:

From my Library:
The Perfect Mother by Aimee MolloyA Town Like Alice by Nevil Shute The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine

Other Books I Want to Read for Reading Ch..."

I loved Tear You Apart

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Law and Murder (Fright Court, #2) by Mindy Klasky Law and Murder by Mindy Klasky. The first one in this series (Fright Court was fun. Looking forward to more hijinks with the OCD Sphinx!

Mel (thebookishmel) (thebookishmel) | 5 comments Currently reading:
Clockwork Prince (95% done)
Caraval (24% done)

TBR:
Every Heart A Doorway (audiobook)
The Rest of Us Just Live Here

message 12: by Jeanne (last edited Jul 27, 2018 05:21PM) (new)

Jeanne (jeanned) | 1 comments Starting with Before We Were Yours then I'm going too read Tell Me You're Mine (arc).

message 13: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 69 comments I’m starting with Driven Snow which is a reimaging of snow white

message 14: by Rachida (new)

Rachida | 92 comments Hi! I'm not sure how many times my TBR will change today but as for now I'm planning to finish:
The Autobiography of Malcolm X by Malcolm X _ Let It Snow by John Green _ To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han

message 15: by jillannjohn (new)

jillannjohn (jilljoh) | 2 comments Currently reading The Other Woman.

message 16: by Margaret (last edited Jul 27, 2018 05:54PM) (new)

Margaret (igem36) Chapters VI, VII, and VIII in Don Quijote.

El sol de Texas/ Under the Texas Sun by Conrado Espinoza

(I found I'll have to read at least some of Don Quijote to understand the characters' motivation in the second book.) My main goal for this readathon is to finish El sol de Texas/ Under the Texas Sun by 8:00 pm tomorrow.

message 17: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Weiler | 1 comments Starting with and hoping to finish Year One by Nora Roberts. Next up is Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas.

message 18: by JennRenee (new)

JennRenee (jennreneeread) | 2 comments Currently listening Murder & Marble Cake (Comfort Cakes Cozy Mysteries, #1) by Nancy McGovern . Another audio I have available to choose from. All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, #1) by Martha Wells and. New Corpse In Town (Secret Seal Isle Mysteries, #1) by Lucy Quinn and Invisible Ghosts by Robyn Schneider . My book pile consist of The Walking Dead, Vol. 11 Fear the Hunters by Robert Kirkman . The Walking Dead, Vol. 12 Life Among Them by Robert Kirkman . Bone, Vol, 1 Out from Boneville (Bone, #1) by Jeff Smith and Lake Lurkers by M.P. Johnson and Ten After Closing by Jessica Bayliss

message 19: by Claire (new)

Claire (clairescragglepine) | 1 comments Currently reading Island by Aldous Huxley. Started a couple months ago, but haven't picked it up in a while.

message 20: by J (new)

J L's Bibliomania (jlsbibliomania) | 9 comments I've got about 60 pages of Deliverer left and I plan to finish tonight.

I'm also planning on reading at least one or two chapters in The Inner Life of Cats: The Science and Secrets of Our Mysterious Feline Companions which is the current read for the Flat Book Society over on Booklikes http://booklikes.com/groups/show/980/...

The Inner Life of Cats The Science and Secrets of Our Mysterious Feline Companions by Thomas McNamee Deliverer (Foreigner, #9) by C.J. Cherryh

I haven't picked what comes after that, since tomorrow is a work-day and I likely won't finish whatever I start

message 21: by Diana (last edited Jul 28, 2018 01:48PM) (new)

Diana (gwenivere27) | 1 comments I'm reading With a Tangled Skein (Incarnations of Immortality, #3) by Piers Anthony by Piers Anthony at the moment, I'd also like to finish The Haunted Mansion Imagineering a Disney Classic by Jason Surrell by Jason Surrell during the 24 hours.

Finished The Haunted Mansion Imagineering a Disney Classic by Jason Surrell by Jason Surrell

message 22: by Kerry (new)

Kerry (euphemy) | 9 comments I am currently reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen about 35% in and hoping to start The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware

message 23: by Laura (new)

Laura Monroe | 1 comments Stuck at work till 11pm and then on call till 7am but I brought a book I’ve already started and so gonna be reading that for a while. Just now getting started cuz I was busy when the read-a-thon started. Reading the 4th book in The Outlander series, Drums of Autumn.

message 24: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (miriam_w13) | 18 comments Finishing a reread of Going Postal by Terry Pratchett. Next up Kill the Farm Boy by Delilah Dawson and Kevin Hearne.

message 25: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 7 comments Miriam wrote: "Finishing a reread of Going Postal by Terry Pratchett. Next up Kill the Farm Boy by Delilah Dawson and Kevin Hearne."

Ahhh I want a copy of Kill the Farm Boy sooo bad.

message 26: by Fanna (new)

Fanna (fannaforbooks) | 19 comments I'm currently reading Thr Poppy War by R.F. Kuang!

message 27: by Rachida (new)

Rachida | 92 comments Just finished my first book. Now I have to sleep!! (It’s almost 6 am omg😂)

message 28: by Emily (new)

Emily (lemonyemily) | 3 comments I'm currently reading The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. It's a long one but I'm hoping to make some good progress!

message 29: by Fanna (new)

Fanna (fannaforbooks) | 19 comments Fanna wrote: "I'm currently reading Thr Poppy War by R.F. Kuang!"

Woah, I'm always in awe of those who can stay awake for hours! And yay, you're done with one :D

message 30: by Fanna (new)

Fanna (fannaforbooks) | 19 comments Emily Hiatt wrote: "I'm currently reading The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. It's a long one but I'm hoping to make some good progress!"

I remember The Way Of Kings being recommended a lot! Are you enjoying the book? I picked up a heavy book too so the readathon can help me make some progress on it. Or else it's just me staring at the big book and avoiding it at all costs XD

message 31: by Wulfwyn (new)

Wulfwyn  (alaskanbookcafe) | 58 comments I started off with two books I had already begun and have finished both.
Dying to see you by Kerena Swan
Class Reunions Are Murder (A Poppy McAllister Mystery #1) by Libby Klein
As I am also participating in the Christmas in July readathon my next selections are going to be Christmassy.
A Christmas To Cherish (Cherish #2) by Josie Riviera
followed by
We Wish You a Murderous Christmas (A Year-Round Christmas Mystery #2) by Vicki Delany

message 32: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 7 comments I am about halfway through Good Luck with That by Kristan Higgins now

message 33: by Emily (new)

Emily (lemonyemily) | 3 comments Fanna wrote: "I remember The Way Of Kings being recommended a lot! Are you enjoying the book? I picked up a heavy book too so the readathon can help me make some progress on it. Or else it's just me staring at the big book and avoiding it at all costs XD"

I'm enjoying it so far. I loved his Mistborn series. I saw you were reading The Poppy War - that's a great one!

message 34: by Renmarie56 (new)

Renmarie56 | 1 comments Currently reading the Portable Beat Reader and am about a third of the way through. It’s six hundred pages long so I don’t think I’ll be finishing that one during this challenge.

message 35: by Tiffani (new)

Tiffani (tiffanipassportbooks) | 5 comments Currently reading American Gods which I started awhile ago. Might also read The Hemingway Valise.

message 36: by Lidya (new)

Lidya Amalia Rahmania (schadenfreudes) | 13 comments Just finished Brave New World by Aldous Huxley!

message 37: by Lamilla (new)

Lamilla | 217 comments on my MTBR are:
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling , Mort (Discworld, #4) by Terry Pratchett and Die Wand by Marlen Haushofer

message 38: by Fanna (new)

Fanna (fannaforbooks) | 19 comments Emily Hiatt wrote: "Fanna wrote: "I remember The Way Of Kings being recommended a lot! Are you enjoying the book? I picked up a heavy book too so the readathon can help me make some progress on it. Or else it's just m..."

Absolutely loving it!

message 39: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 1031 comments Currently reading Macaber Carnaval and The Alienist

message 40: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1761 comments Currently listening to Here We Go Again: My Life In Television by Betty White while I check in and cheer on! :) This my 4th book. "Book" is relative. I read a book of poetry and 2 graphic novels. :)

message 41: by Beth (new)

Beth | 127 comments Lamilla wrote: "on my MTBR are:
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling, Mort (Discworld, #4) by Terry Pratchett and Die Wand by Marlen Haushofer"

ooh! Mort (Discworld, #4) by Terry Pratchett is one of my favorite Discworld books. :-)

message 43: by Darcie (new)

Darcie (darcie_brand) | 2 comments I am using this read-a-thon to finish some books I am midway through - Overcoming Dyslexia, The Dyslexia Empowerment Plan and Fish In a Tree. My daughter was recognized as having dyslexia the end of last year - 3rd grade so I am coming up to speed and working on getting her to love listening to books. Which she does love.

message 44: by Lamilla (new)

Lamilla | 217 comments Beth wrote: ooh! Mort (Discworld, #4) by Terry Pratchett is one of my favorite Discworld books. :-)
I've heard so much about it! I've read only one of the Death series so far, Thief of Time (Discworld, #26; Death, #5) by Terry Pratchett , and it is one of my favorite Discworld books.

message 45: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1761 comments Jennifer wrote: "I just finished To All the Boys I've Loved Before. Going to read Captain Marvel: Earth's Mightiest Hero Vol. 2 for a while."

To All the Boys is a great trilogy! And the Netflix movie looks adorable!

message 47: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Reyes (vanessaleereyes) | 1 comments Currently reading dark rooms by lili anolik

message 48: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Hayward Pérez  | 22 comments Currently listening to Secrets in Sicily by Penny Feeny. It's a nice summer book.

message 49: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Hayward Pérez  | 22 comments Sill thinking about my TBR list as I've listened to what I had planned to.

message 50: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1761 comments I'm listening to You Gotta Get Bigger Dreams: My Life in Stories and Pictures by Alan Cumming and looking at the pictures in the PDF. Kind of fits my comic/graphic novel theme. lol. I love him and could listen to talk forever!!

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.