Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2018 Challenge Archive > 2018 August Pick-It-For-Me Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 147 (147 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Michaele (last edited Jul 19, 2018 10:27AM) (new)

Michaele | 4088 comments 2018 August PIFM Challenge

What is the Pick-It-For-Me Challenge?

The Pick-It-For-Me Challenge (PIFM) is a reading challenge where each participant gives and receives book recommendations based on a given a set of rules. The assignment method and book selection rules change each month so it’s always new and always different.

The idea of the PIFM challenge is that you will get new-to-you books and authors selected for you as well as a push to read some books that have been lingering on your shelves. You may not be interested in the new books recommended, which is why you also get a minimum of four books from your shelf.

You only have to read ONE book to complete this challenge!

After signups are closed, your names and any extra info will go into the super secret PIFM randomizer and it will select someone for you to recommend books to and someone to give you recommendations. This list will be posted along with any specific picking rules for the month.

In order to participate you need to either HAVE YOUR PROFILE SET TO PUBLIC(preferable), or friend the person giving you recommendations. PLEASE NOTE: if you choose to keep your profile private, it is your responsibility to send a friend request to the person picking for you as soon as possible after the matchups are posted. Whether your profile is private or not, it is also very important that your profile be set to receive Private Messages (PMs) in case anyone needs to reach out to you (mods, organizer etc.)

Everything gets done in this thread so be sure to come back often!!!

Repicks:
You can ask for repicks if:
✱ The books picked for you are not yet released.
✱ If you have already read the chosen book(s) and they are on your ‘read’ shelf.
✱ If you did not receive four picks from your ‘to-read’ shelf, with at least one from your preferred shelf.

You may NOT ask for repicks because:
✱ A book is not available at your library.
✱ A genre or author you don’t enjoy.

INFORMATION NEEDED TO SIGN UP
Please sign up in this thread with the answer to the following question:

✱✱ As a kid, how excited were you to go back to school? ✱✱

a) I couldn’t wait until school started
b) I couldn’t wait to shop the back to school sales
c) I always wanted time for one last hurrah (I’m not ready for school!)
d) School? Damn.

✱✱ If you have a preferred shelf, please list it along with your pick! ✱✱

IMPORTANT DATES
For your convenience a Time Zone Converter .

You’ll have until July 28 8 pm US EDT to make your recommendations.

Please do not start reading your book(s) until the first of the month. You then have the entire month to read your pick(s) and give some feedback.

If you’re new please read the PIFM Guidelines and FAQ . If you have any questions that are not addressed there, please feel free to ask!

✱Please note that late sign ups will be included at the host's discretion and no one will be included after re-picks are assigned!✱

message 2: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4088 comments TIPS TO MAKE THE CHALLENGE ENJOYABLE FOR EVERYONE!

Pickees
✱ To help your picker understand the type of books you like or are currently reading, please make sure your ‘read’ shelf is up to date. You can create shelves for books you DNFed (Did Not Finish) or authors that don’t work for you as well as favorite books and authors. In addition, you might consider updating your profile. You can include info about your favorite books, authors, genres, themes or tropes (or themes/tropes you dislike – i.e. secret baby).
✱ Please do not specify likes/dislikes in the sign-up thread. This information will not be included in the pairings and your pickee may not see your message and does not need to rely on that information when making picks.

Pickers
✱ Please remember this is primarily a romance readers group. Thus, most, if not all, of your picks should be romance. There are various sub genres within the romance category - Contemporary, Historical, Paranormal, Romantic Suspense, Erotica, M/M, Urban Fantasy. If your pickee reads a wide variety, you could add a non-romance as a choice.

✱ Choose at least 4 new titles for your pickee. These can be brand new to them (not found on any of their shelves) or a book found on their shelves if they've never read any of the author's work previously.

A few hints to help with book selection:
✱ Check the book’s publishing date. Select "date pub" from the checkbox selections and save.
✱ Check pickee's personalized shelves, especially their exclusive shelves. A personalized shelf is one the member has created. (e.g., 'to read next', 'favorites' ‘didn’t like’)
✱ Make sure the books you choose are not on their 'read' shelf. Just because it isn't rated doesn't mean it wasn't read.
✱ Look at your pickee's 'read' shelf and see what genres they have recently read or read the most. Reviewing their ‘read’ shelf might help you in choosing something they are interested in reading right now.
✱ If your pickee reads lots of books in a genre you are not familiar with (erotic romance, GLBT, YA, etc.) Contact the Mods or the month's organizer for guidance.
✱ Include a variety of books (e.g., shorter page count, new addition to their 'to-read' shelf, an older book on their 'to-read' shelf) This variety gives your pickee options when choosing the book or books they will be reading this month. Use the sort feature within their shelves to determine date a book was added, published or read; page numbers, ratings, etc.

If you want to volunteer to make repicks:
✱ We love that you want to help out, but please remember those who need picks have been waiting for a long time already. Please only volunteer if you are able to make the repicks within a few hours of the deadline. Thank you!

message 3: by Michaele (last edited Jul 24, 2018 09:18AM) (new)

Michaele | 4088 comments 2018 August Pick-It-For-Me Challenge

(view spoiler)

message 4: by Michaele (last edited Jul 24, 2018 01:23PM) (new)

Michaele | 4088 comments 2018 August PIFM Challenge - Picking Rules

August makes the end of summer and a return to school and an end to summer fun. Now that school is almost back in session, let’s reflect on what school meant to you and what kind of student you were.

Bookworm - “School means books to read and time spent in the library.”
Recommend a book that…
🍎 features a librarian, author, or someone who works in a bookstore
🍎 features a shy character
🍎 has brown cover or has books on the cover

Nerd/Geek - “School means time away from video games and my computer.”
Recommend a book that...
🍎 has a character that is tech savvy or works in technology
🍎 features a character in science or medical fields
🍎 has blue or black on the cover

Mean Girl/Bully - “School means that I’ll get to sharpen my claws.”
Recommend a book that...
🍎 features a mean girl or bully
🍎 features someone who overcomes bullying
🍎 is categorized as YA or New Adult
🍎 has red or pink on the cover

Jock - “School means football games… and then basketball games… and then baseball games.”
Recommend a book that...
🍎 is categorized as a sports romance
🍎 the cover is an outdoors scene
🍎 has green on the cover

Loner - “School means less time alone.”
Recommend a book that...
🍎 is categorized as a mystery or suspense
🍎 features a loner or shifter (preferably a wolf shifter/werewolf)
🍎 has grey or camouflage on the cover

Class Clown - “School means a captive audience!”
Recommend a book that...
🍎 is labeled adventure or comedy
🍎 features a funny character or is written by an author who has made you laugh
🍎 features someone smiling or laughing on the cover
🍎 has yellow or orange on the cover

Teacher’s Pet - “School means a new teacher to win over.”
Recommend a book that...
🍎 features a teacher/student romance or another taboo
🍎 features a character who is a teacher
🍎 takes place in New England
🍎 has a cover with fall colors

New Kid - “School means starting over.”
Recommend a book that...
🍎 involves a move/relocation or a homecoming or a small town
🍎 features a character starting a new job or starting over after a divorce or other life-changing event
🍎 features a character in the military or other transient profession

Please make sure you pick 4 new-to-them books and 4 from their to-read or preferred shelf for your pickee. If a preferred shelf is given, at least one book must come from that list!

message 5: by Michaele (last edited Jul 28, 2018 01:32PM) (new)

Michaele | 4088 comments 2018 August Pick-It-For-Me Challenge - Pairings

Please pick for the person BELOW you on each list with the last person picking for the first person. For example, Karen H picks for Romanticbookworm and Nancy H picks for MountainKat.

✓ = Picks made.

A - I couldn’t wait until school started
Romanticbookworm - pick-it-for-me
Nancy H
MountainKat - to-read-asap
Karen H - cant-wait-to-read

B - I couldn’t wait to shop the back to school sales
HeatherMarie - 04-mng-aug-sept
Alexa
Laura - pick-for-me
Mary-Megan - august-september
Carrie - meet-greet-picks
Sonja - PIFM
Fran - PIFM
KathyD - c-m-g-29
Elke - on-deck-5-chlges
Irina
Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress - meet-greet-picks
Michaele - pifm

C - I always wanted time for one last hurrah (I’m not ready for school!)
Carina - nextofftheshelf
jenny - to-read-soon
Diane-Firefly - next-to-read
LaurLa - 04-challenges-picklist

D - School? Damn.
Rebecca - audio
Suzanne
Courtney - august-pick-for-me
Chiara - 2018-reading-challenges
Ashley

message 6: by Michaele (last edited Jul 19, 2018 09:55AM) (new)

Michaele | 4088 comments 2018 August Pick-It-For-Me Challenge

message 7: by HeatherMarie (new)

HeatherMarie (heathermariereads) | 659 comments B please. this one

message 8: by Laura..devouring books like crumpets (last edited Jul 19, 2018 10:40AM) (new)

Laura..devouring books like crumpets (lauzacookie) | 963 comments https://www.goodreads.com/review/list... shelf please
B also
shelf please

message 9: by Alexa (new)

Alexa (psreadthisbook) | 313 comments I'm in for B.

message 10: by Carina (new)

Carina | 137 comments I’m in for c. Use nextofftheshelf

message 11: by Nancy H (new)

Nancy H | 933 comments Definitely A. And then I went on to become a teacher, and spent 40 more years after college going to school every fall! When I retired, it felt so free to be NOT getting ready for school every August!

message 12: by Mary-Megan (new)

Mary-Megan | 2172 comments I'm totally B and still am. I get way too excited over notebooks and pens.

Please use: August-September

message 13: by jenny (new)

jenny (ynnej405) | 353 comments I'm in for C! Please use to-read-soon

message 14: by Rebecca (last edited Jul 20, 2018 05:03AM) (new)

Rebecca (bexsi) | 777 comments d) School? Damn

This month please use Audio

If you choose a book that is part of a series can you look to see if I have read the previous books, I don't like to start a series halfway through. I have a lot of books on this shelf so there is no need to pick all the books from the same page. Sorry for the rant LOL.

message 15: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 826 comments b) I couldn’t wait to shop the back to school sales

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list... please

message 16: by Chiara (last edited Jul 20, 2018 07:12AM) (new)

Chiara | 663 comments I’m definitely D!

Please use 2018-reading-challenges

message 17: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 10986 comments I'm in and I'm a B......( private profile, happy to friend anyone who picks for me)

PIFM shelf- https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 18: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2049 comments I'm in and I'm a d) School? Damn.

message 19: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 2248 comments i'm in with b ... c-m-g-29

message 20: by Romanticbookworm (last edited Jul 21, 2018 04:25PM) (new)

Romanticbookworm | 276 comments I am in with A or D. please use my Pick it for me list

message 21: by Courtney (last edited Jul 21, 2018 09:40PM) (new)

Courtney | 240 comments I'm in with d.

august-pick-for-me

message 22: by Sonja (last edited Jul 24, 2018 11:39AM) (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1045 comments I’m in! PIFM shelf please and I’m a B. The sales were the seller! Lol I was excited for school for about two weeks and then the ‘fun’ kinda wore off!

message 23: by Elke (last edited Jul 21, 2018 06:49AM) (new)

Elke (ejurca) | 1810 comments I am in!!
"B" for me! I still love school supplies...even though I am not in school or have kids! Lol!!

Please pick from my On deck 4 chlges

message 24: by Diane ~Firefly~ (last edited Jul 21, 2018 07:44AM) (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 1434 comments C for me.

Next_to_Read

message 25: by Irina (new)

Irina (reetu_416) | 504 comments I'm in!

I'm a B.

message 26: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 449 comments D.

message 27: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19600 comments I was a great big A! (Now I'd be an even bigger D!)

Please use my to-read-asap shelf - thanks!

message 28: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 3327 comments I'm in for C! I could deal with school but wasn't always ready to go back
04-challenges-picklist

message 30: by Michaele (last edited Jul 23, 2018 11:00AM) (new)

Michaele | 4088 comments Anyone else who wants to sign up - the deadline is looming! It's tomorrow July 24th.

message 31: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4088 comments I guess I should follow my own advice - I'm in! I'm a B. Usually I hate shopping, but I LOVE office supplies!

message 32: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 6903 comments Michaele wrote: "I guess I should follow my own advice - I'm in! I'm a B. Usually I hate shopping, but I LOVE office supplies!"

I'm with you - hate shopping but love office supplies too. But even so I think I'm more A than B, so I'll go with A! =)

Please use my cant-wait-to-read shelf...thanks!

message 33: by Sonja (last edited Jul 24, 2018 11:13AM) (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1045 comments Hmmm commenting again because I don't seem to be getting the updates! Think it's cuz I signed up on the mobile app....

message 34: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4088 comments Signups are closed now- I'll be back in the next couple hours with pairings and categories!

message 35: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4088 comments Pairings and picking rules are up- see posts 4 and 5!

Happy picking! Be sure to have your picks posted by July 28 by 8pm EST.

message 36: by Sonja (last edited Jul 24, 2018 01:38PM) (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1045 comments FRAN! I'm picking for YOU! BRB.... wait... um... which PIFM shelf do I use again?

message 37: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4088 comments Sonja wrote: "FRAN! I'm picking for YOU! BRB.... wait... um... which PIFM shelf do I use again?"

If you friended Fran you should be able to see her shelves and find her PIFM shelf, I couldn't add a link since we aren't friends :)

message 38: by Sonja (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1045 comments Michaele wrote: "Sonja wrote: "FRAN! I'm picking for YOU! BRB.... wait... um... which PIFM shelf do I use again?"

If you friended Fran you should be able to see her shelves and find her PIFM shelf, I couldn't add ..."

Thank you Michaele! I *think* it's a-PIFM-shelf as the only other one labeled PIFM doesn't have anything in it. Process of elimination!

GREAT picking rules BTW!!

message 39: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4088 comments Thanks!!

message 40: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 240 comments Chiara, here you go!

Librarian/Shy/Brown/Books
TBR: Autoboyography (book)
NEW: Beyond All Dreams (librarian)

Autoboyography by Christina Lauren Beyond All Dreams by Elizabeth Camden

Tech/Science/Medical/Blue/Black
TBR: Full Tilt (medical)
NEW: The Desert Nurse (medical)

Full Tilt (Full Tilt, #1) by Emma Scott The Desert Nurse by Pamela Hart

Bully/YA/Red/Pink
TBR: See Through Heart (Red/pink)
NEW: Some Girls Are (mean girls)

See Through Heart by Amie Knight Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers

Sports/Outdoors/Green
TBR: The Chase (sports)
NEW: The Perfect Play (sports)
NEW: Starling (outdoor)

The Chase (Briar U, #1) by Elle Kennedy The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1) by Jaci Burton Starling (South Landers, #1) by Virginia Taylor

Mystery/Suspense/Loner/Shifter/Grey/Camou
TBR: The Simple Wild (loner)
NEW: Naked in Death (suspense)

The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker Naked in Death (In Death #1) by J.D. Robb

Adventure/Comedy/Funny/Smiling/Yellow/Orange
TBR: Nuts (funny)
NEW: Bridget Jones's Diary (funny)

Nuts (Hudson Valley, #1) by Alice Clayton Bridget Jones's Diary (Bridget Jones, #1) by Helen Fielding

Teacher/Student/New England/Fall Colors
TBR: More Than Words (student)
TBR: One Small Thing (student)

More Than Words by Mia Sheridan One Small Thing by Erin Watt

Homecoming/Small Town/Post-Divorce/Life-Change/Military/Transient
TBR: In The Absence Of Light (Life-Change)
NEW: Heist Society (Transient)
NEW: Affair (Life-change)

In The Absence Of Light by Adrienne Wilder Heist Society (Heist Society, #1) by Ally Carter Affair by Amanda Quick

message 41: by HeatherMarie (new)

HeatherMarie (heathermariereads) | 659 comments Hey Alexa!
Hope you find something good to read. Looked like you read pretty widely so tried to give you a little something of everything. Let me know if you'd like something different. Happy reading!

1. Bookworm
TBR: The Hating Game (bookstore...kinda stretching it here but the MCs work in publishing)
New: Taken by Storm (librarian)
The Hating Game by Sally Thorne Taken by Storm (The Taken Book 1) by Anna Argent

2. Nerd/Geek
TBR: Strength (blue cover)
New: Dreamspell (science)
Strength (Curse of the Gods #4) by Jane Washington Dreamspell (Beyond Time #1) by Tamara Leigh

3. Mean Girl/Bully
TBR: Settling the Score (new adult)
New: The Lotus Palace (red cover)
Settling the Score (The Summer Games, #1) by R.S. Grey The Lotus Palace (The Pingkang Li Mysteries, #1) by Jeannie Lin

4. Jock
TBR: Keepsake (outdoors)
New: Summer Is for Lovers (sports)
Keepsake (True North, #3) by Sarina Bowen Summer Is for Lovers (Second Sons, #2) by Jennifer McQuiston

5. Loner
TBR: Avalanche (suspense)
New: Clean Sweep (shifter)
Avalanche (BearPaw Resort, #1) by Cambria Hebert Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #1) by Ilona Andrews

6. Class Clown
TBR: Cream of the Crop (funny)
New: Sweet Tea and Sympathy (funny)
Cream of the Crop (Hudson Valley, #2) by Alice Clayton Sweet Tea and Sympathy (Southern Eclectic, #1) by Molly Harper

7. Teacher's Pet
TBR: Faster than a Kiss T01 (student/teacher)
New: It Happened at the Fair (teacher)
Faster than a Kiss T01 by Meca Tanaka It Happened at the Fair (It Happened at the Fair, #1) by Deeanne Gist

8. New Kid
TBR: Off Base (military)
New: People of the Book (new job)
Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1) by Annabeth Albert People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks

message 42: by Michaele (last edited Jul 24, 2018 06:05PM) (new)

Michaele | 4088 comments HeatherMarie- here are your picks! I hope you find something you like!!

Recommend a book that…
🍎 features a shy character New- The Winter Courtship Rituals of Fur-Bearing Critters - he's more grumpy than shy, but I think he is shy under the grumpy :) It's also a m/m book, but it looks like you've read a few of those, so I thought it'd be ok
🍎 has brown cover or has books on the cover TBR- Borrowed Light

The Winter Courtship Rituals of Fur-Bearing Critters (Granby Knitting, #1) by Amy Lane Borrowed Light (Borrowed Light #1) by Carla Kelly

Nerd/Geek - “School means time away from video games and my computer.”
Recommend a book that...
TBR - Burning with Desire (paramedic)
New - Far from Perfect (she becomes a nurse)

Burning with Desire (Marietta Medical, #1; Men of Marietta, #5) by Patricia W. Fischer Far from Perfect (Perfect, Indiana, #1) by Barbara Longley

Mean Girl/Bully - “School means that I’ll get to sharpen my claws.”
Recommend a book that...
🍎 is categorized as New Adult
The Deal (do you have any triggers?)
TBR - A Cat Called Cupid

The Deal (Off-Campus, #1) by Elle Kennedy A Cat Called Cupid by Mazy Morris

Jock - “School means football games… and then basketball games… and then baseball games.”
Recommend a book that...
🍎 is categorized as a sports romance- New Alex
🍎 the cover is an outdoors scene and has green on the cover- TBR- The Edge of Town

Alex (Cold Fury Hockey, #1) by Sawyer Bennett The Edge of Town (Jazz Age, #1) by Dorothy Garlock

Loner - “School means less time alone.”
Recommend a book that...
TBR - Angels Fall
🍎 features a loner or shifter (preferably a wolf shifter/werewolf)
TBR - Shifting Dreams (I could decide between this and Angel Falls so I am picking both :)
🍎 has grey on the cover and is categorized as a mystery or suspense NEW- Seeing Red

Angels Fall by Nora Roberts Shifting Dreams (Cambio Springs, #1) by Elizabeth Hunter Seeing Red by Sandra Brown

Class Clown - “School means a captive audience!”
Recommend a book that...
🍎 features a funny character or is written by an author who has made you laugh NEW - Welcome to Temptation
TBR- Baking Lessons (this is the second in a series, but I didn't see the first on your TBR list - let me know if you want a re-pick though, since this isn't in order).

Welcome to Temptation (Dempseys, #1) by Jennifer Crusie Baking Lessons (Off Guard, #2) by Katie Allen

Teacher’s Pet - “School means a new teacher to win over.”
Recommend a book that...
🍎 takes place in New England
TBR - Speakeasy and NEW - The Will

Speakeasy (True North, #5) by Sarina Bowen The Will (Magdalene, #1) by Kristen Ashley

New Kid - “School means starting over.”
Recommend a book that...
TBR - Dangerous Seduction
🍎 features a character in the military
NEW - Issued to the Bride: One Navy SEAL (this one was picked for me a couple months ago, I didn't expect to like it, but ended up really enjoying it).

Dangerous Seduction (Montana Men, #1) by Elizabeth Lennox Issued to the Bride One Navy SEAL (Brides of Chance Creek, #1) by Cora Seton

message 43: by HeatherMarie (new)

HeatherMarie (heathermariereads) | 659 comments Michaele wrote: "HeatherMarie- here are your picks! I hope you find something you like!!

Recommend a book that…
🍎 features a shy character New..."

Thanks Michaele! These look great!❤️
I really liked your picking rules too!

message 44: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4088 comments HeatherMarie wrote: ...

Thanks! Glad you like the picking rules too!

message 45: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 1434 comments LaurLa

You have a ton of books on your shelf, so I hope the new ones I was able to find sound good to you.

1. Bookworm: Love this title from your TBR - How to Hook a Bookworm by Cassie Mae. I liked this book so much, I immediately bought book 2 and 3 as Ivy was just an awesome character who was really more bored than lazy - Slouch Witch by Helen Harper.

How to Hook a Bookworm (How To, #3) by Cassie Mae Slouch Witch (The Lazy Girl's Guide to Magic, #1) by Helen Harper

2. Nerd/Geek: I've been enjoying this series - Talen by Rebecca Zanetti and hopefully I'm right in remembering the heroine is in research. I saw you liked Jennifer Crusie, so I thought you might enjoy this mad-cap caper with very kooky characters and circumstances - The Escape Diaries by Juliet Rosetti.

Talen (Dark Protectors, #7.9) by Rebecca Zanetti The Escape Diaries (Life and Love on the Lam, #1) by Juliet Rosetti

3. Mean Girl/Bully: I enjoy the reclusive romance male author bit in Single White Vampire by Lynsay Sands. I know this is on your TBR as well, but you need to read it. Both this series (except maybe the last one) and the spinoff series are great - Lick by Kylie Scott.

Single White Vampire (Argeneau #3) by Lynsay Sands Lick (Stage Dive, #1) by Kylie Scott

4. Jock: Total Rush by Deidre Martin is definitely a sports romance. Or check out when a free-spirit personal chef moves to a small town to work for an elderly woman who is just starting to enjoy life and comes against her staid eldest grandson in Fool for Love by Beth Ciotta

Total Rush (New York Blades, #3) by Deirdre Martin Fool for Love (Cupcake Lovers, #1) by Beth Ciotta

5. Loner: A couple mysteries for you with Lethal Bayou Beauty by Jana DeLeon or one of my favorite series, which while older has amazing characters - Murder by Impulse by D.R. Meredith.

Lethal Bayou Beauty (Miss Fortune Mystery #2) by Jana Deleon Murder by Impulse by D.R. Meredith

6. Class Clown: A pretty yellow flower on the cover of A Little Red Magic Novella-Strange Brew by Eliza Fleetwood. To Woo A Warrior by Jane Cousins is a humorous PNR. Hadleigh is a 6'6' warrior who couldn't be girly to save her life and her matchmaking relative sent her to work at a paranormal reality show.

A Little Red Magic Novella-Strange Brew by Eliza Fleetwood To Woo A Warrior (Southern Sanctuary, #1) by Jane Cousins

7. Teacher’s Pet: pretty fall colors on Hallowed Ground. Or check out my favorite author, Jayne Ann Krentz with Promise Not to Tell where a childhood tragedy is coming back to haunt the heroine.

Hallowed Ground (PI Julie Collins, #2) by Lori G. Armstrong Promise Not to Tell (Cutler, Sutter & Salinas #2) by Jayne Ann Krentz

8. New Kid: Somebody to Love by Lori Wilde sounds like a small town homecoming story. Or check out a suspense novel where the small town Casey moved to houses people who are running from something (and no one can leave) and she needs to use her homicide detective skills in City of the Lost by Kelley Armstrong.

Somebody to Love (Cupid, Texas, #3) by Lori Wilde City of the Lost (Rockton, #1) by Kelley Armstrong

message 46: by Mary-Megan (new)

Mary-Megan | 2172 comments Carrie

I hope I found some good books for you. You have a lot already read and on your TBR list, so hopefully something I found catches your eye.

1. Bookworm
TBR: The Librarian of Auschwitz (librarian/books)
New: The Book of Speculation (librarian/books)
The Librarian of Auschwitz by Antonio Iturbe The Book of Speculation by Erika Swyler

2. Nerd/Geek
TBR: Attachments (tech savvy)
New: Three Fates (tech savvy)
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell Three Fates by Nora Roberts

3. Mean Girl/Bully
TBR: The Elite (YA/red cover)
New: Playing Dirty (overcoming bully)
The Elite (The Selection, #2) by Kiera Cass Playing Dirty (Sisterhood Diaries, #3) by Susan Andersen

4. Jock
TBR: Dagmars Daughter (green/outdoors)
New: A Knight in Shining Armor (outdoor scene)
Dagmars Daughter by Kim Echlin A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux

5. Loner
TBR: Wizard's First Rule (gray)
New: Feral Sins (shifter/gray cover)
Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1) by Terry Goodkind Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1) by Suzanne Wright

6. Class Clown
TBR: Key of Knowledge (orange)
New: The Firebird (yellow and orange)
Key of Knowledge (Key Trilogy, #2) by Nora Roberts The Firebird (Slains, #2) by Susanna Kearsley

7. Teacher's Pet
TBR: Dragonfly in Amber (fall colors)
New: The Whole Golden World (teacher/student)
Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander, #2) by Diana Gabaldon The Whole Golden World by Kristina Riggle

8. New Kid
TBR: Me Before You (new job) The Sweetest Thing (starting over/small town)
New: When Lightning Strikes (small town)
Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2) by Jill Shalvis When Lightning Strikes (Whiskey Creek, #1) by Brenda Novak

message 47: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19600 comments Hi Karen! Guess what - I get to pick for you! I'll work on your picks tomorrow. =)

message 48: by Chiara (new)

Chiara | 663 comments Courtney wrote: "Chiara, here you go!

Librarian/Shy/Brown/Books
TBR: Autoboyography (book)
NEW: Beyond All Dreams (librarian)..."

Hey Courtney, thanks for the AMAZING picks!! I cannot wait to read them :)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 1791 comments Michaele's Picks

Bookworm -
🍎 features a librarian, author, or someone who works in a bookstore
TBR: A Note in the Margin
🍎 has brown cover or has books on the cover
New: Burned
A Note in the Margin (A Note in the Margin, #1) by Isabelle Rowan Burned (Ignite, #1) by Tara Sivec

Nerd/Geek -
TBR: The Trouble With Tony
🍎 has blue or black on the cover
NEW: For 100 Days
The Trouble With Tony (Sex in Seattle, #1) by Eli Easton For 100 Days (100 Series, #1) by Lara Adrian

Mean Girl/Bully -
🍎 features someone who overcomes bullying
🍎 is categorized as YA or New Adult
Her Perfect Revenge
TBR: The Rosie Project
The Rosie Project (Don Tillman, #1) by Graeme Simsion Her Perfect Revenge by Anna Mara

Jock -
🍎 is categorized as a sports romance
TBR: Play On
NEW: Fraternize
Play On (Glasgow Lads, #0.5) by Avery Cockburn Fraternize (Players Game, #1) by Rachel Van Dyken

Loner -
NEW: The Night Bird
🍎 has grey or camouflage on the cover
TBR: Bared to You
The Night Bird (Frost Easton, #1) by Brian Freeman Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day

Class Clown -
TBR: Finders Keepers
🍎 has yellow or orange on the cover
Anyone But You
Finders Keepers by N.R. Walker Anyone But You by Jennifer Crusie

Teacher’s Pet -
🍎 features a teacher/student romance or another taboo
NEW: Defy
🍎 has a cover with fall colors
TBR: Heat of the Moment
Defy (Sinners of Saint, #0.5) by L.J. Shen Heat of the Moment (Out of Uniform, #1) by Elle Kennedy

New Kid -
NEW: One Thursday Morning
🍎 features a character in the military or other transient profession
NEW: Axel
One Thursday Morning (Diamond Lake #1) by T.K. Chapin Axel (Corps Security, #1) by Harper Sloan

message 50: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bexsi) | 777 comments Hi Suzanne,
I will start your picks in a few hours when I get home.

« previous 1 3